Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Report: ROH Officially Suspends PPVs

Go down 
+2
Brandon Buchanan
the-gaffer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Report: ROH Officially Suspends PPVs Empty
PostSubject: Report: ROH Officially Suspends PPVs   Report: ROH Officially Suspends PPVs EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 12:52 am

Quote :
ROH has opted to not continue their PPV deal with producer G-Funk Entertainment, a decision made several months back, and will finish their PPV run on Friday, June 12th with the Take No Prisoners PPV. ROH originally debuted on PPV in July of 2007 with the Respect is Earned PPV.

The word from inside the company is that they are "suspending" PPV operations. With ROH's new deal with HDNet, they could return to PPV down the line, with HDNet as the producer of the PPV's. The suspension of PPV tapings was not a surprise to ROH talent, since there were no tapings for PPV announced. The feeling is that the weekly TV show is more important to the future of the company.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Brandon Buchanan
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Brandon Buchanan

Location : Edinburgh Number of posts : 501 Favourite Wrestler : Raven

PostSubject: Re: Report: ROH Officially Suspends PPVs   Report: ROH Officially Suspends PPVs EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 1:04 am

I guess it's a case of learning to crawl before you can walk and I'd be inclined to agree with the statement about their TV show taking priority at the moment, as this allso gives them the opportunity to put their best matches on free TV, with a hope to peak folk's interest in their product.

I wrongly dismissed their product for a long time as I felt it was full of spot monkeys (a bit like recent X Division free for alls in TNA have been!) and I doubt I'm the only one who thought that, based on what was available to me on the 'net!!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Report: ROH Officially Suspends PPVs   Report: ROH Officially Suspends PPVs EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 1:06 am

I really enjoy ROH PPV's but can see the logic in sticking to their TV slot at the moment, for the next few months it can really help them build hype and emotion into their feuds which might get the TV audiance to care enough to actually buy the PPV's
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
Doomhammer

Number of posts : 329

PostSubject: Re: Report: ROH Officially Suspends PPVs   Report: ROH Officially Suspends PPVs EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 3:34 am

Bad idea. Yes, it's good to establish a known brand, but PPV = main source of income for wrestling companies. suspending them will result in a large amount of ROH's profits to disappear.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Report: ROH Officially Suspends PPVs   Report: ROH Officially Suspends PPVs EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 9:54 am

To be fair, I don't think they were really making much money from the PPVs, I mean in Canada they were getting about 10 buys total. Thankfully they had kept their costs down by pre-taping them though.

Gotta say I'm disappointed though, ROH PPVs have been by far the most entertaining shows I've seen from any promotion over the last few years. The TV show is still fairly poor, usually with one good match per show. Hopefully the TV show will improve though, although I don't have much faith in the abilities of Adam Pearce as booker, and even the last PPV wasn't as great as previous offerings.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Report: ROH Officially Suspends PPVs   Report: ROH Officially Suspends PPVs EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 11:19 am

Doomhammer wrote:
Bad idea. Yes, it's good to establish a known brand, but PPV = main source of income for wrestling companies. suspending them will result in a large amount of ROH's profits to disappear.

You any idea of their buy-rate? it wasn't that big, thus making it a plausible idea in the first place

ROH can now get established as a serious player then when they bring PPV's back they can do so knowing they have sold their product to the audiance!

If you think ROH's main source of income in their PPV sales then your deluded, the proof? well they see getting rid of it for now as a good idea, thats proof enough right their!
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

PostSubject: Re: Report: ROH Officially Suspends PPVs   Report: ROH Officially Suspends PPVs EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 1:17 pm

Good move from ROH get established using their tv show then go back to doing ppvs when they have a larger fan base.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

Location : Barnsley Number of posts : 2244 Favourite Wrestler : Big Daddy Smile

PostSubject: Re: Report: ROH Officially Suspends PPVs   Report: ROH Officially Suspends PPVs EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 2:02 pm

Is it just PPVs that are getting scrapped?

ROH was putting like 4 show's a month (2 week end's normally) including TV taping's for HDNet, PPV taping's every other month, I presume that would remain the same, bar the PPVs (replaced with normal show's?) ofcourse?

Finally watched Caged Collission and it was fairely poor, bar the Bobby Dempsey turn nothing happened, other ROH PPVs have been top notch though.

Yeah I think ROH get's more money from DVD's and the show attendance than PPV buy rate's.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Report: ROH Officially Suspends PPVs   Report: ROH Officially Suspends PPVs EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 2:13 pm

I've not seen a ROH PPV since that one you posted around Feb time
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

Location : Barnsley Number of posts : 2244 Favourite Wrestler : Big Daddy Smile

PostSubject: Re: Report: ROH Officially Suspends PPVs   Report: ROH Officially Suspends PPVs EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 3:08 pm

Yeah no one's been uploading them to the net, Id love to do that myself but it's a lot of messing about involved with splitting the vid's then the upload time, downloading is the best source of ROH show's.

They normally up the PPVs a week after the PPV aired, which is about 2 month after the event but Caged Collission weren't up for ages, and when it did get upped there was a Rhett Titus match missing, which made me very upset...
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Report: ROH Officially Suspends PPVs   Report: ROH Officially Suspends PPVs EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 4:39 pm

Seems to be difficult to get ROH stuff even on the torrent sites at the moment. Seen a post on XWT from one of the usual uploaders basically saying he's set up his own site to distribute but it requires users to pay for it. Needless to say he's been slaughtered by some other folk on there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report: ROH Officially Suspends PPVs   Report: ROH Officially Suspends PPVs Empty

Back to top Go down

Report: ROH Officially Suspends PPVs
Page 1 of 1