Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Owen's wife suing

Go down 
+4
Rocky2
feяgie22
InvincibleIleak
Junior
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

Owen's wife suing Empty
PostSubject: Owen's wife suing   Owen's wife suing EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:02 pm

Martha Hart's husband died in a World Wrestling Entertainment stunt gone horribly wrong. Now, she's suing the wrestling company and its former CEO, Linda McMahon, who happens to be the Republican nominee for Senate in the state of Connecticut.

Hart's husband, WWE wrestler Owen Hart, fell nearly 80 feet to his death in 1999, in front of a crowd of thousands. He was 34 years old at the time.

In a lawsuit filed this week in Hartford, Conn., Martha Hart alleges that the WWE has used her late husband's name, image and celebrity profile without her consent and in violation of his contract with the company. The complaint specifically refers to a new WWE video, released in April, called "Hart and Soul: The Hart Family Anthology."

The suit is the latest reminder of the professional baggage McMahon brings to the race for the seat of retiring Democratic Sen. Chris Dodd. Though McMahon resigned as WWE's CEO in 2009 to enter the race, videos and stories of her time leading the company have surfaced throughout the campaign. Her husband, Vince McMahon, is the WWE's current chief executive.

Linda McMahon spokesman Ed Patru said the campaign did not plan to comment on the lawsuit and directed questions to the WWE.

Martha Hart told POLITICO the timing of the suit had nothing to do with the Senate campaign, explaining that she learned about the tribute video in March and sent a cease-and-desist letter that the company ignored. Instead, she said, she's reacting to a broader pattern of insensitivity and abuse.

"From the moment of his death, they couldn't wait to scrape his dead body off of the wrestling mat. His blood was on that mat...and they went on with that show so that they could make sure they didn't lose any money," Hart said Tuesday. "A week later, they further disrespected me and Owen by putting film footage of his funeral on their program when I had specifically asked Vince McMahon not to do so."

This is not the first suit Owen Hart's family has brought against the WWE: they also sued the company immediately after the wrestler died and settled the case for $18 million in 2000.

Martha Hart's new claim against the company was rolled out with a professional public relations campaign led by the international firm Hill & Knowlton, which has Wal-Mart and Motorola on its client list. A cleanly designed web site, www.marthahartsueswwe.com, features the complaint, a press release and two separate contacts for the case.

But Hart said the challenge was not coordinated with any of McMahon's political opponents.

"The WWE certainly has no problem marketing, distributing products with [Owen Hart's] likeness on it which again, create a false association between me and the WWE, which does not exist," she said. "I have to scream it to the world: I have no association with these people. I needed to have a PR firm to help me accomplish my goal."

McMahon won the endorsement of Connecticut Republicans at their state convention in May, and still faces a Republican primary against investor Peter Schiff. Former Rep. Rob Simmons, whom McMahon defeated at the convention, has suspended his campaign but his name will still appear on the primary ballot.

McMahon's general election opponent is expected to be Democratic state Attorney General Richard Blumenthal. A spokesman for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee said the group was unaware Hart had planned to file the suit.

Hart said she had not spoken with any of McMahon's opponents or their campaigns before filing the suit

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0610/38849.html#ixzz0rbdxM3lH
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

Owen's wife suing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Owen's wife suing   Owen's wife suing EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:26 pm

Surely WWE have the right to use their WWE videos and his name?
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

Owen's wife suing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Owen's wife suing   Owen's wife suing EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:42 pm

his funeral tho?
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Owen's wife suing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Owen's wife suing   Owen's wife suing EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:43 pm

They werent actually filming the funeral. they were filming the other WWE stars having a day out at the cemetry Smile
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

Owen's wife suing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Owen's wife suing   Owen's wife suing EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:44 pm

That was a different lawsuit though, she already got money from it.

If she doesn't want to be assosiated with the WWE, stop suing them.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

Owen's wife suing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Owen's wife suing   Owen's wife suing EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 7:47 pm

feяgie22 wrote:
They werent actually filming the funeral. they were filming the other WWE stars having a day out at the cemetry Smile

Taker's birthday.
Back to top Go down
randy-poffo
TNA debut
TNA debut
randy-poffo

Location : middlesbrough Number of posts : 919 Favourite Wrestler : macho man randy savage

Owen's wife suing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Owen's wife suing   Owen's wife suing EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:04 pm

i dont get her logic in this, surley she should be encouraging the wwe to show how good and how liked owen was in the wrestling buisnes.

i know it was a tragic loss for her and her family,but i'm sure owen would want to be rememberd for being in the sport he loved.
Back to top Go down
mrtc2003
NXT Champion
NXT Champion
mrtc2003

Number of posts : 450

Owen's wife suing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Owen's wife suing   Owen's wife suing EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 7:58 pm

randy-poffo wrote:
i dont get her logic in this, surley she should be encouraging the wwe to show how good and how liked owen was in the wrestling buisnes.

i know it was a tragic loss for her and her family,but i'm sure owen would want to be rememberd for being in the sport he loved.

I'm not sure she cares about that. I think she just wants to make someone pay for his death. It's quite clear that, unlike most of the rest of the Hart family, she hasn't been able to move on.
Back to top Go down
randy-poffo
TNA debut
TNA debut
randy-poffo

Location : middlesbrough Number of posts : 919 Favourite Wrestler : macho man randy savage

Owen's wife suing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Owen's wife suing   Owen's wife suing EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 10:09 pm

Bret Hart issued the following comments over on his official Facebook page in regards to Martha Hart's lawsuit against WWE over the use of Owen Hart's likeness.

"I feel that it's ridiculous for anyone to think they are serving the best interests of Owen's memory or his children to pretend he wasn't a wrestler. Not only was he a wrestler, he was a great one and proud of it. I personally believe Martha Hart has done nothing to keep his memory alive and sadly, he fades from view a little more every year. I do suspect this lawsuit is more about publicity, ego, and small-mindedness than it is about pro-wrestling and all of those that are in it.

I know Owen was always proud of his body of work. His fans have never forgotten him and most of today's WWE wrestlers and hundreds of employees have never forgotten him. They speak endlessly of loving memories that speak volumes on what kind of person he was. I saw Owen on TV a few weeks ago against a young Matt Hardy and it put me in such a good mood all day long. Why would anyone want to prevent that? Martha needs to accept the sad truth that he's gone, but we all deserve to be able to salute and honor him for being the great man and the great wrestler that he was."
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

Owen's wife suing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Owen's wife suing   Owen's wife suing EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 10:46 pm

Bret is speaking a lot more sense than she is, it seems to me that she is milking it for every single bit it's worth.

When you see Owen Hart wrestling, you don't associate it with her, when she sues the company, that when you start associating her with the WWE.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
Most decorated Champion in history
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

Owen's wife suing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Owen's wife suing   Owen's wife suing EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:40 am

Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

Owen's wife suing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Owen's wife suing   Owen's wife suing EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Hmm, the more I see Owen's wife the more I just think money grabbing bint.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

Owen's wife suing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Owen's wife suing   Owen's wife suing EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 1:00 pm

i agree, with also that pretty much all of the rest of the Hart's are against what she is saying
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Owen's wife suing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Owen's wife suing   Owen's wife suing Empty

Back to top Go down

Owen's wife suing
Page 1 of 1