Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Summerslam 2017

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

Summerslam 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 EmptySun Jul 30, 2017 5:38 pm

Summerslam 2017 Placement_poster_by_wweslashrocker54-dbhlp3c

The build starts here.

So far the confirmed matches are:

RAW

Universal Championship
Brock Lesnar (C) vs Samoa Joe vs Braun Strowman vs Roman Reigns

Women's championship
Alexa Bliss (C) vs Bayley

Smackdown

WWE Championship
Jinder Mahal (C) vs John Cena or Shinsuke Nakamura

Women's championship
Naomi (C) vs Natalya

So there is one month to get the build right for these matches and many, many more. With 5 hours per week to do so there is a lot of work to be done, and this month of television shows should be crammed with important developments. Including setting up a bunch of new and interesting rivalries for current title holders, you would hope. And furthering the feuds that still have more to give (probably just the Uso/New Day one)

Who do you want to see compete for the titles that aren't currently set (in kayfabe anyway) and taking into account potential rumours and plans is there anything you want to see, or really don't want to see at Summerslam?

Is there enough time to make you care about the Raw tag team titles? What about the The women's titles - that both have pretty weak champions who haven't even been doing much lately, reflecting randomly booked divisions where most of the time everyone is bunched together at once with no consistent stand outs in competition, and with challengers who are historically booked terribly in WWE. The intercontinental championship, that has become a ghost of it's former self since moving to Raw, bar the odd good qualifying match, with two guys that can't really do any more with what they are given over and over again. The rumour for that title match is Jason Jordan, who has only beaten Curt Hawkins so far, and Curt Hawkins has lost 100 matches in a row (credit Finn Balor https://twitter.com/FinnBalor/status/891358140914126848)

The cruiserweight title? Is a random feud between Neville and Tozawa good enough for Summerslam? No. Not since Tozawa has been micromanaged, he can get over any night, but the universe just isn't buying in. What about Daivari? Nope. He performs well, but you dint turn Neville in favour of a much weaker character. In my opinion the only option, literally the only option, is a title vs title match between Neville and Pete Dunne. You could sacrifice, in part, Neville as a character if his opponent is as good as Dunne. There are no other cruiserweight draws, and I'm specifically ignoring Enzo, as he said recently he was 209lbs haha. And an Enzo match with Neville would also make me cringe. (Sin Cara has recently changed his mask so it is less colourful and traditional, as well as Kalisto doing the same... so Rey Mysterio is coming back, right?)

So will it be up to special attraction matches to make the card really stand out away from the main events? If the Hardy's are out of the title scene could that mean we are set for  Matt vs Jeff? Or a singles match for each Hardy? Will Becky, Sasha and Charlotte actually have something to do? A UFC showdown? Will Kurt be cleared for something now his story is done with? Will AJ face Owens (in a match fit for house shows and every week on tv as well as Summerslam...) or will Owens face Shane, and if the latter will AJ issue an open challenge? WILL WE FIND OUT WHO ATTACKED THE FASHION POLICE BEFORE SUMMERSLAM? Shoot You Beotch (a masterclass in drawing out a conclusion) if it took Bayley this long to achieve her one dream in life people might have cared...

Will Summerslam be top heavy with lots of filler or will WWE go into overdrive and deliver the biggest event of the Summer?
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Summerslam 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 EmptyWed Aug 02, 2017 6:14 pm

SD spoilers included:

Nakamura beat Cena at SD, so is the no 1 contender. Going by other events, Cena will face Corbin, and Orton vs Rusev - none of which sounds anywhere near as good as the Raw main event. Can't help wondering if Rusev is going to become the new Bray Wyatt, losing all the time to the proper main eventers.

I wonder if the gimmick match will be for the US title - have something along the lines of AJ vs Sami and a few other midcarders in some kind of ladder match.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Summerslam 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 EmptyWed Aug 02, 2017 11:50 pm

They announced the Summerslam US title match after the latest rematch on SD. It's AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens with Shane McMahon as guest referee. I don't know if KO will somehow go nuts again next week and lose his chance, but I can't see how they would do that or why. If he was going to lash out at Shane it would have been this week. If he does it next week it will be needlessly convoluted.

The card is starting to feel like how I suspected it would. A huge ass main event... And the rest.

Maybe it isn't that bad, but there is a real lack of genuine build for matches, and that is a direct result of a really poor 3 months of Mahal on Smackdown filling time with Orton,  who was even in a time filling feud before when the Wyatt story faltered massively and was the wrong way round for it to have any real payoff for anyone (does it really feel like Wyatt has ever held a title, even though he did?) And on the Raw side of things the only 4 men with any real weight behind them are in the one big match, so sucks to be anyone else.

The women have no build. Sasha and Bliss have a story thread that ended, unless Bayley gets put out of commission and Sasha comes in, but after losing the qualifier that would just be pointless booking for the benefit of no one.
The only women's build on SD is Becky and Cris Cyborg from the UFC... the title just doesn't matter in the current presentation of Smackdown.

I'm not going to even mention the IC title mess and Jordan's new music Embarassed

The Raw tag titles are building to? Shield vs The Bar? Or The Hardy's, Revival, Club and the Bar?  Leaving the tag teams to do the tag team stuff,  and let Ambrose and Rollins batter each other for 6 months might be better use of them all. Hardy's vs Revival should be the title match, but that isn't really possible. If the Shield do reform though, then the Hardy's have to be 'brokren' up, right? what other reason is there to have another tag team?

I'll end on a positive though, Uso's are still killing it and their match will be one of the most anticipated. My favourite bit of all of this week's wrestling that I have seen is definitely the crowd reaction to their New Day entrance. For 7 seconds, pure joy, and then all of a sudden an arena wide realisation that they just jumped around dancing and shouting along looking stupid for the wrong people. The look of everyone's embarrassment was caught on camera and it was awesome.

Oh and obviously Fashion Peaks featuring recurring background joke Tony Chimel as 'Killer Blob' Very Happy https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/6r0mzw/smackdown_spoilers_the_fashion_peaks/
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Summerslam 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 9:15 am

Aye, the Usos are rapidly becoming my favourite tag team. And this is coming from someone who owns a New Day t-shirt and lunch-box (I'm not kidding!) and called my cats Matt and Jeff.

There is a partof me that thinks WWE is purposely making SD look shit to make Raw look better. Whereas the Raw fatal 4 way looks great, SD could put on a better one if they were using the world title correctly - any four of Cena, Orton, AJ, KO, Zayn, Corbin and Nakamura could put on an even better match than the Raw one. Mahal's title reign has been utterly awful, he still doesn't carry himself as a champ should...

In addition to what we already have, I reckon Balor vs Wyatt, two women's title matches will be added. That's a pretty busy card, if not a particularly inspiring one.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Summerslam 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 10:52 am

Yep. Busy and with no real meaning.

So far the only matches worthy of the main card are The Universal Championship. The Smackdown tag team championship and The US title.

Nakamura should be a big deal, but with two weeks and Mahal's limited repertoire, what is the draw? He really needs to Kinshasa everyone involved and win quickly to end the mess.

Miz vs JJ?
The Bar vs whoever?
Cass vs Big Show?
Cruiserweights?
Orton vs Rusev???
Both women's titles?
Cena vs CORBIN???
Wyatt vs Balor? Why are these supposed to matter? What part of the shows have told us why they matter to anyone. It's not me being picky, it's what has been presented to us on tv. The women won qualifying matches, but nothing was really made of that. The rest are just random recent encounters.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Summerslam 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 3:35 pm

Yup. There's no draw to any of it, other than 'Look, Finn's fighting Bray!'. Why does Bray want to fight him? What's Orton got against Rusev? There is a hook to Cena vs Corbin if they play it as Corbin looking to beat the big names to prepare for cashing in, but there's very little else to any of it.

The WWE roster is - on paper - the strongest it's ever been. If you look at the guys who are potentially missing the show or being dumped on the pre-show, you've got Jericho, the Hardys, Revival, Neville is end up on the pre-show again (a criminal misuse of him, he's the best heel they've had this year), even Ziggler and Zayn.

Totally agree Nakamura needs to just kill Mahal and quickly. I'd even have that as the opening match, get it done and over with and we can all move on. I've no problem with Neville vs Tozawa, but the Titus O'Neill addition to it is pointless. The cruiserweight classic worked so well because they didn't bother with any of the 'entertainment' crap, it was all focused on the wrestlers and their stories. I'd be so tempted for WWE to throw a load of money at Ibushi or Zack Sabre and ust bring them back for one night on PPV against Neville - that would give the division so much more credibility than it has.

I still think a couple of changes to the brand split would help immensely. I'd have one tag division across both shows (champs can appear on both), women on Raw only, and go from there. As it is, it seems WWE just want to shoe-horn as many guys onto the dual-brand PPVs as they can. How long before we get the Rowdy Roddy Piper Memorial Battle Royal at Summerslam to get them all onto the card?
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Summerslam 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 8:35 pm

How good would Wyatt vs Balor be if both were on the up and not stalling. It was a long anticipated match on social media and on the internet, but on tv it's just a random thing after Wyatt scraped past Rollins with a non decisive ending.

It is Such a strong roster, but more need booking as special talent. The Summerslam winners need to build up some noticeable form and move ahead of the pack. There's only so many times you can use a Cena or an Orton to try and make someone look better short term.

Neville hasn't even been on Raw much lately. He's been a top heel, but Raw still uses the cruiserweights as filler. So I'm starting to care to the level that they want me to care... Neville might be better used beating up the Raw mid card to become an IC title contender now.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Summerslam 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 10:40 am

As I made a prediction of the Smackdown title path for Summerslam and beyond (in another thread) I thought I'd do one for Raw.

This will stray into dream scenario territory, and incorporate the fact I predicted Cena would lose to Nakamura and then move to Raw (seemingly after giving Corbin the rub at SummerSlam by the look of it)

So what could Cena do for Raw And it's talent. Well if Lesnar is going to lose the title and leave in his Storyline, something that will give WWE a buzz, more so than if he won and just doesn't appear because of who he is and what his schedule is like, then there are a few possibilities, Joe could take the pin, and keep losing momentum, Reigns and Strowman could fight for the title and it would be alright...

But I'm thinking they will go all out with Joe, especially after he took the spear and pin by Roman on Raw last week. Maybe even have Heyman realise that Joe winning means he is the best bet for him to advocate for in the future. But that secondary.

So the path I'm predicting for the Raw main event scene is Joe getting the huge win at SummerSlam, will he pin Strowman? Probably best to keep him out of the decision, will he submit Lesnar? It would be huge, but WWE will probably want him to have a big strop about not being involved before "leaving", so that leaves tapping out Roman Reigns, powerful imagery, and Roman sells it like it's a real struggle, passing out or tapping out? It doesn't really matter, but the classic thing would be to do the Stone Cold vs Brett style, that to be fair Cena has overused and dampened the whole significance of, and even regular guys like Swagger got to pass out instead of tap on occasions. So honestly I'd prefer the tap out, and the commentators could sell an "avoiding brain/long term damage" line.

So Joe as the new legitimate MMA style WWE champion. And who better (apart from Kurt) to come in for Joe's first big feud as champion than John Cena. Solidifying Raw as the A show, and to give Joe the look of the real man to beat. This feud would be absolutely great for tv and PPV. Cena would be forced out of jokey Cena mocking Rusev's bulge area, and drawn into serious shit Cena. Two headbutting, smack talking and pull apart brawling masters making everyone forget that they ever needed Lesnar because these two can do that stuff just as well, even though watered down versions have been presented in the past.

Like I say it's a dream match/scenario, but one that could be quite likely now.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Summerslam 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 9:14 pm

That's a great shout, like the idea a lot. Plus Cena and Joe go way back, so Cena would be going all out to ake his pal look a million bucks. The question of who takes the pin is an intriguing one, 3 of the 4 have been massively protected, so I'm wondering if Strowman takes an F5 and a spear, and then Joe swoops in and takes a cheap pin, in the way that WWE love a weak heel champ. Then use Cena to build Joe up as a big deal.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Summerslam 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 EmptyTue Aug 08, 2017 7:10 pm

So, If Jordan can get over with this booking and the new music he has then he is going to be special. It's going to be a tough slog for him to do it though, and it's starting to look like Vince wants to just throw him in at the deep end and see how he deals with it. It could work out really well in the long run, but if he faces the Miz at SS having only beaten Curt Hawkins and a Canadian jobber, then it has to evolve into a story about favouritism or it's going to look stupid, isn't it?

Could it mean the IC title will become a multi man match again? Those two were kept separate this week, and there is literally no build for anything now
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Summerslam 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 EmptyWed Aug 09, 2017 8:57 pm

Something I think couldn't happen but won't happen as they keep mentioning that Cena is a free agent.

Nakamaura and mahal open the show at Summerslam. Nakamaura wins the title. Corbin cashes in and wins the title. During the show Cena and Corbin have a face to face meeting that gets out of hand. Cena tricks Corbin to put title on the line. Cena wins the belt of Corbin for number 17.

Personally if Cena does win a 17th world title, I'd want him to do it at Wrestlemania.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Summerslam 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 EmptyThu Aug 10, 2017 2:16 pm

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
So, If Jordan can get over with this booking and the new music he has then he is going to be special. It's going to be a tough slog for him to do it though, and it's starting to look like Vince wants to just throw him in at the deep end and see how he deals with it. It could work out really well in the long run, but if he faces the Miz at SS having only beaten Curt Hawkins and a Canadian jobber, then it has to evolve into a story about favouritism or it's going to look stupid, isn't it?

Could it mean the IC title will become a multi man match again? Those two were kept separate this week, and there is literally no build for anything now

Personally I can see it only going one way and that's Jordan going heel and perhaps turning on Kurt for not being there for him his entire life and that crap. One way they could do it say have him lose to the miz and him moan Kurt wasn't there for him when he had bo and axel there helping so kirt gives him a IC rematch for him to lose.

Then next week kurt comes out with him for support in that match but costs him the title when say taking out bo and axel. Then gets in the ring and bang heel turn think hell do a lot better in that role than the current one hes in. Then down the line introduce his mum to the programme maybe that's going to far haha.

But lets look at it now the fans boo him they boo'd Bayiley this week but its not the fact they are booing them they are booing the actual product that is being shoved down our throats and the stupid storylines we are forced to go through.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Summerslam 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 EmptyThu Aug 10, 2017 3:11 pm

I still think he is grade A babyface material. There are no babyface's left, and to keep kids on board you need something for them to aspire too. But the booking can still improve without turning him. If he earns a shot, after a tonne of perceived crap thrown his way people won't have a problem. But right now in kayfabe he deserves shit all. Aiden English has had bigger wins lately than JJ lol.

Bayley is the same, she got booed more because she mentioned the fact people were booing in a belittling way, and that's the easiest way to really lose an audience. But basically it boils down to her really needing to have not won the title so soon on Raw. WWE just assumed people will buy in because of NXT, but on NXT it took years of struggle and a red hot full heel Sasha denying her as their story came to a peak. In essence by the time she won, her character had gone through enough to have earned respect and admiration. But now her character is a bit of a wet sponge.

This is also why Summerslam looks a bit rubbish. There is not enough invested in characters builds to the matches, so why should people care about them. The Universal has it all, the SD Tag match is reaching its crescendo as well, AJ and Owens have build, but they had to add a special referee to add interest because of the amount of times we've seen them fight for the title already.

Apart from that there is Big Cass, who I'm just not buying. Especially now he has been knocked out twice. Enzo has seemingly become the Don King character he could succeed as promoting fights. But does anyone really care? Cass is not a giant, he is a slightly flabby lanky guy.

Bray and Finn is so much more meh than it could have been. The big entrance will have to come in to that match.

So yeah, the problem isn't necessarily that they are face, but they are just being rushed through so no one cares about them. And Jordan's music has to be a McMahon rib. It's some midi track off some free software at best. It all smacks of here is the deep end, try and succeed with a smile on your face, and if you get through this we'll make you a real star.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Summerslam 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 9:58 pm

Jason Jordan is Raw's Jinder Mahal, a nobody who's been chucked into a huge storyline, just without a world title. The main difference being that Jordan has the advantage of not being a jobber for years, is a talented wrestler and is capable of connecting with the audience. Plus he looks a bit like Kurt too.

Summerslam is still little more than a one match card for me. Main event is going to be awesome, the rest of it doesn't appeal to me at all. I hope Corbin doesn't cash in at Summerslam, I think someone of his character needs to win the match in a fair fight, rather than a cheap chickenshit heel cash-in. I'd like him to hold onto the briefcase until Mania, and then announce he's joining the main event at Mania as soon as it's formally announced.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Summerslam 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 11:41 pm

Aye, Corbin is 100% built as a guy who can actually beat people, even though he's a heel. He hasn't lost his big matches against those he should lose to by trying to cheat or take shortcuts, but because he gets frustrated that he hasnt been able to put his opponents away when he thought he should have. Which is pretty good considering he is a rookie and his opponents on the whole have been big stars or established wrestlers. Apart from the fact he has lost a lot, it's good booking, and when he does get big wins it will feel like he has learned from his mistakes and made that step up.

I need to say again turning Jordan would be silly, even though it could fit the storyline, he just is a face. Look at him, why waste a heel spot on someone that might struggle to get heat anyway. Ambrose or Rollins can turn any time WWE needs a heel. But they don't need more heels right now,

It's not quite a one match card for me, but that's because the Uso's are red hot right now. I hope they get a good slot, and don't get bumped to less time for Cass or a random match with no build.

SummerSlam is 6 hours with pre show. So I really don't know how they are going to make that not feel like a living hell for those in attendance lol.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Summerslam 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 11:23 am

As Jinder lost to Orton can we assume they don't even want him to look remotely capable of beating Nakamura at SummerSlam? Setting up a clusterfuck of interference for Nakamura to knee in the head? I really can't see any story other than a decisive Nakamura win in under a few minutes after knocking everyone out. Relying on the fans being happy with the winner to make it seem a worthwhile match for the biggest event of the summer.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Summerslam 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 9:19 am

I think they have given up with the whole Jinder world champ stuff now he failed to gain more subscribers for them in India and gain popularity which is why they brought Khali back for the PPV to try and get them to do it.

Also SD house, TV and PPV shows have not been selling out and been pretty empty ever since they put the title on Jinder now I read online Vince has had enough and wants the title off him asap I do think Nakamura will end it and Corbin will lose to Cena to cash in and win to become the new champion.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Summerslam 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 11:26 am

Nakamura is/will be the biggest draw alongside AJ for SD. Corbin, though doing well is not ready. They will sell out shows if they stick the core Indy legends and NXT stars at the top of the card. It's been proven, they are draws to all kinds of fans. With maybe Roode or Drew coming up, I'd expect to SD, they would be sorted. Enough so to lose AJ to Raw after WM. Nakamura will make every hard to book talent relevant, because his style can focus on what goes on in the ring, and he will legitimise the title again. You could even imagine Lesnar asking to face Nakamura in lieu of his Raw rematch...

Also If they call up Drew instead of Roode he can have a quick rivalry with Jinder, before he becomes totally irrelevant too. Drew just looks ready made for mainstream greatness (Roode does too, no one does what he does as well right now) although Drew probably wants to stay with NXT first. Honestly, I'm going on a tangent, instead of doing a "dream matches" thread, but I want to see Drew vs HHH while HHH still looks a bit like a wrestler too, before he has to change his attire to the street brawler McMahon gear. That would be an awesome torch passing match. So that would mean going to Raw. Roode and Charlotte could be an epic power couple on tv too, if WWE ever does another mixed stable. Those simple things would be a great way to introduce them to the audience in 2017 so are involved in something relevant.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Summerslam 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 10:53 am

But i can see Vince sticking the middle finger to the fans who all want Nakamura as champ or AJ just to get some more heat on Corbin plus his feud with Nakamura wasn't really over which is another reason im thinking it.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Summerslam 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 11:55 am

Vince loves AJ, he's slow burning him for Wrestlemania. Vince also knows after the Jinder crap it has to be something good. Corbin will be much better stalking a fan favourite to build himself up too. If he won now it would just be another rushed thing to get one reaction, not a consistent one. WWE has a real chance to build divisions full of stars topped by the very best. Strong champions that legitimise his product, entertain people and make money globally. Moving away from a xenophobic shit show to a global product where those who get over have that something special, and aren't just forced on fans.

Regardless of level of smarkiness, the viewers and potential viewers are not dumb mother fuckers from trailer parks any more. There is less need for traditional faces and heels overall, people want fleshed out characters, and lots of grey area morality reflected in actions. Look how well Raw is looking with those four in the main event. Not one babyface, just four guys that want to be the best, and/or destroy each other to prove they are the elite fighters. Develop more complex characters for the mid card and you are sorted.

Nakamura is a perfect champion to build up a title and a brand. That is all that matters. And I do the intention with Jinder was to make Nakamura the saviour to a shit fest, I said it as soon as he won they will either do a Cena 17th so people don't mind, or use him to get Nakamura a reaction that reflects people's relief. Obviously it also could have gone better, but someone like Jinder was perfect on paper.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Summerslam 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 9:22 pm

Would Drew be any good as a main eventer on SD or Raw, though? Most of the casual WWE audience will remember him as Jinder's mate in 3MB, wont have a clue about his work on the indies and he;s not exactly tearing up NXT. He's potentially brilliant, but I'm mildly worried he'll be tarred with the same brush as Jinder - career jobber suddenly elevated before he's been properly built.

Nakamura has the win the title, though, he absolutely has to. Jinder's been God-awful (although teaming him with Orton didn't help, Randy is the worst guy for helping make new stars in forever - I seriously can't think of a single guy who he's helped to make more important), but maybe him losing the title to Naka, then dropping to the US title division vs AJ or Y2J for the next few months, a decent run in the Rumble and a featured match. I kinda like him, I just find it hard to take him seriously as a world champ. Raw has Reigns, Brock, Joe, Strowman - all legit world champs, SD has the ribber from 3MB. I think it's a huge part of why the SD ratings have dropped.

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Summerslam 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 3:18 pm

I think he would, Grec. He has had a presence about him since he was fired. I doubt people will even recognise him as that 3mb guy, in a way. And as he wasn't over used after his first run, he will still be fresh. And there is an axe to grind with the Mcmahon's that would work in a storyline. It just seems like perfect timing and he is what, 31? It's crazy. As soon as the Mcmahon's return to tv, I'd book him to interrupt and go from there. He has the look, can put on some great matches and speak passionately about wrestling, and they are all a good way to get over legitimately with fans. Cutting the promo of his life face to face with Vince, with Vince in an almost apologetic role, with HHH and Steph putting an end to it by pulling the show off air would be a really cool moment. Raw doesn't really need it right now I suppose though.

But tge key is to let him get over by showing his emotion and passion for competition, and to really tell the whole story properly, instead of assuming everyone will know he had to go away and fly around the globe weekly working and working just to prove that he can be someone. People will connect with him if it's told right. If Jinder got respect for what he did, and he did get a lot of support, even though the world title is too much for him on his path, then I think Drew could do one better and make it stick. Its all in the story of the reality though. If they dont tell it right, it wont work.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Summerslam 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 8:13 am

Big SD Spoiler

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Summerslam 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 11:12 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Summerslam 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 11:37 am

Watched it last night...

A show of two halves. The first half was dull as hell, then picked up brilliantly in the second half. The tag title match was really good, and Cesaro killing the beach ball is my heel moment of the year so far. Nakamura vs Mahal was as disappointing as I thought it would be, Mahal even managed to arse up his finisher. The sooner WWE just admit they were wrong and take the title away, the better.

I do think Mahal is 10 years too late. He'd have been a great main eventer in 2005-2007, alongside Batista, in the era when Chris Masters was getting a hefty push. The problem is with the roster WWE has, with guys like AJ, KO, Zayn, Cesaro - all guys who are genuinely awesome in the ring - he stands out as utterly undeserving of his place in the company.

Main event was everything I wanted it to be, and more. What a match! Match of the year so far, Strowman was booked like a beast, Lesnar looked a beast, Joe looked a killer and Reigns didn't look out of place either, except his lack of a moveset became apparent. if you don't watch anything else of Summerslam, watch this. 4 huge dudes kicking the holy hell out of each other. Amazing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Summerslam 2017 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summerslam 2017   Summerslam 2017 Empty

Back to top Go down

Summerslam 2017
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next