Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Attitude Era... PG era.....<insert era here>

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Country : Attitude Era... PG era.....<insert era here> England-1

Number of posts : 2037

Attitude Era... PG era.....<insert era here> Empty
PostSubject: Attitude Era... PG era.....<insert era here>   Attitude Era... PG era.....<insert era here> EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 2:08 am

Just thinking they are slowly moving in to a new era, well hoping they are anyway

PG era has run its course, its been good financialy but some of the promos has made it embarrasing to admit to be a fan of the show, as has alot of the wrestling.

They are saying ass a hell of a lot more, and bitch, i know its not alot to go on but its making me think they are slowly appealing to the older audience again, hopefully soon it will be PG14 or whatever

CM Punk wants to be the cause of change, hopefully this happens, im giving the show one last chance i wanna see some dramatic change

Ive been watching on and off for over a year, just started watching weekly again and i like what i see right now

every "era" has seemed to have its guy, Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, John Cena, and now i think CM Punk can step up.

Come on WWE sort it out!
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Era... PG era.....<insert era here>   Attitude Era... PG era.....<insert era here> EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:21 am

I think right now you are seeing the balance of power change, on one hand you have John Cena who is still massively over with the kids and now Punk who is more a character for the older fans. Although, Cena seeing Punk use 'inside' terms and reference other promotions has started following suit which takes away from Punk's edginess and also if this is an attempt by Cena to get over with older fans he really needs to take a reality check. He is damaging Punk and also I don't think anything he could do would ever endear himself to the Cena haters, it's gone too far for that to happen. If as you say there is to be another 'era' Punk MUST hold his own and beat Triple H and get himself inserted into a main event match at WrestleMania. It's going to be hard for him to carry on doing good, fresh promo's until that point but if the WWE are to build a new 'era' around him he has to prove he can carry a certain section of the audience for a prolonged period of time.

Perhaps a good way to book it would be to have, for example, at WrestleMania Cena v Rock go on 3rd from last. Then a cool down match and then the main event being Del Rio vs Punk for the WWE Title (doesn't have to be Del Rio, just the first name that came to mind) in a no holds barred match. These two could wrestle a very technically sound match but also show the intensity that an old fashioned no holds barred match had. With both men beaten and bloody Punk manages to lock in the anaconda vice and Del Rio taps. Punk stands in the middle of the ring sweaty and bloody holding the title, it fades to black. That could be the iconic changing of the guard moment, moving out from PG and into this new 'era'.
Back to top Go down
mrtc2003
NXT Champion
NXT Champion
mrtc2003

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Era... PG era.....<insert era here>   Attitude Era... PG era.....<insert era here> EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:31 pm

dwindow wrote:

Perhaps a good way to book it would be to have, for example, at WrestleMania Cena v Rock go on 3rd from last. Then a cool down match and then the main event being Del Rio vs Punk for the WWE Title (doesn't have to be Del Rio, just the first name that came to mind) in a no holds barred match. These two could wrestle a very technically sound match but also show the intensity that an old fashioned no holds barred match had. With both men beaten and bloody Punk manages to lock in the anaconda vice and Del Rio taps. Punk stands in the middle of the ring sweaty and bloody holding the title, it fades to black. That could be the iconic changing of the guard moment, moving out from PG and into this new 'era'.

They did something similar at WM 17 with Hogan vs Rock going on 3rd from last (or thereabouts) and the WWE Title match on last. Hogan/Rock was so big that it hurt the Title match. If Rock/Cena is as big as Rock/Hogan (and WWE are certainly assuming it will be) then putting them on before Punk could be just as damaging for him.

By all means put Punk in a big WrestleMania match (he definitely deserves it) but don't put him on after the Rock and Cena. Start the new era after the Rock has gone back to Hollywood.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Country : Attitude Era... PG era.....<insert era here> Untitl11

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Era... PG era.....<insert era here>   Attitude Era... PG era.....<insert era here> EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 9:10 am

I think we're moving to the 'Reality era'.

Punk has completely broken the 'rules' of WWE - he referred to himself a wrestler, named John Laurinaitus before he re-appeared on TV, named Colt Cabana, and showed the stupidity of WWE backing an anti-bullying campaign, when as a business, they glamorise people using violence to solve issues.

There's also Beth Phoenix and Natalya slating all the 'Barbie doll' diva's like Kelly Kelly getting the screen-time, The Miz and R-Truth having the fact they're being towards the mid-card despite both having PPV world title shots... even Cena and Rock is being built on promo's Cena and Rock have cut on each other down the years, from Cena slating Rocky for going to Hollywood.

It seems that WWE are giving time to the 'real feelings' of various wrestlers, and taking it down a more realistic route.

As for WM28 next year, Del Rio and Punk is the WWE title match I'd definitely book, but have Vince and Trips publically endorse ADR as the champ they want as he's the perfect corporate image, and I'd keep Punk completely away from the title until then - I'd have him win the Rumble to guarantee his shot.

And Rock vs Cena has to go on last; it;s in the Rock's hometown, it's most likely that match that will seal over a million PPV buys... there's no other match in WWE at the moment that could top that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attitude Era... PG era.....<insert era here>   Attitude Era... PG era.....<insert era here> Empty

Back to top Go down

Attitude Era... PG era.....<insert era here>
Page 1 of 1