Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Bound For Glory

Go down 
+2
boschbourne06
Grecian
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

Bound For Glory Empty
PostSubject: Bound For Glory   Bound For Glory EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:45 pm

So, having actually watched a TNA PPV for the first time in a few years, and beariing in mind this was supposed to be TNA's huge show, I have to say I was underwhelmed by the show. In no particular order:

Jeff Hardy vs Austin Aries: match of the night, which was fitting for the main event. I was stunned at the Cena-style reactions Jeff Hardy was getting, seems the women and kids loved him, the dudes did not like him at all. Was this a usual thing for him in TNA, or was it a sign that he was up against Aries who is just awesome?

Aces & Eights: The unveiling of D-Von as the leader just smacked of a knee-jerk reaction. I really got the impression that it was going to be someone else, people guessed and TNA decided to pull a swerve... and got no reaction to it at all. A waste of a very good angle.

Hogan: so two of TNA's biggest stars couldn't beat 2 of Aces and Eights... and Hogan can sweep through them without breaking into a light jog? Hogan needs the spotlight too much to be an asset to any promotion.

Joey Ryan: Is he really Ben Stiller doing a really bad character?

Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Bound For Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bound For Glory   Bound For Glory EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 2:04 pm

For me poor PPV considering its there WM. It was also very very predictable. Glad Aries and Hardy got the the time they did they deserved it and really puled it out the bag. Agree with you that the whole D-von angle was pretty disappointing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

Bound For Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bound For Glory   Bound For Glory EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 2:12 pm

Zema/RVD was a good match as was Magnus/Joe, the 2 of them should be main eventers.

Dunno why Ryan/Snow was on the TNA version of Wrestlemania, just daft.

Roode/Storm was Brutal, dunno what the point of that King Mo cunt was, just standing pulling funny faces.

Aries/Hardy was also very very good.

And the Devon thing is the worst swerve ever.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
therustman
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
therustman

Bound For Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bound For Glory   Bound For Glory EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 2:49 pm

Botch (Hernandaz) for glory was too predictable like has been said, but there were some good moments.

Thought Magnus/Joe was superb, easily Magnus' best match - can see him doing well in WWE if he ends up there.

Thought the tag match other than Mr Botch was great as well, he nearly killed Kaz, unpredictable result there at least.

King Mo was pointless, special enforcer in an anything goes street match doesn't make any sense, think they are just setting up him v Roode.

D-Von, when unmasked I was like holy shit, 2 seconds later I was completely underwhelmed but I'm sure there is a bigger boss that was at the clubhouse.

Good main event, think the wrong guy won, realise hey want to put the belt on Hardy but if A double had won it would have elevated him, especially if Hardy leaves,and Hardy could have got the belt next ppv.

I am not too proud to say I marked out for Al Snow and Head.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

Bound For Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bound For Glory   Bound For Glory EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 4:58 pm

yeah, fucking calm down people haha. D-von is not the leader, he's the one who leads the troops in battle. I was almost right thinking it was D-lo, knew they would be black as I eluded to in a tna show thread. But was shocked it was d von as I totally bought them not offering him a deal.

As I thought also Roode vs storm needed no title as it would be brutal. Shocked me a bit how much blood storm lost.

Main event was good, but the crowd fucking ruined it. They have made the impact zone crowd better of late, but these cunts sapped all excitement out of it. Would have been so much better if they got excited at kick outs and it ruined the story of the match as aries is a top heel but the crowd disrespected his efforts imo. As I say clap a heel on exit. But boo during the match and entrance, even if you like them!

Joey Ryan is quality, just nervous. Just you wait. Trained by THE Brian Kendrick.

Good show, crowd were hot until the awkward chants then main event ruined.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Bound For Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bound For Glory   Bound For Glory EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 6:45 pm

I really liked Bound for Glory. I agree with Sexton. D-von is clearly not the leader as the guy who had his back turned to Hogan and Sting had White Ears! I thought it was a great swerve.

I'm still saying Sting is involved along with Jeff Jarrett.

I'm pleased Jeff Hardy won the belt. For me, even thought A Double is really good, shouldn't be near the world title scene, the same as AJ Styles shouldn't. Also, I'm a huge Hardy fan.

Joe v Magnus and RVD v Hairspray dude were good maches. I like Joey Ryan, but didn't see Matt Morgan returning.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Bound For Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bound For Glory   Bound For Glory EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 8:18 pm

D-von was shouting "You all didn't think i'd be the one behind it all stupid people."
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Bound For Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bound For Glory   Bound For Glory EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 9:33 pm

he's been the one talking all along, but the point is, we knew the guy wearing full mask and fully covered clothing was the one who speaks, but then on impact they had an extra guy in the chair facing away who was clearly not that guy. He wouldn't be facing away if he wasn't important as we've seen dvon loads with the mask anyway, but zero of this facing away no mask guy. I can't see them doing that just for no reason. Although the last 2 impacts bully was wearing his cap backwards like that guy. Maybe it was just done to hint at bully? But that would be useless.

Let's not forget joseph parks broke free, so if he doesn't say much more we know it's a cop out. Plus hasn't dvon featured since aces begun? Sure I saw him on explosion and I only started watching tna after aces and eights existed. So dvon guessed he'd not be offered a new deal, put together a crew to get pre emptive revenge?
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

Bound For Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bound For Glory   Bound For Glory EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 10:09 pm

think he ran out a couple of times to help but i no the angle they'll go with TNA wouldn't offer me a new contract and all that.
Back to top Go down
therustman
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
therustman

Bound For Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bound For Glory   Bound For Glory EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 11:48 pm

Mackem wrote:

I'm pleased Jeff Hardy won the belt. For me, even thought A Double is really good, shouldn't be near the world title scene, the same as AJ Styles shouldn't. Also, I'm a huge Hardy fan.

Why don't you think they shouldn't be in world title scene - surely not size as Hardy is not bigger than either of them (although taller), A double in particular has much more muscle and also better on the mic.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Bound For Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bound For Glory   Bound For Glory EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 9:08 am

Aries is great on the mic. The reason i'm saying this is partially due to their size but they should be used to elivate the X-Division again. When Aries was champ the X-Division meant something (RVD may do that now). I'm just no intrested in the X-Division anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Bound For Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bound For Glory   Bound For Glory EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 12:01 pm

z-i was absolutely quality at bfg though! Shame he lost the strap really, as RVD doesn't really have a gimmick.
Back to top Go down
therustman
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
therustman

Bound For Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bound For Glory   Bound For Glory EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 2:26 am

Mackem wrote:
Aries is great on the mic. The reason i'm saying this is partially due to their size but they should be used to elivate the X-Division again. When Aries was champ the X-Division meant something (RVD may do that now). I'm just no intrested in the X-Division anymore.

Fair point, there is no x division though, they need to hire some guys for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bound For Glory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bound For Glory   Bound For Glory Empty

Back to top Go down

Bound For Glory
Page 1 of 1