Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

World Cup 2014 thread

Go down 
+6
feяgie22
hodge13
Mackem
randy-poffo
Sexton Hardcastle
Grecian
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

World Cup 2014 thread Empty
PostSubject: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread EmptyMon May 12, 2014 6:16 am

Seemed like a good idea to start this on the day Hodgson names the England squad.

Already announced that Ashley Cole isn't going, and he's retired from international football. I would have taken him, but can see why Roy hasn't.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread EmptyMon May 12, 2014 2:08 pm

England world cup squad:

Goalkeepers

Joe Hart (Manchester City)
Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion)
Fraser Forster (Celtic)

Leighton Baines (Everton)
Gary Cahill (Chelsea)
Phil Jagielka (Everton)
Glen Johnson (Liverpool)
Phil Jones (Man Utd)
Luke Shaw (Southampton)
Chris Smalling (Man Utd)

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool) - captain
Ross Barkley (Everton)
Jordan Henderson (Liverpool)
Adam Lallana (Southampton)
Frank Lampard (Chelsea)
James Milner (Manchester City)
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal)
Raheem Sterling (Liverpool)
Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

Rickie Lambert (Southampton)
Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)
Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool)
Danny Welbeck (Manchester United)

On standby:

Michael Carrick (Manchester United)
Andy Carroll (West Ham United)
Tom Cleverley (Manchester United)
Jermain Defoe (Toronto FC)
Jon Flanagan (Liverpool)
John Ruddy (Norwich City)
John Stones (Everton)

Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread EmptyMon May 12, 2014 4:19 pm

only obvious thing I dislike is Ox over Carrick. He's a ball loser, Carrick has been good all season, especially covering defensive errors. Also why bother with Sterling as the only winger? but maybe he'll be a sub in a front 3

Think it's settled we're using a narrowing 4 2 3 1 maybe Flanagan would be more use than another midfielder and keep the UTD defenders as Centre back only, the wing backs will be knackered
Back to top Go down
randy-poffo
TNA debut
TNA debut
randy-poffo

Location : middlesbrough Number of posts : 919 Favourite Wrestler : macho man randy savage

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread EmptyMon May 12, 2014 6:27 pm

I can see your point with Carrick not being picked with the heat and humidity there we could do with someone who can keep the ball and slow things down.
I would have been tempted to take Adam Johnson just so we could mix it up a bit if things were not going to plan and play with two natural wingers.
I don't like the that we have kept Lampard in the squad, I've got nothing against him but he has not done much this season and is not going to be around for the next world cup, just a wasted spot in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread EmptyMon May 12, 2014 6:43 pm

he has... Unsettled business! He could come in handy for seeing out group games and any penalties or free kicks. Middle of the park is the only place we need experience really. Everyone else can just play with no fear then.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread EmptyMon May 12, 2014 6:45 pm

and if he doesn't play much, he can offer advice. If we take a kid to not play he'll just be bored and anxious
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread EmptyMon May 12, 2014 8:33 pm

I'm happy with the squad. Regarding Carrick, we have Lampard, Gerrard and even Henderson who can play in front of the back 4. Ox offers pace and can play down the wing. The only worry I have is glen Johnson at right back. Walker injured so no one really to take over. Jenkinson hasn't played enough and Micah Richards hasn't either smalling and jones shouldn't be playing there. I think Milner is a good choice too. He was out best player at the euros.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread EmptyMon May 12, 2014 8:33 pm

Also I would of been on the blower to John terry. Love him or hate him. His partnership with Cahill this season has been great.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread EmptyMon May 12, 2014 10:14 pm

Satisfied with the squad, very happy Shaw is going instead of Cole, considering Cole has been behind Azpilicueta who is playing out of position at LB and Shaw has made most teams of the season. Only person I would have liked to have seen included would have been Adam Johnson, just for that wildcard factor he brings.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread EmptyTue May 13, 2014 12:18 am

Watching Sunderland this season I can see why Johnson isn't going. Even though he is a winger he tires easily and struggles to beat his man with pace. A poor mans beckham if you like. Matt Jarvis is slightly better than jonno if it is an out n out winger you want.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread EmptyTue May 13, 2014 9:20 pm

So who are you chaps picking to win this?

I have a sneaky feeling Uruguay could go all the way. I also thenk Belgium will go out in the group stages.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread EmptyTue May 13, 2014 9:57 pm

Argentina.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread EmptyWed May 14, 2014 4:15 pm

Argentina too.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread EmptyWed May 14, 2014 5:12 pm

it's tempting to just say Spain. Heat won't affect them and they're just so boring and consistant.
Back to top Go down
randy-poffo
TNA debut
TNA debut
randy-poffo

Location : middlesbrough Number of posts : 919 Favourite Wrestler : macho man randy savage

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread EmptyWed May 14, 2014 5:39 pm

Im going for an outside bet in Chile. Hard group to get out of though.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread EmptyThu May 22, 2014 11:40 pm

Just noticed that the 2 teams who finish 1st and 2nd in the group can meet again in the semi finals and not the final as normal. I find that quite strange.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread EmptyTue May 27, 2014 3:09 pm

Anyone on here collecting the Panini footy stickers? Be honest now...
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread EmptyTue May 27, 2014 4:24 pm

No but a few of my mates are.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 10:56 am

Grecian wrote:
Anyone on here collecting the Panini footy stickers? Be honest now...

iv been doing the virtual album on fifas website as free
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 12:05 am

Daily Mirror with a belter of a backpage headline...

World Cup 2014 thread Bp4ZBQpCAAApQE1
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 12:23 pm

well the tactics are hardly going to be let Pirlo have it as much as he wants and let the forwards run through the offside trap over and over again
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 1:31 pm

Well obviously but there's no need to print the players roles and what looks like the starting XI for Italy on Saturday
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 1:56 pm

The sun didnt print the photo they had. I'd of been surprised if the Italians could read it cos the writing is terrible.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 4:15 pm

If anyone is interested I'm running a dream team mini league in the sun with my mates. Feel free to join. Fergie has joined.

League name: Lovely League
Password: nice1
PIN number: 8091567
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 1:23 am

England need to dump Rooney. Roy did the right thing in playing Sturridge up front, Sterling just in behind and Welbeck on the right, but Rooney did not impress. Bit that summed it up for me was when Barkley was bearing in on goal, so Rooney took the ball off him and fucked up whatever his shot. Rooney's got to the point where h's so desperate to impress, he foregoes the team.

Final ball wasn't up to par at all.

Finally, that free kick from Pirlo at the end... bloody hell!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Cup 2014 thread   World Cup 2014 thread Empty

Back to top Go down

World Cup 2014 thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next