Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

United States Title Scene (Ongoing)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

United States Title Scene (Ongoing) Empty
PostSubject: United States Title Scene (Ongoing)   United States Title Scene (Ongoing) EmptySat Jul 08, 2017 5:46 pm

United States Title Scene (Ongoing) Stylesmsgtitle

Pretty self explanatory. House show win. Legitimate title change. Just like NXT does.

Interesting development. Would have liked to see it, but I bet the MSG crowd went bananas. I'd assume SD LIVE will start with a promo video compiled of either footage they got, or fan footage to set up the show. And KO should be able to get some good material out of it by suggesting that he doesn't perform to his best when the cameras aren't on or that he believes the big title matches should be exclusive to PPV's for the big prize purses.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: United States Title Scene (Ongoing)   United States Title Scene (Ongoing) EmptySun Jul 09, 2017 3:57 pm

Annoyingly, I was actually thinking of going to NYC for this show! Mrs Grecia agrees I'm due a weekend without children as she's been away on hen nights, so was seriously having a look at going. Dammit!

Anyway, KO claiming that he only performs for the cameras is perfect for this, especially if he wins the title back quickly. Still can't help thinking that AJ should be the one with the WWE title and Jinder the secondary as part of his elevation up the card, though...
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: United States Title Scene (Ongoing)   United States Title Scene (Ongoing) EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 11:42 am

It would even make more sense, with the amount of Anti American stuff crammed into the July Fourth show. Let all that silly shit play out for the US title, if they insist on the outdated, played out garbage that is USA vs EVERYONE ELSE. I'd even suggest that in 2017 that type of content will turn viewers off the product, in favour of getting a few cheap pops from some of the live audience. So overall, I hope they bin it soon.

The Us title does look right on AJ though. Maybe he will have to be a dual champion at some point. (I did think KO could do that as well, if they want him to be a top star.)

That is gutting, not often a moment like that happens Shocked At least you didn't plan on heading to Dallas after, because WWE is having a hell of a week for actually being cool and not cringey. Some big big moments.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: United States Title Scene (Ongoing)   United States Title Scene (Ongoing) EmptyWed Jul 26, 2017 10:41 pm

Smackdown spoiler ahead.

A weird match at BATTLEGROUND, but that was remedied on Smackdown, as AJ Styles beat Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho to regain the US title. The ending also allowed Owens to keep looking like both a star and an annoying bitch better than Rollins ever did (imo) he truly believes he is the best and really hates when he loses, and now he has lost to tactics he'd love to have employed. I genuinely thought the last words he'd say would be screw you all, I'm leaving! Something they could definitely use one day with his character. Either going to Raw, or to NXT for short time, for the sake of the storyline.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: United States Title Scene (Ongoing)   United States Title Scene (Ongoing) EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 4:22 pm

I really don't like all this hot-shotting around of the title,though. it's not elevating it in the way that Charlotte and Sasha Banks elevated the women's title, it just makes it look a bit shit.

KO and AJ are both great, but I don't think they've had their defining match just yet. It kinda does hint that the feud will carry on to Summerslam (and risk turning into SD's version of Ambrose and Miz), but they both need new opponents, even if it's just for a couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: United States Title Scene (Ongoing)   United States Title Scene (Ongoing) EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 6:00 pm

The decision to have AJ win it at MSG was apparently a Vince spur of the moment one, then I imagine KO only won it back because Jericho was coming back in, and KO holding the belt kind of made sense for the shock factor. Overall it's been a bit messy, but if they move on with AJ going on a long run it will solidify the title.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: United States Title Scene (Ongoing)   United States Title Scene (Ongoing) EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 2:11 pm

AJ shouldn't be anywhere near the US title, though. He should be at the top of the card. Sami Zayn, Ziggler, Kanellis, Dillinger, Harper, the third member of New Day - those guys should be in and around the US title.

Read online earlier that Shane O'Mac vs KO is being considered for Summerslam. That'd be a decent match, as long as KO won.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: United States Title Scene (Ongoing)   United States Title Scene (Ongoing) EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 2:33 pm

He shouldn't be, but he respects it, and is patient enough to wait for his next major title, and bring some quality to the US championship while he has it. If he has some good matches with some of those guys, they will all be a lot stronger, and a few could even break out. He seems like he genuinely wants to make a run of it with the US title. Leave it in a better state than it has been for a while.

At the moment they kind of need KO and AJ as well, because if they weren't fighting for a title, even fewer people would watch with Jinder as the other major player on Smackdown.

I think next week's show will be a strong indicator of the blue brand's direction after this weird few months of booking. Either qualifiers that mean something for the US title, or the open challenge could return soon. The direction the World title takes might also change up the US division's next step. Having two strong champions in the future would be great for Smackdown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: United States Title Scene (Ongoing)   United States Title Scene (Ongoing) Empty

Back to top Go down

United States Title Scene (Ongoing)
Page 1 of 1