Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Wrestlemania 29

Go down 
+5
Saint Jimmy
Mackem
Grecian
hodge13
boschbourne06
9 posters
AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Wrestlemania 29 Empty
PostSubject: Wrestlemania 29   Wrestlemania 29 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:08 pm

Anyone else feel that this WrestleMania 29 will be completely rubbish. They only have 3 big matches which are

John Cena Vs The Rock
Lesnar Vs HHH
Punk Vs Taker

And these 3 matches are completely predictable on whos going to win.

Then theres the undercard which is utter shite if you ask me

Ryback vs. Mark Henry - Will just bore the pants off everyone with Ryback pulling of a shock by lifting henry for the shell shock.

Team Hell No vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston - This will bore me as well i have no interest in this match at all.

The Shield Vs Randy Orton,Sheamus And Big Show - This match is the only match that isnt predictable on the match card for me however i dont think vince will want his top guys losing at WM.

Fandango Vs Jericho - This match is being lined up for Jericho at WM i cant see how this will possibly draw people in just a card filler imo.

Kaitlyn Vs Heel Layla Or Divas Battle Royal - Toilet break.

The only match i actually think that could be good is Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Jack Swagger.

what is everyone's opinion on the match card so far.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
hodge13
Most decorated Champion in history
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

Wrestlemania 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 29   Wrestlemania 29 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:16 pm

Poor card for WM, the only one i'm interested in properly is the 6 man tag match and then Punk Vs Taker. Should be Jericho Vs Barrett for the IC title where Jericho wins his 10th IC title just to have him reach the milestone, I think Barrett and Jericho would have a top fued as well.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Wrestlemania 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 29   Wrestlemania 29 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:25 pm

Agree Barrett Vs Jericho would be good but think they might be going with the Bo Dallas fight. Other rumored Matches are

Antonio Cesaro Vs R-Truth

The Miz Vs Jake Carter (From Nxt Cos his name is the same as Miz's Character in Marine 3)

Brodus Clay/Tensai/Cameron/Naomi vs. Cody Rhodes/Damien Sandow/The Bella Twins. - This one i can see With Cody turning face to be with Kaitlyn and Cos they want the record of the largest Harlem Shake.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Wrestlemania 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 29   Wrestlemania 29 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 6:10 pm

I think Jake Carter in NXT is Vader's son. christ, I hope they give him a better debut than the fucking Miz!

at the moment, nothing on that card appeals, not even the Shield. Having said that, i'll most likely order it to keep my record of watching Mania live going for another year, but think it could be a struggle to stay awake for the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Wrestlemania 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 29   Wrestlemania 29 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:18 pm

I'm looking forward to it tbh. All the above offer something.

Cena v Rock II i think will be better than people think will be - and could potentially steal the show.

HHH v Lesnar will just be an all out brawl. Lesnar is a beast and HHH can look after himself.

Punk v Taker will be good.

I havent seen Raw yet but by reading this Ryback is being replaced with the Big Show - no suprise really. The Shield should / need to win. Fanytango and Jericho could be good.

The one i'm looking forward to most is Ryback and Mark Henry. I don't know why, I really dont but.
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

Wrestlemania 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 29   Wrestlemania 29 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 8:03 pm

Im pretty sure that if Punk gets in offence and its not like the squash matches the had a few years ago that that match will be the best of the night.

Couldn't care less about the other matches however. Its sad though that I'm probably still going to order it.
Back to top Go down
mrtc2003
NXT Champion
NXT Champion
mrtc2003

Number of posts : 450

Wrestlemania 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 29   Wrestlemania 29 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 9:38 pm

On paper it certainly does look like the weakest WrestleMania since WM9 or WM11. And yes the top 3 matches do look predictable. But, with WM it's not the results that matter so much as how the guys perform on the night.

Pink, Taker, HHH and Lesnar will all go all out and I think their matches will be very good even if the ending is predictable. Cena vs Rock could be very good as well if they push themselves but that's not guaranteed.

I'm most looking forward to Del Rio vs Swagger and I hope that they give it a decent spot on the card and a decent length. The rest I can take or leave. Ryback vs Henry will be short, the Shield are usually entertaining so will be worth watching and Jericho vs Fandango will be worth watching just to see if Fandango can actually do anything.

I bet Jericho's really glad he came back now.
Back to top Go down
therustman
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
therustman

Wrestlemania 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 29   Wrestlemania 29 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 10:29 pm

Its funny as until this weeks raw I have had no interest in the build up, but this was a better Raw.

Looking forward to Brock/HHH match and hoping Taker/Punk will be good.
I think some undercard matches could have good segments - Bryan v Ziggler and also the 6 man could be very good if booked well, Orton v Rollins/Ambrose bits especially.

Agree that Del Rio/Swagger has massive potential.
Zero interest in Rock/Cena none what so ever. Zip. Jackshit.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

Wrestlemania 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 29   Wrestlemania 29 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 10:47 pm

Looking forward to all the matches to be honest. Especially Undertaker v CM Punk because I think that will steal the show.

Couldn't give a fuck about the Diva's match, like you say Bosch it's a piss break.

One of the matches I always looked forward to was the MiTB ladder match, shame they got rid of that but oh well at least it's in a PPV.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

Wrestlemania 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 29   Wrestlemania 29 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 3:36 pm

I've been thinking about this, on and off, recently. And I agree, to some extent, that the big three matches are going to be quite predictable. On paper they are big selling matches, that will no doubt draw alot of attention and discussion, but anyone who thinks about it for a few seconds can tell who is likely to win the match. This isn't something new in this day and age, but to make this a really memorable Wrestlemania it would take more than a really good match with Taker, which is touch and go anyway as his matches have been getting slow at Wrestlemania. Something that is okay when it's HHH and they can just spend a lot of time pounding eachothers heads in, but Punk needs something more than that, being the smaller, more technical wrestler.

Anyway, to the point. There is no point in ending the streak (unless Punk then went on his own WM streak, but he doesnt have the character for that) so it's match quality, rather than shock factor that will be key in that match.

The HHH vs Lesnar match will have a shock factor, in the sense that they are likely to push eachother to their limits, which could end up extremely brutal, but as far as a real headline shocker it may fall short. I'd rather have had the stipulation that Heyman chose, if HHH loses, the WWE will be signed over to Heyman. Which for a moment I thought would be the case, Because if Heyman could add any stipulation, he would have that, anything else doesnt really fit his character. It just struck me as slighlty off form from the writers. Heyman is THE mega heel genius, so would obviously come up with it. (just a slight gripe at creative.)

This leaves Cena vs The Rock. The big one. The decider. And it struck me, why go through all of this hoo ha, two years of back and forth, Cena coming out on the losing end, not able to beat The Rock. Then have him overcome the odds, put on a cracking match, and become WWE Champion. "Once more THE CHAMP IS HERE" and the crowd still BOO, maybe more than ever, as once again Cena becomes the superhuman and champion and beats, possibley in the crowds mind, the best there was. It would really just ruin the whole event. If the crowd reacted to storylines and cheered Cena for overcoming the odds and doing it the hard way, it would be a fitting end. But they just won't. It makes all the sense in the world, on paper, but wrestling has changed, people have changed.

This might be the one opportunity to really shock people and have Cena cheat to beat The Rock. The two put on a top match, people are completely drawn in to the whole event, but the end of the match is nearing, people can feel it. Not long now until Cena finally beats The Rock with pure desire and a flurry of offense. This is it, The Rock is about to lose, One...Two...Thr-OMG Rock kicks out, Cena is almost in tears, the crowd go mad, they begin to think The Rock is actually going to win this one too. But no, Cena loses it, he grabs the referee screaming at and shaking the referee, he gets carried away and the ref falls through the ropes. Cena looks shocked, what has he done. He goes to check on the ref outside of the ring. The Rock has recovered and is waiting for his return to hit the Rock Bottom. Cena slides into the ring, looking apologetic, little do we know, whilst outside the ring he picked up a weapon from under the ring. The Rock goes for the Rock Bottom, Cena reverses and WHAM steel chain to the head, blood flowing. A new ref arrives as Cena hits the AA "Not this way John, not this way!" 1,2,3.

50% of the veiwers go pale as Wrestlemania ends with Cena the new champion standing above a bloody rock and with the loudest chorus of Boo's in history filling the air.

(Much longer post than expected, but this is the only way that Wrestlemania 29 can get to the heights that it should do)
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Wrestlemania 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 29   Wrestlemania 29 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 1:33 pm

With Taker at Mania, I've long said WWE either has to go with the match that steals the show, or the match where the Streak is genuinely in danger. Now Taker has beaten HBK and Trips, the only guy he can face where it might be in danger is Cena. However, that match would not compare with some of Taker's previous efforts, and if Cena wins, he turns heel on the spot.

As for Cena cheating to win... no chance. Not until they hae someone to replace him as the lead face. He's the Hulk Hogan of the current era, except Hogan turned into a cool heel. Whether heel or face, Cena is just shit.

I think Cena wins this year, to set up Cena/Rock 3 next year. If something like your scenario happens, my shout is Mania 30.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Wrestlemania 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 29   Wrestlemania 29 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 10:00 pm

Quote :
WWE has announced that an Intercontinental Title match with The Miz vs. Wade Barrett will take place at WrestleMania 29.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

Wrestlemania 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 29   Wrestlemania 29 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 10:02 pm

should have been Barrett Vs Jericho
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Wrestlemania 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 29   Wrestlemania 29 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 5:19 am

hodge13 wrote:
should have been Barrett Vs Jericho

I disagree. Jericho is touring with Fozzy after mania so it would make it pointless match imo. Give it to someone who has been there all year round instead of turning up for his wrestlemania payday.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

Wrestlemania 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 29   Wrestlemania 29 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 12:00 pm

Actually despite the tour he could easily continue a fued after Mania, he's still in USA the day after Mania for a Raw, for the WM revenge tour in UK when he's also over here he has no gig the night of Raw so could easily work that. It would mean he misses 1 week of a fued.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Wrestlemania 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 29   Wrestlemania 29 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 10:00 pm

Quote :
WWE has announced a 8-person mixed tag team match for WrestleMania 29 featuring Brodus Clay & Tensai & The Funkadactyls vs. Team Rhodes Scholars & The Bella Twins.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wrestlemania 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 29   Wrestlemania 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania 29
Page 1 of 1