Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Favourite Raw Wrestler

Go down 
+12
tim157
InvincibleIleak
Horizon
bazz23-v2 ®™
JohnReid1
daitomas
MaFish
desert_dude1985
Fux de Lux
the-gaffer
C4lum
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
When I grow up I want to be the Rock

Favourite Raw Wrestler Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Raw Wrestler   Favourite Raw Wrestler EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 7:21 pm

Who is your favourite Raw wrestler?

-------------------------------------------

Shawn Michaels!

Shawn is the ultimate Raw wrestler in my opinion. He's been a key part of Raw since its conception (bar 98-01 of course) and has been consistantly good in all areas of wrestling. His promos are entertaining and he oozes charisma. Michaels will never be remembered for his mic skills but he is pretty good on the stick and has produced some great taglines like "Showstopper" and "Mr. WrestleMania". His real forte is his ability in the ring. On his best day, HBK is just incredible. He's had so many classic matches over the years, not only in his prime (vs. The Undertaker from Ground Zero for example) but from recent times too (vs. Chris Jericho at the Great American Bash). His matches from WrestleMania are always top quality, who didn't enjoy HBK/Y2J from WM19? Or HBK/Austin from WM14? Or HBK/Kurt from WM21? They were awesome matches which prove that Michaels is a world class performer. He's the icon that can still go and for me, one of the few men in wrestling with the total package.

Other mentions: Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Rey Mysterio
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Raw Wrestler   Favourite Raw Wrestler EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 7:28 pm

There is alot to choose from here so i'll choose my 'favourite' Raw wrestler right now.

CM Punk

The WWE have gone very kid friendly, as we all no, so i find it very hard to find the babyfaces entertaining, whether it be their shit in ring performences or the crappy promos, even both in some cases. Punk tho i've just really enjoyed watching ever since he was moved to RAW, even tho he would be far better off as a heel, he's one of the few babyfaces im enjoying right now, his promo work is good, and i have seen potential of it being brilliant and he's starting to look better in the ring, by this i mean his range of moves has been extended at times rather than kick after kick, I just see alot of potential with him, im lookin foward to the day he turns heel, has the right look, im just worried that this won't happen because of his lifestyle is a great role model to thos bloody kids! DAMN I HATE THEM.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Raw Wrestler   Favourite Raw Wrestler EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 7:44 pm

I shall go with Chris Jericho.

I think Chris has shown in the last few months how fantastic he can be on the mic and in character, he really reminds me of an old time 80s heel with the way he can draw heat from just the slight move of his neck, his move-set is up there with the best and his promo abilities be it funny smart whiny or down right evil are always top class.

I am also enjoying his new look, wearing a suit simply screams power and class and his new ring attire is also catchy, I must admit I prefer the longer tights but it fits in with his change.

For the record Shawn Michaels is my most enjoyable character, I think he is still fantastic int he ring and on the mic, however with his decision to maintain the scheduled he is on, Its unlikely we will ever see him win the World title again, and that plays a big part in my decision, if I thought Michaels was a credible contender for the strap he would be my number one choice however he is seemingly happy to play the main event roles in the mid card!

I can see Chris Jericho winning the strap either the next time it changes hands or the time after. This is why Jericho returned, this is what was needed.

At this moment in time CM Punk is the guy I am really enjoying watching at this moment in time, I am enjoying what they are doing with his character and I am enjoying the way the WWE are using him.

Kane's storyline at this moment is keeping me hooked, I am loving every minute of it, even when something happens that I don't get and it initially disappoints me I can soon see a reason why that rout has been taken, its a cleaver thinker and I am enjoying every minute of it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Raw Wrestler   Favourite Raw Wrestler EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 7:46 pm

"Kane's storyline at this moment is keeping me hooked, I am loving every minute of it, even when something happens that I don't get and it initially disappoints me I can soon see a reason why that rout has been taken, its a cleaver thinker and I am enjoying every minute of it!"

I almost chose Kane, the swerve in his storyline has rekindled my interest, after loosing it, the bag seemed at first to be a big let down, but turns out that it's actually far more intresting, my opinion of course.
Back to top Go down
Fux de Lux
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Fux de Lux

Number of posts : 547

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Raw Wrestler   Favourite Raw Wrestler EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 7:47 pm

Where is the voting? Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Raw Wrestler   Favourite Raw Wrestler EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 7:48 pm

There is no voting. Simply discussion.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Raw Wrestler   Favourite Raw Wrestler EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 8:02 pm

Mattitude Follower wrote:
There is no voting. Simply discussion.

Excellent reply Mattitude, voting should be saved for off topic sections, this kind of thread is for total discussion and debate! claping
Back to top Go down
Fux de Lux
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Fux de Lux

Number of posts : 547

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Raw Wrestler   Favourite Raw Wrestler EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 8:07 pm

Sure I know, that are voting doesn't make sense in this topic.

So lets make foes: My favorite is Cena. At the moment I don't like his storylines, as everyone of you does, but I think he's a full package of a good performer with great mic skills. Me wasn't bothered to see him in that long winstreak. But I can understand most of the critics about him.
The story with edge was a great one!
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Raw Wrestler   Favourite Raw Wrestler EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 8:12 pm

Fux de Lux wrote:
Sure I know, that are voting doesn't make sense in this topic.

So lets make foes: My favorite is Cena. At the moment I don't like his storylines, as everyone of you does, but I think he's a full package of a good performer with great mic skills. Me wasn't bothered to see him in that long winstreak. But I can understand most of the critics about him.
The story with edge was a great one!

Well, its a bloody shame he's injured now ey? Razz

Cena is great on the mic, unfortunatly the promos he's made to do are cringey
Back to top Go down
desert_dude1985
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Location : UK Number of posts : 297 Favourite Wrestler : Christian, Morrison, Kaz, Taker, AJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Raw Wrestler   Favourite Raw Wrestler EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 8:20 pm

Ill still go with CM Punk with this one.
I know its probably a common choice with people and i havent watched him since ROH so i cant say ive seen him rise from his humble begginings but.....he's just interesting...
i mean i can see him really building on this championship reign and once he has gained momentum really becoming a huge star within wwe.
He's half decent on the mic and he's not a bad mat technician either so that all adds to it.
I guess with punk its always about been excited about where hes going rather than where hes been....for example in Ecdub when he was in those kick ass storylines with John Morrison i knew itd be fun watchin him rise and build on what he had
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

Location : Barnsley Number of posts : 2244 Favourite Wrestler : Big Daddy Smile

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Raw Wrestler   Favourite Raw Wrestler EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 8:21 pm

This is a tuffy, one hand an obvious choice is to go with the Jericho/HBK fued, which has been tremendeous, BUT I would also like to give my choice to the comic releif bit of the show, and to the guy's that go in EVERY week, THE MIDCARD, Santino, D'Lo, Kofi, Burchill, Priceless, Jamie Noble has been great since coming over, even though he has just been jobbing, Regal (Ofcourse), the Diva's haven't been TOO bad as of late either...

I would have to say, the Raw Super Star as of late has to be Santino, it's alright having all these SERIOUS fued's like Y2J/HBK, Cena/Batista, JBL/Punk etc... But without the relief that Santino bring's it would just be a little too serious for me, I like abit of comedy in the wrestling show's, and without that releif around midcard it would just get monotenous.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Raw Wrestler   Favourite Raw Wrestler EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 9:12 pm

5 different answers already, I think that proves that RAW is doing a good job at present
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Raw Wrestler   Favourite Raw Wrestler EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 9:16 pm

Yeh id agree with that there's alot to coose from unlike the other brands

Raw you have

Jericho
Punk
Kane
HBK
Batista to a degree (the promos with chris and shawn, top notch)
Santino
Kofi Kingston is anoher shout
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Raw Wrestler   Favourite Raw Wrestler EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 9:28 pm

I think you have plenty of variety on SMACKDOWN as well to be fair

Triple H, Edge, The Undertaker, The Big Show, MVP, Jeff Hardy, Umaga, Mr Kennedy, Shelton Benjamin
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Raw Wrestler   Favourite Raw Wrestler EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 9:31 pm

Ye i suppose, i was being slightly biased tho

SD i would only consider Edge, MVP atm, even tho i am fond of Umaga, Benjamin and Big Show. all who you've mentioned tho will appeal to most
Back to top Go down
daitomas
Wide eyed child watching his first Wrestlemania

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Raw Wrestler   Favourite Raw Wrestler EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 11:07 pm

JBL

Anyone with that little shape top of the card gets my vote
Back to top Go down
JohnReid1
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Number of posts : 202

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Raw Wrestler   Favourite Raw Wrestler EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 1:10 am

I really want to say Kane but he's not doing much at the moment but he's my fav on Raw
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Raw Wrestler   Favourite Raw Wrestler EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 10:04 am

He's not doing much apart from having by far the best storyline on RAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Raw Wrestler   Favourite Raw Wrestler EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 2:16 pm

HBK/Y2J story is way better than the Kane one imo, Kane one hasn't led to anything (YET), so could still disappoint with this being WWE an all.

Topic: I can't pick just one at the moment, so I'll pick the top 3.

Jericho: love the change
HBK: is....well, HBK
CM Punk:I'm starting to enjoy his stuff now he's moved form just kicking people, and his mic work IS very good, if you can hold you're own in a promo with JBL you deserve kudos.
Back to top Go down
Horizon
World Champion Winner At WM
World Champion Winner At WM
Horizon

Location : Bristol Number of posts : 2650 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Raw Wrestler   Favourite Raw Wrestler EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 2:17 pm

Rey Mysterio. He's exciting to watch because he's faced paced, high flying and all the rest o it. so yes Rey
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Raw Wrestler   Favourite Raw Wrestler EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 2:23 pm

bazz23-v2 ®™ wrote:
HBK/Y2J story is way better than the Kane one imo, Kane one hasn't led to anything (YET), so could still disappoint with this being WWE an all.

Topic: I can't pick just one at the moment, so I'll pick the top 3.

Jericho: love the change
HBK: is....well, HBK
CM Punk:I'm starting to enjoy his stuff now he's moved form just kicking people, and his mic work IS very good, if you can hold you're own in a promo with JBL you deserve kudos.

Can see what your saying about the Kane story, however my outlook on it is that it is keeping me well hooked and even if it does end up disappointing me in the end at this moment in time I am enjoying watching every aspect of it, and it is actually showing that Kane can cut agood promo.

Agree with you on Punk, I was never a fan of his then I saw his ROH stuff and I became one of those IWC fans that I hated telling me he was good in the first place, now he is being granted a platform to showcase his abilities
Back to top Go down
InvincibleIleak
Second Divorce
InvincibleIleak

Location : Earth Number of posts : 3941 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
CM Punk
Edge
Jack Swagger
Shelton Benjamin
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Raw Wrestler   Favourite Raw Wrestler EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 5:44 pm

This is a tough question:

Chris Jericho:

I Love his new heel character, all the suits the calmness and he has shown why he deserves to be the top man in the company.

Shawn Micheals

Is Shawn Micheals, even now he puts on the best matches with anyone, his promo work is immaulate, I just want to see a heel turn before he leaves.

Kane

I'm loving this storyline, it has me hooked, more so than the Jericho/HBK feud. With some and so more twist and turns that can happen, this is the making of a good feud, I don't want to overcomplicate it with the title.

Batista

I have never liked him but since his move to Raw and the feud with Jericho and HBK he has been top notch, even making me belive he deserves to be in and around the main event.

Others: Santino, Beth Phoenix, Kofi Kingston.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
tim157
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Number of posts : 278 Favourite Wrestler : The Rock,Trippe H,Randy orton ,Ultimate Warrior,Randy Savage Macho Man,Scott Steiner,AJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Raw Wrestler   Favourite Raw Wrestler EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 10:36 pm

Rvd when is comes back
Back to top Go down
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
Geronimo(Jamie Thurtle)

Location : Norwich Number of posts : 2354 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Raw Wrestler   Favourite Raw Wrestler EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 12:00 pm

I have three favourites:
1) Chris Jericho- His mic work is brilliant. Hes great either in heel or face character although i prefere him as a face (attitude era). He is great in the ring, not the best, but he shows how good he is by completly changing how he wrestles now that hes a heel by using a slower and more brutal style. He is the best on RAW IMO and i reckon hell be the next WHC if Punk retains until his programme with HBK is finished.

2) Santino Marella- He is probably the best comedy actor in the WWE at this time. He pulls of the italian accent perfectly and my only problem with him is that his character means he cant be awesome in the ring. However, i think thats changing now that hes got the IC as hes doing a bit more in-ring work which is good as i really wanted him to start actually wrestling and winning against men instead of women, ever since i saw the MMA style OVW promo.

3) Kofi Kingston- Great on the mic really confident and i beleive he is the next big thing. He is really something in the ring as hes strong and quick but for a man of his hight he is really agile. I enjoy all his matches and when he gets on the mic i just wish that happened more often.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenwf.niceboard.net
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Raw Wrestler   Favourite Raw Wrestler EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 3:52 pm

tim157 wrote:
Rvd when is comes back

Wanker
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Raw Wrestler   Favourite Raw Wrestler Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite Raw Wrestler
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next