Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers)   Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers) EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 9:25 pm

And in WWE, you see things like Cryme Tyme & Hart Dynasty wrestle each other 9000 times to the point that it doesn't make a damn bit of difference who wins because they are just going to wrestle each other next week anyway.

But the devaluing of wins and losses is a whole discussion I could type about all day. But the basic point I'm trying to make is that there are no consequences for losing, and not having consequences takes the drama out of the story, and if there is no dramatic element to the story, then your show is not good. Going beyond wins and losses, one thing that bothers me about modern day wrestling is how severe beatings and sick spots mean absolutely nothing.

Now one thing that the WWE did this year that I thought was extremely damaging was that John Cena got slammed off the stage and ONTO A FUCKING SPOTLIGHT!!! I don't know about you, but if that happened to me, I'd be dead. Shouldn't Cena be on the brink of death? No, because he showed up the next night without so much as a band-aid. Sure he was stumbling, but come on! He got slammed THROUGH A FUCKING SPOTLIGHT!!! By doing what they did, they completely ignored the consequences of the act, and because of that, the story lost its drama, and ultimately, both Cena & Big Show got screwed over and their characters weakened.

This rambling all ties into what TNA did on Impact this week.

For all intents and purposes, Kurt Angle & World Champion AJ Styles are the two top guys in the company. Sure they just signed Hogan, but we don't know yet what his role is going to be of if he's even going to wrestle. So right now, AJ & Angle are the two top guys. On this weeks episode BOTH guys were carried out of the Impact Zone on stretchers, AJ at the hands of a mystery attacker, and Angle due to being a recipient of the Jawbreaker Lariat from Desmond Wolfe.

Both of those angles are GREAT. I have no problems with those whatsoever, but if TNA is going to do this right, they have to make it seem like something really bad happened to them. They have to make it seem like they were dealt some pretty severe blows.

In AJ Styles' case, I don't think he should be in the Impact Zone next week. If he does turn up on Impact, it should be via satellite from his home, citing that he won't be cleared to wrestle until Turning Point. Joe & Daniels can carry the storyline further in the Impact Zone, but to have AJ get ambushed by a mystery attacker 3 or 4 weeks in a row would be redundant. I say lets take what you've already done and build on it, and lets say that AJ's injury was so severe, that it keeps him out of the Impact Zone and out of the Ring until the PPV.

In Kurt Angle's case, I'm sorry. I know everybody on the net wants Angle/Wolfe at the PPV, but I think it would be a mistake to do that PPV encounter right away. I think Kurt Angle should be kept off TV for about 2-3 months. I thought what they did on Impact was great, and Wolfe's finisher is already over and credible because he didn't beat Angle with it...he put him out of commission. They need to sell that. And I think having Angle come back next week would damage that whole storyline as badly as the Cena/Show feud was.

Kurt Angle being gone for 2/3 months would add some superb steel to Wolfe, it would also give him a chance to fully win his first feud however with Angle's contract up I don't think writing him out of the show would make much sense if they are trying to get him re-signed, yeah, 2/3 months off would be good but unless they could get him signed up it would be a huge gamble

When it comes right down to it, Wrestling is Storytelling, and stories need drama, and to have drama, their has to be consequences for when something bad happens to a character, and I think taking AJ & Angle off TV (Angle more so than AJ) for a little while to sell those stories would only make it better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
kvh12345
Fandango
Fandango
kvh12345

Country : Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers) Scotland-2

Location : Netherlands Number of posts : 621 Favourite Wrestler : The Rock

PostSubject: Re: Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers)   Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers) EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 9:38 pm

and thats why TNA is better atm then WWE but btw did anyone heared something about angle contract cause some said he signed something to stay until BFG but thats already gone and he is still there
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers)   Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers) EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 9:40 pm

why is TNA better than WWE at the moment? I missed what point you made
Back to top Go down
kvh12345
Fandango
Fandango
kvh12345

Country : Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers) Scotland-2

PostSubject: Re: Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers)   Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers) EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 10:51 pm

better wrestler better storylines
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers)   Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers) EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 10:55 pm

elaborate mate? try and get some talking points going
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers)   Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers) EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 11:01 pm

kvh12345 wrote:
better wrestler better storylines

They have better womans knockout division and high fliers.

but TNA's Main Event and Upper Midcard is restricted in my opinion. ( I only started watching TNA at Slammiversary 09 so a few names might be wrong)
AJ Styles
Kurt Angle
Samoa Joe
Abyss
Mick foley
Christopher Daniels
Matt Morgan
Hulk Hogan
Desmond Wolf
Hernandez
Bobby Lashley

While wwe has
CM Punk
John Cena
HHH
HBK
Undertaker
Randy Orton
Christian
Jack Swagger ( on a push at moment/ main eventer in 1 year)
Big Show
Chris Jericho
Edge
Rey Mysterio
John Morrison
Batista
MVP
Back to top Go down
kvh12345
Fandango
Fandango
kvh12345

PostSubject: Re: Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers)   Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers) EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 11:15 pm

well maybe WWE has more big names but TNA hats the better wrestlers
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Country : Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers) Ireland

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

PostSubject: Re: Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers)   Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers) EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 4:09 pm

I agree with keeping AJ out of the Impactzone until the ppv and even then I'd have him carrying a visible injury, Angle I'm not so sure, was that his last match in TNA? I hope not, That match definetly got Wolfe over and if Angle takes a break then returns to face Wolfe at Genesis maybe or interferes in one of Wolfe's matches it will make a great feud. I'm glad to see MCMG getting some TV time and hopefully they get a long overdue tag title run at some stage and I think Rhyno's doing well at the moment, he's a great paranoid heel and the fans just love to boo him.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Country : Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers) England-1

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers)   Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers) EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 5:37 pm

Kay Fabe™ wrote:
why is TNA better than WWE at the moment? I missed what point you made

what he should have said is i prefer TNA because i prefer the wrestlers & storylines
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
kvh12345
Fandango
Fandango
kvh12345

PostSubject: Re: Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers)   Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers) EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 6:56 pm

nope its a fact that they have better storylines and wrestlers lol!
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Country : Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers) England-1

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers)   Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers) EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 8:04 pm

dont get me wrong i prefer TNA but there storylines are old WCW/WWF ones even using a newish one AJ getting attacked by a mystery person, in WWE Jeff hardy getting attacked by a mystery person
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
kvh12345
Fandango
Fandango
kvh12345

PostSubject: Re: Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers)   Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers) EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 8:23 pm

well to be homest never realy watched WCW/WWF started looking when WWE started so that could be the thing that i like TNA better
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers)   Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers) Empty

Back to top Go down

Make It Matter. Show There Are Consequences (contains TNA Spoilers)
Page 1 of 1