Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Where now for CM Punk?

Go down 
+4
thegunman84
the-gaffer
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
InvincibleIleak
8 posters
AuthorMessage
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

Where now for CM Punk? Empty
PostSubject: Where now for CM Punk?   Where now for CM Punk? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 6:42 pm

At Wrestlemania CM Punk broke another record, after being the quickest grand slam champion of all time, and now he's the only person to have won MitB twice and in consecutive years. I think WWE are showing how much they think of him.

His first world title reign was booked very weakly, but I felt he was maybe thrown into the deep end too soon. He didn't have much experience main evented WWE, never mind Raw, but no matter what happened WWE still made him world champion, and he won defences. Which is a good sign.

I think we'll see Punk move in the draft this year as I think MVP will go to Raw and this leaves a spot for Punk to fit nicely into on Smackdown. I want to see him hold on to his briefcase for a long time, to give time for him to gather some momentum. A feud with a top heel, Jericho maybe? to get him truly over with the fans before a shock heel-turn and cashing in the money in the bank.

There are only two people I think Punk could turn on to get the best heel reaction; Shawn Michaels and Undertaker. Although I think Shawn Michaels and Punk would have better matches, if Punk is to be on SD the best option would be for the Undertaker. I would love to see him take out Undertaker who was in a world title match and then win the title, it would get him some massive heat IMO.

At the moment CM Punk is fast growing as one of my favourites in WWE, I think he's good in the ring. He can do spots, he can sell moves well and he has an interesting moveset. Best of all he hasn't been forced into WWE style entirley. He's unique, he has a good gimmick going and a lot of potential for it to grow.

CM Punk could be 2010 biggest star!
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)

Location : Norwich Number of posts : 2354 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Where now for CM Punk?   Where now for CM Punk? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 6:52 pm

I think that Punk will have to be drafted over to Smackdown to build up again before cashing it in. Although, i can't see MVP moving over to RAW to move up to the Main Event.

I think a heel turn is a must though, some of his heel work in RoH was great and a year or two on Smackdown building as a heel with a solid title run will allow him to become a really good Main Eventer.

I can see why they think so much of him, in his first title run he showed glimpses of a good future but was booked poorly. Obviously last year he wasnt booked to win MitB, i think that was Hardy and i think last year was the year where he was supposed to have been built up. He is ready now i think and im looking forward to this run with the case more so that last year.

I dont agree with you about him having to turn on HBK or Undertaker though, i think that he could turn on the fans becoming a heel through talking rather than coming out and low blowing someone. He has the ability.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenwf.niceboard.net
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Where now for CM Punk?   Where now for CM Punk? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 6:56 pm

Really looking forward to seeing what they plan on doing with CM Punk, I think this was always the plan for Punk, obviously last year they went for him when Jeff messed it up and possibly rushed him through it, however at least now he has tasted the gold and knows whats expected of him.

I'd like to see him drafted to SmackDown too, I think he would have some pretty good matches with both Hardy's as well as Edge (if he stays) and possibly Jericho (if he's drafted) although I'm not sure if he will be drafted, most who are the winners or holders of the MitB case are usually on RAW with the odd exception.

I really think CM Punk could have a massive heel turn on SmackDown! and cash it in on John Cena after Cena defends in an epic match, Punk could then claim that he is straight edge and basically use his heel character from ROH to get over completely, it would be perfect for entering into a feud over the title with Jeff Hardy who Punk could claim he dispises due to his total lack of repsect for himself and the business.

I'm disappointed Punk won the MitB last night, I felt their was at least two more deserving in Shelton and MVP and my personal favourite Christian could have been so much better with so many more options available to him, Punk has been in that role and I feel he didn't need another MitB to get to that level, particularly since he didn't actually lose the strap.

Whatever happens it will be interesting though

I am hoping that Edge, Triple H and The Undertaker all deflect to RAW in the Draft with MVP and Cena, Jericho, Punk and Christian take their place, they might not be as big a draws combined as the four that would leave however I believe they would take the entertainment levels up a couple of notches which in turn might infact make them more of a draw!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Where now for CM Punk?   Where now for CM Punk? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 6:58 pm

Also, I think it would be nice to see Punk hang on to the case for around 6 months or so, maybe to Survivor Series
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: Where now for CM Punk?   Where now for CM Punk? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 8:24 pm

Well hopefully this is the time they have somebody lose with their shot. They've already had Punk win the title with his shot last year, and I hate it when things like this essentially become guaranteed title wins rather than shots, it just makes things really predictable. The Rumble was the same way for a good few years there too, but thankfully they've rectified that situation.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Where now for CM Punk?   Where now for CM Punk? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 8:55 pm

Thats a point I made on Orton losing last night, in a way although I'd like to see the strap on him having him lose after winning the Rumble is not something that happens very often
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Where now for CM Punk?   Where now for CM Punk? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 10:15 pm

I must be the only one, but I was actually pleased with CM Punk winning the Money in the Bank. I couldn't see it coming, in fact before the event I completly wiped the idea of Punk winning it from my mind. All through the match I was watching and any minute I expected MVP or Benjamin or even Christian to take it.

Now all of those could have used the Money in the Bank, but IMO so does Punk. I think he suffered from his first world title run and this would have hindered him getting back into it through a more 'natural' way.

Where as Benjamin and MVP would be fresh to the main event and I think in this way they can get in through a better route i.e. winning streak, beating a big name. Something I would prefer they did rather than winning the MitB.

I didn't want Christian to win the Money in the Bank match as I really want to see him go step by step up the ladder until he reaches the top, rather than taking a 'shortcut' with the Money in the Bank.

I also think CM Punk fits with Money in the Bank, just like Edge did/does. Benjamin and MVP would look okay with the briefcase but I don't think it's the right fit for them, I also think Benjamin and MVP should turn or remain face, where as the briefcase gives the perfect oppurtunity for a Punk heel turn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Where now for CM Punk?   Where now for CM Punk? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 10:20 pm

I would hope he could fued with someone over the case and keep it, building him up as a serious strong contender who will be hard to beat when he choses to cash it in, then have him be the first to lose the match after cashing it in then he can turn heel and try to steal the title that he thinks should be his, after emotion building up from losing out to orton when he was took out, the highs of winning the MITB again only to have his dream shattered again.

then he can knee the fuck out of anyone in his way
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Where now for CM Punk?   Where now for CM Punk? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 1:25 am

Talking about not looking right for it, I don't think Punk looks right for it at all, he looks a total mess, last year I was embarrassed when I saw him all the time, he would come out, greasy hair, scruffy T-Shirt and a pair of short trunks with loads of tattoos with his face covered in piercings, the briefcase hardly fits his character, and the idea of 'the Straight Edge' taking a short cut like last year doesn't cut it for me for his character
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

PostSubject: Re: Where now for CM Punk?   Where now for CM Punk? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 9:06 am

I'd like for him to be given a 'makeover' for when he eventually does turn heel. Along the lines of what WWE did a few years back with the Corporation and what TNA have done with MEM.
Have him cash the MITB on Cena using dirty tactics then the following week come out with short hair, clean shaven, business suit etc perhaps even allied up with Jericho who went through a similar transformation when he turned heel (although he'd already undergone the hair chop).
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Where now for CM Punk?   Where now for CM Punk? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 10:13 am

randy orton will win the title soon i think orton will hold on to the title for some time before CM Punk comes down and cashes it in on him to win the title off him and getting revenge on him costing his first world title i think this could lead to a great feud and a good match

i think the world heavyweight championship has been set up for batista to return and face john cena for the second time leaving edge and big show to fight for vickie
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Where now for CM Punk?   Where now for CM Punk? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 11:28 am

It would be good storyline continuation if CM Punk cashed it in on Randy Orton however I think I'd rather see a heel turn from Punk, he has basically done all their is to do as a face at this moment in time, now its time to be a heel, he is a natural at it

I fear the worst with regards to Batista and Cena, I think they are absolutely desperate to have this match at Mania but with Batista possibly calling a time line on his career they might bring it forward which wasn't entertaining as an undercard fued without the title last year so with the title will be even less watchable!
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Where now for CM Punk?   Where now for CM Punk? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 1:50 pm

I thought punk was going to cash it in last night and rattle cena with the case after the tag match, he just looked at him then held the case like he was going to rattle him with it, i wanted him to do it too Sad
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Where now for CM Punk?   Where now for CM Punk? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 3:29 pm

I saw that, as soon as Lawler mentioned it though I knew it wasn't going to happen.

It'd be nice now if they start teasing that from Punk before he finally does it, he would need to be really sneaky about it though if they plan would be to turn him heel, because Punk has a huge IWC fan base and if he just went out and won the match after Cena had a match then the fans would probably back Punk, he would need to lay him out big time with the case before getting the quick pin
Back to top Go down
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)

Location : Norwich Number of posts : 2354 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Where now for CM Punk?   Where now for CM Punk? EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 4:33 pm

Just read from some RAW live notes that CM Punk (and Cena Rolling Eyes ) were booed when a Mania recap package was shown on the titantron.

Im not sure if this is because he just isnt that popular anymore or because people are bitter that he won MitB when there were, in some peoples eyes, better choices in there.

Surely if this continues a heel turn will be necessary. You cant push a guy into the main event as a face when he isnt liked by the fans.

I too saw him glancing at Cena and heard Lawler mention it, i so desperately wanted him to crack him over the head. Think that may be the way they go with him, sticking him in tag matches with a champion every so often, teasing it for weeks and months, then getting a sneaky pin would build him over as a great heel (so long as it was over a face champion)

Defiantly more hopeful about this MitB run that last years.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenwf.niceboard.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where now for CM Punk?   Where now for CM Punk? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where now for CM Punk?
Page 1 of 1