Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Bound For Glory 2011

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Discopants
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Discopants

Location : Babylon Number of posts : 7492 Favourite Wrestler : Abdullah the Butcher

Bound For Glory 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Bound For Glory 2011   Bound For Glory 2011 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 6:48 pm

So how many people have watched this yet?

I thought it was solid, but with TNA you never seem to get that "big event" feeling, it was basically a slightly juicier impact set, even Smackdown feels like a more grand stage. Not their fault I suppose though.

Anyway, the event itself was pretty solid. Didn't see the pre-match with Mexican-America but glad they retained, Ink inc look a bit shit to be honest.

The opening match was a cracker, some nifty spots throughout and a good flow, great way to start.

RVD and Lynn was slightly disappointing, they both looked a bit old really and seem to have lost pace more than anything. Spots were OK, Lynn botched the really dangerous one with the ladder outside but the Van Terminator looked good at the end.

The triple threat was gash, in every way. It was thrown together and had no point. Joe ended up outnumbered which was a stupid position for a heel to be in and just looked weak losing to a pointless winning streak. Don't think TNA are clear what to do with any of these 3.

Mr. Anderson and Bubba was a great street fight. Fought all over the place, did some great weapon spots and they both worked it stiff throughout, just what a good brawl should be. Was a shame Anderson took the shine off it by missing the Senton...a lot, but the Mic Check was fine, shows what a pro Bubba is too, never been afraid to put youth over in style. Strong promo before the match too, got the crowd nicely worked up.

Knockouts match could've been OK but the dopey referee angle made the match just go all over the place. So many holes in this match.

AJ and Daniels would've been fine on impact, or even another PPV but on your biggest night with two stars of this size you shouldn't just use it as a way to continue the story, shit should generally be sorted out on this night above all others.

And then the "big one". As I was saying before, you need that giant, atmospheric setting to make a match like this to really work (think Starrcade 97 or Wrestlemania 18) and Hogan coming out like a 1980's jobber (red kneepads over jeans!!!!) didn't sell the match too much. It went as well as could be expected, some ultra-soft bumps for Hogan and some dodgy blading occurred as they stumbled on through the match. The weak sharpshooter to end it did seem to be a nod towards Starrcade where Hulk didn't lose cleanly. But, for all the faults, the crowd still went mental when Hogan hulked up for the 8234th time, shows he can still work an audience. Christ knows where TNA take this from here though.

Last match could have really stole the show. It should have been a 30-40 minute epic, which they were capable of instead of a 15 minute mess around with a botchy ending. This should've been a Roode victory, TNA putting the company in the hands of the future on the biggest stage. Instead, they built up the shit out of him then let him fall, badly. Why they didn't take away the triple threat or KO's match to give these more time at least is beyond me.

Still, this has been better than recent WWE efforts but could've have been a really top show. If Daniels and AJ really went for it as well as the main event working better it could have been TNA's best ever. It was solid but can't help but feel they dropped the ball a bit.
Back to top Go down
Hardcore Waffles
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Hardcore Waffles

Location : Trapped in Matt Hardy's rolls of flab Number of posts : 524 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk
Zack Ryder
Kurt Angle

PostSubject: Re: Bound For Glory 2011   Bound For Glory 2011 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 11:43 pm

i cant forgive them for what they've done with roode
Back to top Go down
Worthy
World Champion Winner At WM
World Champion Winner At WM
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: Bound For Glory 2011   Bound For Glory 2011 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 12:32 pm

It was an okay PPV, but the worse Bound For Glory so far.

As for the heat on TNA for not letting Roode win... lets say they made it up to the old school TNA fanbase, so i'll leave it at that as someone already ruined the big suprise on this weeks impact for me (which doesn't involve Roode).

BTW a tip for you TNA, next time you try to cover the audience problem up by shoving them all on one side for the cameras... don't have people wrestle in the huge empty area behind 3-4 rows of people on the otherside taking th piss out o
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: Bound For Glory 2011   Bound For Glory 2011 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 6:17 pm

Angle is injured.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Bound For Glory 2011   Bound For Glory 2011 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 6:44 pm

thought anderson was so unlucky, was a career defining moment, he hit it i think it's just with the momentum he just brushed off bubba, which is how the swanton hits in the ring normally, but have alot of respect for those two anyway.

Thought the crowd were a let down, the last ppv on the road was a huge atmosphere, d-lo got a bigger chant than hardy.

Aj and daniels? Wtf that should have been full of spots and action. Hated how quick they went to the mic. Ooo a chin lock i quit, fuck off, never gonna happen so why bother using the mic so early.

RVD v Lynn i think was slow because they cracked heads early on, could see rvd had to improvise a bit after that while lynn was recovering, probs when he got that black eye. Full of good action at a slower pace though.

Angle wrestling with an injury still top performer. Roode looked like he ran out of moves halfway in, really needs to learn a few more throws and suplexes i feel.

Not sure how hulk face will go, but i felt it's been leading to that so it's nice to see him back working the crowd, can tell it was meant to be a realisation that he's lost clean, why fight on all the fans want hulkamania back etc and noting beats that buzz. Hope he has a mentor role maybe and helps run the company right. Confused how bischoff will fit in but i dont want his character to give up this easilly. As i'm sure he'll be co signer on that contract that gave them power, so surely hulk cant give erics half of the company back?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bound For Glory 2011   Bound For Glory 2011 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bound For Glory 2011
Page 1 of 1