Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

40 man Royal Rumble?

Go down 
+7
Saint Jimmy
Grecian
hodge13
JacMan
boschbourne06
dwindow
Perfect Jack
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

40 man Royal Rumble?  Empty
PostSubject: 40 man Royal Rumble?    40 man Royal Rumble?  EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 8:02 pm

Quote :
The January classic that kicks off the road to WrestleMania is about to change! The famous match of 30 guys getting into the ring fighting for a main event spot is changing.

I got a few phone calls and texts from sources that the Royal Rumble battle royal match will feature 40 superstars. You heard it here first!

After I first posted this story, WWE's Joey Styles tweeted it which should confirm what my sources told me.

This doesn't change the pool of who is going to win! You still remain with the same handful of guys who are likely choices to be in the main event of WrestleMania.

This does give 10 more guys some face time in one of the most anticipated matches of the year! This is a chance for more character exposure and more feuds to potentially be spawned out of the match.

I cut out most of the crap but here's the link as well.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/exclusive-breaking-news-royal-rumble-changing-121235
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: 40 man Royal Rumble?    40 man Royal Rumble?  EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:47 pm

Wow, that'd be pretty cool, I love the rumble!!

Only problem is that the extras will be rubbish jobbers, hopefully they may put in a few unknown FCW talent...
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: 40 man Royal Rumble?    40 man Royal Rumble?  EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:54 pm

the extra 10 will go out quickly
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
JacMan
Second Divorce
JacMan

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 3774 Favourite Wrestler : Undertaker, CM Punk, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Michael McGillicutty, Jericho, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, Jack Swagger

All Time - JBL/Edge/Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: 40 man Royal Rumble?    40 man Royal Rumble?  EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 12:11 am

expect quick eliminations as they wont want the ring too fulll at any one time, thats one thing i remember about 2010 rumble, certain people were eliminated too quickly eg rhodes,dibiase,kane,matt hardy,swagger,ziggler,bourne off the top of my head.

although it basically guarantees run outs for likes of chavo, regal, harris and mcgillicutty so theres a plus point,
Back to top Go down
hodge13
Most decorated Champion in history
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: 40 man Royal Rumble?    40 man Royal Rumble?  EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 3:47 am

could well be to accomodate the members of the NXT series that have made it to the roster and keep all those before
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: 40 man Royal Rumble?    40 man Royal Rumble?  EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:46 am

It really pisses me off when WWE do this - something works well, so they just chuck more people in and it turns into a mess.

MITB worked brilliantly with 6 people, it cut out the amount of extended selling at ringside. So they whacked it up to 10 for Mania last year.

Adding another 10 slots just so the likes of Primo, Darren Young and others get their one PPV appearance of 2011 is just pointless.
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: 40 man Royal Rumble?    40 man Royal Rumble?  EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 12:03 pm

The old saying of "If it ain't broke, then dont fix it" springs to mind.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: 40 man Royal Rumble?    40 man Royal Rumble?  EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 5:39 pm

No point in this atall.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: 40 man Royal Rumble?    40 man Royal Rumble?  EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 5:59 pm

feяgie22 wrote:
No point in this atall.

This

They will end up every entry after 1 minute like they did in 1995!
Back to top Go down
therustman
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
therustman

PostSubject: Re: 40 man Royal Rumble?    40 man Royal Rumble?  EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:30 pm

Think how much of Punk - the best thing about it - would have been missed with 1 minute entries.

Fingers crossed for a longer match and a heel win.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: 40 man Royal Rumble?    40 man Royal Rumble?  EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:36 pm

Hopefully we get Punk promo's between entrys/eliminations again.
That was the best thing about the Rumble last year.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

PostSubject: Re: 40 man Royal Rumble?    40 man Royal Rumble?  EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 10:36 pm

Definitely. Punk should win the Rumble to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: 40 man Royal Rumble?    40 man Royal Rumble?  EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 8:44 pm

Who do people think will get a good run in the Rumble this year? come in between 3 and 10 (now there is 40 guys) and stay in until the last 4-6 people in it?

I think John Morrison will be this guy. He was my pick to win it but i've gone of the idea.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

PostSubject: Re: 40 man Royal Rumble?    40 man Royal Rumble?  EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:53 pm

Morrison definitely. Sheamus and Del Rio will be in the last 6 as well.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: 40 man Royal Rumble?    40 man Royal Rumble?  EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:46 pm

Tyson Kidd maybe? I don't know if he will be in the final 6 but with help from his bodyguard, I can see him lasting for a fair bit of time.

The Rumble should be interesting this year with Barrett's new group and Nexus potentially meeting for the first time.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: 40 man Royal Rumble?    40 man Royal Rumble?  EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:50 pm

His bodyguard has been sent back to FCW.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: 40 man Royal Rumble?    40 man Royal Rumble?  EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:54 pm

Oh right. Perhaps they might stick with the bodyguard idea and just get someone else to do it. The Great Khali maybe?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 40 man Royal Rumble?    40 man Royal Rumble?  Empty

Back to top Go down

40 man Royal Rumble?
Page 1 of 1