Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future?

Go down 
+3
Sexton Hardcastle
Worthy
Mackem
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future? Empty
PostSubject: Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future?   Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:40 pm

Just finished watching Raw. I couldn't help but think this is the beginning to a build up to Wrestlemania. We already know John Cena will take on The Rock.

After watching I think this could be the start of CM Punk taking on HHH at Wrestlemania. HHH hasn't retiered yet and it could be a way CM Punk gets the on up manship on Cena and continuing their rivalry.

I don't think either will be champion as I thing Probably Alberto Del Rio will be champ.

It it just me who thinks this?

Back to top Go down
Worthy
World Champion Winner At WM
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future?   Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:44 pm

I like that idea as Mania gets 4 big mainevent-type matches:

Cena vs Rock
HHH vs CM Punk
Raw title match
SD title match

...Just what Mania needs.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

PostSubject: Re: Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future?   Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:47 pm

I think hhh vs punk would be good and an obvious follow on. But hhh would have to be heel and punk would have to be trying to restore honour for it to be good. Good boss always stinks. And cena and hhh were cringeworthy as fuck on raw. Just cos I lost doesn't mean he's better, i mean i beat you hunter, does that mean I can be the C.O.O. Yeah, that's a real logical comparison to you losing the title to punk. Yet you being 'champion' still. Proper chummy super face crap. No wonder 54% voted cena 4 champ Neutral cena deserves a re match yes. The end. Hhh as a logical company man should remove the championship that just got invented
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future?   Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:00 pm

It's a good theory Mack but this is WWE. If you believe all the news sites, they probably won't decide the winner of Cena-Rock until half an hour before the show starts.

CM Punk vs HHH is definately on the cards now but I think HHH vs Miz is likely to be the slow burner that culminates at WrestleMania. I can see Punk-HHH having an Unsanctioned Street Fight at Survivor Series. HHH wouldn't be fighting Punk as COO or even an active wrestler, it would be Paul vs Phil.

I also thought HHH made some spot-on points about Punk last night. Firstly about his ego being the prime reason for him re-signing and his reaction to Punk's jokes about Stephanie. If that's the best Punk can come up with, his pipe bomb is pretty weak. Still not sure if Punk is meant to be more heel or face but Trips definately came off better/the good guy last night.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future?   Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:15 pm

hhh looked like he thought they were done before punk ended with the steph stuff. I thought when punk said "when you're lying in bed saying 'well i dont think he has what it takes' to your wife" it was calling hhh the lowest of lows. A bitch who tries to fuck up other peoples lives without a second thought. And you all know people like that, who just say things to trigger action, whilst acting innocent.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future?   Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:16 pm

Rocky wrote:
It's a good theory Mack but this is WWE. If you believe all the news sites, they probably won't decide the winner of Cena-Rock until half an hour before the show starts.

Who are they trying to kid as it's clearly one of those “passing the torch” matches like Rock vs Hogan that time.

Quote :
CM Punk vs HHH is definately on the cards now but I think HHH vs Miz is likely to be the slow burner that culminates at WrestleMania. I can see Punk-HHH having an Unsanctioned Street Fight at Survivor Series. HHH wouldn't be fighting Punk as COO or even an active wrestler, it would be Paul vs Phil

Funny enough alot of other people too have been saying HHH vs CM Punk will happen at Survivor Series... which is intresting.

Quote :
I also thought HHH made some spot-on points about Punk last night. Firstly about his ego being the prime reason for him re-signing and his reaction to Punk's jokes about Stephanie. If that's the best Punk can come up with, his pipe bomb is pretty weak. Still not sure if Punk is meant to be more heel or face but Trips definately came off better/the good guy last night.

It's Cena vs Punk, so Punks supposed to be a heel, but they both seem to be getting mixed reactions and i'm guessing thats why HHH was trying to turn fans against Punk.

I agree with Sexton though as alot of the logic made no sense (Cena beat HHH at on time so he should be C.O.O?) and like I said, this just smacks of desperation on WWE's part as they are determained to get people behind Cena and make it look like he isn't the teachers pet of WWE (seriously, CM Punk slagged off that talent scout bloke and now the talent scout has a problem with Cena?).

BTW I noticed on Raw that the front rows seemed full of Cena fans with either Cena shirts on or holding pro-Cena signs... very suspicious.

Last edited by Worthy on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future?   Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:18 pm

it was all in the tone too. Not suggesting he'd sit steph down and discuss peoples futures, with reasoning. Just he'd casually interfere for the fuck of it
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future?   Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:25 pm

survivor series would afc good time to have team punk vs team cena. Cena and all the top sugary sweet faces like kofi types . Then get the roh potential signings on punks side, not under contract till they prove skill beats sucking up.

Seems at some point the crowds dont listen to promos either, just cider at key words. I remember i noticed a while back I think edge or someone was bigging up the crowd, but they did it in a more wordy way, may have even been punk a while back when more heel. And it just went over their heads because it wasn't sugar coated jumping about going yay universe
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future?   Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:27 pm

I don't know how it would work as far as who is heel or face. I think after SummerSlam perhaps we will know a lot more regarding this.

A match at Survivor Series would be good but maybe to soon if CM Punk is the champion and has a good run with it. Punk to loose at the Rumble then challanges HHH?

Again, i'm just thinking out loud.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future?   Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:27 pm

*cheer, not cider. Bloody phone
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future?   Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:29 pm

Worthy wrote:
Rocky wrote:

Who are they trying to kid as it's clearly one of those “passing the torch” matches like Rock vs Hogan that time.

Quote :
CM Punk vs HHH is definately on the cards now but I think HHH vs Miz is likely to be the slow burner that culminates at WrestleMania. I can see Punk-HHH having an Unsanctioned Street Fight at Survivor Series. HHH wouldn't be fighting Punk as COO or even an active wrestler, it would be Paul vs Phil

Funny enough alot of other people too have been saying HHH vs CM Punk will happen at Survivor Series... which is intresting.

Quote :

It's Cena vs Punk, so Punks supposed to be a heel, but they both seem to be getting mixed reactions and i'm guessing thats why HHH was trying to turn fans against Punk.

I agree with Sexton though as alot of the logic made no sense (Cena beat HHH at on time so he should be C.O.O?) and like I said, this just smacks of desperation on WWE's part as they are determained to get people behind Cena and make it look like he isn't the teachers pet of WWE (seriously, CM Punk slagged off that talent scout bloke and now the talent scout has a problem with Cena?).

BTW I noticed on Raw that the front rows seemed full of Cena fans with either Cena shirts on or holding pro-Cena signs... very suspicious.

Regarding Rock vs Cena, I was more making a point about WWE's indecisiveness. There's stories all year around about them changing their plans for a show at the last minute. I can't them having anything but Rock vs Cena, even close to locked in for Mania yet.

I heard nothing about Punk vs HHH at Survivor Series before I put forward my thought. I can see it happening, with that and a Rock-Cena confrontation, it should be another PPV to look forward to.

Punk just seems more of a face to me right now, especially with his comments about coming back for the fans and bringing about change in the product.

Cena's fanbase certainly seems to have become more visible (and vocal) in the past 2 weeks. Could just be down to his fans being REALLY gripped with this story and pissed with Punk though.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future?   Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:30 pm

I think wwe missed a chance to further del rio storyline too. If hhh were planning to scrap the title at the end of raw's like he should. Del rio could have cashed in on a make believe title, got all excited. Crowd would be shocked that he beat cena fairly cleanly, then TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!! Hits. Oh well
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future?   Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:32 pm

cm punk is clearly the heel, only heels apply logic ffs lol.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

PostSubject: Re: Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future?   Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:40 pm

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:

lol, I know what you're trying to say but Punk is saying so much sense right now that it would be illogical of WWE to try and push him as the bad guy. He's done nothing wrong so far, he beat Cena fair and square, he didn't "steal" the title like a terrorist (Cole or King made a weird reference to Punk and terrorism) and he chose to come back on his own accord. Cena, on the other hand, took advantage of a weakened Rey and metaphorically "stole" (one of) the championships from him and threatened to punch a WWE executive. Far more heelish acts there.

Jericho would have a field day with all the hypocricy at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

PostSubject: Re: Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future?   Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:59 pm

Rocky wrote:
Sexton Hardcastle wrote:

lol, I know what you're trying to say but Punk is saying so much sense right now that it would be illogical of WWE to try and push him as the bad guy. He's done nothing wrong so far, he beat Cena fair and square, he didn't "steal" the title like a terrorist (Cole or King made a weird reference to Punk and terrorism) and he chose to come back on his own accord. Cena, on the other hand, took advantage of a weakened Rey and metaphorically "stole" (one of) the championships from him and threatened to punch a WWE executive. Far more heelish acts there.

Jericho would have a field day with all the hypocricy at the moment.

I agree Rocky, but this is sports entertainment we are talking about here where if heels cheat or do bad things they get booed, but if faces cheat and do bad things they get cheered (I think thats what you were getting at with your Jericho comment).

As for Cena... well for what ever reason Cena is their golden boy and ofcourse they'll portray him as such, so whilst he lost fair and square, all WWE pages blame the stuff with Mcmahon and that John guy for the loss. Thats why they do stuff like keeping quiet about the fact Rey won 3 matches for that title whilst Cena didn't, having Cena turn on management like that talent scout guy whilst playing down Punk doing the same thing, thats why they make it out that Punk rejoined because of his ego... I could go on, but you get the idea, WWE want you to boo Punk and cheer Cena.
Back to top Go down
therustman
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
therustman

PostSubject: Re: Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future?   Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:46 pm

Was disappointed that the 2nd title wasn't scrapped and Cena could then have got his rematch at SS, would have made a lot more sense.

Guessing the feud will go on to NOC, imo Punk needs to go over preferabley clean to cement him as main eventer in the 'Universe's' eyes. Del Rio could then cash in, though I think he will do it at the Mexican Raw show as I'm sure they are goin out live from Mexico like they do from UK.

Thought the promo segments were weaker tonight than the past few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future?   Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:19 pm

It's a confusing angle, as all three (Punk, Cena and Trips) are all essentially playing face characters.

Cena - the super-face for the PG generation.

CM Punk - the super-face for guys like me, who WWE just haven't catered for in years, and got to say all thw things I've wanted said in years.

Trips - he's been a face wrestler for years, and the way he booted Vince off the show was a very face way of doing it - he apoogised profusely, etc, etc. Now he's trying to be fair and straight-down-the-middle. problem is, Teddy Long already does that on Smackdown, we don't need another guy doing the same on Raw.

Incidentally, Cena's impression of Laurinitis was spot-on!

If WWE play it right, they could have another star on a par with the likes of Rock and Austin in CM Punk. problem is, him working with Cena (who WWE are desperate to keep face) is just going to end up with a lot of mixed reactions, and I can see Punk doing the job at SummerSlam just to teach him a lesson.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

PostSubject: Re: Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future?   Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:39 pm

The recent rumours of WWE having big plans for Rey are making me wonder if he might get involved at SummerSlam. Perhaps he stops Del Rio from cashing in the winner? There could then be a slow build towards a Loser Leaves WWE match at the Mexican RAW that therustman mentioned.

EDIT: I realize Rey was given the WWE title but is a 1 hour title reign really "big plans"? If there wasn't the Mexican RAW coming up, I'd be inclined to agree but Rey has to be involved with that in a big way and I don't think it will be another title match against Punk/Cena.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

PostSubject: Re: Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future?   Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:27 am

If Punk does beat Cena again (I can't see WWE allowing Cena to be beat cleanly twice), then WWE should use some common sense and have him fued with a proper heel like R-Truth or Miz
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future?   Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:54 am

Rocky wrote:
The recent rumours of WWE having big plans for Rey are making me wonder if he might get involved at SummerSlam. Perhaps he stops Del Rio from cashing in the winner? There could then be a slow build towards a Loser Leaves WWE match at the Mexican RAW that therustman mentioned.

EDIT: I realize Rey was given the WWE title but is a 1 hour title reign really "big plans"? If there wasn't the Mexican RAW coming up, I'd be inclined to agree but Rey has to be involved with that in a big way and I don't think it will be another title match against Punk/Cena.

Technically, Rey's entitled to a rematch too...

I'm getting an increasing feeling that Del Rio will cash-in at Summerslam, and it'll end up a fatal 4-way at Night Of Champions between ADR, Rey, Punk and Cena.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future?   Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 11:23 am

I think the problem with this story, the only real one because credit to them it's been decent, is creative got a massive boner about unified titles and will do everything to push that idea, forgetting that it's a credible title with alot of history vs a one week old belt with none. I really dont get how unifying it would matter, it will be like taping on a bit of writing that says rey and cena held this belt for a while whilst punk was still champion. I really hope punk wins and just bins the fake one. They are ruining the whole title time line for no reason. As for rey, wack him on smackdown now kane cant get him.
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

PostSubject: Re: Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future?   Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 11:45 am

I hope the more I go on about it, the more likely it is it somehow gets scrapped, but it won't because as I say creative have a huge boner over two guys both with "belts" because it makes it look like a clash of the titans

Cena has to lose though, maybe it's just to make cena "look worse" storyline wise, as he cant keep his hands on a title, even its made just for him.

another thought pattern and question now. If Cena ever turned heel, would his young fans still cheer him? I think they would, because they dont seem to take notice of anything he says anyway. He could cut a really clever promo and they would just be cheering because its orange cena man. So if he turned heel the kids would still probably cheer him winning and some of the adults would probably start cheering him lol.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future?   Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 2:40 pm

I think it'd depend on how he turned heel. If he just did the generic 'attack another face to cost him a title/match' angle, he'd probably get booed, especially if he did it on someone the fans cared about, like Rey.

If he cuts some kind of promo where he slates the fans, I think the older fans would start cheering him more, and the kids would boo.

Cena's in a very odd spot where around 50% of the fans genuinely loathe him, and the rest love him. It'd take something pretty decent to make that any different.

Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

PostSubject: Re: Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future?   Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 7:58 pm

Grecian wrote:
Rocky wrote:

Technically, Rey's entitled to a rematch too...

I'm getting an increasing feeling that Del Rio will cash-in at Summerslam, and it'll end up a fatal 4-way at Night Of Champions between ADR, Rey, Punk and Cena.

Regarding the Rey rematch, I read one theory on another forum that there is some old rule that a champion needs at least one successful title defense before he is entitled to a rematch. Rey's match against Cena was his only defense and he lost so therefore he has no claim. I don't ever recall hearing that rule myself though.

Slightly related to Del Rio, it's nice to see Kofi in another pointless feud. I think he's done with Ziggler and I can't see him getting involved in the main event anytime soon (even though I think he's ready) so it appears he's stuck in limbo again. Neutral
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future?   Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 8:34 pm

i've never heard that theory for title defenses
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future?   Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future? Empty

Back to top Go down

Raw 1/8/11 - a show for the future?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next