Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

CM Punk Vs John Cena

Go down 
+8
Saint Jimmy
therustman
Worthy
feяgie22
podegarudo
Rocky2
hodge13
boschbourne06
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Grecian
Most decorated Champion in history
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

CM Punk Vs John Cena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 10:22 pm

I don't think MITB should be the gimmick, it should be used to elevate someone. It worked when Edge was the Ultimate Opportunist, worked when Miz was the 'Fastest Rising Star in WWE' because it added to the gimmick. Just being Mr Money In The Bank is going to leave a fairly hefty hole when he's cashed it in...
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 10:28 pm

But I see Bryan using the case better than most and say cashing in on for example Christian as a face he'd say 'I'm using the case to get a title shot at the next PPV and it's going to be a submissions match'. It's a face way of cashing in and it gets him over as a submissions expert which gives him the edge in the match.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 10:30 pm

dwindow wrote:
But I see Bryan using the case better than most and say cashing in on for example Christian as a face he'd say 'I'm using the case to get a title shot at the next PPV and it's going to be a submissions match'. It's a face way of cashing in and it gets him over as a submissions expert which gives him the edge in the match.

Like Samoa Joe Did against AJ Styles but that make sense as Joe was huge then.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 10:39 pm

Grecian wrote:
I don't think MITB should be the gimmick, it should be used to elevate someone. It worked when Edge was the Ultimate Opportunist, worked when Miz was the 'Fastest Rising Star in WWE' because it added to the gimmick. Just being Mr Money In The Bank is going to leave a fairly hefty hole when he's cashed it in...

But it gets him over (and probably keeps him over) as he finds and develops a gimmick. If Bryan started to be acknowledged as the "submissions expert" while stuck in the SmackDown midcard, no-one would really give a crap IMO. However, as Mr Money In The Bank, it would make people wonder who he could cash it in on (perhaps Cena with his dodgy neck) and when.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:36 am

I agree with Grecian. ADR winning is a bit pointless to me after his Rumble win, but no-one else in the match stands out for the win either. Say if Dolf Ziggler or Drew McIntyre was in then they could of used it to build their character.

The PPV overall was great. Again I agree with Grecian about Cody Rhodes winning MITB. Bryan has jobbed out over the past few months while Cody has been building his character great imo and this should of been the next step.

I personally liked the way Christian won the WHC as it was he who put that stipulation in the match so to me it was obvious he was going to use it.

Punk v Cena. I'm actually surprised Punk won, but glad it happened. It just proves WWE can continue a storyline in the right way without bottling it.
Back to top Go down
Hardcore Waffles
Called up to main roster
Called up to main roster
Hardcore Waffles

Location : Trapped in Matt Hardy's rolls of flab Number of posts : 524 Favourite Wrestler : CM Punk
Zack Ryder
Kurt Angle

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:43 am

I thought Miz's injury was legit, his knee looked a bit fucked up. Maybe its just because i was tired.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:53 am

nah Miz is fine apparantly, no one was legit injured at the PPV although there was there usual bumps to be expected
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:48 pm

I dont understand what everyone is saying about Del Rio not needing to win the MITB. I think hes just been languishing since Mania and hasnt done anything of note since then as I think he definately should have beaten Edge so I think this is the perfect opportunity to make him a star although this opportunity should never have been needed as he should have been made a star when he won the Rumble and beat Edge. I think he was the right man for the MITB win unless he loses again which will be pointless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

CM Punk Vs John Cena
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2