Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble)

Go down 
+8
Rocky2
feяgie22
dwindow
Saint Jimmy
MaFish
Horizon
Mackem
boschbourne06
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble) Empty
PostSubject: And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble)   And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:01 am

Sheamus won the royal rumble which surprised me i was certain it would be Jericho so nice little surprise there. Think he will take on Danil Bryan now at Wrestlemania .
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble)   And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:55 pm

I said all the long it would be Sheamus. He's been kept on TV without really doing anything big. Jericho has the End of the World thing to be going on with. Orton and Barrett fighting amongst themselves. The only other person I could of realisticlly winning was John Cena.

Whats peoples thoughts on the event itself? For my too many video packages. I believe Mark Henry is injured still (or again) hence why the cage match was shorter than planned, so thats why they had Brodus v Drew.

Also, Didn't like all of the announce team in the ruumble. Ted Dibease Jnr, Drew McIntyre and Brodus Clay could all of been in instead.

Ricardo Rodreguez was mint taking th piss out o
Back to top Go down
Horizon
World Champion Winner At WM
World Champion Winner At WM
Horizon

Location : Bristol Number of posts : 2650 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble)   And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:08 pm

It was one of the worst rumble matches I can remember. Big Show at number 30 was a bit disappointing when everyone was expecting it to be a surprise return or something.

Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

Location : Barnsley Number of posts : 2244 Favourite Wrestler : Big Daddy Smile

PostSubject: Re: And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble)   And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 2:44 pm

I need to rewatch everything but the Rumble itself, got slightly distracted during the first half of the ppv. I popped for the "Oh you didn't know? " bigtime, but I was smashed at the time lol. Rumble parties are awesome!!
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble)   And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 3:00 pm

Very dissapointing in my opinion. Sheamus winning doesnt do anything for me at all and I didnt really enjoy the ending to the CM Punk match.

The two filler matches (the Divas and Drew McIntyre match) were utter garbage and well just that, filler.

Im getting annoyed with the Brodus Clay gimmick as well now. Really gets on my tits.

Cena vs Kane was boring as sin and Big Show as number 30 was so anti climactic as I was expecting like Undertaker or Triple H maybe.

However I did pop for Road Dogg, Kharma and Jerichos entrance.
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble)   And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 3:25 pm

I thought that the cage match was ok, I thought that would be the kind of finish they would do though which is fine by me.

Ziggler bumped around well for Punk but the whole Laurinitis angle was just for TV anyway really.

The actual Rumble was very odd, it seemed to go very quickly but they accomplished what needed to be done: Rhodes eliminated a lot of guys and Miz lasted a long time so kept them strong in the match. There were way too many comedy entrants for my liking but Ricardo was incredible!! The number 30 entrant was also disappointing as I was expecting either Nash, HHH or Taker but the last 10 mins were very good. Sheamus winning was a massive shock for me and it'll be interesting how it all plays out now.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble)   And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:25 pm

I think it will be a fatal 4-way at wrestlemania between Sheamus v Barrett v Orton v Bryan.

Agreed, it was a bit of a wierd Rumble but as I said above for me only Sheamus or Cena would of won it.

Brodus Clay is getting a bit boring - but who can he fued with? The Miz?

I think Big Show was a last minute decision. i think I would of rather had Hornswoggle be No.30
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble)   And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:21 pm

Ricardo was fucking class taking th piss out o

Was i the only cunt to pick Kharma as an entrant?
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble)   And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:36 pm

Yup you were the only "cunt" to pick Kharma Wink
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble)   And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:57 pm

You guys have already mentioned a lot of points that I was going to bring up.

Big Show being a crap No 30 entrant, a thought which the crowd seemed to share too. The award for "Crowd Killer Of The Year" currently goes to Jinder Mahal though. Jesus Christ, it was like a funeral when his music hit!

I wanted Sheamus to win (not only for the prediction league!), but I was also surprised Jericho didn't. The whole "End Of The World" thing seems a bit flat now. I can see him perhaps challenging Sheamus on RAW for his WrestleMania shot, similar to Edge goading Mr Kennedy into a match for the MITB briefcase a few years ago. Sheamus, as it currently stands, has no reason to be at Elimination Chamber which is strange considering he is all over the advertising for it.

The cage match was better than I thought it would be. Daniel Bryan plays the cowardly heel well. I thought he would get put through the cage (and thus escape in the most lame way) though.

I don't like the long "duel" they have between the final two people in the Rumble. It gets boring, and I'd prefer it if 3 or more stayed in as long as possible and the final eliminations were in quick succession.

I thought the Rock and Cena video packages were amazing. I hope they have ones in similar style, but with different content at Elimination Chamber.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble)   And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:13 pm

You may have a point but Jericho could face Sheamus at Elimination Chamber for no.1 contender.

That will leave the Chamber Matches as follows:

Smackdown EC: Orton, Barrett, Big Show, Mark Henry, Drew McIntyre and Daniel Bryan

Raw EC: The Miz, R-Truth, Dolph Ziggler, Kane, John Cena and CM Punk.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble)   And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:05 pm

I, like rocky thought the cena-rock build up was very well executed in the video packages. Almost seems like the highlight of the ppv?! Eve made me want to commit. I know ryder sucked arse in his chair, but eve as his mouthpiece? Come on! A Divas match, a would be dark match, a crap world title cage match, and a muddled together rumble filled with non entities in terms of potential winners and in their draw power. Half of the entrants were various staff and retired people. Thought the time keeper may have had number 30 spot.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble)   And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:15 pm

I think those video packages showed how poor the PPV was. Yes, good build ups as the road to wrestlemania starts now but it should of happened on tonights Raw and not the Royal Rumble.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

PostSubject: Re: And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble)   And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:35 pm

Regarding the packages for Cena v Rock, I also thought they were fantastic but kinda distracted me from the actual PPV. Like Mack said, should of started tonight on RAW.

The Cage match was ok wasn't surprised at Bryan retaining. Kinda expected him to win in that fashion.

Kane v Cena was ok, thought it was pretty good when Kane tombstoned Ryder and laid out Cena.

WWE Title match I thought Laurinitis was going to screw Punk at the end there, but I guess it builds nicely onto tonight's RAW.

Diva and Brodus Clay v Mcintyre was just a time waste and for people to for a toilet break and visit the concessions stand.

Rumble match was good but it had a few too many entertainers and not enough legitimate wrestlers. It was good seeing Santino, Rodriguez and Foley in there. Was good to see Road Dogg enter in and that was funny when he did his signature move. Thought it was pretty funny seeing Booker T in there as I've always liked him as a wrestler and a commentator. Micheal Cole entering was a surprise. I didn't expect to see that one who was in TNA, the big looking women-fella. Thought she was released a while back.

Glad that Sheamus won and the road to wrestlemania is looking pretty good. I think he'll go for Daniel Bryan.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble)   And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:38 pm

Kane was meant to have number 30 but he had a cut above his eye so big show got his spot, that the first Rumble match Kane has missed since '99, i think.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble)   And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:41 pm

I don't think Eve is terrible, she is pretty bad though! I'm waiting for Cena to FU her, after he fails to save her paraplegic boyfriend for the 10th time.

A random question, but why was only one Uso in the Rumble? I'm not an avid watcher of the TV juggernauts that are NXT and Superstars, but I'm confident the two of them are still as indistinguishable from each other as when they debuted.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

PostSubject: Re: And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble)   And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:47 pm

Perfect Jack wrote:
I didn't expect to see that one who was in TNA, the big looking women-fella. Thought she was released a while back.

Kharma is the "woman-fella" lol.

Nah, she didn't get released, I think she was pregnant. She left around May time, if I recall correctly, so that would make her on the verge of labour right now so how true that rumour was, I don't know?
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble)   And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:07 pm

The Raw Elimination Chamber match will be contested between: Punk, Ziggler, Kingston, Miz, Truth and Jericho - WWE.com
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

PostSubject: Re: And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble)   And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble) EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:17 am

Im glad i didn't pay for this, was shite. Being the "silver anniversary" i thought it would have been better...

Ricardo was class, and the Kofi handstand shit was nice.

I really thought Jericho was gonna eliminate himself for some reason, to further his trolling, it might be intresting to see how they go from here with him considering last Raw his statment...

road dogg was a mark out, the three announcers was predictable.

Not a great ppv

Sheamus winning was the only suprise
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble)   And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble) EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:36 am

I'm pissed off at the Punk / Ziggler match, all the good work WWE had done with Dolph over the past few weeks and months got royally shat on by him losing the same match 4 times, all cleanly.

The Rumble itself was okay, but waaay too many guys who didn't stand a chance of winning. banging cena and kane into it instead of Ezekiel Jackson and Jinder Mahal would have made it more unpredictable.

I also think Sheamus won as a swerve, everyone was expecting Orton or jericho to do it.
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

PostSubject: Re: And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble)   And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble) EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:20 pm

Yeah they like to swerve when it comes to the Rumble. When Cena won in 08 (points to anybody who can name the prophet on here who pipped that one... months after...) he was on Sky Sports that week saying he was still going to be out for months.

I'm not disappointed in the slightest about Sheamus, talented Guy and somebody who can deliver in a big match. I'm just thinking about how this will impact Jericho and this angle, I've not seen Raw yet so stop me if this sounds dodgy, its as if they are teasing alot of things with no intention of delivering any of it, Jericho is in a spot where its not going to do any long term damage to him, but any random midcarder this would take years to shake off, but still its early days for the angle.
Back to top Go down
MaFish
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
MaFish

PostSubject: Re: And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble)   And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble) EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:29 pm

WWE are very capable of pulling off a slow burn story, its just something you can't trust them doing in this day and age of day to day booking and rewrites the day of the show...
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble)   And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble) EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:06 pm

I still think they only ever mentioned end of the world as we know it etc, because of the 2012 prophecy and it was just an easy way to write a mysterious promo package.

I hadn't really seen sheamus speak at all, but the crowd seem to like him and I guess being irish is like being american anyway so will have a good following in the north and east. And they DO need to push people properly this year to secure a future.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble)   And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble) EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:09 pm

oh and I think if kane wussed out from a little cut, then I guess if kane was 30 he'd have come out to immense heat, destroy a few people, then Cena would come out and take him out of the match and continued a brawl out of the ring area, Jericho would use the distraction to fuck over orton, mock the crowd then sheamus could have recovered from a kane chokeslam or whatever and dump out jericho to huge applause
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble)   And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble) EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:39 pm

Grecian wrote:
I also think Sheamus won as a swerve, everyone was expecting Orton or jericho to do it.

tum de tum
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble)   And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble) Empty

Back to top Go down

And The Winner Is (Royal Rumble)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next