Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

The Sting heel turn

Go down 
+2
thegunman84
the-gaffer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

The Sting heel turn Empty
PostSubject: The Sting heel turn   The Sting heel turn EmptySun May 30, 2010 12:18 pm

What do people think about this? do you consider him a full on heel? whats your thinking behind his reasons?

Here is my thinking

Sting turned heel because he passed the torch onto AJ Styles. Hogan promised TNA that he is going to promote and breathe life into the new young talent, but the last 4 weeks have all been about Hogan this, Hogan that. Sting can't take it anymore, that is why he turned on Hogan with the bat. For breaking his promise. Instead of passing on his wisdom and creating superstars, he's trying to recreate himself and build on existing superstars. And Sting doesn't approve of it at all.

Sting doesn't want to see TNA turn into WCW, he doesn't want to sign big name superstars. He wants to help create superstars, like Hogan had promised. This is why he destroyed RVD. He is sending a message to Hogan, Stop signing Stars. You keep pitchin them, and I will literally knock em out of the stadium.

But Sting doesn't think of himself as a heel, He thinks he is doing what is right for TNA. He has nothing to explain to Dixie, cause she let Hogan take control. So Sting is in the right, because Hogan broke his promise. And he doesn't like the way Hogan is running things.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: The Sting heel turn   The Sting heel turn EmptySun May 30, 2010 1:09 pm

Interesting theory. I would consider him a full on heel at the moment, if he believes he is in the right, then that just makes for a better heel. I do think his turn definitely has something to do with Hogan and the way he's running the company, but not certain if it's to do with Hogan signing established stars, otherwise why did Sting side with Flair a couple of months back?
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: The Sting heel turn   The Sting heel turn EmptySun May 30, 2010 1:15 pm

I'd say because maybe Flair is mentoring the younger talent, the fresh talent, where Hogan was mentoring established WWE talent and the old guard
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: The Sting heel turn   The Sting heel turn EmptySun May 30, 2010 2:28 pm

I suppose that could sorta make sense, although the guy that Hogan is visibly trying to mentor is Abyss which I would think Sting would have been fine with, unless they go with Sting being pissed off at Hogan turning Abyss into an even bigger joke than he was before (which may finally result in Abyss reverting to a gimmick which actually suits him).

I do reckon they're building towards Hogan vs Sting, but I've got to ask, does anybody actually want to see that again?
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: The Sting heel turn   The Sting heel turn EmptySun May 30, 2010 4:37 pm

maybe for one last time yeah why not?
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: The Sting heel turn   The Sting heel turn EmptySun May 30, 2010 4:45 pm

It's slightly similar to the beginning of Jericho's current heel run, no? In that, Sting is "saving" the fans by not letting TNA being turned into WCW and run into the ground.

This type of turn is refreshing in a time when seemingly the only way to turn is to either turn into a nutter or randomly claim to hate the fans.
Back to top Go down
Bobby Roode
Developmental Contract
Developmental Contract
Bobby Roode

Number of posts : 328 Favourite Wrestler : Robert Roode and James Storm. Braden Walker.

PostSubject: Re: The Sting heel turn   The Sting heel turn EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 4:04 pm

I hope to god the run with this angle Gaffer. Maybe too intelligent for Vince Russo though!
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

PostSubject: Re: The Sting heel turn   The Sting heel turn EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 5:37 pm

Is Russo still writing TNA shows?

Quote :
I do reckon they're building towards Hogan vs Sting, but I've got to ask, does anybody actually want to see that again?

Not in the ring no but maybe as the figureheads of a fued over the morality of what Sting perceives to be Hogan doing
Back to top Go down
wfbud420
Amateur Wrestler
Amateur Wrestler
wfbud420

Location : Texas Number of posts : 147 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Eddie Guerrero, Ric Flair, Hulk/Hollywood Hogan, Undertaker, Mankind, Lex Luger, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, The Miz, Diesel, Randy Orton

PostSubject: Re: The Sting heel turn   The Sting heel turn EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:35 am

Sting vs. Hogan?? Nah.

But, what you said makes sense Gaffer. He's not exactly a heel in the sense that he's trying to save something good. I would really like to see TNA go to bigger and better things. They have come so far already. I wouldn't want to see Hogan push TNA into another WCW either.
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

PostSubject: Re: The Sting heel turn   The Sting heel turn EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:30 am

The-Gaffer™ wrote:
Is Russo still writing TNA shows?

As far as I know, he still is. He did say he was going to step down at some point but there's been no notification of that actually happening yet. Still keeping my fingers crossed that when he does go, they manage to persuade Heyman to take over as head booker, I actually think that could boost ratings with more smarks and ex ECW fans tuning in to see what he does.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sting heel turn   The Sting heel turn Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sting heel turn
Page 1 of 1