Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

WWE Frustrated Over Poor SD Ratings

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

WWE Frustrated Over Poor SD Ratings Empty
PostSubject: WWE Frustrated Over Poor SD Ratings   WWE Frustrated Over Poor SD Ratings EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 11:05 pm

Quote :

WWE Frustrated Over Poor SD Ratings, Blames MyNetworkTV
Written by Tim Brown on June 03, 2009 at 14:14:36
There are 5 comments on this post. Add yours now!
Source: PWInsider.com

There is some internal frustration within WWE regarding the poor SmackDown ratings as of late, especially because the company’s Friday night show is generally regarded as a higher-quality show than RAW as far as the wrestling is concerned.

One of the two factors being blamed for SmackDown’s low viewership is the fact that RAW is suffering right now. WWE’s research leads them to believe that a large portion of their audience only watches wrestling on Mondays now, and judges the entire company’s product based off that one show despite SmackDown being a completel 180 degrees different from RAW. Vince has been strict about wanting his three main shows (RAW, ECW and SD) to all have different feels to them, with RAW being the sports-entertainment variety show and SmackDown being the wrestling show.

The second factor being blamed for the poor ratings is the fact that SmackDown airs on MyNetworkTV. The network is in pretty rough shape right now, and starting next year the only new show on the entire channel will be SmackDown and everything else will be repeats of other shows from other networks.

Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: WWE Frustrated Over Poor SD Ratings   WWE Frustrated Over Poor SD Ratings EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 11:11 pm

What the WWE really need to do is make a few simple changes and SD would hit 3s almost every week.

1. Get SmackDown! on another channel, Spike or USA would be fine
2. Move it to a Wednesday, with only one day between taping and airing it would stop more people from reading spoilers
3. Make sure your target audiance (America) are NOT the last English speaking nation in the World to actually see it
4. Americans can see it on YouTube up to Seventeen hours BEFORE it 'airs live' in America
5. Friday Night will never be a 'ratings winner' anywhere in the world
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

PostSubject: Re: WWE Frustrated Over Poor SD Ratings   WWE Frustrated Over Poor SD Ratings EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 12:06 pm

I agree they need to get on another channel and of the graveyard shift they could even air it live at sometime in the future.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: WWE Frustrated Over Poor SD Ratings   WWE Frustrated Over Poor SD Ratings EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 1:21 pm

Doubt it will ever be live to be honest, the occasional one maybe but not so sure they will ever have it live fulltime, JR himself has just said that too
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: WWE Frustrated Over Poor SD Ratings   WWE Frustrated Over Poor SD Ratings EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 2:13 pm

one thing they definitly need to do is stop it leaking on the net so everyone can download it or watch on yousportz they also have top move to a better station which gets more viewers than mynetwork

i dont get how raw gets more viewers when Smackdown is the best WWE show at the moment probably cos of the station its on
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: WWE Frustrated Over Poor SD Ratings   WWE Frustrated Over Poor SD Ratings EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 2:21 pm

The only reason RAW gets more viewers is because Monday is considered 'wrestling night' as its been on Monday's for near on 20 years

Friday is the night most people go out, and MyNetwork is available for only 40% of people who can get USA

I understand Vince wants SD to be terrestrial but he really needs to convince NBC to give it a go on a prime-time slot

Also, its almost impossible to stop it being put on the net, particularly when its already aired to the majority of the world before America gets it
Back to top Go down
Doomhammer
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
Doomhammer

Number of posts : 329

PostSubject: Re: WWE Frustrated Over Poor SD Ratings   WWE Frustrated Over Poor SD Ratings EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 2:59 pm

I agree with all of your points. I never watch smackdown because A. I don't have mynetworktv
and B. Its on friday nights.
If those were to change, i'd watch it as often as i watch raw or tna.
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Reaper

Location : The Depths of Hell Number of posts : 1019 Favourite Wrestler : The Past: Shawn Michaels

The Present: CM Punk

The Future: Alex Shelley

All Time: Eddie Guerrero

PostSubject: Re: WWE Frustrated Over Poor SD Ratings   WWE Frustrated Over Poor SD Ratings EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 3:04 pm

How well does Smackdown do compared to Raw in the UK?
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: WWE Frustrated Over Poor SD Ratings   WWE Frustrated Over Poor SD Ratings EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 3:34 pm

Doomhammer wrote:
I agree with all of your points. I never watch smackdown because A. I don't have mynetworktv
and B. Its on friday nights.
If those were to change, i'd watch it as often as i watch raw or tna.

(I thanked you for some reason their, don't know how to undo it)

Also Doom, America is the last English speaking nation in the World that gets SmackDown!, and when your target audiance is America then thats bad business sense
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: WWE Frustrated Over Poor SD Ratings   WWE Frustrated Over Poor SD Ratings EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 1:03 pm

surely a nice big jericho edge fued would sort people out.

it must be bloody annoying though as they are putting on the best show every week
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE Frustrated Over Poor SD Ratings   WWE Frustrated Over Poor SD Ratings Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE Frustrated Over Poor SD Ratings
Page 1 of 1