Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

2017/2018 predictions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

2017/2018 predictions  Empty
PostSubject: 2017/2018 predictions    2017/2018 predictions  EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 4:12 pm

Premier League:
Championship:
League One:
League Two:

FA Cup:
League Cup:

Premier League Golden Boot:
3 teams Relegated from Premier League:
Best Signing:
Worse Signing:
Player punching above their weight:
Most disappointing player:

Champions League:
Europa League:

La Liga:
Ligue 1:
Bundesliga:
Serie A:

Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: 2017/2018 predictions    2017/2018 predictions  EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 4:18 pm

Premier League: Manchester Utd
Championship: Aston Villa
League One: MK Dons
League Two: Luton Town

FA Cup: Watford
League Cup: Everton

Premier League Golden Boot: Sergio Agureo
3 teams Relegated from Premier League: Brighton, Huddersfield & Swansea
Best Signing: Will Hughes (Watford)
Worse Signing: Javier Hernandez (West Ham)
Player punching above their weight: Tammy Abraham (Swansea)
Most disappointing player: Alexis Sanchez (Arsenal)

Champions League: Real Madrid
Europa League: Monaco

La Liga: Barcelona
Ligue 1: PSG
Bundesliga: Bayern Munich
Serie A: AC Milan

Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: 2017/2018 predictions    2017/2018 predictions  EmptyWed Aug 02, 2017 6:08 pm

Premier League:  Man City
Championship:  Middlesbrough
League One:  Blackburn
League Two:  Luton

FA Cup:  Liverpool
League Cup:  Everton

Premier League Golden Boot:  Harry Kane
3 teams Relegated from Premier League:  Brighton, Watford, Huddersfield
Best Signing:  Victor Lindelof
Worse Signing:  Alvaro Morata
Player punching above their weight:  Dominic Solanke
Most disappointing player:  Mohammad Salah

Champions League:  Barcelona
Europa League:  Arsenal (they are in this, aren't they?)

La Liga:  Real
Ligue 1:  PSG
Bundesliga:  Bayern
Serie A:  Juventus

Last edited by Grecian on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot about Huddersfield!)
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: 2017/2018 predictions    2017/2018 predictions  EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 1:39 am

Premier League: Man United (Matic signing = Pogba - Mkhitaryan - Lukaku domination. In pre season those 3 seem to play together on rotations, with Martial, Rashford, Herrera, Mata all available to mix in too and no one inexperienced in the Premier league in attack and midfield, that looks a winning formula. And in the year of the 352 it could be rare that teams break down a 3 of Bailie, Smalling, Jones, Blind or Lindelof screened by Matic, it's a bit like having 4 centre backs covering breaks at all times with Matic's tactical awareness and presence)
Championship: Villa (getting rid of Nathan Baker and gaining Terry's experience and Elmohamady's wing back dominance will help. They look like they could be a pain to play against)
League One: MK
League Two: Luton

FA Cup: West Ham
League Cup: Everton

Premier League Golden Boot: Lukaku
3 teams Relegated from Premier League: Can Sunderland be relegated this year too? Brighton, Newcastle, Huddersfield
Best Signing: Matic. Klassen. Kolašinac (free left back for Arsenal)
Worse Signing: Morata. Neymar if we count PSG. Ederson/Walker/Danilo/Mendy
Player punching above their weight: Kolašinac.
Most disappointing player: Morata

Champions League: Man United
Europa League: PSG

La Liga: Real
Ligue 1: PSG
Bundesliga: Bayern
Serie A: Juve
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: 2017/2018 predictions    2017/2018 predictions  EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 9:08 am

Villa aren't going to score goals, though. Kodjia's still recovering from snapping his ankle, Hogan's out of his deppth,McCormack is useless. They'll get a play-off spot, but don't see them getting promoted.

I forgot Huddersfield were in the Prem! I'm going to switch them in to relegation ahead of West Ham.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: 2017/2018 predictions    2017/2018 predictions  EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 10:31 am

I did struggle to see goals in the squad tbh, but couldn't be bothered to change to Boro. Gary Monk should do well there
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: 2017/2018 predictions    2017/2018 predictions  EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 8:07 pm

The reason o pick villa is mainly because of Steve Bruce. He knows this league. John Terry and Chris Damba are great signings. Not the quickest but there brain is one or two steps ahead. I think they are after a proven striker (his name passes me ATM).

Boro will be up there too. Opposite to villa, they should score for fun. Play the harry redknapp football. We'll score more than you!

Regarding Sunderland, we could be relegated again sexton! We've made a few ok signings - with McCormick due in on loan too. Best I can hope for if challanging play offs
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: 2017/2018 predictions    2017/2018 predictions  EmptySun Sep 17, 2017 6:25 pm

5 games in. One sacking per league, but how are our predictions going Laughing

Some of mine are looking poor, I wanted Neymar to be a bust in a worse league with PSG, but they still might be in trouble if the governing bodies decide you can't spend way more than you make, you know like the rules already are, but so far they have a tasty front 3 working well. I was hoping they woild mess up the champions league too and get 3rd placed to the Europa.

Morata has done okay, a bit lightweight at times though, which was my thinking when I thought he'd be a bust. His movement is next level at times.

Lukaku, Pogba, Mkhitaryan trio dominating because of Matic was very good call though. I saw something in pre season that made me confident of that though.

Everton and West Ham might not win the cups if they have to sort their league form out as a priority. If Everton had a striker they'd be a lot better off.

Newcastle, Brighton and Huddersfield all have shown something, compared to Palace at least.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: 2017/2018 predictions    2017/2018 predictions  EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 7:55 am

Mine are looking crap, apart from Man City.

On the plus side, Exeter are flying at the moment!
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: 2017/2018 predictions    2017/2018 predictions  EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 5:11 pm

If league two can ever be considered flying. The idea for our teams is probably keep surviving as clubs and pounce when the finances blow up on everyone, then we'll have the last laugh.

If Shrewsbury get into the championship that will seem like something new and interesting, considering that league is just 24 teams that are desperate to get into the premier league, apart from maybe Burton and Barnsley. Something will give in the next 5 years with so many "big clubs" with one goal when teams like Huddersfield trumped them all anyway. 22 clubs aiming for 3 promotion places doesn't work well for the longevity of the league. Money will pour out of the game at crazy rates
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: 2017/2018 predictions    2017/2018 predictions  EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 9:35 am

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
If league two can ever be considered flying. The idea for our teams is probably keep surviving as clubs and pounce when the finances blow up on everyone, then we'll have the last laugh.

You're just bitter after Saturday...

I think within the next ten years there will be a closed shop European super league of 40 teams in two divisions, and no other teams allowed to join. It'll end up with the likes of Palace, Burnley and co being the leading sides in the English league, and Exeter, Crewe and so on being feeder teams for someone. The amount of money in the game now, with Spanish sides being able to negotiate their own TV rights, it's only a matter of time before Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool start arguing they shouldn't have to share an equal proportion of the English overseas deals with Stoke or West Brom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2017/2018 predictions    2017/2018 predictions  Empty

Back to top Go down

2017/2018 predictions
Page 1 of 1