Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Country : Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling England-1

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling   Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:22 pm

Quote :
Matt Morgan asked for a release from his TNA contract last month and was granted his wish today.

Morgan hinted leaving the company in spring of 2012, only to return later that fall. Since his return he has barely been used.

As noted last week, the company also released Crimson, Joey Ryan, Christian York, Taeler Hendrix and Madison Rayne.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling   Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:23 pm

Quote :
Matt Morgan tweeted about his release from TNA this week:

"Id like to truly thank Tna for my awesome experience there along with granting me my release. This is what is best for my career&family."

- TNA issued this statement on Morgan's departure:

"Impact Wrestling has released Matt Morgan. We thank him for all his contributions and wish him the best of success in the future."
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling   Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:23 pm

WWE Return then ?
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling   Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 1:16 pm

I honestly think they'd be stupid not to hire him now. I don't know what prevented a solid push for him, it's like they wanted to, but couldn't be arsed to. Maybe he has backstage issues? but he is easilly marketable, especially in the times of no real gimmick 'sports star' heels. I think a giant who can actually move about like the 6 foot 4 guys is a real plus.

TNA could have had him in the Mafia instead of Magnus, who I don't think fits the role at all.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Country : Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling Untitl11

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling   Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 1:55 pm

Morgan is one of the few TNA guys who I genuinely think could be a big deal in WWE. I think that's where he'll likely end up.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling   Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 4:06 pm

i think that he was always start to be pushed then halfway through the build up they'd pull it and leave him off tv for a couple of months then bring him back tag division for a while then back to pushing him solo then drop him again to me sounds like they didn't have enough faith in him to fully go through with it.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling   Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 7:35 pm

Cant see him in WWE for a while yet, his missus is up the duff.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling   Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:35 pm

I cant see him fitting in the wwe. We have Ryback, Mark Henry, Big Show and Kane. Those are the big guys and do wwe need anymore? Also, I think they are past the tall muscle guys now. They are looking more to the indys.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling   Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:20 pm

feяgie22 wrote:
Cant see him in WWE for a while yet, his missus is up the duff.

Depends if he needs the money. Can't imagine TNA have been paying him a lot, especially if he's off TV. Tensai / Albert / Sweet T had a pregnant missus, so came back to WWE for the regular pay.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling   Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:56 pm

From his tweet i would imagine he would be going back to WWE has he would be getting more money to provide for his family.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling   Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:57 pm

Mackem wrote:
I cant see him fitting in the wwe. We have Ryback, Mark Henry, Big Show and Kane. Those are the big guys and do wwe need anymore? Also, I think they are past the tall muscle guys now. They are looking more to the indys.

One doesn't stick to Smackdown though think he he was the main big guy on SD then i can see him fitting in. Plus the others are heels part from Kane so he could Be the Big Guy Face.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling   Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 7:55 am

Mackem wrote:

Not really, Ryback's push would show that Vince still has a massve hard-on for the big muscle guys, plus Big E Langston will get a huge push at some point. with Morgan, he's been around a while so no training needed, he's worked in WWE so knows the style, he's a safe pair of wrestling hands to go with.

Although I'd be interested to see if he can retain that physique with regular drug-testing that has actual penalties for breaking it...
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling   Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:00 am

I can see point but why didn't wwe keep him? I can't really remember his time in wwe ( was it around the same time Nathan Jones was kicking about - around 19 year ago I think). If Vince likes his big guys so much it seems strange why they let him go?
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling   Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:00 am

I can see point but why didn't wwe keep him? I can't really remember his time in wwe ( was it around the same time Nathan Jones was kicking about - around 19 year ago I think). If Vince likes his big guys so much it seems strange why they let him go?
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling   Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 9:37 am

From what I remember, he was working with a stupid stuttering gimmick, and was just another huge roided-up monster in a company full of them. At the time, they also had Nathan Jones, Batista, Chris Masters, Lashley was about to debut... he wasn't that good at all.

Now he much more experienced, and offers a hell of a lot more. Him, Magnus, Kurt and Jeff Hardy are about the only TNA guys who I could see being a success in WWE.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling   Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:16 am

I'm fully with Grecian. I've been fully expecting Morgan and Magnus to be the future of wrestling in terms of credible long term players. It's hard to remember, but Morgan improved and added to his move set well, with a cross over between classic big man moves, striking and solid signature moves. He doesn't look like tiring after ten minutes, uses ring location and spot moves well, and he's always playing to the crowd naturally within the context of the match. If booked correctly I don't think people wouldn't question his success
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling   Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling Empty

Back to top Go down

Matt Morgan Granted Release from TNA Wrestling
Page 1 of 1