Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

TNA and things that have happened

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

TNA and things that have happened Empty
PostSubject: TNA and things that have happened   TNA and things that have happened EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 6:42 pm

I get the feeling alot of people have been put off TNA or no longer watch it. So I'm writing this for you.
I myself get put off by lot's of things TNA have tried over the years, but I've stuck with it recently and there are some more commendable things things that have happened.

#1 Hogan does seem to have mended AJ Styles' staleness. He has come back with a new character that works for him, no need to cut his shit face promo's and he seems to have a purpose. I figured as soon as he lost the chance at the title for 1 year that he'd come back and win BFG series. And this will probably happen as Magnus will be involved with non title storylines.

#2 two X division wrestlers have been World Champions in a year. Hopefully Sabin will retain and go on to face AJ Styles. Which would be saying something to those who thought roid lumps would dominate the Hogan era.

#3 the matches. More often than not something interesting happens in every show in atleast two matches. And high rating matches happen on regular shows more than in WWE.

#4 womens wrestling. Quality matches involving Gail Kim and Terrell. Moments that would not look out of place in a males match at WM.

Overall i'd recommend searching out some of the highlights of the past year if you've stayed away from TNA.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: TNA and things that have happened   TNA and things that have happened EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 6:45 pm

Sabin should never be world champion.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: TNA and things that have happened   TNA and things that have happened EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 7:44 pm

feяgie22 wrote:
Sabin should never be world champion.

This.

I try watching TNA every so often. And then have to stop because much of it just makes no sense at all. They push the wrong guys. Aces & 8's has been dragged out too long. They are trying too hard to not be WWE, but end up taking all their rejects. Hogan still has to overshadow everything that's going on. Too many authority figures. Guys clearly not giving a shit, and the guys that do, jobbing.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: TNA and things that have happened   TNA and things that have happened EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:00 pm

as far as gimmicks go and marketability, Sabin seems a mad choice. But to be fair his matches have been very good. The champion vs champion with 'suicide' (who I predicted would have his name changed with Hogan in the company, because he does have some sense) was cracking. They can never please everyone, but they are making the x division mean something as a platform to prove you can hang with the big boys. How it was long ago anyway, but that's because TNA relied on x division as the main USP.

I'm also relived that the impact zone is gone. A few years touring TNA should boost the product, as people attend as just wrestling fans and then tune in to the tv show because they want to see more.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: TNA and things that have happened   TNA and things that have happened EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:10 pm

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
as far as gimmicks go and marketability, Sabin seems a mad choice. But to be fair his matches have been very good. The champion vs champion with 'suicide' (who I predicted would have his name changed with Hogan in the company, because he does have some sense) was cracking. They can never please everyone, but they are making the x division mean something as a platform to prove you can hang with the big boys. How it was long ago anyway, but that's because TNA relied on x division as the main USP.

But you can make that same point with a lot of guys who have been world champ. Benoit had awesome matches with everyone, but had the marketability of a toad, and the charisma of a fish tank. Bombed as a world champ.

Austin Aries at least had charisma, but as far as I know, he's not been around the world title since he lost it (although that may have something to do with shoving his cock in Christy Hemme's face).

A company that has a main event scene of Sting, Styles, Hogan, the Main Event Mafia, a broken Jeff Hardy and Sabin who's just dull does nothing for me.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: TNA and things that have happened   TNA and things that have happened EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:13 pm

I agree with the knockouts. Gail Kim in my eyes is one of the best women wrestlers I've ever seen. Her match against Tarrell was great. Her match against Awesome Kong a few years ago that main events impact on week was the best women's wrestling match I'd ever seen. I understand wwe released her shortly after her romance with Daniel Bryan. Can't remember why put if she went back there are more women their now who can put on a decent match.

The aces and eights are going stale but I believe it has legs yet. Get rid of a few people and get Brooke hogan on the group. Keep the size to 4 or 5 people - including billy ray. The 10 man tag coming up where the guy pinned leaves TNA seems the right thing to do story wise.

The x division is very hit and miss in my eyes. Some matches I'm really interested in but others I just don't care. I can't make my mind up if I like the weight limit thing or if it should go back to the good old days where it was no limits.

I don't mind Sabin being world champion. It's pretty much TNAs version of money in the bank. Almost certain they will win the big one. Can't see him holding it for long. Bound for glory will be where he looses it to AJ styles.

Hogan seems to have taken a step back - just a little I might add - now the mafia are back. This is good but of Brooke joins aces and eights then he'll be around much more.

What I don't like about TNA more than anything is the MMA guys.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: TNA and things that have happened   TNA and things that have happened EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 10:24 pm

yeah, there's plenty I don't like, but thought i'd focus on some things that are good. AJ vs Sabin will be a showcase and hopefully AJ to a level where non tna loyals i.e new fans at live shows don't think of WWE-AJ when they hear the name.
Hogan's promo in Boston was the best promo of the year too, so I don't mind him being around for that stuff. He can add a real passion for the business. I think the original plan is back on track. Hogan initially failed as they stayed in orlando, but now they go to the live show for Hogan and see an alternative product is available.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: TNA and things that have happened   TNA and things that have happened EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 1:57 am

I don't mind hogan being on TV in small doses. Now the MEM are about he's on less. I do expect him to be facing Bully Ray at BFG - this is where Brooke joins aces and eights. Hogan will be distraught and will be off TV for a while as he can't bear seeing Brooke with bully.

I'd like to see Aries and AJ draw the BFG series leading to a triple threat for the title.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: TNA and things that have happened   TNA and things that have happened EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 9:57 am

I'm going to go for another of my mad thoughts, but as you mention Brooke joining A+E I thought I'd pipe in. I'd love for it to all kick off with Hogan, Brooke and Bully again, but with Bully taking legal action against Brooke and Hogan. And I'd love the reason to be that the plan all along was to seize the company from the Hogans and Dixie. I can't see the point of Bully doing the whole "I'll sue you all" bit, if it didn't come back in some form. This would eventually lead to a reveal where JJ is looking to oust Hogan from the company.

I just feel enough time has passed with Jeff in an off screen role. And I miss him in a way. For it to make real sense he'd have to come back as a face if Hogan turned heel again, to save the company etc. But he is only good as a heel, due to his natural ability to be disliked.

I also miss Eric Bischoff in an on screen role. Basically a Face GM wears thin pretty quickly and I can't see it lasting. But if you keep Hogan face then he can still draw the crowd on tour, he just needs an enemy as powerful as him.

ramble over.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: TNA and things that have happened   TNA and things that have happened EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 11:16 pm

God, do they really think they can get away with Kurt cutting the same promo to Tito as he did Rampage without anyone noticing. Whoever said he's only there because Rampage hasn't been training is bang on. So awkward to watch the same thing twice. At least Tito's lip wasn't quivering like Rampage's as he tried to act mad.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TNA and things that have happened   TNA and things that have happened Empty

Back to top Go down

TNA and things that have happened
Page 1 of 1