Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

John Cena

Go down 
+3
Junior
Grecian
Mackem
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mackem
Most decorated Champion in history
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

John Cena Empty
PostSubject: John Cena   John Cena EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 7:44 pm

I'm suprised no one has commented on how the champion has been beat down the past 2 weeks on Raw. If it was anyone else we would of been hearing how the champion is looking weak and whats the point of him being the champ if they are going to do that to him. Just because its John Cena, and everyone doesnt like him, it's acceptable.

This may be seen as a rant - maybe it is - but if it was Daniel Bryan for example, there would be a lot more talk about it. Daniel Bryan getting beat down just after becoming chapion would make his title win look like a fluke and his first defence would result be in defeat. Then come the PPV Bryan retains and he would of defied all the odds and retaining. I can bet your bottom dollar when Cena retains his title the 'Super Cena' talk starts again.

Agreed he has been pushed down our throats for close to 10 year now, but this is WWE's fault, not Cena's. He is the modern era Hulk Hogan. Hogan didnt even have 5 moves of doom. he had 3. But this is a different era and WWE hasn't made a new star yet. This is the reason John Cena isnt heel. I also believe they will never turn him heel. If - and a big if - they do, the crowd will cheer him, so no point in turning him. Cena has done a lot for the company and made the company a lot of money.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

John Cena Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Cena   John Cena EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 8:33 pm

It's more a question of who's beating him down.

Ryback's just turned, has lost at every PPV since last year and needs to look the beast he should be. If Cena was whupping him each week, there'd be no interest, we'd all be moaning that Cena looks like SuperCena, and Ryback shouldn't be in the title picture.

Plus it's such a rarity for Cena to sell for anyone, perhaps we're all in shock.
Back to top Go down
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

John Cena Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Cena   John Cena EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 9:59 pm

To be fair cena like you say he has been shoved down everyones throat but hes the poster boy the chairty king and a kids favourite , all of which which gives vince money and good publicity .

So he is unlikely to turn heel unless they can do it in such a way people will buy 'merch' but then like grecian said hed be at risk of getting cheered . Plus Cena as a face will sell loads of shirts to kids rather than heel cena selling a couple of shirts to adults. I think will a gimmick change may be a better idea (however i know people wont agree).

But back to the beatdown thing the example of daniel bryan is a good one , i do agree he was made to look weak but when its being done by the sheild i think it is kind of more aceptable as it is 3 on 1 . However the thing that annoys me is it looks like the shield is to feud with BOD/Bryan , so having them attack cena makes no sense . So i think they need to end the BOD storlyine and have them be part of the WWE Title story line , however i have no idea how to do this .

Also anyone notice on raw cena was back to his yellow t shirt he wore the boring champ is here on for one week :s .
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

John Cena Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Cena   John Cena EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 10:31 pm

He did say he was going to wear his yellow one, so it was easier for The Ryback to find him.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Junior
WWE Champion as G.M
Junior

Location : The City Of Angles Number of posts : 16515 Favourite Wrestler : Essa Rios, CM Punk, Too Cool, Aj Styles ,Shawn Michaels,

John Cena Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Cena   John Cena EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 11:56 pm

il be honest i fast forward most of it
Back to top Go down
http://wweandtna.niceboard.net
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

John Cena Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Cena   John Cena EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 2:52 am

So do i, but i catch certain bits, mostly shite bits.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Mackem
Mackem

Location : Sunderland, England Number of posts : 7076 Favourite Wrestler : John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, CM Punk, AJ Styles & The Boogyman

John Cena Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Cena   John Cena EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 10:57 am

Grecian I get your point but in my opinion the beat down should of come from mark Henry. He had just won a big match at mania. Put him against Cena. I would of used Ryback to go through the roster beating everybody up and work up to Cena. Last weeks Raw was stupid though. Why was the point of the shield doing the beat down? Agreed it lead to a showdown with Cena and ryback. I understand that. But why not have Bryan and Kane run in to help. They did so with taker and HHH.
Back to top Go down
therustman
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
therustman

John Cena Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Cena   John Cena EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 11:31 am

Imo Cena is as much to blame for the 'problem' as WWE.

He just doesn't sell, he lies still for 20 seconds then bounces back up. He powers out of submission moves that have been built up overtime - Del Rio's arm bar for instance, gets pummelled into concrete and boom then destroys half of Nexus 30 seconds later.

Can't remember his last clean loss (Rock at WM28?) even in his bad year he just does nothing to elevate anyone, compared to Orton who lies down every other week at the moment.

I don't think last couple of Raws really make you think he might lose title, compare to what happened to poor Dolph who got beat by the guy who got beat at WM by the guy Dolph beat and will scrape through with title at Extreme Rules in a stolen triple threat victory.

Cena protects his position as much as Hogan did (not saying most would be any different) but he needs to develop selling ability and psychology - can't see it happening anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

John Cena Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Cena   John Cena EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 1:50 pm

Cena is simply this generation's Hogan. If Hogan ever did a clean loss, he made sure the spotlight followed him out of the building. Mania 6 vs Warrior, he was supposed to just leave the ring, but shaking warrior's hand and handing him the belt made sure that everyone knew he was involved and watched him leave.

Macks, I completely agree it should be Henry in the Ryback spot at the moment.

Cena won't change, he gets too much protection from WWE and Vince to have to bother. If you watch him in Elimination Chambers, Rumbles, anything like that, most of the time he's booked to stay right out of the way, and it's left to guys like Orton, Dolph, Punk, Jericho to carry the workload.

I've always thought that just by doing what he does now, Cena would have been a hell of a heel in the Attitude era.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

John Cena Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Cena   John Cena EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 2:33 pm

I think that as well. Cena would of been great in the attitude era.

Maybe I'm clutching at straw here but why didn't the rock leave the ring at wm when he lost the title? Ok Cena was at the top of the ramp bit the spotlight was indeed on the rock. Hogan at wm6 was completely different in my opinion (but its a very valid point about the spotlight). Throughout cm punks 433 day title reign the spotlight was well and truly on punk. Cena was out of the way to an extent. Yes Cena chose ryback to face punk etc and was still in the picture but no where near as hogan. Hogan lost at wm6 (1990). The following ppv was summerlam. Hogan main events that ppv with earthquake.on the same bill warrior fought rock rude in a cage match for the title. They brought in slaughter as the Iraqi enemy just so hogan could be the true American and defeat the bad guy at wm7.

I agree that Cena should sell more in the ring. I'm not arguing that point. I just think the timing could of been done better.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

John Cena Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Cena   John Cena EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 4:18 pm

I read Rock not leaving as proof that Cena vs Rock 3 for Mania 30 is going to happen...

I'd dispute that the spotlight was on Punk during his reign. Most of the time, he wasn't main-eventing PPVs. Even Cena vs Kane got the nod to headline Elimination Chamber ahead of Punk's Chamber match. It was only after Punk turned heel that he started getting the attention.

Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

John Cena Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Cena   John Cena EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 8:46 pm

Super Cena is back cheers

In all seriousness the ending of Raw was quite good imo until The Shield came out. Ryback was suprisingly good on the mic (apart from a few times putting the mic down so we couldnt here him properly).

But when The Shield came out you knew Cena was going to get the better of them with the chair. The only thing that suprised me was that it was Cena who left the ring.

Watching it back got me thinking. Cena's 5 moves of doom aren't that bad - but i'd change his finisher. Something simple to do and a quick impact move. Something like a face buster. The AA is just terrible.
Back to top Go down
Perfect Jack
Second Divorce
Perfect Jack

Location : North London Number of posts : 3549 Favourite Wrestler : Past: Mr. Perfect

Present: CM Punk. The Miz and Sheamus

All time: The Undertaker

John Cena Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Cena   John Cena EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 9:37 pm

yeah but he needs to change them all up though, his matches become so predictable, just needs to add more moves to his arsenal so to speak.
Back to top Go down
http://z3.invisionfree.com/6CW/index.php?
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

John Cena Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Cena   John Cena EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 1:23 am

his finisher is perfect really. A move where he can turn and face the camera for a close up. I get bored of debate about number of moves/predictability. That's what creates sequences in matches. He is 100% the same as the rock/undertaker/hogan/anycunt etc in terms of the way moves lead to other moves. A huge part (if you can all remember being a young fan) was the way you could predict what is coming, it's what made it exciting and what made it shocking when move sequences ended in a reversal l or kick out. Decades of the same thing with performers of varying skill. Why would they all of a sudden change it to please the current generation of smarks?

If you once loved any top face as a child, you'd love Cena if you were that same child now.

Cena is quite an immobile square shaped human who has tried things such as hurricanranas and flyinng fame assers to mix things up, unfortunately he is not built for exceptionally technical moves, but in terms of 100% wwe style move sets, he is a carbon copy of any succesful long staying main eventer.

the debate could be that he lacks some psychology and hasn't realised he isn't convincing enough between moves/when down on the mat after taking offence.

Rey Mysterio drop toe hold, here it comes michael, drop the dime 619, ohhhh and a big splash 1 2 3 he did it.

sequences help commentators sell the momentum of matches and they will forever be the life blood of wwe. But no, Cena should do a swinging ddt, drag the opponent to a corner for a butt splash, cartwheel into a faceplant and end with a surfboard stretch. Rather than do moves that suit him.

Can't resist defending Cena, as everyone hates him which is boring for debate
Back to top Go down
Sexton Hardcastle
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
Sexton Hardcastle

Number of posts : 13076

John Cena Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Cena   John Cena EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 4:14 pm

*I mentioned Rey as I was going to add a load of examples of matches having the same sequences in every week, but lost interest.
Back to top Go down
Mackem
Mackem

John Cena Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Cena   John Cena EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:25 pm

Sexton Hardcastle wrote:
his finisher is perfect really. A move where he can turn and face the camera for a close up. I get bored of debate about number of moves/predictability. That's what creates sequences in matches. He is 100% the same as the rock/undertaker/hogan/anycunt etc in terms of the way moves lead to other moves. A huge part (if you can all remember being a young fan) was the way you could predict what is coming, it's what made it exciting and what made it shocking when move sequences ended in a reversal l or kick out. Decades of the same thing with performers of varying skill. Why would they all of a sudden change it to please the current generation of smarks?

This is pretty much what i've been trying to say. YOu just have a way with words.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

John Cena Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Cena   John Cena Empty

Back to top Go down

John Cena
Page 1 of 1