Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers)

Go down 
+3
Mackem
boschbourne06
Hey Theres New Jack! RUN!
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

All Time: Rob Van Dam, Undertaker, Mick Foley, Sabu & Scott Hall

Current Favourites: AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Mr Anderson, Matt Morgan & Desmond Wolfe

Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers)   Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:03 pm

I thought it was another very solid episode of iMPACT! again. It seemed to be the most 'organised' iMPACT! of the Hogan/Bischoff era soo far.

Jay Lethals segments had me laughing and Hogan played it off brilliantly. Eric's reaction to Lethal was class aswell. Started off with a quick, decent X-Division match. And I like the format of the X-Division opening the shows. I thought the Knockouts match could've been a lot better, the ending was pretty pants TBH.

Why are The Band, not refering to themselves as the Wolf Pac? Associating BTLS with them, might be a decent move. People hate that guy. Kevin Nash & Scott Hall are far from hated by the audience, so it could be good if they go anywhere with it.

Pope segement was great aswell. And Chelsea with the 'gun in your pocket thing' taking th piss out o cracks me up everytime I hear it said. It's soo cheesy, it's funny. Wolfe vs Pope was also a good, but again quick, match. Suprised, but glad, Wolfe picked up the win.

Nice to see a match with some time given to it. And it was a good match, Double J looked pretty sharp. Jarrett strut was cool, with Ric Flair sitting there. Ending was looking good, but I think it was cut short, due to AJ's hand. Looked pretty bad, he seemed to punch the guitar when going for the low blow.

Awesome result with Jay Lethal winning the handicap match. You know when you sort of stop and take a second look? That's what I did.

The mic work in the Angle/Anderson fued has been top notch, IMO. Mr Anderson has really impressed, his promos are always great to watch.

Main event was pretty quick, with a good start and a good finish. It just lacked a middle. Very enjoyable while it lasted, due to the guys involved.

I just seemed to get the impression it was more of a calm, thought out, weekly show, compared to previous episodes of iMPACT! Although I have still really enjoyed the previous ones (more so than this one). Did anyone else get this same vibe?

With Jarrett confirmed on Abyss' Lockdown Team, who else can you see joining? And what about the Stingers Team?
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers)   Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:10 pm

as your review was better than mine i deleted mine lol

Samoa Joe finally was back on TNA Tv talking about how They have told him to do something and this time the results will be different im thinking Some mad Samoans kidnapped him to turn him back into his bad Samoa Nation of violence only with him being bigger and stronger and probably world champion under the Nation of violence.

I can also see Jarrett reaching the top as well just to complete this story that he climb the ladder from the bottom and now he's reach the top its a dream come true

Flairs team i see Wolfe,Beer Money
Hogans team i see Abyss,Jarrett,RVD, Hardy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

Current Favourites: AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Mr Anderson, Matt Morgan & Desmond Wolfe

PostSubject: Re: Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers)   Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:21 pm

boschbourne06 wrote:

Samoa Joe finally was back on TNA Tv talking about how They have told him to do something and this time the results will be different im thinking Some mad Samoans kidnapped him to turn him back into his bad Samoa Nation of violence only with him being bigger and stronger and probably world champion under the Nation of violence.

How did I not mention that stupidity

That was intense! Looks like Joe is gonna come back and tear through people. He was looking a little physcotic and brain washed. Will be interesting to find out who was behind it.

Looks like you have been right on the Jarrett thing. And it's working well IMO. The crowd are definately behind him.
Back to top Go down
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

PostSubject: Re: Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers)   Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers) EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:23 pm

I think your probably spot on with the Lockdown Teams, that's who I would've said.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers)   Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:59 am

In agreement with you there New Jack, it did seem to be a very calm iMPACT this week. I quite enjoyed it.

The Lethal Lockdown match Teams I think will be as stated above (for some reason I thought it would of been 5 in a team).

Aj v Jarrett was a good match, i don't know how AJ cut his hand open, must of missed that part but if this didnt happen I think this match could of went on for a few more minutes.

The Cage match also quite enjoyable, bodies flying everywhere to end the match, amazing.

I will also mention I think iMPACT is like a show every two weeks. Here me out and i'll explain. Show after Destination X - we never saw THe Band (even though they had just earned comtracts) or Angle and Anderson.

This week they were all on the show and we didn't see Matt Morgan (previous week he injured Hernandez) and Sting (a captain for the next PPV). Its just something ive picked up on.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers)   Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 10:58 am

I liked the Joe Promo, it has a very old ECW feel to it though
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers)   Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:00 am

The-Gaffer™ wrote:

Could be that he's been kidnapped by the Orginal ECW guys?

Think you were hinting at that?
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers)   Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:59 am

invincibleILeak wrote:
The-Gaffer™ wrote:

i never thought of that as they are bringing in old ECW group could very be that
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers)   Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:00 pm

invincibleILeak wrote:
The-Gaffer™ wrote:

I was hinting at it but not overly sure yet
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers)   Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:00 pm

the vids I watched cut joe out, so i was wondering where he was still till tenay said, so joe has come back... really selling it well as usual lol.

good impact but way less enjoyable imo than previous weeks, but thats aloud, the last 3 have been full of twists and turns, need some solid story progression.

will watch again on bravo to get the full show and better experiance though.

I liked the new cage at first, but then i was wondering about the 2 thick black bars on the near side, but im sure it will be filmed in a way so its not a problem, just a whole ppv with two black bars down the middle put me off a little, but the rest of the cage is really well made.

anderson was class again, im sure even bazz would have had a smile at his aasssshole... asshole bit.

pope is getting better all the time, he is one of the most comfortable on the mic and his rivalry with wolfe is good, glad to see it back on track with a match. The crowd are so into pope too, which is great.

thatl do for now
Back to top Go down
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

PostSubject: Re: Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers)   Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:18 pm

I'm with you Sexton, in that it wasn't as good as previous episodes. But it would've been easier for any new viewers to follow this episode (shame hardly anyone watched it). As the title says, it was a steady episode, rather than a great one.

The 'old school' Joe promo, was pretty damn good IMO. And Joe would fit the 'extreme style' well too, so wouldn't mind seeing the above idea. Who would the 'ECW Originals' be though? Would be amazing to see Sabu again, but his body is probably destroyed by now. Tommy Dreamer was recently with WWE, so he would be the most obvious? Raven isn't doing anything in TNA, so maybe? Would love to see Sandman again, but I wouldn't like to think what sort of state he's in. Anyone know how he's doing?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers)   Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:29 pm

Well, Raven and Stevie Richards where involved in his attack before hand, Taz was instrumental in Joes character last year when he was doing his Nation of Volience schtick, the more I think about it the more I can see the ECW angle from Joe
Back to top Go down
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

PostSubject: Re: Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers)   Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:35 pm

Do you see them trying to bring anyone in? Or just using the guys already there? There's a pool to pick from as you mentioned. Maybe even Rhyno & 3D? Although it looks like 3D are entering a fued with MCMG.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers)   Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:40 pm

Rhino was another guy who attacked him I'm sure

They could do this for months then have a Higher Power type storyline as to who is the brains behind it all and it could be revealed to be Mick Foley

with Raven, Richards, Rhino all involved in a beatdown and with Taz already been linked to Joe in the past then thats a pretty good stable as it is, add on potential guys like Team 3D and RVD as well as the possible signing of Tommy Dreamer and its near enough a small roster, who knows, it definitely has potential
Back to top Go down
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster

PostSubject: Re: Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers)   Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:50 pm

I like the Foley idea, a lot.

It does have potential, as you say, will be interesting to see if that is the plan and where they go with it.

Would like to see Raven come back, and this would be the perfect IN for him.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers)   Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:18 pm

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:

anderson was class again, im sure even bazz would have had a smile at his aasssshole... asshole bit.

You're right, I smiled. Shocked

Best promo I've seen from him.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers)   Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:29 pm

Ken Anderson is really good, I'm actually loving his segments in TNA, to be fair, I had warmed to him already when he was doing those YouTube vids, I didn't like him in the WWE because all I seen of him was the same old same old with him, introducing himself, he was never really cutting any real promos, now he is cutting promos and is looking brilliant
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers)   Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:49 pm

Tbh I'm all for being won over by the guy so hopefully he can continue to improve(in-ring also).

The main thing that got me hating him was all that "best thing since The Rock/new SCSA" bullshit, when he hadn't done a thing.

Matt Hardy will never win me round though, EVER!
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers)   Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers) EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 1:37 am

thats why i compare him to jbl, he is obviously not the next rock or austin but is solid on the mic and can piss off a crowd. I also began to like him during his time out on youtube, his own personality began to come out, not the watered down bog standard wwe twat lol. And the ecw thing would be good, have an invasion going on without even as much as mentioning wwe. Plus foley needs to be on tv as he is a good 'asset' give an excuse for hulks super abyss to fully fuck someone up in extreme rules too. Air this around wwe extreme rules ppv you say? Makes sense to me!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers)   Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers) Empty

Back to top Go down

Very Steady iMPACT! (contains spoilers)
Page 1 of 1