Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler

Go down 
+4
thegunman84
Sexton Hardcastle
C4lum
the-gaffer
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler   Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 7:20 pm

It does look that way, going with what I have read though albeit from Spoiler sites it looks like its TNA basically giving Cage his farewell, we will need to wait and see though, I doubt Spoiler sites would go along with Kayfabe though if this is all BS, there is a reason they are called spoiler sites and thats to let people know whats happening
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler   Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 7:34 pm

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/228438092.php

I don't know why he would resign with the WWE though and go on the road when he can work 5 days a month and stay at home with his mrs

http://www.pwpix.net/superstars/c/christian/gallery/wife/index.php?gal=1&pic=3
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler   Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 7:37 pm

But the guys on spoiler sites can only go on the information being given to them, and TNA have messed with the guys on spoiler sites before. so I think it definitely can't be thought of as a sure thing yet.

If they want to get maximum impact upon his return, and are worried about a lot of fans at the arenas not remembering him, then they could easily solve it by having him debut at a show in Canada, as not only is it his home country, but they have a lot of diehard wrestling fans up there.

I hope I'm wrong, but all I can really see happening with Christian is that he gets a big push for a few months, before getting jobbed back down to the midcard for the rest of his tenure. I reckon even Christian may be expecting that, and if he does go back to WWE it will only be because of the money.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler   Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 7:47 pm

I think like Jericho he will need to find his feet again guns, I have no doubt his return if it does happen will have a couple of world titles reigns to it, particularly since there is 3 world titles on the shows
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler   Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 7:52 pm

2 World Titles really, the ECW Title isn't even worthy of being classed at the same level as a TV Title. But yeah, I think he'll probably get a title reign with one of the proper World titles, but I really don't know if they'll give him more than the one reign, unless they are only briefly broken up like with jericho.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler   Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 7:59 pm

I smells me a Russo work.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler   Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 8:02 pm

Laughing

God we haven't had one of those in a while
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler   Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 8:04 pm

Not so sure Guns, I think you may be pleasently surprised with Christian if he comes back to the WWE, watching his promos with Booker T confimed for me that he is one of the best talkers in the business, possibly even better than Jericho, he is well better than Edge

I know you don't rate the ECW title, I don't either, but maybe Cage in ECW with another few 'big names' could reinvigorate that show, even if he only spends a couple of months there and of course joins Edge on SMACKDOWN in the mean time, then moves on to the bigger two belts, I think he will most definitely be a world champion on both brands
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Country : Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 England-1

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler   Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 8:49 pm

If Cage does come back to WWE, I would rather they hold off the inevitable Edge/Cage reunion or feud. I think maybe them nearly crossing paths a few times and a few short segments where they recognise the other is in the company but nothing over the top.

I think the best thing to do is either have one win the Rumble and the other chasing the title at the time and so they can face off for a world title at WM 25.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler   Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 8:51 pm

one thing i want to know, if he comes back - brother or friend of edge lol
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler   Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 8:53 pm

Friend would be better IMO. I don't know why, but brother would just seem weird.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler   Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 9:00 pm

yes i can see them doing it, but i can also see them ignoring the fact theyr kayfabe brothers while doing it lol.

like the past, fuck that.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler   Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 9:10 pm

Leak If they do main event a Mania it will not be WrestleMania XXV, you can put your life on it, they might eventually make it to the main event together at WrestleMania XXVI, but not the one in six months time, Edge will no doubt be there though, good chance Taker and Michaels will be in a programme, that leaves Batista, Cena, Jericho, Orton and Triple H for the other main event if not that is still EIGHT guys who will feel they deserve to be main eventing, there is one thing I don't want with Cage if he returns and thats to be over booked

As for holding off a Christian Edge programme, I just don't see any logic in it what so ever, hear are two guys with so much history that it would be utterly stupid to ignore the obvious straight away, there is no need to have Christian v Edge 85 times a year, but there would be a need to have them work together, promo together and most certainly acknowledge each others existance, Cage would just be back in the business, Edge has been gone because La Familia and The Undertaker wanted him gone, he has no one, who does he turn to? the only guy he knew he could trust and have his back, thats who

This is not like a HBK HHH programme where you know they would well together get good matches and have good chemistry but you know you can hold it off, with the way the story has worked out its basically pointless having Cage back without Edge and vice versa
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler   Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 9:47 pm

For the record this is how I would love to see him being booked over the course of the next 18 months (if he returns of course, if he signs up again with TNA then this has all be pointless:Stupid: taking th piss out o )

As the 2009 Royal Rumble is nearing a close and with only Edge and John Cena left battling it out Cena goes to throw Edge over the top, Edge hangs on to the top rope with Cena assuming he has been eliminated and starts celebrating, in doing so he climbs the ropes but Edge has not been eliminated yet, he is sting hanging on, ala Shawn Michaels in the 95 Rumble, from out of nowhere Christian Cage jumps out of the crowd and into the ring where while Cena is on the ropes with his back to him, he knocks Cena over the top rope and onto the floor eliminating him before helping Edge back to the ring WITHOUT both feet touching the outside of the ring floor. Christian helps Edge get to WrestleMania and he joins him on RAW and to which he subsequently helps him win the WHC title from whoever is the champion at that particular time.

After returning and helping Edge Cage decides he wants to help himself so when the ECW champion announces an open challenge for the next few weeks on ECW the champ whoever he maybe has a host of challengers and after beating the best ECW has to offer he announces that tonight would be his last night of giving away 'freebie' title shots, Cage's music hits!

(All this would happen in the aftermath of the Rumble but PRE WrestleMania so Cage with a title of his own would enhance the idea of the 'SuperPower' group both he and Edge would do so well to sell, like a modern day DX)

Cage wins the match and wins the ECW title and for the next three months is the main guy on ECW and brings a little 'extreme' back to the show with TLC matches, Extreme Rules, Cage matches, and gives the ECW some much needed credibility, however after three months of dominating ECW, the SMACKDOWN! GM comes to him cap in hand and wants to offer him a contract, something that will make him one of the 'highest paid' guys in the WWE and with it more title opportunities, he does so but has to relinquish the ECW championship, which would be good for the show because it then allows the ECW to get some guys over from SD! and RAW to challenge in an ECW tournament to get the new World Champion.

After around two months on the blue brand at around SummerSlam Christian Cage is booked to challenge the World Heavyweight Champion (which IMO would be back on SD at this point) and he beats him to become a two time World Champion in the WWE all within the first 7 months of his return, and for the next few months he plays his heel role brilliantly and is still in cahoots with his old pal Edge and you continually see them appear on RAW and SMACKDOWN! together to help one another and due to certain clauses in the contract SMACKDOWN! so badly wanted Cage to sign to entice him from ECW it basically allows them to appear on both brands although they cannot directly compete.

Christian Cage is the Heavyweight champion and by this time Chris Jericho is on SMACKDOWN! after a top class feud with Cage winning on a few occasions at a couple of PPV's Chris Jericho finally gets the better of Cage in a two out of three falls match at Armageddon, by this time John Cena has won back the WWE title from Edge, he would have done so at around No Mercy time, and for the first time in 11 months neither Edge or Christian do not have World titles around there waist, something both will be desperate to change.

At the Royal Rumble 2010, John Cena is booked to face Edge, who has not been granted a title shot for months due to the expected interference from Christian Cage, however after winning a 'beat the clock' tournament Adamle has no choice but to grant Edge his wish although if Cage gets involved at all Edge will be DQ'ed, after a fantastic match Edge just pips Cena and becomes the new WWE champion, afterwards in the Rumble match Christian Cage has been entered as No1 for punishment for trying to cheat the system and get the No30 spot, after an hour and a bit of a beating its a role reversal, while Cage was told not to interfere with the Edge title match, something was badly forgotten, Edge was not given the same instruction and with just Cage and CM Punk(who would be on a massive role) left in the ring and with Punk looking like the victor Edge come rushing down to the ring, however instead of cheap shot-ting Punk, Punk got out the way and knocked Edge out the ring, however in doing so he forgot about the guy who is important in all of this, CAGE!

Christian got behind Punk and threw him out and he and Edge left the show celebrating, new WWE champion and Royal Rumble winner!!!!

Over the next few weeks Edge and Christian are smug as hell, they know they are at the top of there game, they love it however when it comes down to it Cage reveals that he came back to the WWE to win all the world titles, and having won the ECW championship then the WHC, the only one that is left for him is the WWE title, Edge protests, however Cage claims that he has earned it, Edge says if it weren't for him he wouldn't have won the Rumble, Cage reminds him of last year before Edge takes him out, it sets up the WrestleMania XXVI main event.

Edge v Christian for the WWE title in a TLC match!
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Country : Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

PostSubject: Re: Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler   Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 12:20 pm

this is the latest TNA spoiler on it from next weeks Impact tapings:

A casket is rolled to the ring. The Main Event Mafia come to the ring and Angle says they’re going to give Christian Cage his proper burial. Angle says they had no choice but to beat Cage back to WWE and asks if anyone has any last words about him. Rhino comes out and says if they have a problem with Cage’s decision, they should have confronted him backstage. He says all he sees in the ring is a bunch of bitches, especially Booker. Booker says Rhino has the balls of a chihuahua. Rhino hits the ring but they beat him down, bloody him and put him in the casket.

From reading through the entire programme Christian is kept off the screen and is not mentioned any further after this promo. It looks like Rhino has been shunted up in the meantime to cover Christian's position in the next PPV as he's suddenly got a match with Angle.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler   Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 12:36 pm

The more I read about this, the more I think it's a work. I can really see Christian coming back in, claiming he had considered going to WWE, but after what the MEM did to him, there is no way he is leaving, and is out for revenge.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler   Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 1:43 pm

All they need is a 50ft sign in bright pink neon lights saying work placed in the Impact zone. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler   Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 1:47 pm

there trying to catch smarks out and make them feel stupid

thats my bet. unless they think it will help them gain if they write a shit story to his leaving
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

PostSubject: Re: Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler   Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 1:57 pm

What would be stupider? advertising one of your most popular wrestlers going back to the WWE? or this being such an obvious work??
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler   Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 6:30 pm

Gaffer, I like your storyline idea however personally, I would not like to see Christian helping Edge win the Rumble and vice versa two years in a row. I just don't think it would be good if interference helped decide the Rumble two years in a row.

Also, do you really think they would have a TLC match in the main event at Mania? I don't think so, I think Mania main events should be pure wrestling matches with a clean finish and you have to think about the MITB at the same time, will the fans gets bored seeing two matches which involve ladders in one card? I can see them saving the TLC for Backlash, Judgement Day or One Night Stand.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler   Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 6:50 pm

Rocky, do you really think that about the Rumble or are you just saying that because I said what I di dabout your Rumble winners suggestion a couple of days ago?????? if YOU really feel like that then why did you write what you did a couple of days ago.

As for do I think there could be a TLC main event at Mania????? Yes I do, why? because that is the one match that has defined Christian and/or Edge and WrestleMania has ALWAYS been about bringing in the best story/angle/matches, and that would be one, would it take anything away from the MITB??????? Who knows, that would be up to the MITB guys and how they perform, knowing Christian and Edge are in a main event would surely spur them on to show they can live in that kind of enviroment!

Pure wrestling matches in the Mania main event???? we have had 3 ways, fatal 4 ways, Vince getting involved and heel turns in the last 6 or 7 Mania main events, are they PURE wrestling???????? does Edge and The Undertaker give you PURE wrestling??????? If you want pure wrestling you are watching the wrong show, ROH is the place you see pure wrestling
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler   Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 6:52 pm

bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:
What would be stupider? advertising one of your most popular wrestlers going back to the WWE? or this being such an obvious work??

You can look at it both ways I suppose Bazz, they way you look at it, or the other way, apparently TNA have been 'classy' about this decision from Cage, and realised what he has done for them, also, in doing this, they have given him his farewell however also 'Spoiled' any chance of the WWE springing a surprise and just having him reappear
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

PostSubject: Re: Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler   Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 6:57 pm

source: prowrestling.NET

At Monday's Impact taping, Christian Cage was written out of television. Cage was attacked by the Main Event Mafia and left lying at the conclusion of the show, similar to the New World Order taking out The Giant on an episode of WCW Monday Nitro in January 1999 because he was heading off to WWE. However, there is an opening for a possible return to TNA.

The angle was written in a way for it to be a blowoff of his character in case Cage signs with WWE, but he could also come back as a vengeful babyface should he re-sign with TNA.

Cage is still listening to TNA, so he's not a lock to return to World Wrestling Entertainment quite yet. People close to the situation believe he is leaning towards returning to WWE, but he is still open to the idea of re-signing with TNA should they make him an offer he can't refuse.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler   Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 7:02 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
Rocky, do you really think that about the Rumble or are you just saying that because I said what I di dabout your Rumble winners suggestion a couple of days ago?????? if YOU really feel like that then why did you write what you did a couple of days ago.

As for do I think there could be a TLC main event at Mania????? Yes I do, why? because that is the one match that has defined Christian and/or Edge and WrestleMania has ALWAYS been about bringing in the best story/angle/matches, and that would be one, would it take anything away from the MITB??????? Who knows, that would be up to the MITB guys and how they perform, knowing Christian and Edge are in a main event would surely spur them on to show they can live in that kind of enviroment!

Pure wrestling matches in the Mania main event???? we have had 3 ways, fatal 4 ways, Vince getting involved and heel turns in the last 6 or 7 Mania main events, are they PURE wrestling???????? does Edge and The Undertaker give you PURE wrestling??????? If you want pure wrestling you are watching the wrong show, ROH is the place you see pure wrestling

Yes Gaffer, I do think that about the Rumble. From what I can remember (and feel free to prove me wrong) I only said I think Christian will help Edge (or vice versa) win the Rumble next year, not two years in a row which I don't think would be good booking. If I did say that, I apologize but I have changed my mind.

And by pure wrestling, I was talking about the fact that the TLC match could become a spotfest and I just can't see that a match like that headlining Wrestlemania. I'm not expecting a 60 minute mat wrestling classic but I am not expecting a match full of flips and jumps off of ladders/through tables.
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

PostSubject: Re: Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler   Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 7:05 pm

"And by pure wrestling, I was talking about the fact that the TLC match could become a spotfest and I just can't see that a match like that headlining Wrestlemania. I'm not expecting a 60 minute mat wrestling classic but I am not expecting a match full of flips and jumps off of ladders/through tables."

Edge/Christian TLC match

John Cena/Batista - no stip match

Id rather watch the spotfest Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler   Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible huge TNA Cage WWE Spoiler
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next