Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Would A Cena Heel Turn Be Bigger Than Hogans Heel Turn

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Country : Would A Cena Heel Turn Be Bigger Than Hogans Heel Turn England-1

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Would A Cena Heel Turn Be Bigger Than Hogans Heel Turn Empty
PostSubject: Would A Cena Heel Turn Be Bigger Than Hogans Heel Turn   Would A Cena Heel Turn Be Bigger Than Hogans Heel Turn EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 8:20 pm

Hulk Hogans heel turn is probably the biggest heel turn of all time really shocked a load of wrestling fans and really created new things for wrestling as a whole and helped WCW in the Monday night war ratings and created one of the greatest stables of all time NWO. However With Hogan joining the rival company most thought a character change would happen anyway.

I look at it like this both wrestlers were the biggest stars in the wrestling industry and adored by thousands of fans and worldwide known. It's hard to imagine however Cena is the only star that i can think of that could legitimately compete with Hogan as far as having a heel turn be as big.

Cena is loved by fans mainly children and with WWE being PG these days if cena did turn heel all the kids would be heartbroken and completely shocked like many adults as well. however Cena gets a lot of heat these days because people are bored of him and want a character change so the question would be if he did would he end up being cheered ?

I think if it happened the fans would go crazy and actually cheer him I do think cena could pull it off though hes a born entertainer and I do think it would come close to a Hogan heel turn.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Country : Would A Cena Heel Turn Be Bigger Than Hogans Heel Turn Untitl11

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Would A Cena Heel Turn Be Bigger Than Hogans Heel Turn   Would A Cena Heel Turn Be Bigger Than Hogans Heel Turn EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 8:42 pm

At the moment, Cena is loved by kids and hated by the 'smart' fans.

If he turns heel, he'll be hated by the kids, and all the smarks will basically say it's happened due to them. He'll end up the reverse of what he is now!

It would be huge, and I'd love to see it happen.
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Would A Cena Heel Turn Be Bigger Than Hogans Heel Turn   Would A Cena Heel Turn Be Bigger Than Hogans Heel Turn EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 11:47 am

I think it's long overdue but I just can't see it happening - Cena's probably got about 2/3 years left and I don't think they'd want to tarnish his legacy by doing the heel turn. Granted it would be big but it could never be as big as Hogan's for 2 reasons; 1) the size of the audience watching pro wrestling has diminished since the late 90s and so Cena is nowhere near the pop culture icon that Hogan is/was, 2) the internet and smarter fans weren't as common when Hogan turned - I feel that the expectation and rumours would take away from the shock factor of any turn Cena did.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Would A Cena Heel Turn Be Bigger Than Hogans Heel Turn   Would A Cena Heel Turn Be Bigger Than Hogans Heel Turn EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 5:10 pm

It would be like Austin joining Mcmahon if Cena joined HHH, but with the young fans the most annoyed. He'd need a new move set for it to work, but the image of Cena smashing Brock Lesnar with brass knuckles would be a good WWE moment and Brock would probably be able to take a real shot too. HHH throwing Cena some knucks at a PPV to secure the title for the Authority to cement his heel status would really wind up the fans. Maybe Cena as a 15 time champ would keep his heat from the older fans too, thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Would A Cena Heel Turn Be Bigger Than Hogans Heel Turn   Would A Cena Heel Turn Be Bigger Than Hogans Heel Turn EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 7:17 am

I agree 100% with what dwindow said. At the time hall and Nash came in and were taking out all the wcw guys. People assumed they were still wwe guys invading wcw. Hogan was thought of the guy to save wcw. Then the turn happened.

Today though, how and who on would Cena turn heel? And what would be the reason behind it? Yes Cena gets booed now so easy route is for him to blame the fans but he still needs someone to turn on. Can't be ambrose because those two have had matches recently.

The only possible opponent IMO would be the undertaker, but even that moment has gone now the streak is over.

I can't see Cena ever turning heel.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Would A Cena Heel Turn Be Bigger Than Hogans Heel Turn   Would A Cena Heel Turn Be Bigger Than Hogans Heel Turn EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:09 am

he's still number one contender vs Brock and if he took the easy way with help from HHH that would be big enough to shock people. HHH was already dropping hints that he would like to recruit Cena a while ago. It probably won't happen, but it might be something they discuss as an option. They have dropped hints since his Wyatt feud that he could turn, but he always resists.

You never know, one day Steph and Trips could wake up and decide to pull the trigger to make their era stand out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would A Cena Heel Turn Be Bigger Than Hogans Heel Turn   Would A Cena Heel Turn Be Bigger Than Hogans Heel Turn Empty

Back to top Go down

Would A Cena Heel Turn Be Bigger Than Hogans Heel Turn
Page 1 of 1