Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record

Go down 
+2
feяgie22
the-gaffer
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record Empty
PostSubject: TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record   TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 12:38 am

Quote :
The same week that WWE RAW drew its best rating since 2007, the 2/19 edition of TNA iMPACT! did 1.33 cable rating with 1.9 million viewers, the show's biggest audience ever. The previous record was a 1.24 with 1.8 million viewers. Last night's main event featured Kurt Angle vs. Sting in an "empty arena" match.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record   TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 2:41 am

Does that count the folk who had to stand outside and watch the main event?
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record   TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 3:32 am

Like I said on a previous thread gaffer, TNA is starting to draw in more viewers as of late, which is good news for them. Even though some of the recent shows have been pretty poor, guess it's worked for WWE for long enough.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record   TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 3:34 am

wwe is shit hot right now though, so maybe fans who used to watch wwe are tuning in to both to see what wrestling is like these days.

ifso then wwe will win those fans and alot of them will dismiss tna as shit, like i do Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record   TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 3:34 am

in essence, its wrestling season and wwe are miles upon miles ahead in entertainment currently

this is when tna should be putting on their best shows ever
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record   TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 7:19 am

King Sexton wrote:
wwe is shit hot right now though, so maybe fans who used to watch wwe are tuning in to both to see what wrestling is like these days.

ifso then wwe will win those fans and alot of them will dismiss tna as shit, like i do Laughing

Sexton, that right there is the answer

The WWE is really making the effort, I don't think its a surprise that the week iMPACT is up and got its best ever viewing figure is the same week that RAW do a rating that they have been dreaming of for a long time, casual wrestling fans are getting there fix now, and as long as RAW keeps doing what its doing, ECW iMPACT and SD will all see numbers rise
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record   TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 11:43 am

I don't really know if I buy that theory, TNA have been doing higher than usual ratings since Bound For Glory, and if it was a case of casual viewers just tuning in for a look, then why would they stick with it for months unless there was something there that caught their interest?
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record   TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 1:07 pm

I think with Wrestlemania coming up it creates interest in all wrestling, not just WWE. And more viewers seem to be sticking with TNA too.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record   TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 1:30 pm

I would well and truly buy that theory, I think its a tad naive the believe that the week RAW do the best ratings in over a year most of those same casual viewers aren't tuning in to see any high profile wrestling that is available!

TNA had there lowest ratings in a long time only two or three weeks ago

Last edited by the-gaffer on Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record   TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 1:33 pm

I expect TNA's ratings to drop soon though, unless they are prepared to start producing good a decent standard of show, the WWE's FOURTH show will air on a Thursday night after Mania and will no doubt take some viewers away from TNA
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

PostSubject: Re: TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record   TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 1:41 pm

4th show?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record   TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 1:50 pm

SuperStars is making a return!

Its likely that a lot of guys who don't get much TV time on RAW and SmackDown! will be on it but its been earmarked for some bigger names to appear as well to help build it, it will be taped before RAW the night after WrestleMania
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record   TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 1:57 pm

Yes they have occassionally dropped to a 1.0 during that period gaffer, but for the most part have been doing 1.2s. That would suggest that people are giving it a go, and liking what they see. I think the times they dropped to 1.0 was when they were head to head with a big NFL game.

And WWE are doing a 4th show? So it's the return of Velocity or something like that? Don't think it'll harm TNA's ratings much apart from possibly the first few weeks. TNA didn't lose any viewers when it went head to head with ECW a while ago.
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record   TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 1:59 pm

Dunno why they stopped Heat if the same thing with a different name is coming back.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record   TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 2:28 pm

I think it will harm TNA's ratings, maybe not by much but enough to push it down, as for a head to head with iMPACT and TNA, did they actually collide? I always thought ECW where 8to9 and iMPACT was shown at 9to10

I'm not so sure iMPACT became the reason they moved ECW, one they got a new deal showing it live and a Tuesday Night slot became easier since they where taping SD after it and the NFL games where damaging the ratings
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record   TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 2:31 pm

Discopants wrote:
Dunno why they stopped Heat if the same thing with a different name is coming back.

Thats my thinking on it, I think they had visions of doing double SD tapings for a while and needed that hour for ECW before RAW, think that was the real reason they stopped Heat

I used to like Heat when it was actually played on time instead of a weak late, it used to be good turning into a PPV to see something happened on Heat 'hours' before the PPV
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Discopants

PostSubject: Re: TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record   TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 2:41 pm

Aye, stuff used to actually happen on it.

Like that Summerslam we were talking about yesterday. On Heat there was a big brawl with DX and The Nation where Rock came out and cracked HHH's knee with the belt, which was canny significant in there match.

Mankind's limo got wrecked by Austin too cos he thought Kane and Taker were in it Laughing
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record   TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 2:44 pm

Now I come to think about it, I think they might have done heat pre PPV's back then
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

PostSubject: Re: TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record   TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 2:48 pm

Didnt Heat use to be on Channel 4?

Wrestling on terrestrial tele, good days
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record   TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 2:48 pm

yea it was on around 1999 and 2000, think it was on around tea time on a Sunday
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record   TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 2:51 pm

Yeah ECW did go head to head with one hour of Impact, think it was the first one, and got a 0.6 while Impact maintained it's 1.1 which at the time seemed a bit surprising. Course when it went up against RAW, it was TNA's ratings which were halved.

Heat was ok, but the last few years of it, it became nothing more than a place to send Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Eugene and the like. I used to quite like Velocity, as there was frequently a lot of good cruiserweight matches on it.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record   TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 3:19 pm

Like I said, I thought ECW went out an hour before iMPACT!

That being said, didn't think iMPACT where doing 1.1s back then, this was in 2007 right?
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record   TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 3:25 pm

Yeah i think it was in 2007, they were doing 0.9 - 1.1 ratings from the moment they went to 2 hours, and it's only over the last few months that there has been any improvement on that.

The one bad thing to come from an increase in ratings, is that Vince Russo likely isn't going to be given the elbow any time soon.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record   TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 3:32 pm

Having a little look, they have been averaging about 1.0 over the last two years
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record   TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:02 pm

Quote :
TNA's PPV buyrates are at an all time low, to the point that they were selling more units when on Fox Sports Net. They have been doing below 20,000 buys, with Against All Odds projections being below 14,000. They are currently rethinking how they can promote their big events.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record   TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record Empty

Back to top Go down

TNA iMPACT! Sets Ratings Record
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next