Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Lost his Edge

Go down 
+5
Mackem
hodge13
Sexton Hardcastle
Hardcore Waffles
JacMan
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Lost his Edge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 11:01 pm

It did make him relevant though, for a while people sat up and took notice and saw the potential, a lot of people already saw potential in MVP but never thought he'd reach it, after that promo and the match later on in the night that he didn't lose then for a few weeks after that he was the hottest thing on RAW even if he wasn't pushed to be, in the end we got a Batista/Orton feud out of it.

Edge isn't anywhere near Ortons level though as far as being a bad ass heel, Orton couldn't put MVP over without looking weak because his character is so strong, Edge on the otherhand could put him over every week for a month and still get away with somehow managing to screw someone out the World Title

I don't think Edge/Swagger would work at all, I don't think Edge is at a stage in his career now where he can carry someone in a main event feud and I think Swagger still needs a lot of schooling through his matches.

I also don't think Bourne has more potential to be a World Champion than MVP, I can't see any of them being World Champions but if they had to put the belt on one of them I'm pretty certain it would be MVP because guys like Bourne are 10 a penny where as talented, over, black guys with a good gimmick are not something that instantly sticks out to you in the WWE
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 11:07 pm

I can see where people are coming from with how badly he has been booked but with his character and his ability to get over by himself, I think Edge will always be a main eventer and is in no trouble of completely falling off the radar. Hes kind of like Jericho in that fans know how talented he is (not saying Edge is as good as Jericho but is very talented) and he will always be over as a heel anyway
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 11:16 pm

the-gaffer wrote:

I also don't think Bourne has more potential to be a World Champion than MVP, I can't see any of them being World Champions but if they had to put the belt on one of them I'm pretty certain it would be MVP because guys like Bourne are 10 a penny where as talented, over, black guys with a good gimmick are not something that instantly sticks out to you in the WWE

You say MVP is over but is he really?

I'd say Kingston and R Truth are more over than MVP especially now. Especially Kingston.

As for Bourne, Cena is meant to be high on him and can see him as a possible candidate to win a Money in The Bank ladder match on PPV in a couple of years time and I could see him being a world champion in that route.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 11:22 pm

I don't think you can say anyone is a possible MitB winner in a couple of years time, thats just a random thought, Nexus are the biggest story the WWE have did this year and they never even had any pay off plans for that, from what was reported they where making it up as they go along, so if they are doing that then I don't think anyone can genuinely say anyone might win a certain match a couple of years down the line.

Onto MVP, I think he is still over, the live crowd eat him up, a lot more than they do R-Truth and from what I read the online fans definitely can't stand R-Truth, his gimmick and his look, as for Kofi, he is over, but he is still gimmickless, MVP has the gimmick, the comparison was between Bourne and MVP anyway
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 11:26 pm

the-gaffer wrote:

Onto MVP, I think he is still over, the live crowd eat him up, a lot more than they do R-Truth and from what I read the online fans definitely can't stand R-Truth, his gimmick and his look, as for Kofi, he is over, but he is still gimmickless, MVP has the gimmick, the comparison was between Bourne and MVP anyway

It was when you said above black over guys in your prwevious post I immediately thought of R Trith and Kingston.

And by the way I cant stand R truth and I dont think internet fans matter that much as Cena wouldnt of got the title as often if they did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost his Edge
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2