Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

JBL and WrestleMania

Go down 
+4
Grecian
boschbourne06
CruiserJim
the-gaffer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

JBL and WrestleMania Empty
PostSubject: JBL and WrestleMania   JBL and WrestleMania EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 10:23 am

Well at this moment in time it doesn't look likely JBL will have much to do at WrestleMania and whatever he does do will be a rushed story job.

I've been thinking about what he could do for a while if he wasn't in the programme, remember like him in the ring or not, this is a guy who has been in RAW's title match in two of the last three 'big PPVs' at SummerSlam and The Royal Rumble, so its unlikely he won't have a big role to play in some capacity.

My Initial thoughts and slight worry is that after Shawn Michaels beats him next week and JBL cuts a promo about wanting to be the guy to end the streak Kanes music kicks in and he tells him its his lucky day, he can get the next best thing which in turn would make a Kane vs JBL match at WrestleMania, something I don't think many of us really wants to see

I was thinking that it would be good to see JBL possibly winning the Money In The Bank match, now as crazy as it sounds, I don't know if the WWE are in any major need to push any more guys to the main event at this moment in time, with about 6 main event guys on SmackDown (Edge, Jeff, Taker, Triple H, Matt Hardy, Big Show) and with Umaga and Kozlov as well as MVP and Mr Kennedy likely to be pushed on stories this year then thats a full quota, add to the the expected rise of Christian this year too then its pretty full

RAW has Cena, Michaels, Batista, Orton, Jericho and JBL, again no real need to get more in, however CM Punk could easily be placed back in their again and performance wise Rey Mysterio never lets anyone down with Kane also being an able guy for the odd multi-man main event.

I think JBL winning the MITB could be good, the winner of it has to lose sometime and it fits in with JBL's character, being the major loser that is, also the Briefcase fits in well with his Power Suit as well and he could use the case as a weapon from time to time.

The more I think about it the more I actually like the idea of JBL winning the MITB

Thoughts

Opinions
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
CruiserJim
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
CruiserJim

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: JBL and WrestleMania   JBL and WrestleMania EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 am

JBL winning the Money in the Bank is not something I want to say however, I would like to see JBL try and buy the MITB case from the winner, the winner says no way and then we see a sfued eventually the case goes on the line and away we go.

This does not solve the Mania problem just something Iw ould like JBL to do.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: JBL and WrestleMania   JBL and WrestleMania EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 10:31 am

My opinion of JBL has changed dramatically in the last year though, thats probably a factor in my thinking
Back to top Go down
CruiserJim
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
CruiserJim

PostSubject: Re: JBL and WrestleMania   JBL and WrestleMania EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 10:37 am

Yes, same here JBL has been the man who will always be there for the WWE always works hard and will help out when others falter.

I would JBL to be in one last huge fued, bring back the cabinet and go from there. With the cabinet that was when I enjoyed JBl the most.

Anyway back to a question of what JBL can do, well I am in two minds firstly its looking more and more like Taker v Michaels. Now there was a lot of talk last year that Taker would loose his Streak to Micheals this year. If this happens then fine and we wont see JBL invovled.

But......

I still think Taker will win and something is eating away at me saying this HBK v JBL situation is not finished and to be honest I cannot decide if I want it to be. If it is not I can see JBL costing HBK the match.

JBL may even throw himself in the mix in the title match somewhere down the line.

I would like to see JBL have an 'employee' enter the MITB and then go and help them win it. Similar to when Andre beat Hogan for the title and sold it Ted di Biase that for me would be a good line. Then the 'employee' could turn on JBL.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: JBL and WrestleMania   JBL and WrestleMania EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 10:43 am

JBL for me would be perfect as the calm influence in Legacy like what Ric Flair was to Evolution, although he is in far better nick than Flair was in Evolution
Back to top Go down
CruiserJim
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
CruiserJim

PostSubject: Re: JBL and WrestleMania   JBL and WrestleMania EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 10:45 am

That would be an awesome idea, I jsut think they should play on his loadsa money angle more for me.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: JBL and WrestleMania   JBL and WrestleMania EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 10:48 am

think he'll get involved in michaels vs undertaker costing michaels the match
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: JBL and WrestleMania   JBL and WrestleMania EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 10:51 am

CruiserJim wrote:
That would be an awesome idea, I jsut think they should play on his loadsa money angle more for me.

Well that would be the idea, Randy Orton being the leader, however when his temper messes up JBL has to fix it with his cash, also he could use his money and his power to buy Legacy opportunities
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: JBL and WrestleMania   JBL and WrestleMania EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 11:44 am

It's not just JBL that's going to have a rushed story at Mania, though.

At the moment, I can't see where Big Show fits in (possibly a face turn, followed by an inter-promotional match with JBL?)
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: JBL and WrestleMania   JBL and WrestleMania EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 12:21 pm

I don't really care much for the Big Show, although I would rather see him putting over MVP, I think that would give MVP a big win on a big stage to see him move on in his push, but it looks like they are going to go down the MVP and US title rout again, not sure if I want to see that.

They have enough competition to make that title really great, but they do absolutely nothing with it, and I've no idea why

Shelton, R-Truth, Mr Kenedy, MVP, THE Brian Kendrick and Umaga

That for me would be a great division, have them all compete with one another trying to get the No.1 Contender and have Shelton defend it against them all before dropping it to someone (Kendrick or Kennedy)
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: JBL and WrestleMania   JBL and WrestleMania EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 12:22 pm

Oh, I personally consider JBL much more of a character and far more important to the WWE than Big Show as well, If I'm being honest
Back to top Go down
Mat143(Mike hill)
Fandango
Fandango
Mat143(Mike hill)

Location : Malvern Number of posts : 608 Favourite Wrestler : WWE:Jack Swagger
TNA: Jay Lethal
All Time: Shawn Michaels/The Rock

PostSubject: Re: JBL and WrestleMania   JBL and WrestleMania EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 12:27 pm

Reading this article their seems to be three options which they could go with.

winning MITB-Now I think this could be a major possibility as like said They don't need to push anyone else into the Main Event ATM.I could see it working really well with his gimmick and could possibly used in a feud which I will come onto in a minute.

Inter-promotional match with Big Show-I don't think this will happen as I see a show face turn and him fighting Koslov.

I could see him interfering costing Michaels his match with Taker AFTER he had won MITB And these two could feud over this for a few months,Possibly shawn winning a blow off match but then saying he doesn't want the title he Needs the money so Say JBL Can Have the title shot if he gets the money,but i'm not sure whether that would be allowed to happen
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: JBL and WrestleMania   JBL and WrestleMania EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 2:11 pm

I would like to see JBL win MITB, although, in my opinion, he should be the first guy to lose his championship opportunity.

I would have him stand on top of the ladder with someone like Kennedy for example while everyone else is laid out on the floor. Kennedy looks like he is about to throw JBL off the ladder and win the match when JBL extends his hand and Kennedy shakes it. Kennedy climbs down the ladder allowing JBL to win the match.

Kennedy could then cut a promo on the following RAW saying how due to his injuries over the past few months and his lack of appearances and matches, he has not lost any money but his lack of opportunities. He then said that he agreed a deal with JBL to help each other win championships and that the deal began at Wrestlemania. The two then go on to win the tag team titles and JBL "buys" IC and US title shots for Kennedy. JBL cashes in his MITB contract at, let's say, Night Of Champions when Kennedy turns on JBL costing him the title. Kennedy then says that he used JBL and got almost everything he wanted from him and that JBL is no use to Kennedy anymore. A feud between the two will then ensue which ends with a Loser Leaves RAW match which JBL loses. This then gets Kennedy over as a main event heel and gives JBL the opportunity to move back to Smackdown and challenge for the world title on that brand.

Speaking of the Cabinet, I think Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins, Ezekiel and Finlay would fit right in.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: JBL and WrestleMania   JBL and WrestleMania EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 5:44 pm

I'm not so sure about putting JBL in the main event. But neither do I know what he could do at Wrestlemania.

I wouldn't mind him being in the match but would prefer if he didn't win it, I think this year the MitB winner won't win the world title which leaves it free for someone like Shelton Benjamin or MVP to win it but not win the world championship, keeping them over but not immediatly throwing them into the deep-end like with Punk.

If he was to win it, I would like to see him lose it a couple of weeks after having it to someone and then spend a couple of weeks trying to buy it back before it culminates in a second match for the briefcase which JBL loses and ends with the guy getting the world title shot but losing possibly with an interference from Bradshaw.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: JBL and WrestleMania   JBL and WrestleMania EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 6:10 pm

I never understand that though, what would entice a guy with the MITB contract to risk it, what would the holder of the case get in return?
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: JBL and WrestleMania   JBL and WrestleMania EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 6:13 pm

I don't understand it either, but it seems to happen. It's WWE's way of thinking, why would JBL risk losing to HBK?
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: JBL and WrestleMania   JBL and WrestleMania EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 6:20 pm

invincibleILeak wrote:
I don't understand it either, but it seems to happen. It's WWE's way of thinking, why would JBL risk losing to HBK?

Well JBL stated that if Michaels lost, he would have to work for JBL for free for the rest of their contract
Back to top Go down
MartyMcfry
Wide eyed child watching his first Wrestlemania
MartyMcfry

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: JBL and WrestleMania   JBL and WrestleMania EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 8:37 pm

With the kind of ability JBL has there has to be a good drawn-out sotryline for me to care about seeing him in the ring (Such as the HBK one) and with Mania quite close I don't think there is really the time to get him involved in something I could care about other than something to do with MITB.

I think a good storyline would be JBL claiming that this year its not every man for himself because jbl has purchased the services of one of the other entrants.

This could lead to various angles of mis-trust in the run up to the event where it seems that in the usual tag team matches JBL is favouring someone or that someone is favouring him.

Come the actual match (jbl brings the money in another case to ringside-which he will give to the person after he has the case)

I like the idea of JBL about to climb the ladder the final time and one of the entrants, instead of getting him off the ladder actually stands guard at the ladder while JBL climbs, making it seem that this is the person that has been bought, he signals to JBL to climb and get the case (thus making it clear to the live crowd as well) before he can however one of the big faces in the match manages to get JBL off the ladder and the two battle. the person who was paid by JBL then climbs the ladder for the win.

After the Bell JBL asks for the briefcase and in a swerve the person clocks JBL with the briefcase and leaves with it, firstly giving the money away in the case at ringside. fans dig those spots and it does hark back to Mania 5.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: JBL and WrestleMania   JBL and WrestleMania EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 9:01 pm

I do like a bit of sentiment in Pro Wrestling

I must admit, this time last year anytime JBL's name was mentioned I was always derogatory about him, however watching how good he is on the mic in a time when not as much freedom is given to promos he is a joy to watch.

I just think the MITB match fits in perfectly with his character, I would like to see him buy off one or two of the guys in the match, I am thinking John Morrison could be the guy to be bought
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: JBL and WrestleMania   JBL and WrestleMania EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 9:17 pm

i like that idea of him buying off some of his MITB opponents to help him win the MITB
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: JBL and WrestleMania   JBL and WrestleMania EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 10:22 pm

It would fit in with his character, it could also lead to a new cabnit as well, if he could say buy off Miz and Morrison and Mike Knox
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JBL and WrestleMania   JBL and WrestleMania Empty

Back to top Go down

JBL and WrestleMania
Page 1 of 1