Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Things you didn't know

Go down 
+7
randy-poffo
Junior
dwindow
ashton430
feяgie22
Sexton Hardcastle
Mackem
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Things you didn't know  Empty
PostSubject: Things you didn't know    Things you didn't know  EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 4:45 pm

This thread is all about things you didn't know about wrestling or in the wrestling world when really you should of. If bit of fun but also a bit of an education.

What made me think of this topic was this. I didn't know bray Wyatt and bo Dallas were brothers. I thought I'd heard / read that Bo Dallas was the son of Tatanka.

Anyway, over to you guys.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Things you didn't know    Things you didn't know  EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 4:56 pm

I've mentioned lots about the brothers in a hinty way. It's the sons of IRS. I only found out because we once had a FCW thread about who could make it out of the guys, based on their look (I think) and there was Bo Rotunda, who I think was Bray, but now his bro is called Bo. I think both have lost weight since then, not sure though. This is all from memory so it's fuzzy.

I still don't know Kane and Takers kayfabe family tree lol. Kanes parents died in a fire. Paul bearer is their foster dad, but one is related to bearer? I don't know. Half brothers is all I listened to, and haven't looked up the exact story of why they are half brothers.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Things you didn't know    Things you didn't know  EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 4:56 pm

I didn't know wrestling was fake untill someone told us all on 606.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Things you didn't know    Things you didn't know  EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 5:05 pm

I knew bray was the son of IRS.

Another thing I found out recently that shawn michaels real name isn't shawn michaels.
Back to top Go down
ashton430
Wide eyed child watching his first Wrestlemania
ashton430

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 22 Favourite Wrestler : Taker, Mr Perfect and The Rock

PostSubject: Re: Things you didn't know    Things you didn't know  EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 5:06 pm

Fergie this is new information to me.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Things you didn't know    Things you didn't know  EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 5:14 pm

Kane and Taker are half brothers. Bearer is Kane's dad, same mother.

It took me a while to realise JBL and Bradshaw from the Acolytes were the same person. I didn't watch for about two years and came back to WWE after he'd changed.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Things you didn't know    Things you didn't know  EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 6:31 pm

I swear they used to say Kane's parents died in a fire and he was risen from the ashes. That's why he controls fire in his entrance and wore a mask.

I think I was the same with JBL, watched when it was APA and before, but didn't see his early run as JBL.

I probably thought Edge and Christian were brothers when I was young.

I never knew how much referees did during the match, just thought they were there to count and look like an official, until I heard one telling someone what move he was going to do next  stupidity 
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Things you didn't know    Things you didn't know  EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 7:19 pm

I didn't know that my ass better call somebody...  Cool 
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Things you didn't know    Things you didn't know  EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 8:36 pm

It wasn't until a few years later until Bearer was announced as Kane's father. He did kill the parents in the fire, which Undertaker took responsibility for until Bearer got Kane out of an asylum.

Starting to think I might watch too much wrestling.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Things you didn't know    Things you didn't know  EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 10:31 pm

haha nah, you are the font of knowledge. I finally know now that there wasn't just a typo in Kane's past. I've never bothered to look it up as obviously different angles happened at different times. My wrestling watching history is so patchy. I've gone years with gaps, or only half caught up on action too much, which annoys me because I've missed out on some good stuff. I've missed most of Cm Punk's recent career, also annoying. Probably why I hope he comes back, as I feel cheated.

Back on topic, I once knew, but now don't remember what DDT stands for. That's weak knowledge. Technically it's something like an overhook death drop. (clearly talking bollocks now)
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Things you didn't know    Things you didn't know  EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 10:43 pm

feяgie22 wrote:
I didn't know wrestling was fake untill someone told us all on 606.
 taking th piss out o claping  and some one would always use an eastenders anology
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Things you didn't know    Things you didn't know  EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 5:51 am

Come to think of it sexton. I don't know what DDT stands for. I only recently found out what RKO stood for.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Things you didn't know    Things you didn't know  EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 7:21 am

DDT is the name of a rat poison. Jake Roberts started using it for the name of his finisher, and it stuck.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Things you didn't know    Things you didn't know  EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 9:37 am

and there we go. I didn't actually know that. I know it's poison, but I thought it was some rework and stood for the technical name for the actual move. What a legacy, everyone used the DDT in the 90s in some way.

I think when I was young I assumed the ropes were just tight elasticy things (like big versions of the toy ring ropes), not coated metal cables, which actually hurt to run into.
Back to top Go down
randy-poffo
TNA debut
TNA debut
randy-poffo

Location : middlesbrough Number of posts : 919 Favourite Wrestler : macho man randy savage

PostSubject: Re: Things you didn't know    Things you didn't know  EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 5:29 pm

It took me years to figure out the Paul bearer name had a meaning.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Things you didn't know    Things you didn't know  EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 5:35 pm

I've just found out Glen Jacobs was born in Spain.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Things you didn't know    Things you didn't know  EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 6:48 pm

I thought DDT was Damien Death something.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Things you didn't know    Things you didn't know  EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 8:56 pm

Nope, it's definitely a poison (banned in the UK, incidentally). It's a big pesticide used in the States...

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2014/01January/Pages/DDT-pesticide-exposure-may-up-Alzheimers-risk.aspx
Back to top Go down
mrtc2003
NXT Champion
NXT Champion
mrtc2003

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Things you didn't know    Things you didn't know  EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 9:43 pm

I always used to wonder why Brock Lesnar's finisher was called the F-5. It was only the other week that I found out that was the technical term for the most powerful type of tornado. It all makes sense now.

I also didn't know that The Rock and Roman Reigns were related.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Things you didn't know    Things you didn't know  EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 10:30 pm

that does make sense. It's like a tornado flap jack/faceplant. (probably not right i'm just guessing) Wikipedia is actually full of the technical names for moves if people are interested, but then obviously they get renamed for gimmicks or just to sound good.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Things you didn't know    Things you didn't know  EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 9:57 pm

Rusev is banging Lana

Dean Ambrose is getting jiggy with Renee Young
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Things you didn't know    Things you didn't know  EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 11:31 am

Mackem wrote:
Rusev is banging Lana

That is the absolute definition of batting above your average...
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: Things you didn't know    Things you didn't know  EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 1:30 pm

Mackem wrote:
Rusev is banging Lana

Tell me you're joking Mack....

She's so hot it's unreal.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Things you didn't know    Things you didn't know  EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 1:53 pm

Apparently it's true mate. She is a pretty woman but not my cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Things you didn't know    Things you didn't know  EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 2:14 pm

the Lana character looks different from the woman playing it. If that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things you didn't know    Things you didn't know  Empty

Back to top Go down

Things you didn't know
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next