Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Favourite Smackdown Wrestler

Go down 
+11
balding85
hiphop020
kev2427
KentWrestlingLegend
grendelsdad
tim157
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
InvincibleIleak
JohnReid1
the-gaffer
15 posters
AuthorMessage
When I grow up I want to be the Rock
When I grow up I want to be the Rock

Favourite Smackdown Wrestler Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Smackdown Wrestler   Favourite Smackdown Wrestler EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 7:22 pm

Who is your favourite Smackdown wrestler?

---------------------------------------

This is a hard decision to make because there's plenty of great performers on Smackdown right now. One of them is Shelton Benjamin. The guy is starting to get more of a reaction and his athleticism is unmatched. He's a top quality wrestler and he has charisma too. If Shelton can improve his mic skills he could go far. Another is The Undertaker. He's super popular and can still have a great match even at his age. The gimmick is one of the best ever but in my opinion, it is starting to get stale again which is why he isn't my favourite. MVP comes really close, I think MVP is awesome. His wrestling ability has increased in leaps and bounds over the past year or so and he's so damn entertaining. MVP has charisma, mic skills, wrestling ability, heat and a unique look. He has everything needed to be a major player in WWE.

But my favourite wrestler on Smackdown would be Edge. Now until the heel turn, I'd never been a fan of Edge. I liked his wrestling and all but I was never a fan. I feel the same way about Bret Hart. Edge really stood out as a heel and has entertained me hugely over the past few years. If I'm honest, I wasn't really that into the La Familia thing but it provided some cool moments and matches. Edge's time with Lita as his valet was my favourite although he's still a very interesting wrestler in 2008. His promos are very entertaining and he's charismatic too. Edge's matches are always decent and often very good. His feud against The Undertaker went on a little long but in my opinion was the highlight of Smackdown for 07. He did a great job in the series and has been more consistant than anyone else in WWE. He performs are a very high level and deserves every bit of succes he gets.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Smackdown Wrestler   Favourite Smackdown Wrestler EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 8:11 pm

This is pretty cut and dry for me, I have three top favourites on the blue brand, MVP, Shelton Benjamin and Edge

Edge wins hands down, simply because he has me hooked, I lost a bit of interest in him, I think he was the one that suffered most in the whole LaFamilia v Undertaker angle, he was the guy who appeared weak and with so many by his side it took away the focus from him, which should never happen to the best guy on the show.

I think the heel turn was much needed however I don't think he must remain heel, I can see a lot of Shawn Michaels in him, not so much in style however the way both of there characters grew and how they both ended up turning face without much reason to or without really trying to.

Edge really showed how excellent he can be in his promo with Mick Foley a few weeks ago, Foley played his part to perfection however Edge was a top guy too, no way did Foley carry that promo. It made everyone realise just how little Edge has actually been doing lately, I understand the storyline called for him to be the way he was but for me he should be doing so much more.

I hope that MVP can reach those heights and Shelton can finally find some confidence to be as charismatic on the mic as he is in the ring but until then there is only one man to choose when talking about SMACKDOWN! and that is EDGE!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
JohnReid1
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Number of posts : 202

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Smackdown Wrestler   Favourite Smackdown Wrestler EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 1:13 am

By far The Undertaker. I'm sorry but noone can live upto him. As long as he keeps going he will always be the fan Fav.
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Smackdown Wrestler   Favourite Smackdown Wrestler EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 6:10 pm

For me it is between Taker and Edge.

Edge is by far the best heel in WWE and I think could play an okay face. I was hoping with this new look on his character he wouldn't be put out in the HIAC, but he was. So I'm hoping he'll come back with the same character. I do hope he will turn face sometime in the future, I want to see if he can cut it, and I think he can.

Undertaker is the best big man of all time, he has a brilliant character that he has made his own, and has an interesting move-set that often changes so it never gets stale. I do mark out for him, but I hope he'll either turn heel or have a new interesting feud.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)

Location : Norwich Number of posts : 2354 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Smackdown Wrestler   Favourite Smackdown Wrestler EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 8:28 pm

I really like Umaga hes a great wrestler and he has a lot of strenght and a lot of speed for a man of his build and size. Hes good enough to perform with the best and he would be if not for the crazy Samoan gimmick. His mic work is something i have no idea about but im sure its not as bad as Jeff Hardy. I hope they repackage him soon as i really do enjoy him in the ring.

I also like Edge which im sure most do... He has a lot of good moves and sells really well. His promo work has little or no flaws and he can perform a range of them from crazy to funny. He IMO the best heel ever in WWF/WWE so he would have to be my favourite Smackdown wrestler for this fact
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenwf.niceboard.net
tim157
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Country : Favourite Smackdown Wrestler UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Number of posts : 278 Favourite Wrestler : The Rock,Trippe H,Randy orton ,Ultimate Warrior,Randy Savage Macho Man,Scott Steiner,AJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Smackdown Wrestler   Favourite Smackdown Wrestler EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 9:57 pm

triple h is mine
Back to top Go down
grendelsdad
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
grendelsdad

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Smackdown Wrestler   Favourite Smackdown Wrestler EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 12:01 pm

Undertaker is a bit out of competition on this one, at least for me. He has assembled such a massive legacy of good memory moments that it'd be unfair to pit him against anyone on the SmackDown roster for Most Favorite Wrestler.

Bearing that in mind, I say Edge, with MVP coming in at a close second. both of them have what it takes in the ring, and are extremely enjoyable on the mic.

Edge comes first because he has been able to portray a wider range of emotions. MVP has been very entertaining as the cocky king of bling, but he has yet to convince me in any other role.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/grendelsdad
KentWrestlingLegend
Intercontinental Champion
Intercontinental Champion

Location : Kent Number of posts : 774 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton, LAX

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Smackdown Wrestler   Favourite Smackdown Wrestler EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 11:33 pm

festus
Back to top Go down
kev2427
Wide eyed child watching his first Wrestlemania

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Smackdown Wrestler   Favourite Smackdown Wrestler EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 7:45 am

fav smackdown superstar.................shelton
Back to top Go down
hiphop020
Defeat your rival at PPV
Defeat your rival at PPV
hiphop020

Number of posts : 708

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Smackdown Wrestler   Favourite Smackdown Wrestler EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 3:29 pm

in this ranking:

Undertaker: simply phenomanal how someone his age can keep it up, espaccly after al hius brutal matches.
Shelton Benjamin: By far the best actual wrestler in the WWE
MVp: i love this guy, great on the mic, maybe the best on SD
Back to top Go down
balding85
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
balding85

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Smackdown Wrestler   Favourite Smackdown Wrestler EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 4:55 pm

My Favourite Smackdown Wrestler is Edge
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Smackdown Wrestler   Favourite Smackdown Wrestler EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 5:19 pm

Edge and MVP
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Smackdown Wrestler   Favourite Smackdown Wrestler EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 5:28 pm

The Undertaker & Edge
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Swirvia
First Local Main Event
First Local Main Event
Swirvia

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Smackdown Wrestler   Favourite Smackdown Wrestler EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 7:53 pm

Jeff Hardy
Back to top Go down
A-s-H
NXT Champion
NXT Champion
A-s-H

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Smackdown Wrestler   Favourite Smackdown Wrestler EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 7:58 pm

probs Edge and Jeff Hardy
Back to top Go down
Fux de Lux
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Fux de Lux

Number of posts : 547

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Smackdown Wrestler   Favourite Smackdown Wrestler EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 9:59 pm

Edge!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Smackdown Wrestler   Favourite Smackdown Wrestler Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite Smackdown Wrestler
Page 1 of 1