Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

RAW was wrestling!

Go down 
+3
ECW is 'Air-Bourne'
madmax
the-gaffer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

RAW was wrestling! Empty
PostSubject: RAW was wrestling!   RAW was wrestling! EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:51 am

Watched the show last night, thought it was pretty good, it was also very wrestling heavy although granted that was down to two particular matches.

their was 52 minutes of wrestling on last nights RAW (granted their was two add breaks in their during two of those matches) but it was still a nice change, they also helped build Backlash so it wasn't like the WWE totally forgot about it

John Cena vs Chris Jericho was almost TV match of the year, really annoyed about the finish but it was one decent finish away from being TV match of the year in my opinion

Triple H vs Randy Orton had a much more enjoyable match than they did at WrestleMania
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
madmax
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
madmax

Number of posts : 122

RAW was wrestling! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW was wrestling!   RAW was wrestling! EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 2:01 pm

Yeh i thought raw was very good. They always seem to spend more time on actual wrestling when over here and i thought jericho cena was awsome for tv bar the finish but i suppose it keeps them both strong.

The mainevent was good to they needed a brutal match like that wm25 and i can defiantley see some sort swerve from batista or shane at backlash
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

RAW was wrestling! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW was wrestling!   RAW was wrestling! EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 3:05 pm

I thought a Jericho win was long overdue, I think last night was the first ever match between those two that Cena didn't win
Back to top Go down
ECW is 'Air-Bourne'
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
ECW is 'Air-Bourne'

Location : Nottingham Number of posts : 160 Favourite Wrestler : Evan Bourne
Chris Jericho
Daniel Bryan
John Morrison

RAW was wrestling! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW was wrestling!   RAW was wrestling! EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 6:24 pm

I thought the show was very good and the Cena-Jericho match was superb. I loved how a lot of the crowd were cheering for Y2J not Cena and even Cole and Lawler picked up on it. That match got the biggest reaction of the night and although i understand Edge coming out to attack Cena, a clean finish (either way) would've made the match immense.

There were a couple of points where i genuinely thought one or other of them had it won (Jericho Codebreaker and Cena STF) which is always good - a very enjoyable match adn you know what Cena's growing on me!

Orton-HHH was also an improvement on Mania and while i used to find the Legacy interferences annoying, i'm really starting to like them. It's still infuriating that Shane seems to be put on the same level as the superstars and his pathetic punches are supposedly eqivalent to Ali at his peak but the manic finish was needed for this match. With this ending, there's even more reason to make Cena-Jericho end clean but oh well can't be too unhappy.

All in all a very good Raw - can't wait to watch ECW tomorrow now!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

RAW was wrestling! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW was wrestling!   RAW was wrestling! EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 6:27 pm

I actually marked when Jericho countered the Attitude Adjuster and hit the code breaker, it wasn't until the camera panned out and I saw he wasn't going for a quick pin did I realise he wasn't going to get the pin

I was raging when Cena locked in the STF

I hate seeing genuine talent have to tap out to that BS, although the end was really horrible, still don't understand what Jericho was actually trying to set him up for
Back to top Go down
KentWrestlingLegend
Intercontinental Champion
Intercontinental Champion

Location : Kent Number of posts : 774 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton, LAX

RAW was wrestling! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW was wrestling!   RAW was wrestling! EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 6:28 pm

Thought it was a good show, especially cena/jericho and orton/hhh. Matches before that were poor though imo.

My highlight though was booing cena out the building!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

RAW was wrestling! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW was wrestling!   RAW was wrestling! EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 6:30 pm

the match quality wasn't great apart from the big two but the big two particularly the Cena/Jericho match was a cut above, Cena has been doing well in recent weeks, last week I thought he had the match of the night with Swagger and Jericho and him had match of the night last night
Back to top Go down
ECW is 'Air-Bourne'
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
ECW is 'Air-Bourne'

Location : Nottingham Number of posts : 160 Favourite Wrestler : Evan Bourne
Chris Jericho
Daniel Bryan
John Morrison

RAW was wrestling! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW was wrestling!   RAW was wrestling! EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 6:37 pm

I'm really starting to enjoy watching Cena and at the very least you've got to admire the guy's strength. I'm not a big fan of the whole 'superman' Cena but Jesus Christ the guy is strong - fair play to him. The matches bar the 'big' 2 weren't great but those 2 made up for it. Once Hardy, MVP etc start competing the midcard matches will be a lot better i reckon.

Gaffer - i was going nuts when Jericho hit the Codebreaker, loved it (and when Orton hit his RKO as well to be fair). Two of my favourite finishers right there but i did think once Jericho took an age to pin, Cena would kick out. Equally when Cena adjusted Jericho's attitude Laughing the time between move and pin let me know Jericho would kick out.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

RAW was wrestling! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW was wrestling!   RAW was wrestling! EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 8:25 pm

I thought it was an excellent Raw.

i enjoy the British crowd as they seem much more alive than the Americans, and I love the football style chants they use.

I thought Jericho vs. Cena was very good and I for the last few months I think Cena has improved immensly. I thought it was quite funny that Cena was booed, but wished he would have reacted to it more. I think when he went for the Five Knuckle Shuffle he should have done the wave thing to the crowd. If anything it might actually get him more over with the american fans.

I liked the punch-off and had the feeling it wasn't planned but the two played off the crowd reactions.

I agree that the STF is a pretty bad move, never mind finishing move. It also doesn't suit Cena at all, I think he should use the Full Nelson, as at the moment it's free, it suits his style and I actually quite like it. As long as they don't play on it as they did with Chris Masters, who eventually did no other move.

I talked about the crowd being great, but was it just me who thought they were kinda dead for the main event? Although it was better than their Mania match up I still got bored during it. Both are slow in the way they wrestle and I thought maybe they would speed up after the beginning but I just felt that it never picked up any pace.

Shane McMahon can not punch! I wish he would stop embarrissing himself by trying, that's the kind of thing wrestling fans get grief for with the whole 'it's fake' argument. My eight year old brother's punches look better than that!

At first I thought it would be Batista who makes Haitch lose the title, but now I can either see Orton not winning, since he beat Triple H, possible CM Punk run in, or Shane McMahon. I think WWE are trying to put us off the scent of Shane by pointing all the fingers at Batista, but at the moment it seems Shane has the most motive. And I reckon he'll attack Batista leaving it three on one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

RAW was wrestling! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW was wrestling!   RAW was wrestling! EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 8:49 pm

Also I was dissapointed not to see Regal, I like him but recently he hasn't been getting any screen time. I thought them being in London he would have had a match but oh well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

RAW was wrestling! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW was wrestling!   RAW was wrestling! EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 9:04 pm

The crowd where excellent for the Jericho/Cena match, I agree the punch off was done off the cuff, they both played to the crowd brilliantly and most of the crowd where dead for the main event, I think that was meant though, most of the IWC are crapping all over this fued now and although last nights match was better than their Mania match it was still the same two guys doing the same things that they are going to do all over again at Backlash

I was thinking about Cena and his finisher last night, I think he could really pull off a Jackhammer, its pretty basic and with Cena's strength I think he could really sell it as a devastating finisher
Back to top Go down
Brandon Buchanan
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Brandon Buchanan

Location : Edinburgh Number of posts : 501 Favourite Wrestler : Raven

RAW was wrestling! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW was wrestling!   RAW was wrestling! EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 10:01 pm

I thought it was definitely one of their best for a while (in terms of putting actual wrestling on their programme!).

I just don't get what folk's problem is with Orton - HHH matches. Maybe it's because I was brought up on early WCW that I prefer watching 2 guys wrestle in a deliberate and methodical way (the working of the leg last night for example) over someone who has to resort to throwing themselves off a ladder or do 10 moves off the top rope just to get a pop! Don't get me wrong I appreciate what these guys do and have marked out on some of the crazy stuff but I guess that's the beauty of it, we all love different things!

For what it's worth I loved the RKO last night! Perfect
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

RAW was wrestling! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW was wrestling!   RAW was wrestling! EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 11:31 pm

The problem with Triple H/Orton matches for me is that no matter what they do they can't change it, all they do is repeat the same old same old, that being said the lead upto Wrestlemania was absolutely brilliant, it was asking for an explosive finish, and what did you get, the slow methodical delibrite match they put on every single time, nothing new, this was WrestleMania, this was the big match everyone wanted to see and the match the WWE tried so hard to sell, it produced nothing
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

RAW was wrestling! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW was wrestling!   RAW was wrestling! EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 12:21 am

Raw was an excellent show the crowd were more alive than anyother Raw i seen in weeks hopefully vince likes there reactions and holds a PPV here

john cena vs jericho was the best match loved the crowd reactions in this match when cena and jericho where trading punches the crowd were like they were at a football match when one team keeps passing leak i agree cena has improved but its no shock looking how much he loves wrestling & the fans

i also enjoyed triple h vs randy orton much better match than there mania match i new legacy would get involved & batista & shane would come down but i thought batista would spear triple h by accident i think shane will turn on triple h & batista probably batista gets in his face about shane doing something wrong they brawl to the back & triple h loses the match
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Sponsored content

RAW was wrestling! Empty
PostSubject: Re: RAW was wrestling!   RAW was wrestling! Empty

Back to top Go down

RAW was wrestling!
Page 1 of 1