Wrestling Forum And Videos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe Portal!Latest imagesRegisterLog in
We were DELETED. Link below to back up forum or our new WOKEN vessel

rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com rebirthofwrestling.forumotion.com

CM Punk Vs John Cena

Go down 
+8
Saint Jimmy
therustman
Worthy
feяgie22
podegarudo
Rocky2
hodge13
boschbourne06
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Location : Slough Number of posts : 15866 Favourite Wrestler : Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

CM Punk Vs John Cena Empty
PostSubject: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 3:53 am

What a match and what a ending i cant wiat for Raw now and i think what made this PPV and Match was the crowd was way into this match and never was silent for a minute of this match that really made this match for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587269750&ref=pro
hodge13
Most decorated Champion in history
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 3:57 am

It was simply brilliant

Punk's nailing of Del Rio as well was the clincher for me, although Cena taking out the talent relations guy was also good. Cena played his role brilliantly today.

For some reason i think i will be staying up to watch Raw tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 4:01 am

I thought it was a dull match actually (saw it called Match Of The Year on another forum???). Can't fault the ending though. Loved the way they teased the audience with the predicted MITB cash in. Does this mean Del Rio is the first unsuccessful cash in now or, because like Cole said, the bell was never rung, it doesn't really count? I really didn't think they would have the "happy" ending of Punk leaving as the hometown hero and new champ, WWE almost always seem to ruin those types of things.

I thought the SmackDown MITB was Match Of The Night. Gabriel and Slater both impressed me and Sheamus put a similar dominant performance to Drew McIntyre in the EC. The RAW one was a bit disappointing although that may be because it was shortened due to Miz's (I presume) legit injury?

Overall the PPV is about 8/10 for me. Glad it was a Sky Sports one.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 4:02 am

hodge13 wrote:
It was simply brilliant

Punk's nailing of Del Rio as well was the clincher for me, although Cena taking out the talent relations guy was also good. Cena played his role brilliantly today.

For some reason i think i will be staying up to watch Raw tomorrow!

agreed im way to excited for wrestling now WWE have really pulled this out the bag and they havent done this in years.
Back to top Go down
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 4:05 am

Rocky wrote:
I thought it was a dull match actually (saw it called Match Of The Year on another forum???). Can't fault the ending though. Loved the way they teased the audience with the predicted MITB cash in. Does this mean Del Rio is the first unsuccessful cash in now or, because like Cole said, the bell was never rung, it doesn't really count? I really didn't think they would have the "happy" ending of Punk leaving as the hometown hero and new champ, WWE almost always seem to ruin those types of things.

I thought the SmackDown MITB was Match Of The Night. Gabriel and Slater both impressed me and Sheamus put a similar dominant performance to Drew McIntyre in the EC. The RAW one was a bit disappointing although that may be because it was shortened due to Miz's (I presume) legit injury?

Overall the PPV is about 8/10 for me. Glad it was a Sky Sports one.

i put on my facebook it was match of the year just for that fact the crowd was so into it and made the match even more and del rio never cashed the MITB in as punk took him out i also think the worst match was Orton vs Christian as it was the only match for me to close my eyes on and miss the ending and i too am glad i didnt have to pay for it.
Back to top Go down
podegarudo
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
podegarudo

Location : Some concrete jungle in the midlands Number of posts : 1367 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
The Miz
Dolph Ziggler

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 4:06 am

very good ppv overall, and the crowd for the last match was fucking mental, was surprised at the ending of the match, and the fallout will be very interesting tomorrow
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U1491729
boschbourne06
Hesth Slater's Kid
boschbourne06

Rollins
Lesnar
CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 4:07 am

also got to mean Punks sticking around now right ???
Back to top Go down
podegarudo
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
podegarudo

Location : Some concrete jungle in the midlands Number of posts : 1367 Favourite Wrestler : Chris Jericho
The Miz
Dolph Ziggler

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 4:11 am

well whatever the situation, i wouldnt have him appear on raw at all tomorrow
Back to top Go down
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/U1491729
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

Location : In My House Number of posts : 4224 Favourite Wrestler : Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 4:11 am

boschbourne06 wrote:

i put on my facebook it was match of the year just for that fact the crowd was so into it and made the match even more and del rio never cashed the MITB in as punk took him out i also think the worst match was Orton vs Christian as it was the only match for me to close my eyes on and miss the ending and i too am glad i didnt have to pay for it.

I just think a Match Of The Year is more than just the crowd reaction (although I agree, that was good tonight). The actual wrestling was just the typical way of Cena showing "he can wrestle" by doing abdominal stretch after abdominal stretch. And he never once flipped off that hostile crowd, OK then?! Rolling Eyes

Orton vs Christian was disappointing compared to their matches at Over The Limit and Capitol Punishment but it was worth it for the return of proper psycho Orton. Haven't seen that since WrestleMania 25.

Worst match (Divas don't count) was Mark Henry vs Big Show for me, not really a surprise there. How many times is Big Show going to get put out of action?
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 4:15 am

podegarudo wrote:
well whatever the situation, i wouldnt have him appear on raw at all tomorrow

I agree. At most, I would show a "home video" of him looking at contracts that have been offered to him already by "rival companies". I hope Vince punishes Del Rio tomorrow as well as Cena, Del Rio failed to do his job too so it's only fair.

Speaking of Del Rio, he's a heel I genuinely hate which makes a change from liking them or at the other extreme, thinking they are just shit.
Back to top Go down
hodge13
hodge13

Number of posts : 5725 Favourite Wrestler : Randy Orton
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
Bryan Danielson
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 4:36 am

interesting theory was that Del Rio was intended to cash in and win, but Punk broke script and kicked Del Rio, doesnt sit with me personally because you would think Del Rio would get up again unless he was actually knocked properly as it was a kick to the head i think.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 8:49 am

I wanted Punk to come down and win the Raw MitB match, that would've been brilliant.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Yoin13
Worthy
World Champion Winner At WM
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 2:39 pm

The best PPV this year by far (and I include Mania in that too).

The crowd made the Punk vs Cena match though and that was hilarious when they shouted “you can't wrestle” and CM Punk said “who me? oh you mean him” lol! Also good ending too.

As for match of the show, it has to be the Raw MITB which was a spotfest, whilst the Smackdown one just seemed bland.

BTW CM Punk has slagged off WWE, made Vince look like a pussy and has now kicked out of Cena's finisher twice... it's safe to say he's signed with WWE taking th piss out o
Back to top Go down
therustman
NXT Main Event
NXT Main Event
therustman

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 3:00 pm

Best PPV for years imo since that quality Backlash 2/3 years ago.

Enjoyed both MITB matches, I preferred the Smackdown one. Slater and Gabriel were better than expected (Slater especially), Sin Cara's bump was brutal (this is what I like about Seamus it looks like it hurts!) and was genuinely surprised by the winner.

Divas match was better than usual seemed to have a little longer. (Not saying it was good mind).

Big Show/Mark Henry was expecting shite so not let down. right guy won at least.

Raw MITB - Great move from Bourne no surprise by the winner. Thought the Miz injury was a work so he could run in later but when that failed thought maybe legit.

Orton/Christian was ok, didn't like the DQ thought Christian could have got a pinfall through some cheating but the aftermath was excellent.

Punk/Cena was electrifying, the crowd was amazing possibly the hottest I can remember for a long time. Glad Colt Caban got a chant shame the commentaters just referred to him as 'a fan'. Ending was superb and there were several excellent near falls especially the 2nd AA.

Punk's new T-Shirt told me he had signed!

Hopefully they will keep him off TV for a while and have Vince/Del Rio and a ref chasing him round the country. Appearing at a ROH event would be fab.

Would happily have paid for this.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

Location : Manchester Number of posts : 2836 Favourite Wrestler : AJ Styles, Rob Van Dam, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Matt Sydal (aka Evan Bourne), Jack Evans and Luchadores in genral.

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 3:13 pm

Miz's knee looked really messed up at the time it happened and considering he did it because he didn't bend his knees on the landing, I think it was legit.

Also Daniel Bryan missed a trick as he could have cashed it in on Christian after his beat down last night.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 3:25 pm

Worthy wrote:

The crowd made the Punk vs Cena match though and that was hilarious when they shouted “you can't wrestle” and CM Punk said “who me? oh you mean him” lol! Also good ending too.

As for match of the show, it has to be the Raw MITB which was a spotfest, whilst the Smackdown one just seemed bland.

BTW CM Punk has slagged off WWE, made Vince look like a pussy and has now kicked out of Cena's finisher twice... it's safe to say he's signed with WWE taking th piss out o

Surely you've got the RAW and SmackDown ones mixed up. The majority of the RAW one was spent by the guys lobbing ladders at each other and punching each other for eternity on top of the ladders.

I loved the part in the SD one when Bryan, Gabriel, Slater and Sin Cara jumped through/over the ropes in succession.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 3:28 pm

Rocky wrote:
Worthy wrote:

Surely you've got the RAW and SmackDown ones mixed up. The majority of the RAW one was spent by the guys lobbing ladders at each other and punching each other for eternity on top of the ladders.

I loved the part in the SD one when Bryan, Gabriel, Slater and Sin Cara jumped through/over the ropes in succession.

Was just going to say the same, SD one was brilliant, the only big spot in the Raw one was Bourne SSS of the top of the ladder.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 3:31 pm

Also loved the boo's Mysterio was getting when going for the case.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
Worthy

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 4:03 pm

Yes I did get the two mixed up as I ment the first one.
Back to top Go down
Saint Jimmy
TNA Heavyweight Champion
TNA Heavyweight Champion
Saint Jimmy

Location : Liverpool Number of posts : 1319 Favourite Wrestler : Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 6:27 pm

What a show!

The last match was just amazing. The ending was so good. CM Punk just shown us all right there that he truely is the best in the world but lets not forget about Cena in this. He shown me why he deserves to be in the position he is in. He played to the crowd perfectly by doing the things they hate which just kept the crowd going and just added so much to the match. What a match!

The Smackdown MITB match was brilliant I thought and by far the better of the two. The phsycology behind the moves that happened and it wasnt just a spot fest like the RAW one made it just fantastic plus Danielson winning could only be a good thing.
Back to top Go down
feяgie22
Heath Slater's Kid
Heath Slater's Kid
feяgie22

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 7:42 pm

Bryan will be the 1st to lose.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 8:53 pm

feяgie22 wrote:
Bryan will be the 1st to lose.

Probably. The IWC can't have everything go their way lol.
Back to top Go down
Grecian
Grecian

Number of posts : 5679

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 10:06 pm

It was a decent PPV, but a part of me thinks everyone is raving about it because of the guys who won.

Bryan, Christian and Punk winning means the IWC is happy, despite...

Bryan being jobbed out for the past few months. I would have actually preferred Cody to have won.

Christian vs orton was a let-down of a match. However, Orton's psycho bit at the end was awesome.

Raw MITB - the wrong guy won. ADR doesn't need it, he's won the Rumble and had numerous title shots already. And I'm getting bored of all his 'Destiny!' talk, getting dull now. Should have been someone who would have used it, either Kofi or Swagger.

Miz's injury is not legit. Speaking as someone with a very dodgy knee, if he'd done anything serious, there's no way they'd have sent him back out, especially not if he was going to take a bump off the ladder. I did think the Big Show was hurt, Henry seemed to really twat the chair on his ankle.
Back to top Go down
dwindow
Vinces Bitch
dwindow

Number of posts : 1677 Favourite Wrestler :
Sami Callihan

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 10:12 pm

I really enjoyed Money in the Bank, it was all in all the best PPV so far this year.

The SmackDown MITB match was awesome and I think it helped because there were many different guys who could've won and I was surprised by Bryan winning but also glad they are doing something with him. However, he was burried on commentary for the whole match which does nothing to put over a guy who then beats 7 others to win. I thought Gabriel and Slater really contributed a lot to this match which is good but did anyone notice that half of the original Nexus were in this match?!

Didn't bother watch Kelly and Brie.

Henry and Big Show served it's purpose to put Henry over and didn't take too long which is good. What I will say is that I liked the idea that as Henry is 'The World's Strongest Man' he could tear Show's leg out of it's socket with the Boston Crab and think that should be used more.

The Raw MITB was good as well but didn't quite live up to the earlier match. I enjoyed the idea that every participant started with a ladder to defend themselves. I thought the pop Miz got hobbling back down the ramp was huge and was conviced he'd win before the false finishes and Del Rio winning. I hardly remember Riley in this match but maybe that was to protect him as he's fairly green and it's a high risk match. In my opinion the MITB would've been better off given to someone else, although that person for me would've been Morrison had he not have been injured, as Del Rio doesn't need it to push him into the main event.

Christian v Orton, disappointing and thought that Orton acted like a heel after the match which is odd as he's been all goofy face as of later.

Punk and Cena I really enjoyed, the crowd made that match and Punk played up to it. The counters in and out of finishers was brilliant and it would be within my favorite matches of the year, maybe not technically best but favorite and I marked out for the first time in a long time when Punk won.

One thing I thought would happen is after Punk won Vince would grab the mic and call out Del Rio to cash in but Bryan's music would hit and he'd come out looking like he was going to cash in but instead they both raise each other's hand, almost in a Benoit and Guerrero fashion. Del Rio's music then plays and they both fight him off before he cashes in and they both leave Chicago to massive cheers.
Back to top Go down
Rocky2
Wrestling Legend
Wrestling Legend
Rocky2

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 10:14 pm

Grecian wrote:
It was a decent PPV, but a part of me thinks everyone is raving about it because of the guys who won.

Bryan, Christian and Punk winning means the IWC is happy, despite...

Bryan being jobbed out for the past few months. I would have actually preferred Cody to have won.

Christian vs orton was a let-down of a match. However, Orton's psycho bit at the end was awesome.

Raw MITB - the wrong guy won. ADR doesn't need it, he's won the Rumble and had numerous title shots already. And I'm getting bored of all his 'Destiny!' talk, getting dull now. Should have been someone who would have used it, either Kofi or Swagger.

Miz's injury is not legit. Speaking as someone with a very dodgy knee, if he'd done anything serious, there's no way they'd have sent him back out, especially not if he was going to take a bump off the ladder. I did think the Big Show was hurt, Henry seemed to really twat the chair on his ankle.

While I can see what you mean about ADR not needing the win, I don't think Cody needed it either. He has a unique gimmick and also has history with Orton (who I can see regaining the title quickly). Unless he's still going with that crap Ladies Man thing, Bryan doesn't have a gimmick to speak of (being called a nerd by Cole doesn't count). He is now Mr Money In The Bank, rather than just some former indie wrestler who gets bullied by a commentator.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk Vs John Cena   CM Punk Vs John Cena Empty

Back to top Go down

CM Punk Vs John Cena
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next