Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble)

Go down 
+4
the-gaffer
mrtc2003
Junior
JacMan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble) Empty
PostSubject: Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble)   Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Just watched the replay of the actual Rumble match itself and one thing is really puzzling me, WWE have been serious over pushing younger stars eg Sheamus as wwe champ and McIntrye as IC Champ

But yet again, these potential stars were eliminated very early in a Rumble which hardly ever really got going
Eg:
Evan Bourne ( lasted about 90 secs)
Dolph Ziggler ( same as Bourne)
JTG (10 Seconds)
Zach Ryder ( about 10 seconds)
CM Punk ( absolute joke,. ok he eliminated several people but should have at least made it to the last 8)
Dibiase ( entered at 10 ouutb by 19)
Rhodes (entered at 13 out by 19)
Miz ( 10 seconds)
MVP ( 5 seconds)
McIntyre ( entered at 9 out by 19)
Morrison ( entered at 11 out by 19)
Matt Hardy ( worst of the lot about 30 seconds)
Carlito ( entered at 15 out by 19)
Shelton Benjamin ( about 60 seconds)
Yoshitatsu ( about 60 seconds)
Chris Masters ( 30 seconds )
Jack Swagger ( about 2 minutes)
Kofi Kingston ( about 3 minutes)

I find this absolutely shocking especially the treatment of matt hardy and cm punk ( what do you think)
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble)   Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 5:17 pm

carlito and shelton cant see either of them ever having a careear at wwe both had opportunites to reach top but WWE faded them out.

and i wouldnt class matt hardy as a young star
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble)   Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 5:23 pm

Matt Hardy may not be young but he has the potential to be a star. Thats what I meant
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble)   Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 5:50 pm

matt hardys time has gone.this time last year was his best opportunity to go to the next level but it didnt happen for him.have you seen him on smckdown recently.coming out with khali,to khalis music and jumping and bouncing around like a child.compare him to this time last year when he attacked jeff and turned heel and was on the verge of main event.aslo he has put on far too much weight
Back to top Go down
mrtc2003
NXT Champion
NXT Champion
mrtc2003

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble)   Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 7:25 pm

Matt Hardy's biggest problem is being Jeff's brother. Jeff is arguably the more popular and charismatic of the two meaning that Matt can get overlooked. As of course when Jeff screws up then Matt is the one to get punished. Which isn't fair but what can you do?

MVP and the Miz may have been eliminated quickly but there was a purpose to it (to prolong their feud) and they'd already had a chance to show their skills earlier in the night. McIntyre to seemed to have a pretty good innings I thought though it was fairly unmemorable I thought (but then I just find him unmemorable generally).

The others were not really too surprising though I was a little disappointed by Kingston's brief apperance too.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble)   Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 11:16 pm

Your right and your wrong mrtc

Matt's biggest problem is he is Jeff's brother, but if he wasn't a Hardy, I doubt he'd have made it in the WWF all those years ago and he certainly wouldn't be getting the pop he gets now if he wasn't Jeff's brother.

I predicted Hardy would be first eliminated last night but he was quickest

Shawn Michaels was on a mission to break Kane's record
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
shroom_v1
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
shroom_v1

Location : Preston Number of posts : 1392 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
Randy Orton
Desmond Wolfe
Kurt Angle
Cactus Jack (You can keep Mankind and Dude Love thanks)
CM Punk
Samoa Joe
Shawn Michaels
Mr Perfect
LoD
British Bulldog

PostSubject: Re: Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble)   Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble) EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 11:52 pm

Have to agree with you Gaffer. If he wasn't a Hardy brother, Matt wouldn't have made it as far as he has.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble)   Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble) EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:07 am

Just noticed that Shawn took over Austin's total last night for most eliminations
Back to top Go down
Hey Theres New Jack! RUN!
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

All Time: Rob Van Dam, Undertaker, Mick Foley, Sabu & Scott Hall

Current Favourites: AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Mr Anderson, Matt Morgan & Desmond Wolfe

PostSubject: Re: Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble)   Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble) EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:07 am

I have just watched the Rumble and this is exactly what I was thinking. All the established guys dominated and the only less established guys that came out OK were McIntyre, DiBiase & Rhodes. R-Truth had a good moment, in eliminating 'The Worlds Strongest Man' and 'The Worlds Largest Athlete' at the same time.

But I thought at an event like the Royal Rumble they could showcase the younger guys but have an experienced guy win, as he has to main event WrestleMania. But the likes of Cena, Shawn Michaels & CM Punk dominated. Triple H was also in for a while, although he didnt elimate many. Those guys are already established, although Punk has oviously been pushed back in the last few months.

Im not a 100% on the 'if Matt wasnt Jeff's brother, he wouldnt be anything.' I think Matt would still have had a decent career in pro wrestling, but he certainly wouldnt get the pop he gets if he wasnt Jeff's brother.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble)   Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble) EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:30 am

One of the things that I hated about the Rumble last night was the way Legacy's eliminations happened, just very anti-climatic after the past few weeks of Raw.

Matt Hardy was lucky his fat boring arse got in the rumble in the first place, he makes Chavo look like The Rock, I'd rather watch Hornswoggle(genuinely), he has a lot to thank Jeff for.
Back to top Go down
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

All Time: Rob Van Dam, Undertaker, Mick Foley, Sabu & Scott Hall

Current Favourites: AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Mr Anderson, Matt Morgan & Desmond Wolfe

PostSubject: Re: Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble)   Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble) EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:34 am

"Matt Hardy was lucky his fat boring arse got in the rumble in the first place, he makes Chavo look like The Rock"

lol!

That cracked me up! Thanks a lot Bazz23-v2
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble)   Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble) EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:56 am

No problem, you just wait until there is a Mr Kennedy discussion, you'll piss yourself. Wink

Smile
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble)   Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble) EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 2:33 am

taking th piss out o
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble)   Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble) EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 4:16 pm

I'll look forward to the Mr Kennedy discssion haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble)   Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble) Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost Oppertunity (Royal Rumble)
Page 1 of 1