Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers)

Go down 
+3
feяgie22
Junior
Hey Theres New Jack! RUN!
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

Country : TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers) Untitl11

All Time: Rob Van Dam, Undertaker, Mick Foley, Sabu & Scott Hall

Current Favourites: AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Mr Anderson, Matt Morgan & Desmond Wolfe

TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers)   TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers) EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:44 pm

I thorougly enjoyed Lockdown and thought it was a really good PPV. They really sold how brutal steel cage matches are and there was some awesome 'spots', throughout.

A good opening match between RVD and James Storm and not many predicted an RVD win (which sounds strange) and Team Hogan to have the advantage in the Lethal Lockdown match.

MCMG as usual showed their great chemistry and pulled off some good tag team moves. The ending with Homicide, mugging off Kendrick and then mocking him was pretty funny.

Nothing spectacular between Nash and Young, as expected. But it's always good to see a Jacknife.

Looks like Maddison Rayne is now the Knockouts Champion? I thought Angelina might have kept her Title and joined TBP in this, so not sure why I put Angelina to get pinned in the predictions stupidity

Decent match for the X-Division Title between Kaz, Moore and Homicide. I can only think that Williams was due to drop the Title to Kaz, otherwise stripping him of the belt is beyond harsh.

Serious 'mark out moment' when the Wolfpac's music plays and out comes The Outsiders. This was maybe the most enjoyable match, not the best, of the night for me. The crowd was well into this aswell, which added to the match. I really hope TNA continue the fued between The Outsiders and Team 3D. These are two of the greatest tag teams of all time, for me. And would love to see another match, or two, between the teams.

Thought the Angle/Anderson match was fantastic and these two look they genuinely hate each other. Now I thought someone (AJ) would leap off the cage during the PPV, but I certainly didn't think Kurt Angle would. He nearly killed Anderson with that Moosault, looked like he landed square on his head. The build up to the finish was quality aswell. For the story telling side of wrestling, this was awesome!

Any PPV is worth watching when you get to see AJ Styles in action. He just does everything better, than anyone else, IMO. I was well into this match and at one point, when AJ jumped off the cage and Pope hit the > Code Breaker, I seriously thought AJ was going to lose. My heart was really pumping, and you don't often get that feeling now days in wrestling.

The main event itself, Lethal Lockdown, seemed a little cluttered at times. But was still a good main event. Seemed like Jeff Hardy only turned up to hit one move, but boy am I glad he did. When you watch things like that, you genuinely never know what the hell is going to happen. The danger factor involved is pretty damn high. Was that Stings first time getting thrown on the tacks aswell? And maybe even The Nature Boys (less likely)? I wanted Team Flair to win, but looking back I suppose it was always pretty obvious that Hogan would save the day.

All in all, I thought this was a great PPV and the brutality of the matches really sold the gimmick they were promoting. If I was nit picking, I would say perhaps some bleed a little too easy. But then again the cage didn't seem to have much 'give' to it and perhaps they were also selling that.

What were your thoughts on Lockdown? Was it another step in the right direction or was it a step backwards?
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Country : TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers) Niger-1

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers)   TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers) EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:26 pm

the moonsault missed by miles by kurt lol
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers)   TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers) EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:28 pm

He landed on Andersons head

And did they realy need that much blood in one PPV?
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

Current Favourites: AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Mr Anderson, Matt Morgan & Desmond Wolfe

PostSubject: Re: TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers)   TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers) EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:45 pm

I thought he landed on his head too.

Like I said, if I was nit picking, there did seem to be too much blood. But I think the amount of blood was to show how brutal a steel cage really is. Whether you get thrown into it being in the opener or the main event, the cage is dangerous and will make you bleed.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers)   TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers) EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:54 pm

nearly everyone was bleeding no need for it.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

PostSubject: Re: TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers)   TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers) EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:59 pm

No, but I think they were just trying to show the brutality of a cage match. If your head gets slammed into the steel, you will bleed. Perhaps they 'over sold' the cage?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers)   TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 2:12 am

I thought it was a poor PPV which Anderson/Angle saved big time

Jeff Hardy is one crazy bastard too

I don't want to be seeing Kevin Nash do double duty and I definitely don't wan to be seeing Hogan/Flair in some kind of match let alone interfere in the main event

Stripping Douglas Williams of the X Title was a horrendous decision, he was the focal point of the storyline, he deserved to be allowed to drop his title

The Knockouts was a complete mess

AJ/Pope was good but it felt like a filler match for the Champ instead of a serious risk to his title
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Country : TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers) England-1

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers)   TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:28 am

I thought it was a great ppv, but i also think that it ended a few storylines.

Angle taking time off now - where will this leave Mr. Anderson.

Kevin Nash now seems to be busy with Team 3D - Eric Young hasn't got anything from now

Eric Bischoff now on Hogans side, does that mean he will leave Jeff Jarrett alone??

I agree, Douglas Williams should not of dropped the title but i think they will use this in a storyline. Doug Williams comes back and refuses to hand over the X-Division belt and take it from there.

The Knockouts, well yeah, they are.....

I'm thinking Sting could take some more time out also. To me, he just doesnt look intrested.

But all in all, i'd give it 7/10.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers)   TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 2:33 pm

Sting isn't in shape, thats why he very rarely takes his top off
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

PostSubject: Re: TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers)   TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:08 pm

Sting seems to be a little 'laboured' shall we say.

Everyone can see Kevin Nash can no longer 'go' anymore. But if he has to have a quick match ,with Eric Young, for the Outsiders to return. It has to be worth it Gaff?

Im not sure where Eric Young goes now, Makem. But I'm much more interested in if they go with the Band/3D & Neal thing. Now I'm a big Hall & Nash fan, but I honestly think their match with 3D was pretty good and wouldn't mind seeing some more. And Neal and Syxx Pac could also go at it.

The Knockouts have definately declined, big time, in recent months. But is anyone really that fussed? The Knockouts used to have very watchable matches, but never something I'd make sure I watched.

I can understand the frustration in Douglas Williams being stripped of the Title. Was a pretty shitty thing to do. Considering it was IMPOSSIBLE for Williams to defend it. Hopefully Makem is right on that one.

I'm now starting to get a little sick of Hogan and Flair, influencing the main events. It was nice at first, but they can't be the focal point of every PPV ending.
Back to top Go down
adingoatemybaby
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
adingoatemybaby

Country : TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers) Ireland

Number of posts : 103

PostSubject: lockdown possible spoilers I suppose... been a while though. iMPACT   TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers) EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:50 pm

rvd v storm - good opener, why does rvd feel he has to point at his back and get the crowd saying RVD every two seconds though. I think hes great dont get me wrong but seriously tone it down a bit. We know who you are.
Good match though.
X division Homocide picking up the win was a decent match way too short though imo.
Nash v Young... young on the offence for a lot of it but Nash picks up the win after a few hard hitting moves ending with the jack knife powerbomb. Not a great match
Knockouts next, didnt watch it.
Lovin Flairs WOOOOO's in his promo. Tells JB he really doesnt like him. Funny stuff. One of his best in TNA yet. Thats how to do a promo.
Then AJ speaks, decent for him which is good other than his random shouting.
Next up X Division champ match - moore v kaz v homocide.
was great seeing moore getting drilled into the cage..
Kaz gets the pin with an awesome move reverse piledriver as Taz called it.
Was waiting the whole way through to see would Doug Williams turn up but didnt!! Thought eh using the volcano thing was a joke and he'd turn up but didnt
Pope then talks. He really can throw a good promo. What the hell were the WWE thinking lettin this guy go. He's unreal.
onto the Dudleys v Nash and Hall - in fairness to bubba he can get the crowd pumped as the yanks would say. Every time I see Hall I'm surprised by how he looks. Really thought he'd be in bits comin back
Anyway street fight had everything you'd expect including the usual 3d tables etc.. they won the match too which I didnt really expect. Good show by 3d.
next up mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Anderson vs Angle
wow he draws serious heat. Doing a great heel job right now.
Angle opens himself up pretty bad pretty early on as well. Great belly to belly from Angle off the ropes. Fantastic stuff.
6 German suplex's love it!!! Ankle lock. Anderson reverses with the mic check! Game back on. Angle slam, thought that was it all over but he closed the lock again! throws the key away.
what a match! Suplex off the top rope. As Tazz said that was SICK!
MOONSAULT OFF THE TOP OF THE CAGE!!! Kurt Angle is amazing. What a move.
Anderson hits the mic check after getting kurt not to leave and crawls out the cage, ANGLE LOCK!! .... CHOKE HIM OUT CHOKE HIM OUT!!! Game over Kurt wins.
Seriously great match. Thats how it should be done. WWE/everyone else take note!!!
Angle is taking time off and then is after the title. Thank god. Take it off AJ PLEASE.
Now AJ v Pope without Flair at ringside (sent to the back)
good back and forward match lots of covers and counters. AJ misses a massive spot from the top of the cage pope didnt get the pin though.
AJ stabs pope in the eye with a pen yes you heard me a pen then gets the pin.
Was too obvious that he'd retain but I'm not happy bout it I have to say would love to see pope get the win.
Bischoff turns up in the back.
Lastly lethal lockdown..
Mass brawl is the only way of describing this. Just pure madness. Wont see this on WWE. Spots galore. Hardy on top of the cage on a ladder hits a high risk move.
Flair enters theres a surprise. Tries to take Hogans ring from Abyss. Enter Hogan, then ente Bischoff gives brass knuckles to hogan reaffirming his loyalty to hogan. Hogan beats Flair.. FLAIR KEEP YOUR SHIRT ON!!!! .. falls into the tacks...
Team hogans with Abyss pinning Wolfe out of nowhere it has to be said.

All in all for a PPV I'd give this an 8/10. Seriously good PPV imo.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Country : TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers) England-1

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers)   TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers) EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 3:41 pm

The-Gaffer™ wrote:

Stripping Douglas Williams of the X Title was a horrendous decision, he was the focal point of the storyline, he deserved to be allowed to drop his title

surely he can now come back and get an even better storyline imo.

I feel he will (as taz eluded to, he has the belt with him in england..) refuse to give up the belt, and in the end probably have a ppv quality match on a normal tna impact because of it.

dont think it will be the end of the line or halt his progress.

it was an okay ppv few good matches few bad ones.

think having the extra x division match and shortening the nash EY match was a plus, nash still only does 3 moves and is now even slower than ever at hitting them.

angle vs anderson was epic was good how kurt could have just ended it but he wanted to punish anderson and also i think "give the fans a show" for his last match for a while, as he is super america face man.

thought the ending of the ppv could have been alot better tbh, easy e sucking hogans dick is shite, hope he fucks him over soon. was shitting when jeff was on the top of the cage, even though i saw how they lined the table over the extra strength supports of the cage, having a ladder wobbling on top of it, scares you a little lol.

too much of a face friendly show for me, where are the mega twists Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers)   TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers) Empty

Back to top Go down

TNA Lockdown - Great PPV (contains spoilers)
Page 1 of 1