Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Attitude Era

Go down 
+3
Junior
thegunman84
CruiserJim
7 posters
AuthorMessage
CruiserJim
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
CruiserJim

Number of posts : 375

Attitude Era Empty
PostSubject: Attitude Era   Attitude Era EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 8:49 am

I was watching the rock DVD last night, which may I add is not great as it shows mainly only his victories, and not his defeats, which I think were some of the best matches he was involved in Mania 2000 and WM17.

Any way back to the point, I think its safe to say that we all agree the attitude era was far better than what we have now. This was because there was so many top wrestlers involved who individually could carry a company, now we do not have this so much now. However a lot of people seem to cream over the attitude era but was it really that great I think that one of the reasons we think its so great is beacuse we all Marked out around that time and we have memories of just being an innocent wrestling fan. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

Attitude Era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitude Era   Attitude Era EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 11:53 am

As much as I loved the Attitude era at the time, for every great angle they had running, there was always one ridiculously crappy one. I feel many of us have been willing to overlook that, because the good angles were absolutely top notch. One of the things I do still really enjoy about the Attitude era though, is that there was an undercard who actually were given a chance to shine, and they were always trying to create new stars.
Back to top Go down
CruiserJim
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
CruiserJim

Attitude Era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitude Era   Attitude Era EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 12:02 pm

I know it was not all good this kind of the point of the article. The fact we all cream over it yet there were the bad points was not all great as we sometimes think.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

Attitude Era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitude Era   Attitude Era EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 12:05 pm

first thing i dwonloaded rocks dvd im not botehrd about the results it is a good dvd im on the booker v rock match from summerslam. Only thing crappy about is that all the turbuckles and belts are all blurred out cause they cant show the wwf logo.

I agree with gunner especially when it comes to Mae Youngs birth. I think like you said if the attiude era was today we would enjoy it more than the crrent lot but not as much as we would of then as we were all young inocent marks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
Kennedy
Wrestling Mates in living room
Wrestling Mates in living room
Kennedy

Number of posts : 56

Attitude Era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitude Era   Attitude Era EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 1:29 pm

The Rock DVD should have had more Rock vs HHH matches.
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

Attitude Era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitude Era   Attitude Era EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 1:47 pm

Rock DVD sucked balls, to repetitive and no documentary type thing.

CruiserJim wrote:
I know it was not all good this kind of the point of the article. The fact we all cream over it yet there were the bad points was not all great as we sometimes think.

Isn't everything relative though Cruiser? because most people compare it with today's stuff, when really there is no comparison, Yes there was some absolute shite that we forget about, but there was more gold than shit. where as today we feel lucky if we get one good story every 6 months.
Back to top Go down
CruiserJim
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
CruiserJim

Attitude Era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitude Era   Attitude Era EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 2:09 pm

Yeah but my point was Bazz was it no so good because the majority of us wwere marks and we were seeing through innocent rose tinted specs
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

Attitude Era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitude Era   Attitude Era EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 2:39 pm

For some I'm sure that's true, but I grew up as a mark in the 80's early 90's and that period sucked.

By the time attitude came around I was fully aware that wrestling was a soap, it was just the best soap with the best story lines around, so markdom doesn't really have a bearing on my view of that era.

It was just simply better to be a wrestling fan.
Back to top Go down
the-gaffer
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
the-gaffer

Location : Glasgow Number of posts : 12238 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk

Attitude Era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitude Era   Attitude Era EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 12:42 pm

I'm with Bazz, by that time the attitude era kicked in I knew it was a show, and I loved it, however like Gunz said for every good angle they had back then they had 5 bad ones, the thing is though we all were still kinda marking out without knowing it because we would all have WWF or WCW and will them to better there rival
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U13785074
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

Attitude Era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitude Era   Attitude Era EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 8:56 pm

I've always wonderd what it would be like watching the attitude era being fully aware of what was going on

Ive always thought one of the biggest reasons the attitude era was so great was because i didnt have the internet, i wouldnt find out spoiler's and i wouldnt no anything better than being the mark i was.

I still think id enjoy the era if it were to start now, even tho i understand the business (i think!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Attitude Era Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attitude Era   Attitude Era Empty

Back to top Go down

Attitude Era
Page 1 of 1