Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

HUGE WWE Signing

Go down 
+3
Grecian
Discopants
the-gaffer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

HUGE WWE Signing Empty
PostSubject: HUGE WWE Signing   HUGE WWE Signing EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 1:59 am

Quote :
From PWinsider.com:

PWInsider.com has confirmed that World Wrestling Entertainment has offered former ROH champion "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson a contract.

Danielson, considered one of the best pure wrestlers in the world from a technical standpoint, has been the nucleus of ROH as he's been main eventing for the company since their first show in February 2002. Originally trained by Shawn Michaels and Rudy Boy Gonzales at the Shawn Michaels Wrestling Academy, Danielson has been something of a journeyman, learning and wrestling all over the world in Japan, Great Britain, Mexico and other countries, as well as training in MMA to create his own unique mesh of styles.

Danielson was under a WWE developmental deal early in his career when the system was based out of Memphis, but was later released. He's long considered William Regal one of his mentors and has been considered the best in-ring performer not signed to a national company for several years running and has given ROH a number of legitimate classics over the years with everyone from Jushin Liger to KENTA to Paul London to Austin Aries to Samoa Joe, among others.

Danielson was signed to an ROH contract when the company debuted on PPV, but earlier this year opted not to sign a contract extension. He's continued to work for the company since then as an independent contractor.

As we noted last week exclusively in the PWInsider.com Elite section, the ROH on HDNet move to Mondays brought ROH to the forefront of WWE's attention. Numerous sources within WWE confirmed last week that the company was looking into the contractual status of a number of ROH talents as there were several names that were now on the WWE radar. Danielson is the first name we've confirmed to have actually been offered a deal.

Get him signed and they will have finally replaced Chris Beniot

Last edited by Kay Fabe on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

HUGE WWE Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: HUGE WWE Signing   HUGE WWE Signing EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 2:21 am

How big is he?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

HUGE WWE Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: HUGE WWE Signing   HUGE WWE Signing EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 2:27 am

about 5'10 200lbs
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

HUGE WWE Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: HUGE WWE Signing   HUGE WWE Signing EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 3:54 am

So he's around AJ Styles kinda size then?

Canny interesting then, still a bit small which I honeslty believe is a big factor in main event WWE, if you look at all the top cheeses they're nearly all bigger.

It's obvious this fellas quality technically, he isn't a plank on the mic though is he?

Some vids would be good actually, I've only ever heard of how good he is.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

HUGE WWE Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: HUGE WWE Signing   HUGE WWE Signing EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 5:18 am

Confirmed!

Quote :

Bryan Danielson has agreed in principle to a contract with World Wrestling Entertainment.

Bryan has been an exemplary talent and a wonderful member of the Ring of Honor locker room and family since the inception of the company. We couldn’t be happier for Bryan and all of his successes, many of which Ring of Honor has been proud to witness first hand.

We congratulate Bryan on the beginning of this next journey in his brilliant career, and wish him all the best as he progresses. Many Ring of Honor fans refer to Bryan as the “best in the world” and we look forward to looking on in earnest as he shows everyone watching the wrestling world’s biggest stage just why that is.

Bryan will appear as scheduled at all of the September Ring of Honor events. Please join us in Philadelphia, Dayton, Chicago, Boston, and New York as we say thank you and farewell to a truly one-of-a-kind talent.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

HUGE WWE Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: HUGE WWE Signing   HUGE WWE Signing EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:01 am

Provided he's allowed to wrestle as he can, and not get dumped in development for ages, he could be awesome for WWE.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

HUGE WWE Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: HUGE WWE Signing   HUGE WWE Signing EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:23 pm

I'm in agreement with that, I'd hope that since he is close to William Regal and Shawn Michaels who trained him then he might have some sway in terms of keeping his name/gimmick/look

If its true that the WWE are now looking at ROH and trying to sign guys then I'd love to see Nigel McGuinness and Chris Hero as well and the Briscoes
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

HUGE WWE Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: HUGE WWE Signing   HUGE WWE Signing EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:54 pm

Didn't he turn down WWE before? I wonder what changed his mind, money probably?

I've seen 1 or 2 videos of him in action and he is very good. Don't think much of his finisher mind but that's just me. Not too bad on the mic either.

Where do you reckon he will start when he gets sent to the main roster. My money is on ECW, maybe teaming up with Bourne to face a Kozlov-Ezekiel team? I can also imagine what his nickname will be, Bryan "Flyin'" Danielson lol.
Back to top Go down
thedmd
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
thedmd

Location : USA Number of posts : 1151 Favourite Wrestler : Jeff Hardy, Gregory Helms,
Christian, Kenny Omega

HUGE WWE Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: HUGE WWE Signing   HUGE WWE Signing EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 1:13 pm

That would be difficult considering that Bourne isn't on ECW, I hope the best for the guy but if he is AJ Styles size he might be doomed to be another Shelton Benjamin, great talent, no belt chances
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

HUGE WWE Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: HUGE WWE Signing   HUGE WWE Signing EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 1:23 pm

or he could turn into another chris jericho lots of belts type Rolling Eyes

anyone remember the small guys on SD?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

HUGE WWE Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: HUGE WWE Signing   HUGE WWE Signing EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 2:18 pm

I think if the WWE are going ahead with signing ROH guys then it could be a sign that they are ready to build the show (SD) around CM Punk, also if this is the case it would have Jericho and Shawn Michaels scent all over it
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

HUGE WWE Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: HUGE WWE Signing   HUGE WWE Signing EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 11:26 pm

If WWE use him correctly they could have a potential money maker on their hands with him.

To tell the truth ive only seen a small hand full of his matches in ROH but from what ive seen he is awesome. Brilliant on the mike and his skills technically are second to none. I love the whole Best Wrestler in the World thing he does, and when he shouts "Ive got till Five" is quite funny.

Does anybody know if hes had a match with Punk in the past? Cos i aint seen much ROH stuff but was wondering if they have had matches in the past have they been any good?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

HUGE WWE Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: HUGE WWE Signing   HUGE WWE Signing EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 12:25 am

The first match I ever saw of him was on the Wrestling Channel against Roderick Strong at some obscure time in the morning and since then I was hooked on the guy, genuis in the ring
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

HUGE WWE Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: HUGE WWE Signing   HUGE WWE Signing EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 12:49 am

Kay Fabe wrote:
The first match I ever saw of him was on the Wrestling Channel against Roderick Strong at some obscure time in the morning and since then I was hooked on the guy, genuis in the ring

I first saw him on TWC a couple of years ago facing Nigel McGuiness and he was awesome, absolutely brilliant technician, and could brawl and was extremely believable. The chops they were giving each other were unreal and the submission they slapped on were really cool, painful looking and innovative.

I saw some programme a few months afterwards, and there was a tag match with Curry Man which was really good too, and another brilliant battle with Paul London.

Speaking of him whats Paul doing now? Does anyone know? I heard he got booked somewhere but didnt turn up thats the last i heard of him.

:[lightsaber]:
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

HUGE WWE Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: HUGE WWE Signing   HUGE WWE Signing EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:02 am

That would have been TNA, apparently he no showed but phoned whoever it was that booked him prior to hit and told them he couldn't make it, I think he is working the indies right now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HUGE WWE Signing Empty
PostSubject: Re: HUGE WWE Signing   HUGE WWE Signing Empty

Back to top Go down

HUGE WWE Signing
Page 1 of 1