Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Survivor Series Discussion Thread!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Survivor Series Discussion Thread! Empty
PostSubject: Survivor Series Discussion Thread!   Survivor Series Discussion Thread! EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 10:29 pm

For those who have watched it then this is the place we can chat about it and the matches that took place

What does everyone think of the title matches?????

What about the Khali pop???????

Orton pinning Batista but Big Dave looking strong in the match

What now for The Undertaker???? What now for The Big Show?????
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
KentWrestlingLegend
Intercontinental Champion
Intercontinental Champion

Location : Kent Number of posts : 774 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton, LAX

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Series Discussion Thread!   Survivor Series Discussion Thread! EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 10:32 pm

two words

cena champ
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Series Discussion Thread!   Survivor Series Discussion Thread! EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 10:55 pm

From what I've seen so far, the HBK and Divas Elimination matches and half of the Casket match, it's been so far, so good. The HBK match was surprisingly entertaining and it seemed as if it was given a lot of time.

The Divas match was good by Divas standards, Maryse was involved in most of the match and they teased the beginning of a Michelle McCool heel turn with her arguing with Maria and this is after their Divas title match last week. To be honest, I couldn't give a damn about the Divas though.

The Casket match has been OK from what I've seen, it's mainly just full of punches again but you can't really expect Taker and Big Show to do anything else can you?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Series Discussion Thread!   Survivor Series Discussion Thread! EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 11:01 pm

I think the Casket match was alright, anyone expecting a classic from this one will always be let down, take it for what it is and it will be alright, although don't want to say to much about it just now incase you don't know the outcome.

As for the HBK v JBL teams, I thought this was a pretty good opener, was disappointed with the outcome, was hoping Morrison and Miz would come out on top, it would have been a pretty big show of faith in them if they got to be the sole Survivors, Michaels could still have looked strong by taking out at least two of the opposition, Khali's pop was weird, very loud but WHY

The Punjabi playboy is certainly coming of age taking th piss out o the only way I can see him staying over is if he becomes an Andre the Giant type 'hero' to mid to bottom carders who are being outnumbered or out muscled
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Series Discussion Thread!   Survivor Series Discussion Thread! EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 11:11 pm

I've just finished watching the Casket match and I have to say, what a poor ending! An Irish Whip into a Casket and that's it! I was expecting either Big Show or Taker to perform a Chokeslam or another big move before putting the other man in the casket, not a bloody Irish Whip!

Kahli did nothing except for fighting Kane for a few seconds and chop MVP! taking th piss out o
I was impressed with Morrison again, and I liked how they nearly made him pull off the elbow drop from the top rope, another of Michaels' signature moves. taking th piss out o

The Divas match while good, looked really sloppy and McCool botched nearly all of her moves.

Will watch the Team Orton vs Team Batista match tommorow

Here's a quick RAW spoiler by the way.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
Doomhammer

Number of posts : 329

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Series Discussion Thread!   Survivor Series Discussion Thread! EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 11:13 pm

Casket Match was decent, nothing special. I did laugh when they brought out a new casket

HBK v JBL was a fine match, was hoping that Morrison would have lasted a little longer.
(Khali got a nice pop)

Divas was a diva match

Orton vs Tista was good. Did anything happen as Orton and Rhodes were walking up the ramp? (missed that)

I thought the HHH vs Koslov match was crap up until the end, the end was great.

Cena Jericho was good
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Series Discussion Thread!   Survivor Series Discussion Thread! EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 11:15 pm

Did anyone notice right after the wall of flames stopped in the Casket match, a random man ran onto the entrance ramp, I think it was a crew member although it might have been one of the druids coming out too early! taking th piss out o
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
Doomhammer

Number of posts : 329

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Series Discussion Thread!   Survivor Series Discussion Thread! EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 11:56 pm

it was a crew member stomping out the fire that didn't go out
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Series Discussion Thread!   Survivor Series Discussion Thread! EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 1:02 pm

I watched it last night, and thought it was an up-and-down card.

Kozlov was hideous in Cardiff, and I thought he looked shite last night. usually Trips can pull off a decent match, but last night it wasn't good at all. not sure if Trips was having a strop at losing his title, but it really was a crap match. the fans chanting 'TNA' and 'Boring' can't have helped either. Because of the Edge interference, I don't think anyone will remember how much the match before it sucked.

Cena, Jericho, I thought was one of Cena's better efforts. The ending was good, a clean pin, Jericho was the one heel WWE could put Cena against at the moment to get Cena cheered (and if he'd been booed in Boston, fuck knows where that would have left him), and prepares everything for Cena vs Batista at Mania next year.

Divas match, whether it was good depended entirely on who was in the ring. The only good thing about this was that it proved without doubt, that should the opportunity arise, Maryse would be able to wrap her legs around my head quite comfortably.

Orton / Batitsta elimination thingy, a good match. bit surprised Regal got sorted out within 10 seconds, and good to see Orton get a clean pin over Dave. My pick for match of the night.

HBK / JBL elimination, good match, but I only saw from hal;fway through. I would have liked to have seen Morrison get a clean pin on Rey at the end, but the fact he outlasted JBL has made me vaguely hopeful for Morrison getting some kind of push.

Taker / Big Show, was not good. At all. A shite ending, a shite match. Taker works better with guys who aren't as tall as him (see: Khali, Sid, Kane, Giant Gonzalez...), so I'm hoping this is the end of his feud with Big Show. ideally, I'd actually like to see Taker move on to face Jeff in jeff's new psycho persona. Big Show, I have no idea where he goes. The face he could feud with is Trips, and that doesn't fill me with joy, I can tell you.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Series Discussion Thread!   Survivor Series Discussion Thread! EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 1:08 pm

Quote :
Kozlov was hideous in Cardiff, and I thought he looked shite last night. usually Trips can pull off a decent match, but last night it wasn't good at all. not sure if Trips was having a strop at losing his title, but it really was a crap match. the fans chanting 'TNA' and 'Boring' can't have helped either. Because of the Edge interference, I don't think anyone will remember how much the match before it sucked.

I didn't think the match sucked, I thought Triple H however allowed Kozlov to dictate the pace of the match, I thought it was an old fashioned type match with bigger guys in it, like an 80s type match, although in the 80s they where obviously allowed to do more moves and it did appear to be stiffer, however I have also read comments suggesting that the match was actually scripted to be poor to get the Edge return over and get people wanting to see Hardy.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Series Discussion Thread!   Survivor Series Discussion Thread! EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 1:16 pm

I did wonder whether it was booked to be poor, but if Kozlov is being earmarked as the next big monster heel, booking him in this fashion would harm him.

Surely it ould have made more sense to follow the 'Jeff in hospital' angle, book an entertaining match between Trips and Kozlov, then Edge interferes. That way, the fans would look forward to a Trips / Kozlov rematch, with or without the belt on the line, and Edge gets more heat for ruining a decent match?

My prediction for Armageddon: a fatal four way for the belt, Edge vs Trips vs Kozlov vs Jeff.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Series Discussion Thread!   Survivor Series Discussion Thread! EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 1:27 pm

I think Kozlov's mat wrestling is actually not to bad!

Do you know the back story with Kozlov????

Apparently Jerry Jarrett told Vince McMahon all about him, he came to the US with a dream of wrestling, his family are well off and where willing to invest in TNA if and when Dixie Carter sells up, TNA didn't want to invest in the time or money on training Kozlov though even though Jarrett himself promised he would train him, so when that avenue went pair shaped he got in touch with Vince.

Kozlov is still very green but I think his mat wrestling is a throw back to the 80s type heel and I actually do like the look of him, I do think he has got big potential, whether he finds it or gets to show it in the WWE is another thing though
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Series Discussion Thread!   Survivor Series Discussion Thread! EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 1:47 pm

When Kozlov debuted, I kinda liked him. I preferred his entrance coming out with the single spotlight and no music, it was different, showed he's a very basic kind of wrestler. I hate his 'headbutt' finisher, it's awful. A guy that size should have some kind of F-5 type throw as a finisher, not simply leaning into the bloke and nutting him in the ribs.

Live, Kozlov was rotten. He is incredibly green, and the fact he made his PPV debut going for the World title shows WWE have big hopes for him. He still hasn't been pinned on TV, he just doesn't do anything that marks him out. I see him as this years Great Khali (even I'll admit Kozlov is better than Khali), I reckon he'll get a short run with the gold in the next 12 months, then be bumped down to upper mid-card, the occasional title shot, but essentially a guy everyone beats on their way to the top.

I may be being harsh on the guy, but I don't see him as anything special.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Series Discussion Thread!   Survivor Series Discussion Thread! EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 1:57 pm

I agree with you that he needs a better finisher, a finisher can do a helluva lot in getting someone over, and Kozlov would do well with a better finisher, I agree about the entrance although music might have been good if they kept it basic, although having no music with the spot light was better for his character.

I would like to see him use something that not many if any use anymore, a Razors Edge, I think that would be great for a guy like him
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Series Discussion Thread!   Survivor Series Discussion Thread! EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 2:08 pm

Good call, the Razor's Edge is a great finisher, and can look devastating. A guy the size of Kozlov should be able to pull it off too.

Kozlov could be good - but he's yet another example of WWE rushing someone to the main event waaaaay before they're ready (see: Bobby Lashley, Mr. Kennedy, Cena...). Although he could be getting the biggest push of all - I certainly can't remember anyone else ever getting a world title shot on their WWE PPV debut - and certainly not one of the 'Big 4' PPV's...
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Series Discussion Thread!   Survivor Series Discussion Thread! EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 6:58 pm

Just watched the rest of SS and I have to say it wasn't as good as I hoped for.

First of all, the Team Orton vs Team Batista match. This match was just awful! What's going on when you have your IC Champion being eliminated within 15 seconds? And why was Orton allowed to get most of the pins for his team, same goes for Batista who completely dominated in the closing stages making the rest of his team look weak. I know they are the captains and are part of the main rivarly but they could have let other superstars such as Shelton (who looked good last night) and Kofi (also looked good) get a pin or two. Rhodes also looked great last night until the end of the match. Pleased with the result though.

Next up is the Kozlov vs HHH match. For once, I agree with the marks when they say "BORING"! I mean, I don't mind a little mat wrestling from time to time *cough Hardy cough*, but this was a joke. Half of the match was about Kozlov practically hugging HHH and although Kozlov looked dominant, my god, was he boring doing it. When Vickie came out, I knew it was Edge time. Now, even though I knew he was returning, I was still excited when he appeared and he got a big pop from the crowd. Wasn't expecting Hardy to show up and for a brief moment, I thought he would cost Edge the title but it wasn't to be. Edge, new champion and even though it appears he is back with Vickie, this makes things a lot more interesting on SD.

Finally, the long awaited match when Jericho was meant to "save us" from Cena. This match should have happened exactly a year ago but due to injuries, it never happened. I was disappointed with this match to say the least. Now, this was nearly as boring as the Kozlov match, you would have thought the booker would have learnt that the fans don't like Cena's "superhuman" strength appearing at the end of every match, but no, it happened again. I really thought Jericho would retain the title by DQ at least, but was disappointed when Cena won the title.

Overall, the PPV was only half decent and there have been much better PPV's this year, Wrestlemania and Cyber Sunday for instance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Series Discussion Thread!   Survivor Series Discussion Thread! Empty

Back to top Go down

Survivor Series Discussion Thread!
Page 1 of 1