Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Next gen stable...

Go down 
+7
wandos
bazz23-v2 ®™
CruiserJim
the-gaffer
grendelsdad
Discopants
Sexton Hardcastle
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

Next gen stable... Empty
PostSubject: Next gen stable...   Next gen stable... EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 11:16 am

Finally coming into motion?

WIth orton seeming impressed by the young cody rhodes and ted di biase could this be the first steps of the stable we all knew was coming?

they mentioned ortons grandad and father so people remembered he is next gen.

Its obv the other 2 are aswell.

also primo colon is lurking on raw, as a face so far. but who knows if hed get involved.

But to me the way it came across on raw was that orton was like a mentor figure to them and slowly we can see this build, hence bringing orton back now, to promo and set things up for later on i.e title shot and stable.

great idea if its done well, maybe this is why kane story has seemingly been stopped? make room for the future?

your thoughts
Back to top Go down
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

Next gen stable... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next gen stable...   Next gen stable... EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 11:44 am

Could well be, they could be a nice set of cocky heels led by Orton but (even though I said summit along the lines of "stables are good") I don't know how into it I would be. They would fit nice together but what then? They would help each other to win in naughty ways etc. With Evolution there was four fairly diverse characters whereas here their all relatively similar so I rekon it could limit what they could do. A casual alliance where they occasionally help each other would be better rather than a full on stable with a silly name.
Back to top Go down
grendelsdad
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
grendelsdad

Next gen stable... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next gen stable...   Next gen stable... EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 11:48 am

Orton as a mentor would be better than JBL as a mentor, that much is certain. They teased several variations of that stable: Orton, Team Priceless and miscellaneous like Primo Colon and DH Smith as a Next Gen stable, or JBL and Team Priceless as a Snobby Rich Men stable. I like how they keep open their options, but am afraid that they will realize neither, and that this thing will just dwindle into nothingness...

And you are right, the ending of the Kane/ Rey storyline, if indeed it was an ending, felt a bit rushed. Either that is because everybody's injured, and they had to bring Rey back fast to fill in, or they couldn't be arsed to continue this storyline properly because they had more important stuff to do, like Orton/ Priceless.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/grendelsdad
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Next gen stable... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next gen stable...   Next gen stable... EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 11:48 am

I think orton may mentor them from now on maybe and thats how it will be.

so if they lose orton gives them a passionate speech, then they do in who they lost to etc.

could improve ortons promo work alot too, im starting to warm to him.

They may try and dominate all the titles they go for too and it will get pruceless even better tv time. Plan was maybe cryme tyme and cena vs pricless and orton fued?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Next gen stable... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next gen stable...   Next gen stable... EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 12:33 pm

I don't think Orton will be on RAW that much until he is fit, was RAW not hosted from Randy's home city?

Or was he not due to be at RAW for some reason or another to hook up with people?

I think he only appeared on the off chance to be honest and gave RAW some name power
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
CruiserJim
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
CruiserJim

Number of posts : 375

Next gen stable... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next gen stable...   Next gen stable... EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 12:58 pm

I think he was on Raw to purley get this Scramble match over nothing more
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Next gen stable... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next gen stable...   Next gen stable... EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 12:59 pm

2 segments with priceless, he gets them their titles back by suggesting to grow a set and his next gen status was mentioned by cm punk.

im not saying its next week stable. Im saying the seeds have finally been planted. so to speak
Back to top Go down
CruiserJim
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
CruiserJim

Number of posts : 375

Next gen stable... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next gen stable...   Next gen stable... EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 1:00 pm

O ok mate so you mean upon his return thats what will happen
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

Next gen stable... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next gen stable...   Next gen stable... EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 5:31 pm

Its clear that it was a seed planting type thing, both for if they do finally pull the trigger on the next-gen stable, and for a CM Punk/Orton feud in the future.
Back to top Go down
wandos
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
When I grow up I want to be the Rock

Number of posts : 47

Next gen stable... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next gen stable...   Next gen stable... EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 8:32 pm

I think that Natalya Neidhart should be brought to Raw if it is to become a next gen stable. A female would add another (very small) dimension. I still don't think Orton is good enough on the mic to become the mouthpiece an official manager would probably be a better bet.
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

Next gen stable... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next gen stable...   Next gen stable... EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 8:37 pm

I agree about Natalya wandos

would make sense, and considering she is one of the better female wrestlers in WWE, would have some good matches with Beth Phoenix.

Maybe Shane Mcmahon as the mouth piece??
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Next gen stable... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next gen stable...   Next gen stable... EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 8:52 pm

I think Orton is excellent on the mic, I think his performance on Monday highlighted exactly what he is all about, I was actually thinking he was hinting at some kind of face turn they way he started his promo on FOUR heels, I liked it!

He can't be a face though, that would not work, however with Jericho and Edge the best heels on WWE at the moment there is an opening for a top draw Face on RAW so hopefully Michaels is fit enough to stay on the road until Cena can have time to recover at least that will leave Punk and Batista with Jericho Kane and JBL along with the returning Orton
Back to top Go down
pathhh
NXT Champion
NXT Champion
pathhh

Number of posts : 483 Favourite Wrestler : Orton/Goldberg

Next gen stable... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next gen stable...   Next gen stable... EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 9:51 pm

Yea gaffer I agree when he was talking about santino and di biase I turned to my friend and said hes turning into a face! but I could never see that.....not anytime soon at least
Back to top Go down
Fux de Lux
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Fux de Lux

Number of posts : 547

Next gen stable... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next gen stable...   Next gen stable... EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 8:52 am

I wish, they would build up stables again, even if that means, that we will have more matches decided by runIns.

Stable could bring good and straight storylines, which last more than 4 Weeks.

But there had been a lot of alliances within the last weeks and none of them has proofed as enduring..

I don't think, we will see something really good. If there isn't even an interest in a good TT-Division, we won't see bigger unifications..
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Next gen stable... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next gen stable...   Next gen stable... EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 9:41 am

Its all very well to think they can just create stables but the major flaw in wanting a stable is that since the brand split the rosters are far to lightweight to support the need for stables and factions in my opinion!

I would like to see a couple of stables but remember if there is a faction then realistically there has to be another faction to rival them, and for me at this moment in time the roster is just far to short
Back to top Go down
Fux de Lux
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Fux de Lux

Number of posts : 547

Next gen stable... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next gen stable...   Next gen stable... EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 2:32 pm

Didn't think of that before, but I agree.
Stable might have to be 'interpromotional', what requires a mass of intelligent booking and writing.
But I would forgive mistakes as a long they do well meant experiments.
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Next gen stable... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next gen stable...   Next gen stable... EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 2:44 pm

the-gaffer wrote:
Its all very well to think they can just create stables but the major flaw in wanting a stable is that since the brand split the rosters are far to lightweight to support the need for stables and factions in my opinion!

I would like to see a couple of stables but remember if there is a faction then realistically there has to be another faction to rival them, and for me at this moment in time the roster is just far to short

Maybe the Roster isn't to small tho?

It could be a good way to involve alot of the roster which is unused (im talking about RAW here).

Now ECW is with RAW we could see a stable from both brands rivaling?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Next gen stable... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next gen stable...   Next gen stable... EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 3:44 pm

Is ECW with RAW?????? I thought those plans where dropped
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Next gen stable... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next gen stable...   Next gen stable... EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 3:46 pm

Did they not say on RAW or something? or was that just for that one show?

i might be mistaken but i think they are doing this talent exchange thing with RAW as of last monday
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Next gen stable... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next gen stable...   Next gen stable... EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 3:49 pm

I thought it was just an invite from Adamle for one week only, sure it was, although I could be wrong, what the real deal was though that since the show was taped Saturday night, ECW were used for both RAW and SMACKDOWN tapings I'm sure, could be wrong though
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Next gen stable... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next gen stable...   Next gen stable... EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 3:50 pm

Maybe it was just for that night then, i wasn't paying too much attention at the time, i just assumed they were with RAW because of the rumours flying around in the past
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

Next gen stable... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next gen stable...   Next gen stable... EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 9:15 pm

I like the idea of a next gen stable but I don't think the're are any real challengers to take it on, unless they have Cena take them all out Razz.

Gaff has already pointed out that the're aren't enough people on the rosters to have a proper stable war which for me means you would have to have cross brand stable feuds, with a raw stable battling a SD stable. For me Randy Orton can't lead a stable, he seems to me to be much more suited to individual heel, who only cares about no.1 and I don't think that'd work in a stable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
grendelsdad
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
grendelsdad

Next gen stable... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next gen stable...   Next gen stable... EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 10:13 am

Hm, now I am on the fence concerning this stables, because the arguments for it are just as good as the arguments against it.

On the one hand "Next Generation Stable" is a really good concept, and with Orton, Team Priceless and possibly Natalya we'd have a really good stable roster: We'd have the main event/ solo guy with Orton, the tag team with Priceless and the women with Natalya. You could add a mouthpiece, or possibly another solo guy for the midcard, but otherwise it is perfect and all the members are entertaining and capable. Not like with La Familia, where Team EdgeClones was not entertaining, and Bam Neely was not capable.

On the other hand there would probably be nobody to take them on, as has been said by the-gaffer and leek. It would be kinda boring to have this great stable, and then their only goal was to, um, win matches. Bigger stables like that need an agenda, otherwise half of their members will just amble about aimlessly, see again La Familia.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/grendelsdad
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Next gen stable... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next gen stable...   Next gen stable... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 12:13 pm

Bump kiss

Spoiler:

Also liked the placement of the Rock dvd advert Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Next gen stable... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next gen stable...   Next gen stable... EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 12:21 pm

p.s currently this angle is amazing.

and its only just started.

p.p.s orton learned to be entertaining cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Next gen stable... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next gen stable...   Next gen stable... Empty

Back to top Go down

Next gen stable...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next