Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Summerslam 2017

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

Summerslam 2017 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 4:19 pm

It was basically a long RAW including the Pre show until it picked up a bit. If anyone in the world managed it in one sitting you deserve a free network subscription. Pre show was fast forwarded apart from the Uso's.

The beachball was brilliant, I get why people were bored in hour God knows? 4 at least had probably passed for the crowd, but doing it during that match seemed suspicious, it was almost like a really well planned spot in that regard. Cesaro is all about the in ring work, so would Brooklyn really show disrespect at that moment? It was awesome anyway. Everything just aligned perfectly. If only he could grasp the rubber ring... joking aside, that could be the making of Cesaro if they play it right. Grow his cult status and play off it.

I might say the definition of over booking was Aj vs KO, but an inexperienced ref could be believed to get in the way that many times, I guess. Just a bit bored if the rivalry now though.

I don't understand the thinking behind Mahal winning a standard match via interference again. Not memorable in any way. And after Nakamura's entrance when Mahal comes out, he still looked out of place. When they say on commentaey before and after that he is good because he has kept the title it doesn't make sense. Don't say he is good, say he is a crafty son of a gun, or anything, but don't define him as actually being skilled. He has only won once without help and looking like the worse of the two, and that was Tye Dillinger wasnt it? People can't and won't buy it. Soon enough people will realise  being silent and turning away is a much better reaction for Mahal as champion. Show someone boring your back in the arena, if they don't hold your attention... I like a Vince troll, I really do, but I think it lost it's momentum a while ago. He lost to Cena and Orton going in, so it just seems a bit flat and pointless. Nakamura beating someone better for the title would be worth it in the long run, but SD is floundering.

Speaking of Orton and Cena, they both won, which was also memorable, oh wait. No it wasn't. If Cena is leaving the brand it's tradition to lose, if he isn't then it was just a bit of a pointless match.

Is it time for the push Rusev movement? He is gold, he looked set for something new with Shane and the ransom, but now he is a big, big loser and has no Lana on tv. Poor Rusev. If they can establish him, he will be great for when Big E goes solo too if they want to plan long term. They can tear it up, and entertain. Surely they are earmarked as future rivals and elevating one can elevate both.

So it was as predicted, a pretty much one match PPV and in terms of fan reaction that was obvious. They were mostly there for the main event, as well as hoping Nakamura would win.

It delivered as a main event worthy of Summerslam. I did think Joe got the Raw end of the deal, even though Reigns took the pin. I didnt learn anything new about him in the match, other than he can take a chair throw to the face. He absorbed alot, but we knew that he could before this, would have liked to see him suplex Lesnar and Reigns a bit. The match was mainly about giving Strowman the rub in a huge way, and he did well. He might have been nervous beforehand, knowing it was going to be mostly about him, I noticed Reigns say something to him before the bell, probably a good luck, or a settling word. Lesnar was dead by the end, which is a strong image to finish on. But I would honestly have liked to see them play on him leaving more with the loss, considering he goes of tv for long stints anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 5:59 pm

I watched it live with a couple of mates. Pre show included. It was long. Uso's v new day was great. Then it was dull as hell until the raw tag match.

On Rusev, I heard that he asked for his release a few days before Summerslam. How true that is I'm not sure. Could be the reason behind the quick finish.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 23, 2017 6:36 pm

Hopefully that actually turns back into the ransom storyline instead. It would be cool to see them work the internet with rumours and that match at SS, and have him cut a promo "off script". But then again, he might just be sick of being restricted to the 80's crap. He has way more tools than WWE presents on the product.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 3:37 pm

The Rusev rumour is totally made up, going by today's news. Thankfully!

I can't wait for Strowman vs Lesnar. That's going to be one hell of a fight.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 7:46 pm

Some other post SummerSlam news. Big Cass' injury, that at first looked like a feature of the match to give Enzo a chance before he just collapsed and needed help, might be a torn ACL which would be a 9 month recovery.

I think it's a blessing in disguise, even though it sucks for him. WWE looked pretty clueless with how to build him up, and his push as a giant while not really being that imposing would have blown up terribly anyway. If he can't walk he can build mass in his upper body, and WWE can rethink the whole thing and maybe take a look back at how poorly his rise actually looked to casual and die hard fans alike. If he is to be pushed, push him as a character, not as a giant.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 24, 2017 10:32 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Cass comes back to save Enzo from some kind of beatdown and returns as a face. That's assuming Enzo is still employed in 9 months...

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 5:01 pm

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
Corbin makes mistakes, that's in his character. It's better to build up his rage and emotional responses before he finally learns to be more cerebral. I thought they would use his failure to elevate Nakamura to the next level (and work the Brooklyn crowd) doing it on Smackdown seemed to just build up a temporary feud. You don't need to cash in to be a star, and I do think having failed it will serve him better in the long run though, it adds something different about him, it poses questions and problems for his character to answer, so therefore it can evolve. Winning a title isn't always the best path for a complex character, achieving the goal when you say you are the best and deserve to main event kind of ends that whole growth with him being proven right, and all without having explored much in terms of matches and rivalries, or selling any tickets on the journey. Leave Corbin something interesting to do when he is actually higher up the card, I say

https://dailyddt.com/2017/08/29/wwe-baron-corbin-heat-failed/

With recent talk of Corbin being buried for getting backstage heat, here is an article that agrees with me. It is logical for Corbin to keep making mistakes because that's been his character since day one. There is a good pay off to slow burning Corbin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Summerslam 2017
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2