Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble Empty
PostSubject: Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble   Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 10:52 am

The Rumble is only a few months away and I feel there is no clear winner at the moment in my opinion like on previous years. Who is your pick at this moment?

My pick is John Cena. He's one title run away from equal by Ric Flairs record of 16 title reigns. I think he'll win it at Wrestlemania, so a Rumble win will guarantee him a title shot, weather its against AJ styles or someone else, Cena will win the title.

My outside picks:

Finn Balor - simply because se of the big return factor and to win the title he never lost.

Seth Rollins - I feel it's the next thing for him to do b&m's t suspect hhh could cost him

I don't think Goldberg, Lesnar or undertaker will win.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble   Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 12:58 pm

I think it'll be a surprise winner. Goldberg and Lesnar will cost each other the match. Cena goes up against Taker at Mania, I reckon. Reigns can't win it again, there might actually be a riot if he's in the main event again.

My shout is Bray Wyatt wins.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble   Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble EmptyFri Nov 25, 2016 3:02 pm

I'd love for it to be a suprise winner. Bray wyatt is a good shout especially of he uses the family to help him them for them to just eliminate themselves. It would never happen but I can dream.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble   Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 7:56 am

yeah i agree lesnar and goldberg cost eachother setting up another match, but I can see Jericho winning and facing owens costing them there best friends gimmick
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble   Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 3:26 pm

just read online that Roman vs Braun is penned in for WM for Us title
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble   Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 4:00 pm

also just read online that plans for Taker Vs AJ at the rumble for title
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble   Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble EmptySat Nov 26, 2016 4:07 pm

If they go with AJ vs Taker, Taker to win the title, Cena to win the Rumble? Then Cena gets to tie the world title record at Mania, maybe?

Strowman vs Reigns could be decent, two big buggers battering the hell out of each other for ten minutes!
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble   Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 11:55 am

Cena beating Taker for his 16th world title at WM, or even better, turning to beat Taker for his 16th world title at WM. That would be a moment worthy of his standing in WWE

Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble   Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 12:35 pm

I think the moment has passed for the Cena heel turn by beating Taker at Mania. Now, if Roman Reigns did it...
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble   Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 11:48 am

I like the potential of conflict between Bryan and Cena if he took the easy way to win the 16th world title. But you're probably right.

He'll probably have to team up with someone eventually to transfer his fan base to them, if he doesn't turn his back on his fans leading to someone else stepping up. That's like the two ways they can do that. The problem with that though, is people hate when someone teams up with Cena and acts a bit like him for a while. When Enzo was alongside Cena he specifically had to say he didnt really like him much. A heel run would just be better for the other talent if they want to do some more pass the torch moments. AJ beating Cena wasn't quite a full passing of the torch, so I assume there will be more of those match ups, again much easier if he was a heel. It's more final if someone teaches Cena a lesson (stick to what you believe*)

*that lesson could even lead to a 17th title, where Cena rediscovers himself haha.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble   Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 10:16 am

Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble Captur10
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble   Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 10:20 am

I'm still saying Jericho to win it only way I thought taker would win if Cena or Reigns win the title
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble   Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 12:38 pm

What's happened for Angle's odds to drop like that...?

Cena at 8/1 is a decent shout, especially if he loses to AJ.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble   Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 1:30 pm

I think the only person deserving of the Rumble right now is AJ, but obviously he's champ. So maybe The Miz would be next pick... he had another Talking Smack ratings getting breakdown.

Angle has probably signed a deal then? Won't win the Rumble though lol. Alpha vs Wyatts rematch is next week, 3 on 2... ??? Smackdown deserves a big moment after Taker going to Raw
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble   Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 2:34 pm

I'd love The Miz to win the Royal Rumble. I did say Cena originally but now he's facing AJ for the belt I'm sliding away from him. Undertaker winning though does sort of go with my theory, but I don't want him to win.

I wouldn't mind seeing Seth Rollins win - or someone from NxT
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble   Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble EmptyThu Jan 05, 2017 3:31 pm

I'd just love it if someone who has worked on their own character or performance over the year wins, because this year has felt like the most deserving people have been rewarded at the right time. Obviously on Raw it mirrored the Bryan comments about Mania season where the guys who work all year then move aside for the big part timers, and KO and Jericho literally moved aside for the Goldberg and Reigns staredown. But maybe they can keep up the trend of deserving winners, and let part timers sell Mania by doing their own thing.

AJ, Miz, Jericho should all be high in WWE Mania plans, Jericho spent the year getting younger guys over and also brought life back in to his own character. This probably started in the Ambrose feud where he just became super petty about every little thing, maybe even before then, but his childish antics grew and became a big part of his development. The 'throw my toys out of the pram' Jericho has been fantastic. I think he might win a MITB this time round. Last year they sowed a seed of "invented it but never won" but Ambrose had the Shield story to finish, so he got that one.

If they work in another match with Roman where Roman can be counted out and lose, he could lock Roman in the shark cage. Which I was sure would happen last week. It seemed the perfect chance to give Jericho a belt for a bit and further his ring veteran smarts.

Miz has to face Bryan, and 2 years rest is probably enough for Bryan to not get a concussion again lol. It might reveal why WWE wanted to hold him to a contract and not let him fight elsewhere, if secretly thry had hopes he could fight again without huge risk. Instead of just being petty as fuck and exercising power over talent. But if that doesn't happen Miz probably deserves the Rumble more than most (although imagine Bryan costing him by also entering, or even Bryan in the Rumble and Miz costing him on his huge secret surprise return haha. That would be INSANE)

AJ? Could he lose the belt and win the Rumble. Be a bit pointless really.

Balor for his work in NXT was obviously set to be a top guy on Raw. But he's not done enough on Raw to win the Rumble unfortunately (due to injury of course), just because it would seem a bit lame to casual fans, unless they go all out big budget make over and really make an impact with him.

other than that there's just the big names and part timers. All of which you can argue would at least appear to fit the Rumble victors shoes on Name value alone.

Bray Wyatt and Orton winning probably would require the other to hold the world title now, so they will probably miss out
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble   Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 5:11 am

Grecian wrote:
What's happened for Angle's odds to drop like that...?

Cena at 8/1 is a decent shout, especially if he loses to AJ.

apparently Angles deal hes signed is for him to join in april after Mania
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble   Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 12:49 pm

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
I'd just love it if someone who has worked on their own character or performance over the year wins, because this year has felt like the most deserving people have been rewarded at the right time. Obviously on Raw it mirrored the Bryan comments about Mania season where the guys who work all year then move aside for the big part timers, and  KO and Jericho literally moved aside for the Goldberg and Reigns staredown. But maybe they can keep up the trend of deserving winners, and let part timers sell Mania by doing their own thing.

AJ, Miz, Jericho should all be high in WWE Mania plans, Jericho spent the year getting younger guys over and also brought life back in to his own character. This probably started in the Ambrose feud where he just became super petty about every little thing, maybe even before then, but his childish antics grew and became a big part of his development. The 'throw my toys out of the pram' Jericho has been fantastic. I think he might win a MITB this time round. Last year they sowed a seed of "invented it but never won" but Ambrose had the Shield story to finish, so he got that one.

If they work in another match with Roman where Roman can be counted out and lose, he could lock Roman in the shark cage. Which I was sure would happen last week. It seemed the perfect chance to give Jericho a belt for a bit and further his ring veteran smarts.

Miz has to face Bryan, and 2 years rest is probably enough for Bryan to not get a concussion again lol. It might reveal  why WWE wanted to hold him to a contract and not let him fight elsewhere, if secretly thry had hopes he could fight again without huge risk. Instead of just being petty as fuck and exercising power over talent. But if that doesn't happen Miz probably deserves the Rumble more than most (although imagine Bryan costing him by also entering, or even Bryan in the Rumble and Miz costing him on his huge secret surprise return haha. That would be INSANE)

AJ? Could he lose the belt and win the Rumble. Be a bit pointless really.

Balor for his work in NXT was obviously set to be a top guy on Raw. But he's not done enough on Raw to win the Rumble unfortunately (due to injury of course), just because it would seem a bit lame to casual fans, unless they go all out big budget make over and really make an impact with him.

other than that there's just the big names and part timers. All of which you can argue would at least appear to fit the Rumble victors shoes on Name value alone.

Bray Wyatt and Orton winning probably would require the other to hold the world title now, so they will probably miss out

Great post!

I do think Jericho is the most likely winner. Unless they go with Rollins or Ambrose? I don't think Lesnar or Goldberg are winning it, and Miz is nowhere near the top of the card enough to get it. I reckon his thing with Bryan will end at mania, in some kind of loser-leaves-smackdown or hair-vs-beard stip, between Miz and one of Bryan's indie mates (a debuting Joe would be awesome).

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble   Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 11:50 pm

With such a big name part timer stacked Rumble possible, if none of the declared big names win it probably has to be a surprise at this point. I'm talking huge fucking surprise, big enough to top Sting costing Taker in the Rumble match (mad theory one)

I do thiink it will be a night of surprises, layered on top of each other

take your pick from any mad theory:

Cena winning, or not winning the title and the loser winning the Rumble.

Sting costing Taker

Daniel Bryan entering the Rumble (it's okay if Shane puts himself in matches so...)

CM Punk loaned from UFC and winning hahaha

New Raw GM Edge burning or making sweet Edge love to the universal title and hiring Tony Chimel to announce a proper heavyweight or world title title and only ever using the word universal for a multi brand title in the future (like the word universal should be, not just because the WWE universe clusterfuck champion sounded good in one quick meeting) and anycunt winning, it wouldn't really matter just as long as there were two legitimate prizes to go for

New Raw GM Austin, hired by Vince going over Steph's head, stunnering HHH and letting Seth win the Rumble. A few weeks later revealing the title that Vince hid in his house so Austin couldn't get it is reactivated (that storyline probably did resolve itself, but who cares- wwe needs a new/old title lol)
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble   Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble EmptyFri Jan 13, 2017 4:03 pm

A couple of theory's I have:

Cena beats AJ for the belt. Undertaker wins the rumble. Wrestlemania main event right there.

Finn Balor return to win the Rumble. Kevin Owens retains against Reigns. Balor v Owens at mania (but won't main event)

A smackdown rumble winner challenges for the Univeral title or raw rumble winner challenges for WWE title. Could be more interesting as the winner can challenge for any title. I'd love to see Seth Rollins against AJ Styles.

I hope Leanar and Goldberg don't win it. It's too early for Strawman. Jericho hasn't won a Royal Rumble but I think his time has past. Ambrose is a possibility but ato face who? He's faces Cena and Styles.

That's why I think the Royal rumble winner will be The undertaker or someone from raw
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble   Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 11:36 am

Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble Captur11Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble Rdf10
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble   Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 11:37 am

My Jericho prediction looks like its gone now Braun has climb up pretty far think too soon for him to win it but prefer him than taker also Joes climb up so high.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble   Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 3:51 pm

I've given up thinking about who could win the Rumble. Unless its a real shock it seems a bit pointless lol. The Rumble match has so many established names that if they don't have an "unknown" first big winner, then its a wasted chance. If Nakamura or Joe beat Taker, Lesnar, Goldberg, Reigns? Wyatt, Orton, Ambrose, Miz, Jericho, Big Show and the pile of big wwe type bastards that are in it like Green weak Cass, terrible terrible Mojo, Corbin and Strowman. Then you could launch their entire WWE career on that win and the Mania match. Wrestlers who can go and who have proven they can get over, and aren't a risk like the WWE type big men that would usually get a push like that. They could easily give it to Sami Zayn last minute in that same way. Maybe Vince will just pick a final 6 and tell a referee on his ear price who should win when they are all there, that would sum up the feeling of "no real plan" being reported atm lol

What do people think about the Rumble now it's less than a week away?

How about the WWE title match?

A
Right now if I was booking that, I'd just have a normal Cena vs AJ match, they just do their thing for 30 mins until LIGHTS OUT. OMEGA symbol projected on the ring mat, STYLES CLASH 1,2,3. That would either be a cool way to announce a debut without them having to physically appear. (lol) Or have Styles revealed as the man behind it playing mind games with Cena because he can't stop playing up to the "Indies". AJ: "Yes, John. I tricked you. But you know why? It's because Any wrestler from the Indies could come here and beat you at any time, and you know it. You know it John. you're time has passed, our time is now"

Before Cena wins at EC anyway haha
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble   Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 9:51 pm

Convo at work we come up with a theory cos suppose to be cena vs Aj at mania was Aj lose his title and enters rumble and wins this getting to continue the feud past chamber and into mania but I honestly not got a clue who will win my Jericho theory gone right out the window.

I think Rollins will either win a match at the rumble to get in the rumble itself and HHH enters as surprise and eliminates him or HHH enters as surprise and Rollins comes down and eliminates him.

Not posted new pic but Goldberg is odds on fav to win again at 2/1 and Taker and Strowman just behind at 4/1
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble   Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 9:59 pm

But I do think both titles will change hands at Rumble, Both Cena and Reigns winning so I can also see Strowman winning and taken on Reigns at WM.

Also Goldberg being advertised to fight in the main event of fastlane Raw PPV before mania, and as Reigns and Goldberg had stare down can see Reigns vs Goldberg for universal title at fastlane and Lesnar costing Goldberg the title
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble   Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble Empty

Back to top Go down

Who wil win the 2017 Royal Rumble
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next