Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Rey leaving too?

Go down 
+8
thegunman84
Grecian
InvincibleIleak
Doomhammer
madmax
Brandon Buchanan
Discopants
the-gaffer
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Rey leaving too? Empty
PostSubject: Rey leaving too?   Rey leaving too? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 12:50 am

Quote :
Credit: F4WOnline.com

Dave Meltzer is reporting that Rey Mysterio was not at the WWE's TV tapings this week. According to Meltzer, the word going around backstage is that he gave notice and is leaving the company. However, this story has not been confirmed yet and therefore it remains only a rumor. Mysterio is currently still on the lineups for this weekend's house shows.

Big news and bad news if true, not been a Rey fan for years but he has been one of the main stars of the show particularly PPV's throughout 2009
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

Rey leaving too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rey leaving too?   Rey leaving too? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 12:52 am

There's no way anyone can say that if TNA get Umaga, Kennedy, Rey and maybe Jeff Hardy that they can't begin to close in on WWE. If they gained the WCW name too then it could turn out really interesting....

Maybe in his heart of hearts Vinnie just wants another "Monday Night War" Razz
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Rey leaving too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rey leaving too?   Rey leaving too? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 1:02 am

What I would say though is if he is letting so many big names go and as much as I didn't/don't like Kennedy, he is a big name, with those three guys potentially gone along with Michaels and The Undertaker off TV and Batista injured, you'd think all that springs to mind is a combining of the rosters

I'm hoping Rey is just selling his angle with Jericho, you have to think though if its true that he was totally against being un-masked at Extreme Rulez, I'm surprised Jericho would have went along with it though if he really didn't want to do it.

SmackDown! could be in for a big hit, Umaga, Rey, Jeff possibly, with Kane and The Undertaker off TV, it would only leave Jericho Edge and Punk, their is absolutely no one else on the roster ready for the serious main event push at this point in time, and I include Morrison in that
Back to top Go down
Brandon Buchanan
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Brandon Buchanan

Location : Edinburgh Number of posts : 501 Favourite Wrestler : Raven

Rey leaving too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rey leaving too?   Rey leaving too? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 1:06 am

Discopants wrote:
There's no way anyone can say that if TNA get Umaga, Kennedy, Rey and maybe Jeff Hardy that they can't begin to close in on WWE. If they gained the WCW name too then it could turn out really interesting....

Certainly going about it in the right way anyway!

I'll be gutted if TNA uses the WCW name though and would prefer it to be a separate entity! 8)
Back to top Go down
Brandon Buchanan
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Brandon Buchanan

Rey leaving too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rey leaving too?   Rey leaving too? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 1:10 am

Kay Fabe wrote:
What I would say though is if he is letting so many big names go and as much as I didn't/don't like Kennedy, he is a big name, with those three guys potentially gone along with Michaels and The Undertaker off TV and Batista injured, you'd think all that springs to mind is a combining of the rosters

I'm hoping Rey is just selling his angle with Jericho, you have to think though if its true that he was totally against being un-masked at Extreme Rulez, I'm surprised Jericho would have went along with it though if he really didn't want to do it.

SmackDown! could be in for a big hit, Umaga, Rey, Jeff possibly, with Kane and The Undertaker off TV, it would only leave Jericho Edge and Punk, their is absolutely no one else on the roster ready for the serious main event push at this point in time, and I include Morrison in that

To be fair, would a combinantion of the 2 rosters be all that bad a thing?! I've read that McMahon has been wanting to get rid of Smackdown for a while so it could well be the case!

As for the Rey unmasking, totally uncalled for and should only have been done by another Lucha Libre guy, if it actually had to be done at all! (I didn't agree with it in WCW either!)
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Rey leaving too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rey leaving too?   Rey leaving too? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 1:13 am

Brandon Buchanan wrote:
Kay Fabe wrote:

To be fair, would a combinantion of the 2 rosters be all that bad a thing?! I've read that McMahon has been wanting to get rid of Smackdown for a while so it could well be the case!

As for the Rey unmasking, totally uncalled for and should only have been done by another Lucha Libre guy, if it actually had to be done at all! (I didn't agree with it in WCW either!)

I'm not so sure if it would be a bad thing or not, I wanted an end to it a while ago, but when I look at the RAW main event scene I think I can see what a combined roster would look like anyway, so I love watching SD to see 'better' guys get a chance rather than crowd pleasers
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Rey leaving too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rey leaving too?   Rey leaving too? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 1:14 am

Brandon Buchanan wrote:
Discopants wrote:

Certainly going about it in the right way anyway!

I'll be gutted if TNA uses the WCW name though and would prefer it to be a separate entity! 8)

I wouldn't mind TNA turning into WCW although they would need to re-locate move to a 4 sided ring and have a serious change to the bookers, agents and the writers for the show.

Hogan/Bischoff and Carter/Jarrett

Hire some ROH guys along with the top talent in TNA, get some Mexicans in, and more on the indy guys

Anyway, I think most of the guys in TNA would probably be guys who would be WCW just now anyway
Back to top Go down
madmax
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
madmax

Number of posts : 122

Rey leaving too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rey leaving too?   Rey leaving too? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 1:34 am

If this is true and rey does go then it's goning be a big blow with the latin dempographic he pulls in.

With all these guys going around the same time these is the prefect oppurtunity for tna to take advantage and bring them in. Id love see some sort of invasion angle with the wwe guys goin in together not sure how exactly how it would work but theres lots of exciting possibilities. Fans soley of wwe would be alot more likley to tune in if they heard a load of wwe guys had turnt up.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Rey leaving too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rey leaving too?   Rey leaving too? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 1:42 am

Could you imagine Rey, Kennedy and Umaga all turning up together on iMPACT! the place would be electric, also, add Jeff to that as the leader then the place would explode, ratings would be through the roof
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
Doomhammer

Number of posts : 329

Rey leaving too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rey leaving too?   Rey leaving too? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 3:31 am

call them NWO 2.0.

it rhymes and it would make sense if they were becoming WCW
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

Rey leaving too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rey leaving too?   Rey leaving too? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 6:29 am

Very dissapointed, Rey has started to impress me every week. TNA could hit the jackpot here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Rey leaving too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rey leaving too?   Rey leaving too? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 8:45 am

Rey's been the best WWE performer of the year for me so far this year, starting at the Rumble, through the Elimination Chamber at No Way Out, his epic match at Wrestlemania (actually scratch that one), he's been faultless.

Can't see WWE agreeing to release him though, not as he signed a new contract not so long ago.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

Rey leaving too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rey leaving too?   Rey leaving too? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 9:48 am

If Rey were leaving, I don't think it would be for TNA. He was being offered huge amounts of money to go to Mexico just before he signed his new contract, so that's probably where he would be more likely to go.

Not been a patch on how he was in WCW during his time in WWE, and he was getting worse the last few years. From what I've seen of him this year though he has improved a bit. Still not back to the level of his glory days, but enough to put on good matches on a regular basis.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Rey leaving too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rey leaving too?   Rey leaving too? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 11:23 am

To be fair though, injuries have taken is toll on him, added to that the WWE's resistance to allow moves and hold back certain move-sets then I think what you've seen from Rey this year is as good as it gets
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

Rey leaving too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rey leaving too?   Rey leaving too? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 1:00 pm

would be good its if is selling the reaction of having his mask removed, to draw in the internet posse into a storyline like gaffer said in one post.
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

Rey leaving too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rey leaving too?   Rey leaving too? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 1:10 pm

It could be great news for TNA if Rey signs 3 big name wrestlers made available in the space of 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Dr. Oznog
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
Dr. Oznog

Location : Deepest, Darkest Africa Number of posts : 119 Favourite Wrestler : Ric Flair, Steve Austin, Chris Benoit, Mick Foley, Stan Hansen, Vader, Dr. Death, Terry Gordy, Raven, Dean Malenko, Mr. Perfect, Ricky Steamboat, Ted DiBiase, Randy Savage

Rey leaving too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rey leaving too?   Rey leaving too? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 7:05 pm

Doomhammer wrote:
call them NWO 2.0.

it rhymes and it would make sense if they were becoming WCW

It's big news if it's true that Rey is leaving, if Rey, Kennedy and Umaga show up on Impact and they make a big deal out of it (and it would be) it could get some real attention. As for Jeff, I think he's likely to resign with WWE.

-------ranty ranty rant-------

As for talk of TNA acquiring the WCW name and having a stable called NWO 2.0, these things are not possible, who owns them? Vince McMahon. The rise and fall of WCW DVD is on it's way incase you hadn't noticed. Vince may never give WCW the acknowledgement is deserves as a force in The Monday Night Wars, but he'll give it enough to still make money off it.

And remember, at several times TNA have had founding members of the original nWo on their roster (Nash, Hall and they had a cup of coffee with Hogan) and members of later versions (Syxx, Buff Bagwell, Konnan, Randy Savage, Scott Steiner, Sting, Lex Luger, Glenn Gilberti (Disco Inferno), Ron and Don Harris) on the roster as well and they have NEVER used the nWo name, and never will because it is the property of WWE.
Also, It's been 13 years since the nWo came along, but it's only been 7 years since they were on our TV. D-Generation X, arguably WWE's most successful faction ever, were an nWo rip-off and they occasionaly pop up on screen today. During the nWo's heyday, there were also parodies (Blue World Order, J.O.B. Squad) and today it continues with the Juggalo World order and even the Main Event Mafia, which has obvious influences by the nWo (Angle is the only member who has not been in some incarnation of the nWo). What could any new formation of the nWo do that hasn't already been done? I want the next big thing in wrestling, not the last thing shined up to look new.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

Rey leaving too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rey leaving too?   Rey leaving too? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 8:17 pm

Have you not seen the thread where WWE are thinking of selling all their WCW stuff? TNA are said to be interested.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Oznog
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
Dr. Oznog

Location : Deepest, Darkest Africa Number of posts : 119 Favourite Wrestler : Ric Flair, Steve Austin, Chris Benoit, Mick Foley, Stan Hansen, Vader, Dr. Death, Terry Gordy, Raven, Dean Malenko, Mr. Perfect, Ricky Steamboat, Ted DiBiase, Randy Savage

Rey leaving too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rey leaving too?   Rey leaving too? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 8:54 pm

invincibleILeak wrote:
Have you not seen the thread where WWE are thinking of selling all their WCW stuff? TNA are said to be interested.

No haven't seen it, haven't seen that on any of the news sites I read either. I can't see why they'd want to sell, it's not costing them any money to own it. Infact it's the opposite, they make money off the name through DVD's and their 24/7 or classics on demand service. My point is both WCW and the nWo are dead and I'd prefer if they left it that way. They need to build their own brand name, not buy one that was tainted years ago.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

Rey leaving too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rey leaving too?   Rey leaving too? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 8:55 pm

Check out the news section, not sure how reliable it is. They might not be losing money but apparently DVD sales are low and aren't making enough, and would get a buck selling it.

It's just rumor I guess though.
Back to top Go down
Brandon Buchanan
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Brandon Buchanan

Rey leaving too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rey leaving too?   Rey leaving too? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 11:02 pm

Dr. Oznog wrote:
point is both WCW and the nWo are dead and I'd prefer if they left it that way.

I don't and am still gutted that what I grew up watching is no longer here! So while everyone I knew grew up loving the Ultimate Warrior and Hogan, I had posters of Barry Windham, Ricky Steamboat and Flyin' Brian on my wall! Sad

I seriously doubt that there is a bigger WCW fan on this board than me and my hope has been upped with the news that there may be a chance that McMahon is willing to sell the rights to it.

Saying that, I completely agree with TNA not buying up the WCW name and would be furious if that happened.

I WANT A BRAND NEW WCW! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Dr. Oznog
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
Dr. Oznog

Rey leaving too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rey leaving too?   Rey leaving too? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 12:36 am

Brandon Buchanan wrote:
Dr. Oznog wrote:
point is both WCW and the nWo are dead and I'd prefer if they left it that way.

I don't and am still gutted that what I grew up watching is no longer here! So while everyone I knew grew up loving the Ultimate Warrior and Hogan, I had posters of Barry Windham, Ricky Steamboat and Flyin' Brian on my wall! Sad

I seriously doubt that there is a bigger WCW fan on this board than me and my hope has been upped with the news that there may be a chance that McMahon is willing to sell the rights to it.

Saying that, I completely agree with TNA not buying up the WCW name and would be furious if that happened.

I WANT A BRAND NEW WCW! Twisted Evil

hehe don't take it the wrong way, I miss WCW, but I don't miss what it was at the end, if anything, it was a relief when McMahon bought it. And then a major dissapointment when he jobbed it out so quickly. Now I think it's best to just remember the good times and let it be. No matter who bought the rights to WCW, they can't be WCW, it's long gone.

ALTHOUGH! Time Warner and AOL are splitting aren't they? Their merger was what ultimately brought about the end of WCW as we know it. I know Ted Turner apparently signed some sort of "No compete" contract when he sold WCW to McMahon, but that must be up soon if not already. Could it be the someday soon McMahon will get another call from Ted to tell him he's once again in the "wrasslin" business? Come on Uncle Ted, wrestling needs you! taking th piss out o
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Rey leaving too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rey leaving too?   Rey leaving too? EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 11:53 am

I questioned that thread myself, it wasn't news as such, I think it was more just someones wild immagination

Anyway if Vince did ever decide to sell the rights to the WCW name he would never sell the WCW library, not in my opinion anyway
Back to top Go down
jlewallen
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
jlewallen

Location : alabama Number of posts : 325 Favourite Wrestler : randy orton, christan, jeff hardy

Rey leaving too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rey leaving too?   Rey leaving too? EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 6:33 am

i hope this is just a rumour
Back to top Go down
Brandon Buchanan
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Brandon Buchanan

Rey leaving too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rey leaving too?   Rey leaving too? EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 11:06 am

Kay Fabe wrote:
I questioned that thread myself, it wasn't news as such, I think it was more just someones wild immagination

Anyway if Vince did ever decide to sell the rights to the WCW name he would never sell the WCW library, not in my opinion anyway

My hope is that he may sell the library but will want a cut of the action and also get to keep the stuff that is on the DVDs that they have already released.

Then only problem I have is that if the quoted figure is $8m then what are you actually going to get for that?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rey leaving too? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rey leaving too?   Rey leaving too? Empty

Back to top Go down

Rey leaving too?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next