Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's

Go down 
+8
Sexton Hardcastle
thegunman84
Rocky2
Brandon Buchanan
Reaper
JacMan
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
Horizon
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Horizon
World Champion Winner At WM
Horizon

Location : Bristol Number of posts : 2650 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's Empty
PostSubject: WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's   WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 7:22 pm

Quote :
World Wrestling Entertainment has changed the names of several upcoming PPVs.

The 10/4 No Mercy event is now re-titled "Hell in A Cell". WWE had been toying with doing a Hell in A Cell-themed PPV for several weeks with the top matches featuring the company's top gimmick match. Where that leaves the planned Randy Orton vs. Triple H Hell bout that at one point was planned for Summerslam is unknown at this time.

The Cyber Sunday gimmick PPV also appears to be out the window at first glance, as the 10/25 PPV has been re-titled "WWE Annihilation."
Back to top Go down
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)

Location : Norwich Number of posts : 2354 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's   WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 7:27 pm

Both names sound really tacky and the creative should be ashamed with what they came up with.

Really shits all over the prestige of HiaC though, probably WWE's biggest gimmick match, maybe one a year, less than that sometimes and now there will be 6 or 7 at once. Bad move.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenwf.niceboard.net
Horizon
Horizon

Location : Bristol Number of posts : 2650 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's   WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 7:40 pm

HiaC is generally only used in rivalries where opponents seem to really hate eachother. It adds a lot to feuds in this situation but if they just throw together HiaC matches because they have to.... well it just won't be very good. Especially divas HiaC. HeadBash
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's   WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 7:55 pm

Well at least we are guaranteed a few HIAC matches a year. I thought this PG rating would scupper that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's   WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 8:07 pm

i liked the name no mercy they should not have changed.thankfully there will be hell in a cell matches but there will never be matches like taker v makind again
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

PostSubject: Re: WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's   WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 8:25 pm

Hell in a Cell sounds like a really lazy name they just took the name of the match and with the pg rating it spoils slightly HIAC just isn't the same without the blood. I can't see them making every match a hell in a cell match it would become boring and repetitive but without the blood it takes out the brutality.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Brandon Buchanan
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Brandon Buchanan

Location : Edinburgh Number of posts : 501 Favourite Wrestler : Raven

PostSubject: Re: WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's   WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 1:20 am

Agree with folks here that both names are sheeite and whoever came up with them should be taken aside and fired!

Also the good point was raised about it devaluing the Hell in a Cell as a gimmick match - couldn't agree more and I would go as far as to say that for all the gimmick matches that they currently run!

There needs to be a real need for a gimmick match and should never be used just for the sake of it! In the case of Hell in a Cell are we going to have 4 feuds that are so brutal in their hatred that it warrants putting them in the Cell?? Seriously doubt it!

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's   WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 8:51 am

And if you think current HIAC's aren't brutal, imagine how "brutal" a Diva HIAC would be. Current HIAC's aren't as good as they used to be because there is no story to the matches anymore, for example, during Lesnar vs Taker, Lesnar was working on Taker's arm with hardly any big spots taking place until Taker busted Lesnar open leading to Taker gaining the advantage until Lesnar fought back at the very end to beat Taker.

Another example, Jericho vs Triple H, I think Jericho was working on HHH's quadricep until Triple H got the advantage somehow, then the ref was un-intentionally (and actually) taken out then Jericho regained the advantage until the end of the match on top of the Cell which Triple H won.

While Edge vs Taker was very entertaining, it was just a spotfest really.

Annihilation is not a bad name IMO. It's not obvious what stipulation they have planned for that if any, I'm pretty confident that they are doing away with the Cyber Sunday gimmick though, where you vote for what type of match you want. I'm thinking Gauntlet matches for all 3 world champs with the superstars who have competed earlier on in the PPV entering the Gauntlet first and losing quickly and then the other main eventers coming in at the end. The champion has to "annihilate" the entire roster in order to prove himself as the top dog.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's   WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 11:33 am

I'd say it's likely that there'll only be two Hell in a Cell matches on the PPV, for both World titles. I guess they're gonna be more willing to let other guys use the HIAC now though, since just about every HIAC has had either The Undertaker or Triple H, nobody else really seems to be trusted to pull it off.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's   WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 1:12 pm

fuck me wwe copying TNA Evil or Very Mad

thing is say its 2 out of 6 matches, for the 2 titles.

why the fuck name the whole event hell in a cell, absolute bullshit idea.

calling a cage match rage in the cage wer bad enough
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's   WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 2:50 pm

It'll kill the gimmick, simple as that. On TNA Lockdown sounds great on paper, but whenever I've watched them, by the end of the third or fourth match, you get gimmick overload and it's difficult to work out how they're going to do anything different.

HiaC works as they only ever get used for main event matches involving main event talent. As soon as you put, say Shelton vs R-Truth in a Cell, it shits on the whole idea.

And Cyber Sunday, would anyone really miss that?
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

PostSubject: Re: WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's   WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 4:39 pm

who do you think will be put in HIAC? i can see on SD either jericho vs taker or taker vs kane
raw will probably be hhh vs orton.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's   WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 4:44 pm

i would love to see taker v kane in a hiac
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's   WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 8:44 pm

While Jericho/Taker would be good I think it needs to be a rivalry that is coming to the end of its time, a Jericho/Taker feud would just be getting started when this PPV comes around
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

PostSubject: Re: WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's   WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 9:10 pm

i suppose. so it may be kane vs taker hiac to end the fued then taker moves onto jericho . its not if jericho will face taker its when jericho will face taker as i feel that was the purpose of jericho moving to SD.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's   WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 9:17 pm

what feud? Kane and Taker haven't been in a feud for about five years, doubt they could just rush something like that for the sake of it, when that feud ends eventually it surely needs a big build up to get it as hot as possible
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's   WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 9:20 pm

hopefully they will have one more fued for old times sake
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's   WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 9:21 pm

I think they will, I just don't think or hope it will be rushed, I think Kane will be retiring in the next year, I'd expect The Undertaker to be the guy to finish him off
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's   WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 9:23 pm

i want kane to be the one to take takers defeated streak at mania. it would make sense for kane to be the one
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's   WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 9:24 pm

No it wouldn't thats ridiculous!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's   WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 9:27 pm

why not.kane was always the underdog against taker during his whole carear and always losing and just before he retires he takes away takers most precious accomplishment.that would be fuckin exellent
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's   WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 9:44 pm

But it wouldn't really serve any purpose. If they were to have anyone end the streak (which is very unlikely), then it should be to somebody just establishing themselves in the main event scene who the WWE want to make their biggest star for the next several years.
Back to top Go down
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

PostSubject: Re: WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's   WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 9:45 pm

kane shouldn't end it because he's been boring since losing his mask
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's   WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 10:55 pm

I don't think Kane has been the underdog when he has been in a program with the Undertaker, in fact, because Taker was the one who was always likely to go over they always built Kane up as the power of the two only for Taker to come out on top at the end!

I'd like another feud with the two of them, any pair with so much history can always have another feud somewhere down the line, I'd also like to see Kane going over for a change too, however I just don't think it would make any logical sense at all for Kane to end the streak, he is nearly finished, and unlike Shawn Michaels who is another who is nearly finished, he wouldn't be able to use it to his or the WWE's advantage where as HBK could have made it work if they did

I think if and when the Streak comes to an end then your talking about possibly Cena (he doesn't need it but he is young enough to really make it stick, particularly as a heel) Orton (same as Cena) Jack Swagger, Ted Di Biase, Cody Rhodes, CM Punk

I really don't see John Morrison being a viable option, I just don't think his style would suit Taker and couldn't see where a big feud would come from
Back to top Go down
Brandon Buchanan
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Brandon Buchanan

Location : Edinburgh Number of posts : 501 Favourite Wrestler : Raven

PostSubject: Re: WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's   WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 11:13 pm

Taker will never lose his undefeated streak! END OF!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's   WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE Change name of 2 more PPV's
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next