Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

The Attitude era

Go down 
+6
CruiserJim
podegarudo
Junior
bazz23-v2 ®™
C4lum
pablo1610
10 posters
AuthorMessage
pablo1610
Fandango
Fandango
pablo1610

Number of posts : 610

The Attitude era Empty
PostSubject: The Attitude era   The Attitude era EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 6:20 pm

just reading the rant about the people who bum the attitude era, i was just thinking which wrestler you thought was the bigger superstar from that era,

Austin

or

Rock
(and to a lesser extent triple h)

both have a legit claim to be regarded as the best of the era. but i think that austin sways it with his feud with mcmahon.

i mentioned triple h just before, the reason i feel this is because in the attitude era, he seemed to be the perfect foil for rock and austin at times. a great heel to work with the faces/vice versa
Back to top Go down
C4lum
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
C4lum

Number of posts : 2037

The Attitude era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Attitude era   The Attitude era EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 6:24 pm

Austin definitly had the 'bad ass' attitude, which was perfect for that particular era, personally i prefered watching Rock but id agree that Austin sways the decision to say he was a bigger star during that era, he was the first one to lay his hands on the boss and give him a stunner, he played by his own rules DTA and all that, Rock was great entertainment and all but Austin, for me influenced the attiude era more so than Rocky
Back to top Go down
pablo1610
Fandango
Fandango
pablo1610

Number of posts : 610

The Attitude era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Attitude era   The Attitude era EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 6:26 pm

personally i liked the rock more. but i think that austin saw the best of the era. i thought that the way the rock got a reaction from the crowd no matter if he was face or heel was just magic. and his promos were second to none
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

Location : Death Vally Number of posts : 3348 Favourite Wrestler : Big daddy.

The Attitude era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Attitude era   The Attitude era EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 8:17 pm

They where both top draw, but I preferred The Rock, not by much, but he just always seemed to be class everytime.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

The Attitude era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Attitude era   The Attitude era EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 8:19 pm

mr ass
scotty 2 hotty
al snow

afro
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

The Attitude era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Attitude era   The Attitude era EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 8:22 pm

Scotty 2 Hotty was just Too Much. . .bubum.............. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

The Attitude era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Attitude era   The Attitude era EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 8:24 pm

At tha age you gotta love scotty 2 hotty what happedn to him when i stopped 2 cool was kinda dissaperad/dissapearing :S know havent seen him sicne i got back in to it?

drugs ?
Back to top Go down
bazz23-v2 ®™
Second Divorce
bazz23-v2 ®™

The Attitude era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Attitude era   The Attitude era EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 8:27 pm

He was on the RAW 15th anniversary episode I think, scratch not sure though.

He was just let go, haven't a clue why, nothing to do with drugs though I don't thing.

Too much/Too cool were awesome, and mega over back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

The Attitude era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Attitude era   The Attitude era EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 8:30 pm

Oh aye came 2nd or 3rd forgot bout that think we have that emotion

The Attitude era 256957

Bingo

thinking of old stars seve blackman was in great shape at 15th anniversairy and there wer rumors of a retuern any news on that front

Also might be imagining it but wasnt wwe trying to get tajii back
Back to top Go down
podegarudo
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
podegarudo

Location : Some concrete jungle in the midlands Number of posts : 1367 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
The Miz
Dolph Ziggler

The Attitude era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Attitude era   The Attitude era EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 11:35 pm

yeah they did try to get tajiri back a while ago, but he wanted to stay in japan
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U1491729
CruiserJim
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
CruiserJim

Number of posts : 375

The Attitude era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Attitude era   The Attitude era EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 9:14 am

For me I think Austin is what the whole attitude era was about.

He personified the attidtude era so for me it has to be him.
Back to top Go down
Rob_Marks
Wide eyed child watching his first Wrestlemania
Rob_Marks

Number of posts : 6

The Attitude era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Attitude era   The Attitude era EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 9:26 am

In my oppinion the whole attitude era was about DX, The Corporation and The Ministry as these groups made the attitude era what it was.
Back to top Go down
macclads
Money in the bank winner
Money in the bank winner
macclads

Location : Cheshire Number of posts : 1556 Favourite Wrestler : Current WWE: The Miz, Jericho, Orton, Evan Bourne, William Regal, Christian, Jack Swagger, CM Punk, Kaval

TNA: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Matt Morgan, Desmond Wolfe, Mr Anderson, Hernandez, Douglas Williams, Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Kaz.

Others: Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero, Colt Cabana, Christopher Daniels, Jack Evans, Austin Aries, Tyler Black, El Generico, Briscoe Brothers, Claudio Castagnoli, Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus.

The Attitude era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Attitude era   The Attitude era EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 9:47 am

Austin, he summed up what the entire attitude era was all about.
Back to top Go down
CruiserJim
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
CruiserJim

Number of posts : 375

The Attitude era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Attitude era   The Attitude era EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 10:01 am

I think although the groups did have a major part of the era. The austin Macca was what it was all about
Back to top Go down
thegunman84
5 Time World Champion
5 Time World Champion
thegunman84

The Attitude era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Attitude era   The Attitude era EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 1:46 pm

Austin without a doubt. Without him, I don't think the tide would have swayed back to WWE from WCW. Never liked The Rock, damn 20 min comedy promos pissed me off.
Back to top Go down
Fat Chick Thriller
First Amateur Title
First Amateur Title

Location : Hiding in your mum's wardrobe Number of posts : 206

The Attitude era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Attitude era   The Attitude era EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 2:20 pm

macclads wrote:
Austin, he summed up what the entire attitude era was all about.

Could not agree more, shame his neck was done cos he wasn't the same when he came back in 2000.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Attitude era Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Attitude era   The Attitude era Empty

Back to top Go down

The Attitude era
Page 1 of 1