Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

World Cup 2014 thread

Go down 
+6
feяgie22
hodge13
Mackem
randy-poffo
Sexton Hardcastle
Grecian
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

World Cup 2014 thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 6:37 pm

build it around Nick Powell 2016 macks, then we're laughing. Someone that isn't scared to beat a man or shoot whatever the occasion. It was no surprise he fit in well at United before his injury. Confidence and arrogance and instinct, but grounded enough to say things like 'I just kicked it' after his Wembley stunner. Believe in the Powell.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 10:22 pm

So how is people finding the World Cup? Ive not seen every game due to working night shift but the games ive seen ive enjoyed.

Columbia seem to be going about their business quietly.
Brazil are ok but are vunrable at the back.
Belgium and Argentina doing what they need to.

Quite an open world cup. Felt a bit for Chile.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 7:57 am

The teams that have impressed me most are Colombia, France, Germany and the Dutch. Following from last night, James Rodriguez from Colombia is a stunningly good player.

Brazil seem to have the luck at the moment. Chile almost smashed the bar in injury-time of extra time and their final penalty was about a quarter of an inch from hitting the post and going in.

Argentina must be thanking God that Messi is doing what Messi does best, Belgium have a hell of a squad but haven't found the right attacking combination.

In terms of the matches, it's one of the best World Cups I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 1:04 pm

what are everyones favourite moments so far? And who is your favourite commentator/pundit?

I really liked last nights game, after 80 minutes anyway. It was like a premier league game until then, with one team defending well to stop any excitement. But then it blew up, along with Danny Murphy, who hadn't been hiding his boredom with the event until that point. I like when commentators don't try to make a crap game seem exciting, we were all feeling the same, but the final 40 minutes including extra time were fantastic. I'm sure I've seen someone sub for penalities before, but that made the whole event an even bigger story. I don't know if anyone noticed, but Krul was inches away from every penalty he let in too, he just knew where they were going to put it. Brilliant mind games, I think he must have been speaking in their native tongue, making them pick the side he wanted.

I know Clarke Carlisle is smarter than the average footballer, but he doesn't half chat some bollocks.

The best thing about the world cup however, is Baker and Kelly on BT. And the Cannavaro love-in on ITV, he even giggles on live TV!
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 9:14 am

Favourite pundit so far has been Murphy, he was coming out with some unusual insight for a commentator (like the bit when he pointed out that yellow cards get wiped out after the quarter finals, so if you haven't been booked yet you might as well wallop RVP and have a 'free' one - not often you'll hear something like that from a pro/ex-pro).

Costa Rica vs Holland was a hell of a game. Got to say, until then the quarters hadn't quite lived up to the earlier rounds for excitement. France vs Germany was such a dull game.

I don't know if I have a favourite moment, but David Luiz's celebration after his free-kick will take some beating.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 2:00 pm

he's a smart guy, and he knows there are flaws in the rules and how players can exploit them. He's not suggesting he did it, but that there is no deterent. If you think about it, you can see why some players put a little extra on some tackles. The Columbian had nothing to lose by smashing Neymar, for example.

He does something I do as well. He was probably wrong on the Wesley free kick example, and the studio idiots mocked him, but if the ball was going in, by definition it's closer to the keeper, so he may have got something on it. You'd have to freeze frame it to know, but most disregard a goalkeeper if they are a few inches away and it hits the post, by saying 'if the ball was a few inches closer it would have gone in'
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 10:43 pm

Bit annoyed that I had money on Argentina winning the tournament, but have to say the Germans were the best side over the whole tournament.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 10:45 pm

Can't argue really. Germans overall best team on the cup. I won just over £100 on the game being won in extra time.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 12:36 pm

Was a decent final, but like you two say, Germany have been the best team in this year's world cup. Argentina could of and perhaps should of won that final with the chances Higuian and Messi had. No idea how Messi got player of the tournament, he only really showed flashes of brilliance.

Think the final would of been better with Holland in the final instead of Argentina but hey ho Germany would of probably won.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 9:51 pm

Fair play to the Germans, best team at the tournament. IMO Muller should have been player of the tournament very closely by Rodruigez.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 10:12 pm

Yeah, couldn't believe Messi got it. He barely did anything after the group stages. Robben also deserved something - but admitting he dived probably cost him.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 12:32 am

World Cup 2014 thread - Page 3 10557248_1106293666077515_2048138737510390520_n
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 11:20 am

Agree with Grec, Robben should of won it but the diving cost him probably. Even with that image you posted Fergie still don't think he should of won. Think Muller should of won.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 12:42 pm

Messi only ever shows flashes of brilliance, Jack. This is why he is consistantly better for Barcelona, because they have other great players. He will never, never EEEEVVVVEERRR dominate international football, again (he never has)

When he does something good, it is really good, but I was watching him and he strolled past a german, who had the ball, without even looking at him, let alone trying to get the ball from him. I've never liked his attitude to football, and he'll never be a true great, despite having all the technical ability required.

Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 3:39 pm

I Ha the same argument with a mate of mine over messi. Argentina were in the easiest group, and even though they got 9 points they seemed to struggle. They should of won all there games 3 or 4 nil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

World Cup 2014 thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3