Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Lost his Edge

Go down 
+5
Mackem
hodge13
Sexton Hardcastle
Hardcore Waffles
JacMan
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

Lost his Edge Empty
PostSubject: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 11:28 pm

Since moving to Raw, Edge has been lost in the mix as they say. He turned heel again albeit after a disastrous face turn on his opening night and was immediately involved in a feud with Randy Orton ( probably the most over guy in WWE at that time with the crowd due to absence of Taker and HHH) At Over the Limit, I thought we were going to see a great match but Orton seemed to injure his arm and match was cut short, understandable but I thought we'd see them go at it again in fatal 4 way, why not have Bourne and Jericho in the 4 way with Sheamus and Cena to allow these 2 to have one on one again?

But since then Edge has looked with every passing week to be getting further and further away from the title, so much so he is in backstage segments with Jillian and Zack Ryder. This is not acceptable for a 9 time world champion.

Added to that the constant search for the gm, Edge plays the character well, but there is only so much he can do with the utter crap that is written for him by creative.

And when the likes of HHH come back, I fear for Edge in the main event scene on Raw.

So my question to you is where does Edge go from here and will he be champion in the near future?
Back to top Go down
Hardcore Waffles
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Hardcore Waffles

Location : Trapped in Matt Hardy's rolls of flab Number of posts : 524 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk
Zack Ryder
Kurt Angle

Lost his Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 11:46 pm

Going back to SD! with the channel change IMO
Although I do actually really like the backstage segments with Ryder
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

Lost his Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 12:03 am

They might be funny but to have a 9 time champ involved in comedy skits is wrong and is part of the reason why Raw is verging on awful at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

Lost his Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 1:43 am

wont edge being the gm's rival be good for him? When they show their face? Or it being a twist and he is in cahoots with them, although he's already had that story, so a vs the gm one would be ideal?
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Lost his Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 1:46 am

p.s i was suprised they are still doing the utter unforgiveable shite with the emails. Piss weak, utter dross. Wwe loses cred every week yes?
Back to top Go down
hodge13
Most decorated Champion in history
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

Lost his Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 1:53 am

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
p.s i was suprised they are still doing the utter unforgiveable shite with the emails. Piss weak, utter dross. Wwe loses cred every week yes?

do they even have a planned GM yet?
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Lost his Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 7:42 am

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:

I'm quite like to be honest. Something we've never seen before. I think it can go a few more months yet.

Regarding Edge. I like his Jack Ryders segmants. For me, there are too many mian event guys on Raw that are bigger than him. Cena, HHH, Ortan, Jericho, Sheamus and at the moment probably even The Miz. Smackdown will be ideal for him. CM Punk, Rey, Undertaker. Only 3 guys raelly imo.
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

Lost his Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 10:19 am

Hes looked off to me ever since he came back at the Rumble. I dont know what it is but he just hasn't looked the same and I'm a huge Edge mark.

I hope that he gets traded back over to SD as I feel he can have better matches with people over there than on RAW and he will get booked like a main eventer on that show too
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Lost his Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 12:46 pm

I think Edge's problems stem to his injuries - he's got more and more injury prone over the past few years, and it's tough to make any long term plans for him. I read somewhere that when he won the tag titles with Jericho, the ultimate plan was that they'd feud with DX, then he does his achilles and things had to be re-thought at very short notice.

I don't think he's anywhere near what he was in 2007/2008, he was the best heel in the business, his run with the Undertaker was one of the last feuds I really enjoyed in WWE, and since he's come back from his injury at the Rumble, he's just been anywhere near his best.

A move to Smackdown seems the obvious solution, but a lack of credible faces on there are going to hamper him. Rey is going against Del Rio, Undertaker vs Kane, Punk is a heel, Edge vs Big Show is not one that I want to see after the crapness of Mania 25... aside from them, Christian's injured, Matt Hardy is trying to get fired, there's not a lot of options there either. A face Edge just doesn't work, he's never been an over main event face, so I don't want him to turn either.

If Edge goes to Smackdown, he'll have a similar problem to Raw.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Lost his Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 3:43 pm

fued with dx ... fued with a returning HHH

better and less people involved

easy?
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Lost his Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 4:03 pm

HHH has to feud with Sheamus upon his return which could take up another 2 or 3 months, then you would think HHH would go after Nexus if they are still around.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Lost his Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 4:27 pm

I've read that they are planning to move him back to SmackDown! but what does that achieve? he goes there against the only top face the Undertaker, what does the top heel on the show Kane do? what about CM Punk? Alberto Del Rio? moving Edge back to SmackDown! for me isn't the answer, I'd maybe team him up with a returning Christian nearer WrestleMania time and then start integrating him into SmackDown! again although I'd have him as a face, I wanted to see Edge as a face but the way they did it was very poor, I don't want to see him being drafted back to SD! to be the face he was, when he turns again it needs to be a well thought out turn.

Edge like has been said is a shadow of the guy he was, injuries no doubt play a part in it but I think the real hunger is gone too, what more has he left to do in the WWE, that unfortunately is what happens when you give someone so many World Title reigns, when those reigns dry up you're left with the shell of someone who used to be the top heel in the place.

I'd definitely have major plans for him, he still has a major feud with Orton to have IMO, they started something and dropped it after Nexus came to town, that can easily be started back up again, then there is Triple H, thats another thing if given time that could steal the show, I always enjoy Edge/Cena programs so if that would happen I'd enjoy that too most likely, then I'd like to see him team up again with Christian, use them more as a two man faction who team up than just a straight tag team, have them out supporting each other and what not, I think they could easily get 8/10 months out of that before Edge wins the World Title, have Christian as one of the MitB winners too then you have the fued everyone has wanted to see, it might be two years down the line but thats good, thats longevity
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

Lost his Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 4:43 pm

I always thought Edge Vs Orton needed to be saved for a Wrestlemania after there was no fued with the splitting of RatedRKO, would have just built it up to Wrestlemania 27 with them both in the same elimination chamber or something or Smackdown Vs Raw match. Edge Vs Triple H could also be very enjoyable, have they had any 1vs1 fued since Edge has reached the main event, bar the 1 off match or so they had while they were both champions on SD.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Lost his Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 4:54 pm

They had a match at the Great American Bash in 2008 when Hunter ran the footage of Edge getting it on with him and Vickies wedding planner, but it was a rushed feud because Taker was coming back and Edge asked for time off so they let Taker come back at SummerSlam and 'send Edge to hell'
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Lost his Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 8:55 pm

Maybe a Fued with MVP over at Smackdown? They both need something to do at the moment.
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Lost his Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 9:05 pm

Edge is far too good for MVP. Mind you he is the only face on SD with fuck all to do, although he might be getting involved with Ziggler now for IC Title. That could lead to Kofi being available.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Lost his Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 9:12 pm

JacMan wrote:
Edge is far too good for MVP. Mind you he is the only face on SD with fuck all to do, although he might be getting involved with Ziggler now for IC Title. That could lead to Kofi being available.

You say Edge is too good but he has nothing going on atm. Perhaps Edge dropping from the title picture for a little while will be good for him then build him back up.
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Lost his Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 9:14 pm

Mackem wrote:
JacMan wrote:

You say Edge is too good but he has nothing going on atm. Perhaps Edge dropping from the title picture for a little while will be good for him then build him back up.

We go on about wrestlers who dont need the title per se like HBK ( hence only 4 reigns ) but i think Edge excels when he physically has the belt, hence why he was great in feuds with Cena in 2006, Undertaker in 2008 and Batista in 2007.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

Lost his Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 9:22 pm

JacMan wrote:
Mackem wrote:
JacMan wrote:

We go on about wrestlers who dont need the title per se like HBK ( hence only 4 reigns ) but i think Edge excels when he physically has the belt, hence why he was great in feuds with Cena in 2006, Undertaker in 2008 and Batista in 2007.

I actually think he is better when chasing the belt, obviously that still rules out a feud with MVP, but I think Edge is at his best when he is doing everything he possibly can to win the title.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Lost his Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 9:29 pm

InvincibleIleak wrote:
JacMan wrote:
Mackem wrote:
JacMan wrote:

I actually think he is better when chasing the belt, obviously that still rules out a feud with MVP, but I think Edge is at his best when he is doing everything he possibly can to win the title.

I can see where you are coming from but I think Edge plays the psychology brilliantly of doing all he can by holding onto the belt rather than chasing it and therefore winning at all costs such as at Summerslam 2006.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Lost his Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 9:44 pm

Mackem wrote:
JacMan wrote:

I don't agree with that at all and smells of complete Edge markdom to be honest!

To good for MVP? Edge is exactly the kind of feud that MVP could actually get himself higher up the card with, Edge/MVP is a great shout
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Lost his Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 9:46 pm

JacMan wrote:
InvincibleIleak wrote:
JacMan wrote:
Mackem wrote:
JacMan wrote:

I can see where you are coming from but I think Edge plays the psychology brilliantly of doing all he can by holding onto the belt rather than chasing it and therefore winning at all costs such as at Summerslam 2006.

Edge's title reigns have been so short he very seldom gets to hang onto the belt very long so I'm not sure how we can honestly think he is better at doing that when the best example was four years ago, I prefer when Edge is chasing the title too, I like when his character shows some bottle, which is usually only when he is chasing the title
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Lost his Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 9:51 pm

The way MVP has been booked especially since he turned face has verged on awful. I honestly dont remember the last time MVP won on Smackdown in a singles match.

On the other hand you have Edge ( addmitedly also been booked shockingly) who is a legit main eventer and has PPV victories over The Undertaker, John Cena, Batista, Shawn Michaels in the past, all of whom MVP has hardly ever been involved with.

MVP has hardly ever been in a feud with a main eventer in his time in WWE, I dont see what good it could do for Edge especially as MVP has many mid card heels that he can feud with in Rhodes, McIntyre, Del Rio, Swagger and Ziggler and Edge is above all these guys. In the future maybe MVP and Edge but not now in my opinion.

Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Lost his Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 9:56 pm

How do you think you make guys relevant though? you push them up against top guys, thats how you make new main eventers, look at the pop MVP got on RAW on his first night when he interupted Orton, Edge isn't a strong main eventer and never has been, he has an opportunistic character that allows him to take advantage of situations, out of all the main eventers they can use to make a new main eventer then Edge would be the top of the list, Jericho is another but I can't class him as an out and out main eventer

MVP is one of the few faces that actually could be pushed due to his character as well as the fact he can talk and he can actually work, regardless of how he has been booked, remember when he interupted Orton he came off the back of a 5 month losing streak, his character wasn't exactly at its strongest, it doesn't take much to build up his character
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Lost his Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 10:03 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
How do you think you make guys relevant though? you push them up against top guys, thats how you make new main eventers, look at the pop MVP got on RAW on his first night when he interupted Orton, Edge isn't a strong main eventer and never has been, he has an opportunistic character that allows him to take advantage of situations, out of all the main eventers they can use to make a new main eventer then Edge would be the top of the list, Jericho is another but I can't class him as an out and out main eventer

MVP is one of the few faces that actually could be pushed due to his character as well as the fact he can talk and he can actually work, regardless of how he has been booked, remember when he interupted Orton he came off the back of a 5 month losing streak, his character wasn't exactly at its strongest, it doesn't take much to build up his character

I'm not disputing Edge wouldnt make MVP relevant, of course he would but the fact remains even when MVP was interrupting Randy Orton ( who was the number one heel at that time) he didnt do anything that made him relevant. MVP never got a championship oppertunity which is no fault of his own but I think that was his make or break chance in WWE, and putting him with Edge would be a waste for Edge now as I for one dont see MVP being a World Champion and hence I dont see the point of putting him above midcard.

If I was putting Edge with a midcarder on SD it would be Swagger, of course the difficulty is they are both heels but a feud with Edge could put Swagger map again and make him a multiple World Champion ( which I'm sure he will be regardless) or Evan Bourne ( if he stays on Raw) who has more potential to be a world champion than MVP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lost his Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost his Edge   Lost his Edge Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost his Edge
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next