Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

What does the Future Hold?

Go down 
+2
Hardcore Waffles
Mackem
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

What does the Future Hold? Empty
PostSubject: What does the Future Hold?   What does the Future Hold? EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:50 pm

Another Wrestlemania been and gone and I always feel that Wrestlemania is like and end of year party for the WWE. Soon we'll have the Draft (I assume). I think they should totally revamp both shows. Vince put all of his big guns on Raw because TNA went to Monday nights. Now they have gone back to Thursdays they should split the Brands a bit more equally. I think they should give a few guys new gimmicks / roles.

1st thing I would do (and its the most obvious one) is turn John Cena heel. Go down the route of him being there for the fans when The Rock wasn't and then he turns up and the fans love him straight away! Cena turns on fans.

Get rid of The Corre. They have been used like shite recently after it had so much potential - giving them the IC and Tag Team belts. Keep Barrett and Ezekiel Jackson together - possibly draft in Mark Henry and have them a force as a three. Fued Barrett with Edge for the WHC.

Draft Christian over to Raw. Let him fued with The Miz over the WWE title, keeping him face. I think those two could have some good matches.

CM Punk to fued with Daniel Bryan. They teased this last year before Punk's injury. Give them ago. I heard these two were good in Ring of Honour.

Drew McIntyre. The chosen one. That didn't work out, so I'd turn him face. Give him a Diva. Bring back Tiffany. Use there real life marrage in a storyline. Make then the Posh and Becks of the WWE. Keep him winning as he has his wife in his corner. A run with the IC / US title.

around 18 months ago Smackdown was the show we all watched for the 'wrestling' and Raw was the show we watched as the main show in the WWE. They should go back to that I think. The likes of Jack Swagger, Cody Rhodes, Kofi Kingston, Michael McGillicutty (change his name to his proper name) and John Morrison to name a few.

I think WWE are missing a 'monster' type character - similar to abyss. I'd use Husky Harris with his new character.

Anyway - just a few ideas. What do you guys think? Do we need a dramatic change?
Back to top Go down
Hardcore Waffles
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Hardcore Waffles

Location : Trapped in Matt Hardy's rolls of flab Number of posts : 524 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk
Zack Ryder
Kurt Angle

PostSubject: Re: What does the Future Hold?   What does the Future Hold? EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 10:17 pm

Cody for world champ. Would like to see a Sin Cara and Del Rio feud somewhere down the line
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: What does the Future Hold?   What does the Future Hold? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 5:21 pm

I think there are a couple of guys ahead of Cody for the title, but should be a future champion. A run with the IC title first then perhaps take it of Rey Mysterio, who I wouldn't mind seeing with another run.

Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: What does the Future Hold?   What does the Future Hold? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 6:14 pm

Mackem I think alot of your suggestions are sound. I don't know though if Christian vs Miz would sell PPVs though so there would have to be a strong undercard. Rhodes now needs to go and really work hard to impress the WWE officials as he is now back on track with a new and fresh gimmick and could easily be a champion by this time next year.

I also agree about the monster character, Kane is so watered down now that they have lost any mystery around him and Husky is young enough to have that gimmick and carry it through a long career, similar to Kane.

I think alot will ride on the MITB PPV as to where the year takes us, there are quite a few names that could win it however surely one of them will lose! On Raw there are the likes of Morrison and Ziggler as well as Bryan and maybe a repackaged Skip Sheffield when he returns. On SmackDown Christian, Cody, Swagger, Barrett and maybe even Kofi are potential winners. I do feel though that there will be a Morrison v Miz feud down the line for the WWE title because of the repeated use of Miz saying who's the Janetty now?! They've also shown they can do it and to a high standard so I wouldn't mind betting that it'll be these two feuding over the title at WM 28 as it won't be the main event because of the Rock v Cena match.
Back to top Go down
randy-poffo
TNA debut
TNA debut
randy-poffo

Location : middlesbrough Number of posts : 919 Favourite Wrestler : macho man randy savage

PostSubject: Re: What does the Future Hold?   What does the Future Hold? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 7:11 pm

I like the sound of a Christian vs Miz feud,but i would have Miz going over to smackdown.Having Del Rio,Miz,Christian and Edge all around the title for smackdown.
Maybe have CM Punk and Bryan move over aswell and start promoting smackdown as the "workers" show.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: What does the Future Hold?   What does the Future Hold? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 7:35 pm

To be honest I didn't give much thought to The Miz. I just didn't want to forget about him. John Morrison will be an ideal opponent fot The Miz, but going back to your point DW, who do you thing can sell PPV's with The Miz?

I like the idea of Smackdown being the workers show. As I said above, it was good to watch 18months ago.

Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: What does the Future Hold?   What does the Future Hold? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 8:33 pm

Rightio, in no particular order...:

move Randy Orton to Smackdown. Even up the distribution of main eventers a little more, gives Randy a whole new batch of guys to face.

Undertaker - make him srtong again. I hate the new 'weakened' Undertaker, it does nothing to preserve his legacy, does nothing to strengthen the guys beating on him.

On Raw, give real attention to 2 feuds: Bryan vs Sheamus, and Ziggler vs Morrison. Give them at least 3 PPVs, and extended match time in each. At the end, match them up with a headliner and make them look competitive - Sheamus n' Trips, Bryan n' Cena, Ziggler n' Orton, Morrison n' Miz. On two of those there's already history in place, Bryan could make me look good in a wrestling match (admitttedly, Cena's more of a challenge, but you know...) and Ziggler needs a solid worker to work with. Doing that would refresh the entire main event scene on Raw, and assuming Orton goes to Smackdown, Ziggler would move too.

On the subject of Ziggler, split him and Vickie as soon as possible.

Money In The Bank: give one case to Cody, and the other to either John Morrison or Daniel Bryan. Whichever one wins, announces he'll cash in at the Mania 28 main event, which gives them at least 8 months to build him as a real main-eventer. I'd also book Cody to lose his cash-in, making his character even darker than it is now.

Swagger: repackage him as a deadly serious wrestler, and push him to the world title scene again.

Sin Cara: move him to Smackdown, and feud with Mysterio. For no other reason than I really want to see that match!

Miz - give him clean wins over any established main eventer. Seriously, anyone. I'd go with a run with Triple H in the short term, Trips must be able to see that Miz is going to be the man for some time, and the more money Miz can make, the more Trips will make.

Cena - I'd keep him face. I'd take him off TV for a couple of months (selling a beating from someone), and then re-introduce him in the summer. As they've announced the WM28 match so early, there's a real chance that by the time it rolls around, we'll all be suffering from overkill.

Tag division: re-unite the Hart Dynasty for starters. I'd also split the Corre (sack Slater, send Gabriel to Raw to compete in the US title division), and use Jackson & Barrett as a dominating tag team. Let them run roughshod over the division, defend the belts on every PPV - this makes the division have some meaning, and sets up the eventual split storyline later down the road.

I don't think there's all that much wrong with WWE - they just need let some of their younger talent off the leash and let them go. Mania 27 did sod all to elevate any of them, and this needs to be corrected as quickly as possible.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: What does the Future Hold?   What does the Future Hold? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 8:55 pm

I'd also leave the Tag Team Division on one brand I think. Only 4 or 5 tag teams to get it back on track. The Hart Dynesty, The Uso's, Santino and Koslov and i'd keep Slter and Gabriel together for now.

Randy Ortan - he's a guy I have no idea what to do with. I can't see him fueding with anyone. Perhaps Del Rio but really struggling with him.

Also, no-one like my Drew McIntyre idea? Wink

Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: What does the Future Hold?   What does the Future Hold? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 9:12 pm

Mackem wrote:
To be honest I didn't give much thought to The Miz. I just didn't want to forget about him. John Morrison will be an ideal opponent fot The Miz, but going back to your point DW, who do you thing can sell PPV's with The Miz?

I'd say someone like HHH being used to build him up, it doesn't need to be much just maybe 2 clean Miz wins and he's away as a legitimate headliner.

I think the main problem WWE has at the moment is a mixture of 1. too many wrestlers, 2. not enough good gimmicks and 3. not enough legitimate headliners.

1. There are way too many wrestlers on the roster because of the Nexus and NXT, it's good that new talent is coming through but so much is falling by the wayside. DiBiase has become a joke a year after he was in a major Mania match he isn't even on the card, talent like R-Truth have also fallen away, Tyler Reks has had a PPV match and is now primarily on Superstars. What i'm trying to say is they need to cut alot of guys, even if they don't take 6 of them and repackage them as 3 tag teams to rebuild that division.

2. So many guys are just plain as piss, athletic types, where are the beer drinking Stone Cold's or the mysterious and scary Kane's. All the top heels at the moment are pretty much the same character, there is no-one like HHH's heel character who takes a beating and never runs away.

3. There are hardly any legitimate headline talent to put the young wrestlers over; Cena and Orton are the one's who are there most of the year. Mysterio to a degree has a simular power but who puts the faces over? where is the top heel for them to beat? WWE needs to let the two main heels at the moment Miz and Del Rio get a series of clean wins over these guys and build them up so that when a John Morrison or a Daniel Bryan needs to they too can be put over.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: What does the Future Hold?   What does the Future Hold? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 9:23 pm

2. So many guys are just plain as piss, athletic types, where are the beer drinking Stone Cold's or the mysterious and scary Kane's. All the top heels at the moment are pretty much the same character, there is no-one like HHH's heel character who takes a beating and never runs away.

Absolutely bang on. The only heel with a unique character is Punk, and even he's being booked as the standard chickenshit heel. Using him as Big Show's personal job boy last summer has pretty much destroyed him as a big-time heel at the moment - he needs to ditch the new Nexus quick. As for the heel who doesn;t back down, surely a perfect role for Ezekiel Jackson?
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: What does the Future Hold?   What does the Future Hold? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 9:29 pm

Mackem wrote:
Also, no-one like my Drew McIntyre idea? Wink

Kind of. When he unleashed his more aggressive side in the Chamber, I started to see something in him, but he's been jobbed out ever since, and cut from the Mania card.

I'd switch him to Raw, and install Michael Cole as his manager. Use him in an enforcer role and just have him obliterate people at Cole's beck and call. I know people have been touting Swagger for this, but Swagger's too good on his own to be a lackey for Cole. Drew Mc needs some help, and this'd be it.
Back to top Go down
harley43033
Backyard Wrestler
Backyard Wrestler
harley43033

Country : What does the Future Hold? UnitedStatesofAmericaUSA-1

Location : Ohio, United States Number of posts : 82 Favourite Wrestler : HBK!

PostSubject: Re: What does the Future Hold?   What does the Future Hold? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:18 am

I think you are all right about a couple things..

We definitely need a new monster like creature. However, I feel it should be less supernatural and more like mankind... We need another guy to come in and be bat shit crazy and be willing to go hardcore all the time to bring everyone to the next level. We need some superstars that aren't afraid to bleed a little for the show.

Also,...... GIVE DANIEL BRYAN SOME FREAKIN FREEDOM ALREADY!!

If anyone remembers watching him on NXT he was allotted a lot of freedom to make things more real. Honestly, when he was feuding with Micheal Cole, sometimes I really couldn't tell if it was fake or real, and he did it soooo well that I couldn't get enough of Daniel Bryan. That is why the fans desperately wanted him back after they were forced to fire him... Maybe they are keeping him more low key because of some sort of probationary period or something to make sure he doesn't piss someone off again. But he made wrestling real again...

I've been watching for ever, and no one has fooled me like he did in the last ten years.

I agree, move orton to smackdown... it seems obvious to help everything out.

Get rid of both nexus and corre... start a new group if needed, but get rid of them..

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD CREATE SOME TAG TEAM COMPETITION!

The tag teams have been used for absolutely nothing lately. When DX was fighting Legacy in tag matches it was just pure awesomeness. Tag teams used to be a real division, and now you'll get one team or two teams, and the rest are just thrown together superstars who don't have anything else going on. Let's get some real freakin teams going and create some competition to build the legitimacy of the tag titles again.

That's enough for now... guess I'll rant more on this topic soon.
Back to top Go down
http://totalgamingexperience.com
Mackem
Mackem

PostSubject: Re: What does the Future Hold?   What does the Future Hold? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:30 pm

Grecian wrote:
I'd switch him to Raw, and install Michael Cole as his manager. Use him in an enforcer role and just have him obliterate people at Cole's beck and call. I know people have been touting Swagger for this, but Swagger's too good on his own to be a lackey for Cole. Drew Mc needs some help, and this'd be it.

I'd make Swagger a full on face. He is the All American American. The seeds are already planted. Make him a national hero like Kurt Angle. He's wasted with Michael Cole.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

PostSubject: Re: What does the Future Hold?   What does the Future Hold? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 11:10 am

Swagger's a difficult one. I'd definitely go for the serious amateur wrestler with him, but whether that'd be face or heel, I don't know.

Swagger's got the same problem Ziggler has - they've been paired with a non-wrestling heel who massively over-shadows them. Ziggler needs to dump Vickie, Swagger needs to be cut loose from Cole.

Here's a thought: how about Drew and Vickie? She could play the spoilt brat woman, demanding things, and he could be the pussywhipped dude trying to please her. Think Booker T and Sharmell...
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: What does the Future Hold?   What does the Future Hold? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 3:42 pm

That's not a bad shout although I see Drew as a sort of lone wolf psycho who will go after anyone, maybe if paired with Vickie she could almost 'pimp' out his services to defend people?!

As for Swagger I think he needs time under Cole otherwise he will just seem like someone who was just used for one match and that would destroy him! In the long run he has the build and ability to be a top star but unless he can cut a promo he will struggle. In my opinion he needs to win the Intercontinental Championship and hold that belt unbeaten for a good 8-10 months before saying to the GM that he deserves to challenge the World Champion, it gets the IC belt over as more important as a long run as champion has been used to challenge for a world title and it puts Swagger over as a legitimate threat to the belt as he has been unbeaten for so long when as champion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What does the Future Hold?   What does the Future Hold? Empty

Back to top Go down

What does the Future Hold?
Page 1 of 1