Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Smackdown's Elimination Chamber...

Go down 
+4
the-gaffer
grendelsdad
boschbourne06
Grecian
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Smackdown's Elimination Chamber... Empty
PostSubject: Smackdown's Elimination Chamber...   Smackdown's Elimination Chamber... EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 10:37 am

Without reading any spoilers for this week's show, who's going to win and head to Mania as the Champ?

Triple H, has been the challenger the last couple of Mania's he's headlined, without winning in either. He loves being the Champ, so will he win on Sunday, or wait until Mania to make sure he's the number 1 contender instead?

Undertaker, according to reports is prepared to lose his streak. If he's the champ heading into Mania, is it too predictable that he'll retain the title, or would he do the job in the biggest match of all?

Edge - could he retain against his 5 biggest challengers? Or will he lose, only for Vickie to make him the Number 1 contender for the Grandaddy of them all?

Jeff Hardy - I think he could be the most over star in the match. He's pinned Edge, Taker and Trips in the past few months, has had the biggest push I can remember, and had a very short reign. Could he win his second world title, having not buried himself in Wellness Test violations after the first one? What better way to make a star than to have him headline Mania as WWE Champ?

Kozlov - not unbeaten, but not pinned. I can't see him winning this, and I hope to all that's holy that he doesn't win too.

Big Show - can't see him winning either, but with Vickie possibly in his corner, who knows?

In closing, I genuinely don't have a clue who's going to win. Any shouts from anyone? This is purely to win the EC on Sunday, and not who will be the champ after Mania.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown's Elimination Chamber...   Smackdown's Elimination Chamber... EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 10:42 am

you no im not sure yet whos going to win just yet i probably might have an idea after smackdown i cant see jeff winning the title back though
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
grendelsdad
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
grendelsdad

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown's Elimination Chamber...   Smackdown's Elimination Chamber... EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 11:18 am

Good assessment of the situation, I really don't have a clue either. Speaking in terms of favorites I'd like Edge or The Undertaker to win, but both of them would do great without a title win storyline-wise.

And I can't really see Edge winning because he never struck me as the odds-overcoming type of guy. That one's in the Raw chamber.

I wholeheartedly agree with your statements about Kozlov. He's been kinda meh on his debut, then he became awesome Ivan Drago, now he is kinda meh again. And putting the belt on him sure wouldn't improve that. K.O.Z.L.O.V don't need title, K.O.Z.L.O.V need kompetishin!

Big Show seems a bit aimless to me, and out of shape. Basically he is back to where he was before he left wrestling a while ago. I don't want that to happen again because I still like him, but much like Kozlov, making him champion wont improve matters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/grendelsdad
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown's Elimination Chamber...   Smackdown's Elimination Chamber... EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 12:50 pm

I can see both Champions retaining the titles at No Way Out

I think Cena is a dead cert, never has a Chamber match been so weak, only Jericho is a realistic winner and they have all but spoiled that by having him do promos with and about Flair and Micky Rourke

The SD chamber will be different, more possibilites, however I can only see two outcomes here, Edge or Triple H, what makes it interesting though, is Jeff Hardy has not had his rematch yet, and I doubt a chamber spot counts as a rematch, so I can really see the possibility of a Triple Threat match at Mania, I was thinking it would be for the RAW title with Orton vs Cena vs Michaels (w/JBL) but after they basically scrapped this with a rushed finish I can see the SD title getting that type of match

What I have been thinking about for a while is Jeff Hardy to regain the WWE title in a Triple Threat Match at WrestleMania and for Matt Hardy to come from absolutely nowhere (possibly through the crowd) hit a tired and battered Jeff with a Twist of Fait and win the WWE title
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Country : Smackdown's Elimination Chamber... UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown's Elimination Chamber...   Smackdown's Elimination Chamber... EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 1:52 pm

One thing I'm intrigued about is Orton's mention the other night that he can choose which belt he can go for when previously it was assumed he'd be challenging Cena (the obvious winner of the RAW chamber).
If Orton decides to go for the SD title then surely HHH is the one most likely to be champ at that point?
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown's Elimination Chamber...   Smackdown's Elimination Chamber... EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 1:56 pm

Who knows? Could just have been a swerve to stop everyone assuming Orton would face Cena (which it should have been last year, without Trips getting involved)
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown's Elimination Chamber...   Smackdown's Elimination Chamber... EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 1:56 pm

i think it will be orton vs taker for the title at mania

and orton takes the streak, he looks to be THE next big massive name in wwe, bigger than batista but heel, maybe even bigger than cena.

also means ted di biase can be involved to suit the earlier rumours.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown's Elimination Chamber...   Smackdown's Elimination Chamber... EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 1:57 pm

Definitely however can you see Orton vs Triple H on SmackDown!?

While I accept it was done last year on RAW and wasn't the best, it would be a different kettle of fish now with the McMahons involved and Orton assaulting each and everyone of them, the promos would be better, it wouldn't be shortcut to smarkville from Haitch either, well I'm assuming.

I can see Triple H costing Orton the title, either at WrestleMania or BackLash and the story moving on from their

Orton is being designed to become the biggest player in the game over the next 12 months, he will stay on RAW for sure
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown's Elimination Chamber...   Smackdown's Elimination Chamber... EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 1:58 pm

steph was on the phone to HHH do we all think on raw? is that the presumption we are supposed to make? although she ended the convo like it was just some randomer...
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown's Elimination Chamber...   Smackdown's Elimination Chamber... EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 2:00 pm

I can't see Orton back on the blue brand either, now he's involved with the McMahons, if Trips gets involved, it'll be Trips headed back to Raw.
Back to top Go down
CruiserJim
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
CruiserJim

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown's Elimination Chamber...   Smackdown's Elimination Chamber... EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 2:00 pm

I can see Edge winning this, and then I can really see Jeff going to Mania. I do think Taker will loose his streak this year, but not for the Title
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown's Elimination Chamber...   Smackdown's Elimination Chamber... EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 2:01 pm

steph was on the phone to HHH do we all think on raw? is that the presumption we are supposed to make? although she ended the convo like it was just some randomer...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought (or even hoped) Trips to start with, but it could have been Vince, Shane...
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown's Elimination Chamber...   Smackdown's Elimination Chamber... EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 2:02 pm

if edge or jeff wins, then the winner of MITB will face either jeff or edge? as they are the smaller guys. edge could win, hardy then wins the MITB with christian and Matt in? while edge defends title vs orton at mania?
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown's Elimination Chamber...   Smackdown's Elimination Chamber... EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 2:03 pm

If Orton takes the title off HHH whilst still abusing the Mcmahons including Steph, it creates an instant inroad for HHH to return to RAW post Mania.
Breaks the kayfabe at last for HHH which he's been dying to do for ages with the occasional shoot promo, reunites the McMahon Helmsley team, which was the last time HHH did anything decent and gets him back on the show he wants to be on.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown's Elimination Chamber...   Smackdown's Elimination Chamber... EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 2:03 pm

Grecian wrote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought (or even hoped) Trips to start with, but it could have been Vince, Shane...

-------

never ended it with a loving tone though, would have thought if it was husband or family that shed end the call a little more caring lol thats what threw me
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown's Elimination Chamber...   Smackdown's Elimination Chamber... EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 3:38 pm

She said "you too" though, when I'm talking to the mrs and I'm with my mates thats what I say if she says love you!

Think she usually says the same to me when I'm hammered as well
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown's Elimination Chamber...   Smackdown's Elimination Chamber... EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 3:42 pm

Grecian wrote:
I can't see Orton back on the blue brand either, now he's involved with the McMahons, if Trips gets involved, it'll be Trips headed back to Raw.

I wouldn't mind Jericho swapping places with Triple H, I think Jericho as the big time heel on SD would be brilliant, it could also help turn Edge face
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown's Elimination Chamber...   Smackdown's Elimination Chamber... EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 4:14 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
She said "you too" though, when I'm talking to the mrs and I'm with my mates thats what I say if she says love you!

She says it to me too...
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown's Elimination Chamber...   Smackdown's Elimination Chamber... EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 6:20 pm

I think Edge will win the SD Chamber. I think he will stay in his pod for most of the match complaining that his pod is jammed and that he can't get out. Kozlov then headbutts the pod or something like that happens which causes the pod to smash open and Taker then drags Edge out. I can also see Matt taking Jeff's place after someone attacks Jeff backstage and I can possibly see Umaga taking out Big Show backstage and taking his place in the Chamber setting up Umaga vs Big Show at Wrestlemania.

Jeff can then claim that he never got his title rematch at No Way Out setting up Edge vs Jeff at Mania.

In the RAW one, I can see Cena retaining the belt then Orton appearing and using the title opportunity he won at the Rumble after the RAW Chamber. Orton then wins the title and a rematch between Cena and Orton takes place at Mania with the McMahons and possibly HHH helping Cena retain the belt. However, I can also see HHH being the one revealed behind the Jeff Hardy attacks so that means he would be staying on Smackdown for a while. I still think whoever Stephanie was on the phone to will appear at Mania, Stone Cold maybe?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown's Elimination Chamber...   Smackdown's Elimination Chamber... EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 6:40 pm

Grecian wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:

She says it to me too...

My slut of a mrs tells you she loves ya? surely a swap deal is on the cards
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown's Elimination Chamber...   Smackdown's Elimination Chamber... EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 9:06 am

Now they've announced there will be a draft again this year and it's only 8 days after Mania. My odds on it being Orton v Trips have dramatically shortened with it being that close to Mania.
Back to top Go down
CruiserJim
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
CruiserJim

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown's Elimination Chamber...   Smackdown's Elimination Chamber... EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 9:20 am

Oh yes the draft being set up means Orton and Trips will be on the same roster once again. The question is though does the rivalry between the two need the belt at stake.

I for do not think it does, the rivalry they will have set up by then will trancend the strap and be about other things. This leaves the Raw strap very much up for the taking, Cena will be in there and Jericho (once he stops this shit with Rourke), throw in JBL and HBK when they have finished there little tiff and all of sudden your grasping for some one else to come onto the big stage and get a crack. From that Raw will need someone wlse in the draft from SD or ECW, my money is on the new member Christian moving to Raw just after Mania bringing with him his Money in the Bank Briefcase
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown's Elimination Chamber...   Smackdown's Elimination Chamber... EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 9:54 am

My shout is that Trips and Cena swap brands.
Back to top Go down
CruiserJim
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
CruiserJim

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown's Elimination Chamber...   Smackdown's Elimination Chamber... EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 9:59 am

Decent Shout but what would the title situation then be, presuming Cena retains till then which I think he will.

One thing we can say for certain is that fued that will come between Orton and HHH is not one that will be on SD it will be on Raw for certain
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown's Elimination Chamber...   Smackdown's Elimination Chamber... EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 10:50 am

Cena retains and takes the World Heavyweight to Smackdown, for the WWE title it doesn't matter who wins, as it'd be between Orton and Trips, with them both going to Raw.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown's Elimination Chamber...   Smackdown's Elimination Chamber... Empty

Back to top Go down

Smackdown's Elimination Chamber...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next