Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

My huge problem with wrestling

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CruiserJim
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
CruiserJim

Number of posts : 375

My huge problem with wrestling Empty
PostSubject: My huge problem with wrestling   My huge problem with wrestling EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 1:59 pm

I am sick and tired of 'lets bring back the Attitude Era

Next Rocky

Next Austin

Part of the reason the attitude era was so great was because of its originallity, surley we should be looking for the next big thing.

Take MVP how can people say he is the next Rock he is totally different he will be great but to compare him to a man who could do no wrong is not right.

Lets leave the Attitude era now (as great as it was) and stop going on about that.

The Attitude era was good but you only think it was so good because the majority of us were Marks then so there was the our innocence who let us beklieve it was all real. Those of us who were not Marks will only remember the great matches because the poor ones were that bad they have forgotten them.

In the future people will look back at this era now and say match ups like Y2J v HBK were brillaint but will forget things liek Noble v Burchill

I may be being ti harsh on the good ol Attitude era but was it really so great, yes it was good but we cannot compare it to now because we all have a less of an innocent outlook

Rant Over
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Country : My huge problem with wrestling UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

PostSubject: Re: My huge problem with wrestling   My huge problem with wrestling EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 2:26 pm

I think the main reason that the Attitude era was such a success was not the guys involved but the target audience that it aimed at.
The entire theme 'Attitude' was more controversial, was for an adult viewer, thats why it was so successful.
The adults bought it because they thought it was for them, the kids loved it because it was 'naughty' to like rather than watching Power Rangers etc.
Wrestlers come and go but for WWE to return to the levels of 'Attitude' they need to change their target audience.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: My huge problem with wrestling   My huge problem with wrestling EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 3:11 pm

But the attitude era must have had something special because I know very few people who would rant on about the early 90's or the 80's or even the 00's. I know people who hate them eras but only the most cynical of fans would say they disliked the attitude years. Yeah, it's annoying people going on about it all the time and I despise the "next big whoever" idea anyway but you have to take your hat off to the most successful part of wrestling history.
Back to top Go down
CruiserJim
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
CruiserJim

PostSubject: Re: My huge problem with wrestling   My huge problem with wrestling EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 3:28 pm

Do you not think there is a couple of things which have changed now and therefore make the Attitude era look better

1. We all are older therefore are more informed about stuff

2. The introduction of the Internet means nothin is ever a shock anymore
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

PostSubject: Re: My huge problem with wrestling   My huge problem with wrestling EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 3:43 pm

CruiserJim wrote:
Do you not think there is a couple of things which have changed now and therefore make the Attitude era look better

1. We all are older therefore are more informed about stuff

2. The introduction of the Internet means nothin is ever a shock anymore

1. I don't know about more informed, more cynical I would say. We look more for the faults in things than the highlights. Yet we look back with rose tinted glasses at Attitude nostalgia.

2. Partly, but WWE itself is to blame for this with its use of things like 'Next week on RAW, HHH returns etc' To show that they can still do it just look at Cena's return at the rumble, for all the rumour sites no-one saw that coming.
Back to top Go down
CruiserJim
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
CruiserJim

PostSubject: Re: My huge problem with wrestling   My huge problem with wrestling EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 3:45 pm

1. This is my point we were Marks, sio the old rose glasses do go on. So we cannot compare the two eras or two people wrestling in different times

2. Yes agreed to a point on this, but the web dont help
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

PostSubject: Re: My huge problem with wrestling   My huge problem with wrestling EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 4:02 pm

No the web doesnt help but it could be used more.
Most films nowadays use teasers to generate hype on websites months prior to official launches. This is something that WWE.com need to do more of. Get Easter eggs on there!

With regards to the eras I go back to my point about target audience. Nowadays has the potential to be as big as Attitude if you look at the rosters nowadays both in WWE and TNA. There are some cracking wrestlers about with the likes of CM Punk, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Kendrick,MVP, Bourne, Kingston, Orton, Killings, etc all leading the way for the new generation. Combine that with the old brigade of HBK, Jericho, Taker, Sting, Angle, Edge, Christian, Jeff Hardy and you have some real talent.
But it needs to be aimed at the older fans like Attitude was. Kids think swearing and violence are cool, GTA sells by the bucket load, they want to see the 1 finger salutes, the rebelling against the boss the Shooting Star Presses from Bourne etc.
Back to top Go down
CruiserJim
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
CruiserJim

PostSubject: Re: My huge problem with wrestling   My huge problem with wrestling EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 4:06 pm

No mate dont get me wrong think the target audience is totally wrong as I have said on previous posts.

I think what we need is a rivalry which is more than wrestling ie Y2J and HBK this two really could take us into a new era as they seem to be going hell for leather however you still get the feeling its toned down.

I believe they could be similar to Bret and HBK as it was well documented they dispised each other off screen, this is argubly the point which brought us to the attitude era as to get the felings of hatred across PG was just not a big enough age certificate

Y2J and HBK need a similar thing I think
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

PostSubject: Re: My huge problem with wrestling   My huge problem with wrestling EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 4:09 pm

We could potentially have that going when HHH & Taker eventually go at it though.
Back to top Go down
CruiserJim
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
CruiserJim

PostSubject: Re: My huge problem with wrestling   My huge problem with wrestling EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 4:10 pm

Totally agreed mate well I think between me and you we have pretty much discussed all the points possible on this matter lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My huge problem with wrestling   My huge problem with wrestling Empty

Back to top Go down

My huge problem with wrestling
Page 1 of 1