Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

When was Wrestling at it's best?

Go down 
+12
Rocky2
MaFish
Brandon Buchanan
Grecian
thegunman84
the-gaffer
Sexton Hardcastle
thedmd
Discopants
boschbourne06
Reaper
Gyro1780
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Gyro1780
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
Gyro1780

When was Wrestling at it's best? Empty
PostSubject: When was Wrestling at it's best?   When was Wrestling at it's best? EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 12:15 pm

Sorry if this has been up before but i'm a newbie & couldn't find it.

When do you think wrestling was at it's best?
I would have to say late 80's early 90's.
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

PostSubject: Re: When was Wrestling at it's best?   When was Wrestling at it's best? EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 12:19 pm

I would have to say during the Attitude era.The Rock, Stone Cold and many others made Raw must see tv.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: When was Wrestling at it's best?   When was Wrestling at it's best? EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 12:36 pm

same here has to be the Attitude Era growing up to that was great so many great storylines and matches
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: When was Wrestling at it's best?   When was Wrestling at it's best? EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 12:45 pm

Late 90's because of amazing WWF, amazing WCW and amazing ECW Smile

What more could you want??
Back to top Go down
thedmd
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
thedmd

Country : When was Wrestling at it's best? UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Location : USA Number of posts : 1151 Favourite Wrestler : Jeff Hardy, Gregory Helms,
Christian, Kenny Omega

PostSubject: Re: When was Wrestling at it's best?   When was Wrestling at it's best? EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 1:40 pm

most defenitly the attitude era, nothing could compair.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: When was Wrestling at it's best?   When was Wrestling at it's best? EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 1:44 pm

I think La Résistance era was best.
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

PostSubject: Re: When was Wrestling at it's best?   When was Wrestling at it's best? EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 1:52 pm

TNA could learn a few things from ECW like not trying to compete with them wheb they don't have the budget.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: When was Wrestling at it's best?   When was Wrestling at it's best? EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 3:09 pm

I loved the period 87-92

Those five years where absolutely brilliant for talent and storyline

However my best year watching Pre Wrestling had to be 1997, absolutely awesome, the WWF where just producing gold week in week out
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: When was Wrestling at it's best?   When was Wrestling at it's best? EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 4:49 pm

From a storyline standpoint it would have to be 96-00, with WWF and WCW constantly trying to one-up each other. From a wrestling standpoint I'd probably say about 02-04.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: When was Wrestling at it's best?   When was Wrestling at it's best? EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 5:51 pm

PPV wise, I'd say last year was stunning for WWE - every PPV was a must-see.

TV wise, Attitude era. WCW and WWE and ECW all making excellent shows, couldn't miss an episode of any of them.
Back to top Go down
Brandon Buchanan
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Brandon Buchanan

Location : Edinburgh Number of posts : 501 Favourite Wrestler : Raven

PostSubject: Re: When was Wrestling at it's best?   When was Wrestling at it's best? EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 6:02 pm

I guess it depends on what you mean. As in a time when you marked out to everything or when the product was at it's best.

As for the first one, it would have to be early 90s WCW - being 9/10 years old, I had no idea what kayfabe was so to me it was the best thing I had ever seen!

However, even by this point knowledgeable of how it all worked, the late 90s were great TV and due to my boys in WCW raising the bar, it meant we got to see PPV-ish matches every week on TV as opposed to when Raw started and they were having a few stars vs jobbers, then a main event with a couple of midcarders etc. (poss. a tad harsh on WWE but to be honest I'm still raging that they got rid of WCW but that's another forthcoming thread altogether!)
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

Location : Barnsley Number of posts : 2244 Favourite Wrestler : Big Daddy Smile

PostSubject: Re: When was Wrestling at it's best?   When was Wrestling at it's best? EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 11:15 pm

All round talent wise, ECW in 1995, we had Raven's gimmick debut with Stevie Richards, Cactus Jack, Mikey Whipwreck, Sandman, Dreamer, Sabu, Taz, New Jack and the Dudley tribe heading up the hardcore rank's, tag division was excellent with all those mentioned above involved, with the Gangstas, Bad Breed, Public Enemy, Melenko and benoit crippling every body, Al Snow in the best matches of his career, Rey, Psicosis, Lance Storm, the Jap's they had coming through, the storyline's were more suited for older fan's (which is why I enjoy it so much these day's), without going over sea's you couldn't get the same mix of talent, gimmick's and story in the US, still cant imo.

If the Attitude Era lacked anything it was the match quality that ECW had, and when WCW stole just about every one mentioned above they didn't pay them the same attention, I mean in the cruiser weight matches of WCW they rarely commented on the match, more of the stories happening else where in the company (like watching an episode of Heat catching up on the stories, complete waste) while Joey Styles wasn't only doing a stand up job calling the action and focusing on it, he did it solo, I mean how gangsta is Joey Styles? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: When was Wrestling at it's best?   When was Wrestling at it's best? EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 11:24 pm

Sorry for going off topic and feel free to delete this post afterwards but MaFish, can you please check the DVD 3 Part 11 and 12 links on the Saturday Night Main Event DVD thread I just set up in the WWE Media section. I'm not sure if they actually work (as in if they actually take you to a Part 11 and 12) and I can't check as my Yousportz is playing up. Needed to get your attention on here as I can't send PM's. Again sorry to the creator of this thread.
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

PostSubject: Re: When was Wrestling at it's best?   When was Wrestling at it's best? EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 11:39 pm

The part 11 is fine, take's you to a DX bit by look's on the vid, but the part 12 is Raw from Feb lol. http://www.yousportz.com/video/9594/Saturday-Night-Main-Event--DVD-III--12
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: When was Wrestling at it's best?   When was Wrestling at it's best? EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 12:07 pm

Thanks, would have checked myself, but yousportz has been unbelievable slow for me these past couple of weeks and I couldn't be bothered waiting for at least another half an hour to check two videos.
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

PostSubject: Re: When was Wrestling at it's best?   When was Wrestling at it's best? EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Gotta be the era i started watching wrestling, the attitude era, just thee perfect roster you could imagine, couldn't get enough of it, still now when i watch i wish they'd keep the sort of attitude towards wrestling promotions, more of a family friendly money making thing going on now, suppose you gotta move with the times but the attitude era was awsome for me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When was Wrestling at it's best?   When was Wrestling at it's best? EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 3:27 pm

for me it was around 96/97 because thats when i started watching wrestling.thankfully i never watched it around hulkamania era
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: When was Wrestling at it's best?   When was Wrestling at it's best? EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 5:22 pm

Rocky wrote:
Thanks, would have checked myself, but yousportz has been unbelievable slow for me these past couple of weeks and I couldn't be bothered waiting for at least another half an hour to check two videos.

I have not got a clue whats wrong with YouSportz either, I can't watch anything on it at all, been like that for a few weeks now, it takes far to long to load
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

PostSubject: Re: When was Wrestling at it's best?   When was Wrestling at it's best? EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 6:09 pm

It used to be like that all the time for me when I was streaming from it. One of the reason's I just gave up on YS. Was either slow as fuck, or it'd give me viruses lol.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: When was Wrestling at it's best?   When was Wrestling at it's best? EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 6:18 pm

I've never had a problem with it at all and thought it was the best of all the streaming sites I use, its only lately its started to get really slow
Back to top Go down
rocky25
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
rocky25

Number of posts : 103

PostSubject: Re: When was Wrestling at it's best?   When was Wrestling at it's best? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 4:11 pm

i will say in the 90´s
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: When was Wrestling at it's best?   When was Wrestling at it's best? EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 4:19 pm

What part of the 90's?

What made it so special during that period?

Who did you prefer to watch during that time?
Back to top Go down
RD25
Backyard Wrestler
Backyard Wrestler
RD25

Number of posts : 94 Favourite Wrestler : Kane, Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, AJ Styles.

PostSubject: Re: When was Wrestling at it's best?   When was Wrestling at it's best? EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 1:16 am

The WWE was at it's best when it had competition, in WCW ever since then there's been no need for anyone to try that bit harder because the WWE know it's the only choice we've got, especially since TNA have gone backwards.
Back to top Go down
manvydasss
Wide eyed child watching his first Wrestlemania
manvydasss

Number of posts : 9 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels,Bret Hart,Chris Jericho Triple H,edge and cristian

PostSubject: Re: When was Wrestling at it's best?   When was Wrestling at it's best? EmptyThu Jun 18, 2009 9:39 pm

i Think in Late 80s and 90s and 2000,2001,2002,2003 wrestling was the best Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When was Wrestling at it's best?   When was Wrestling at it's best? Empty

Back to top Go down

When was Wrestling at it's best?
Page 1 of 1