Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Wrestling on TV

Go down 
+8
wandos
Hardcore Waffles
Rocky2
InvincibleIleak
hodge13
Sexton Hardcastle
randy-poffo
Mackem
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Wrestling on TV Empty
PostSubject: Wrestling on TV   Wrestling on TV EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 7:13 pm

Bear with me as i'm on my period and I want to have a bitch!

I've come to the conclusion that I don't like watching wrestling on my Laptop. It's not the same. I've just tried to watch Genesis on here (Great work Fergie by the way, keep it up) but i got bored, swithed off and read the results then wished I didn't and I want to watch it. Watching the likes of Impact and Raw etc is ok but a 3 hour show is a bit too long.

WWE have Sky Sports and put their PPV's on Box Office if they aren't on normal sky. TNA need to sort out a TV deal in the UK. Even if it on the Extreme sports channel.

So to the point. Ive recently went up in the world and bought myself a flatscreen samsung TV. Now i'm not the most technically gifted person around so help is needed. What wires do i need to link up Laptop to TV?

Back to top Go down
randy-poffo
TNA debut
TNA debut
randy-poffo

Location : middlesbrough Number of posts : 919 Favourite Wrestler : macho man randy savage

Wrestling on TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling on TV   Wrestling on TV EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 7:56 pm

You might not have to hook you're laptop,does you're TV have a usb port,if it does it should support a usb dongle or an external hard drive should work.

If it does'nt you might have to use a vga cable.

I'm with you on watching wrestling on laptops i prefer to watch them on the tv and always waited for impact to be aired on bravo.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

Wrestling on TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling on TV   Wrestling on TV EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 12:47 am

I now no longer watch wrestling because of this!! I stopped watching wwe when got rid of sky sports I was losing interest in the shows anyway so could not be fooked to watch online. Now tna has gone i dont bother with that either because its not a good enough show to warrant watching online. Proves what I knew anyway, i dont really care for it anymore, but i probably would watch for cheesey light entertainment benefit if they sort out the tv deal. It really does drag on when watched online somehow, just loses all point
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Wrestling on TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling on TV   Wrestling on TV EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 12:51 am

I focused on the first part of your post btw lol. Wonder how much interest is lost in tna without it being on tv, i'd think quite high levels of 'fuck it youre not worth it tna'
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Wrestling on TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling on TV   Wrestling on TV EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 6:12 am

Sexton, to be honest I just wanted to rant about the first part but while typing I thought i'd ask about the TV cables haha.

I agree with people not tuning in to TNA as the can't be arsed to watch online. I think it's good what they have done by puting it on there site for free but i just isn't the same.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Wrestling on TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling on TV   Wrestling on TV EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:23 pm

yeah i wanted to rant too lol. Irony that we're a wrestling media and discussion site but i think everyone is losing interest
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Wrestling on TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling on TV   Wrestling on TV EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 8:41 pm

Loosing intrest in TNA yes but I do think WWE is getting better and keeping people intrested, then again it does help when we are on the countdown to Wrestlemania.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

Wrestling on TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling on TV   Wrestling on TV EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 9:54 pm

i watched Genesis as i was up at the time anyway, loved the ending of it tbh
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

Wrestling on TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling on TV   Wrestling on TV EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 9:54 pm

I'm the same as Sexton, I was losing interest, but still watched, but as soon as I got rid of sky sports I couldn't be arsed watching online, I used to, but it just feels boring, especially when I'm on the computer where I can do loads of other stuff as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

Wrestling on TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling on TV   Wrestling on TV EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:20 pm

Same as Leak and Sexton, I'm losing/have lost interest and can't be arsed to watch online. It's not worth sitting there at your computer going all the filler and recaps for about 20-30 minutes of decent action.

I would like to watch RAW, but being on a Friday afternoon is a shit slot as it is but it's not just that. One week, it could start at 5pm, the next week, it's 3:30pm. That means by the time you actually turn to Sky Sports, there is only half an hour left.
Back to top Go down
Hardcore Waffles
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Hardcore Waffles

Location : Trapped in Matt Hardy's rolls of flab Number of posts : 524 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk
Zack Ryder
Kurt Angle

Wrestling on TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling on TV   Wrestling on TV EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 6:31 pm

The only wrestling i'd watch on TV would be ROH if they got a deal
Back to top Go down
wandos
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
When I grow up I want to be the Rock

Number of posts : 47

Wrestling on TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling on TV   Wrestling on TV EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 12:48 pm

Seeing as no one else has answered Mackem's question, here u go mate. What u need to do first is to check whether ur tv can take a pc connection, easiest way to do this is to flick through the different scarts, so if u were using a ps3 on it chances are u would have to put it on a hdmi setting. If u can't find this just look for the AV button on ur tv remote.

If u have got a pc setting, chances are u will need a cable like this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0000DG4VY/ref=oss_product

Cheap as chips and does the job perfectly just connect 1 end to ur laptop other end to the same tv connection and then select the pc setting, should work fine u will probably find that your sound comes from laptop rather than the tv unless u connect a speaker cable too
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Wrestling on TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling on TV   Wrestling on TV EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 3:51 pm

wandos wrote:
Seeing as no one else has answered Mackem's question, here u go mate. What u need to do first is to check whether ur tv can take a pc connection, easiest way to do this is to flick through the different scarts, so if u were using a ps3 on it chances are u would have to put it on a hdmi setting. If u can't find this just look for the AV button on ur tv remote.

If u have got a pc setting, chances are u will need a cable like this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0000DG4VY/ref=oss_product

Cheap as chips and does the job perfectly just connect 1 end to ur laptop other end to the same tv connection and then select the pc setting, should work fine u will probably find that your sound comes from laptop rather than the tv unless u connect a speaker cable too

Cheers for this. Randy also had a good suggestion which i'm going to look into as well
Back to top Go down
ROmy
Wide eyed child watching his first Wrestlemania
ROmy

Number of posts : 1

Wrestling on TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling on TV   Wrestling on TV EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 7:19 pm

Same as Leak and Sexton, I'm losing/have lost interest and can't be arsed to watch online. It's not worth sitting there at your computer going all the filler and recaps for about 20-30 minutes of decent action.

I would like to watch RAW, but being on a Friday afternoon is a shit slot as it is but it's not just that. One week, it could start at 5pm, the next week, it's 3:30pm. That means by the time you actually turn to Sky Sports, there is only half an hour left.

Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

Wrestling on TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling on TV   Wrestling on TV EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 9:01 pm

ROmy wrote:

Why have you copied my post word for word?
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Wrestling on TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling on TV   Wrestling on TV EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 9:40 pm

taking th piss out o
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

Wrestling on TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling on TV   Wrestling on TV EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 9:43 pm

taking th piss out o claping

EDIT: So Fergie doesn't accuse me of copying his post. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

Wrestling on TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling on TV   Wrestling on TV EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 6:12 pm

I just can't be arsed with it anymore, even if I am up at 2am and their is fuck all on, I still don't bother with it.

As for TNA, I had a look at their last PPV just so I could see(and have a laugh) what Matt Hardy was going to do, "to change the wrestling business forever". But as it turns out his way of "changing the business forever", was to have his hair braided and also..........well......thats pretty much it.

That guy never fails to suck. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Wrestling on TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling on TV   Wrestling on TV EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 8:20 pm

To be fair to WWE, I am liking the way they are beginning to push the younger guys who have been there for a while such as Miz and Ziggler. Sheamus's 6 month monster push should remain a one off and I hope Del Rio doesn't become champion too soon.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Wrestling on TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling on TV   Wrestling on TV EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 8:58 pm

Del Rio will become Champion over the summer.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

Wrestling on TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling on TV   Wrestling on TV EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:56 pm

Rocky wrote:
To be fair to WWE, I am liking the way they are beginning to push the younger guys who have been there for a while such as Miz and Ziggler..

They maybe pushing the younger guys now, but when wrestlemania comes around, it will be the same old faces that will be in the main event, because neither of those will be in a singles match for a world title( at WM this year), guarantee.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wrestling on TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling on TV   Wrestling on TV Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling on TV
Page 1 of 1